Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,139 members, 7,780,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:12 AM

How To Build A Quadcopter - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Build A Quadcopter (42332 Views)

I Want To Build A Rechargable Unit / Component Used In Making Quadcopter / Learn How To Build A Fuelless Generator And Make Money This Year (video)!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by RCDIY(m): 7:23am On Jan 02, 2018
kolawoleibukun:
na wah o

so make we come day build am? people plenty oh. so na where we go sell am? na video dem day teach this kind thing no be for pictures.

na this one Nigeria won take develop?

we no get things way we go show the world apart from copycat?

Well, my brother... This is a new year. Lol. All the of replies I kept for this kind of your post, I left them in 2017.

Thank you for your comment all the same.

1 Like

Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by SoNature(m): 7:23am On Jan 02, 2018
In the coming months, I'm looking to acquire a drone for taking amazing landscape pictures and filming some awesome moments.

Are there any local laws stipulating how Nigerians should fly them (registration, use, etc) or are we still in 1970s technology in Nigeria?
Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by RCDIY(m): 7:23am On Jan 02, 2018
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin

Good use of your time.

Big ups Op.

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by RCDIY(m): 7:29am On Jan 02, 2018
EgunMogaji:
Do you use Loctite to hold the screws from being vibrated loose?

Some of the nuts have got rubber lockers but most don't. The screws and nuts are also of fine thread so they hold quite strong.
Components that introduce vibrations are limited to the motors and and propellers. By choosing good quality ones, vibration is reduced to the barest minimum. You can still balance them when necessary
Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by bullabong(m): 7:31am On Jan 02, 2018
Following
Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by Mckandre(m): 7:32am On Jan 02, 2018
Homguy:
You need a reset!
ok, tellme what's wrong with what i just said? undecided
Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by RCDIY(m): 7:33am On Jan 02, 2018
williamdeluxe:
Good work... I'm amazed

keep it up

pls when u ar tru... lemme knw, so DAT I kan order 4RM u
Thank you. I live in Abuja
Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by moses983: 7:34am On Jan 02, 2018
Nizze one
Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by Mckandre(m): 7:35am On Jan 02, 2018
Homguy:
You need a reset!
ok
Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by RCDIY(m): 7:36am On Jan 02, 2018
olusun43:
Nice one.. Can you teach me how to do it?

Sure! Let me know when you're ready
Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by RCDIY(m): 7:38am On Jan 02, 2018
vroom:
Nice one...like how much will it cost to have this n what's the life span like?
It depends on what you want and the parts you choose. You can make really small crafts for fun or bigger ones for Aerial photography.

1 Like

Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by Nobody: 7:39am On Jan 02, 2018
its cheaper to buy than build, components arent made locally. has wonderful applications.
Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by RCDIY(m): 7:41am On Jan 02, 2018
BiggyBamBam:
How to assemble

Please make use of the dictionary this year or go back to primary school.
Thank you.

Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by RCDIY(m): 7:43am On Jan 02, 2018
Mckandre:
OP after all these epistle kindly show us the one u finally built ursef angry

I have pictures here of the ones I've completed, bro

1 Like

Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by RCDIY(m): 7:45am On Jan 02, 2018
devdanArthur98:
where did you order your frame from and other items.. .which store.. ..if you could put up the link, I would appreciate it

Search on Ali-Express, bro.
Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by RCDIY(m): 7:46am On Jan 02, 2018
devdanArthur98:

Hi bro please what store did you use In ordering the stuff...Thanks in anticipation of a reply

Ali-Express, bro
Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by assyn(m): 7:49am On Jan 02, 2018
nice stuff..do you build it yourself or you have a team? where are you based?

1 Like

Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by RCDIY(m): 7:50am On Jan 02, 2018
Mechejy:
congrats! but in all these can we build or have aeroplane that is made in by us? like we have first indigenous car made by Innoson motors

It is possible. Problem with Nigeria and Africa generally is lack of initiative by governments and able private persons.
While many countries are projecting the total discontinuation of fossil fuel vehicles in as near as 2030, our government is still searching for new crude oil deposit.

The world is full of possibilities.

1 Like

Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by arrestdarrester: 7:51am On Jan 02, 2018
Impressive. I want one

1 Like

Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by RCDIY(m): 7:52am On Jan 02, 2018
YoungBlackRico:
I'm more interested in type of camera used on it...

