Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:04 AM

Whats The Advantage And Disavantages Of Updating An Andriod Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whats The Advantage And Disavantages Of Updating An Andriod Phone (14486 Views)

What Are The Advantages Of Updating A Phone? / How To Browse The Internet Using The Bluetooth Of An Andriod Phone / Whats The Best Budget Phone So Far. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats The Advantage And Disavantages Of Updating An Andriod Phone by Godwin978(m): 4:55pm On Oct 30, 2017
hello nairaladers. my infinix hot 3 is requesting for update, i want to know the advantage and disavantages of updating before i proceed
Re: Whats The Advantage And Disavantages Of Updating An Andriod Phone by sinaj(f): 4:57pm On Oct 30, 2017
It fix bugs most times.

2 Likes

Re: Whats The Advantage And Disavantages Of Updating An Andriod Phone by hyfr(m): 7:14am On Oct 31, 2017
Advantages:
*Better battery autonomy,due to an efficient management of resources*.
*Bug fixes *
*support for more features*
*New user interface*
*better compatibility on the printing aspect based on wifi, Bluetooth etc
Disadvantage :
*Non compatible applications*
*some users experience weak battery power*
Pls that's alll I know
Pls We need a similar thread for IOS upgrades too

6 Likes

Re: Whats The Advantage And Disavantages Of Updating An Andriod Phone by dan55: 7:14am On Oct 31, 2017
Ok.......didn't even know
Re: Whats The Advantage And Disavantages Of Updating An Andriod Phone by Nobody: 7:14am On Oct 31, 2017
Godwin978. I had an infinix hot 3 but I didn't use it up to a month be4 it crashed. How're you coping with yours?

4 Likes

Re: Whats The Advantage And Disavantages Of Updating An Andriod Phone by kay29000(m): 7:14am On Oct 31, 2017
I am here to learn.
Re: Whats The Advantage And Disavantages Of Updating An Andriod Phone by fruqy(m): 7:16am On Oct 31, 2017
Advantages...
More speed
Fixes glitches
Latest security update
App optimization

Disadvantages...
App compatibility issues - you might need to update most apps on the PlayStore
You might need to factory reset to get full optimization or else you might experience reduced speed and lagging.

3 Likes

Re: Whats The Advantage And Disavantages Of Updating An Andriod Phone by Abeyjide: 7:16am On Oct 31, 2017
It gives new features
Re: Whats The Advantage And Disavantages Of Updating An Andriod Phone by Uchwilliam(m): 7:19am On