You can use a variety of cameras but the best suited for me is 4k Actions cameras. Very light (<200g) and makes extra clear images.
Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by RCDIY(m): 7:53am On Jan 02, 2018
Liamm:
Good day Sir. Could you give me the estimated cost of building a 250mm size quodcopter (from ordering of parts to assemblying/completion)

Happy New Year

Send me a mail please. ogocology@gmail.com
Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by JohnGainsville(m): 7:53am On Jan 02, 2018
This is good... How high can it fly??

1 Like

Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by RCDIY(m): 7:56am On Jan 02, 2018
SoNature:
In the coming months, I'm looking to acquire a drone for taking amazing landscape pictures and filming some awesome moments.

Are there any local laws stipulating how Nigerians should fly them (registration, use, etc) or are we still in 1970s technology in Nigeria?

Yes, there are laws.
For commercial drone application, you need an approval from ONSA and a permit from NCAA. This is the info I got last time I checked though. Knowing how our people are, I am not sure if the same applies for private/recreational drones
Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by simplyglow: 7:57am On Jan 02, 2018
[b][/b]h[quote author=RCDIY post=62317940]Hello Guys,
Its been few days now since my last update.
This is probably the worst thing about building anything RC. You have to wait for weeks to get parts and components.
I am still waiting for the frame and other part

I believe you can get most of this parts here in Nigeria, my kid bro built something similar last month, and am sure he got the parts from an online store here in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by YoungBlackRico(m): 7:57am On Jan 02, 2018
RCDIY:

You can use a variety of cameras but the best suited for me is 4k Actions cameras. Very light (<200g) and makes extra clear images.
All right, thanks sire.

1 Like

Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by RCDIY(m): 7:59am On Jan 02, 2018
assyn:
nice stuff..do you build it yourself or you have a team? where are you based?

I make it myself when I'm not busy, bro
Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by RCDIY(m): 8:01am On Jan 02, 2018
JohnGainsville:
This is good... How high can it fly??

Thank you.
The distance of flight (vertical or horizontal) is limited to the range of the transmitter. My maximum range is about 1.5km (not fully verified) but I don't fly any of my crafts out of sight.
Maybe when I start flying FPV, I may go beyond line of sight

1 Like

Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by Stylz69(m): 8:02am On Jan 02, 2018
RCDIY:

Yes, there are laws.
For commercial drone application, you need an approval from ONSA and a permit from NCAA. This is the info I got last time I checked though. Knowing how our people are, I am not sure if the same applies for private/recreational drones

Approval from ONSA and permits from NCAA are on paper only. I work with drones using them to carry out topographic surveys and aerial services and we wrote to NCAA to register. They couldn’t even provide any information neither did they know that they were responsible for such. So we just use the acknowledgment copy of the letters we wrote them as the permits pending when they know how they wish to license drone users. As for ONSA, you require an end user certificate. You can apply for this on their website but again that’s a long thing. Just fly your drone and keep away from airports or security installations and you’ll have no problems

6 Likes

Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by RCDIY(m): 8:06am On Jan 02, 2018
simplyglow:
[b][/b]h

Well, you didn't say what your brother built so we can't discuss beyond that.

Thank you for your interest though.
Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by victorazyvictor(m): 8:07am On Jan 02, 2018
Where can I buy transmitter and receiver.

1 Like

Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by RCDIY(m): 8:09am On Jan 02, 2018
Stylz69:

Approval from ONSA and permits from NCAA are on paper only. I work with drones using them to carry out topographic surveys and aerial services and we wrote to NCAA to register. They couldn’t even provide any information neither did they know that they were responsible for such. So we just use the acknowledgment copy of the letters we wrote them as the permits pending when they know how they wish to license drone users. As for ONSA, you require an end user certificate. You can apply for this on their website but again that’s a long thing. Just fly your drone and keep away from airports or security installations and you’ll have no problems

My dear, thank you a million for this info. The kind of stories those people told me when I tried, I almost cried. I kept asking them who even put the regulation in place since they don't know about it.
I will do as you did.
Please drop your email or mail me at ogocology@gmail.com
I need to discuss more with you

1 Like

Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by RCDIY(m): 8:11am On Jan 02, 2018
victorazyvictor:
Where can I buy transmitter and receiver.

I think there are transmitters on konga. Not sure how good they are.
You can also check Ali-Express

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Unidentified Space Junk Labelled ‘WTF’ Is About To Crash Into Earth / Strawberry Super Moon Lite Up The Night In Spectacular Pics Frm Around The World / Mutant, One-Eyed Albino Baby Shark Found In Indonesia (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.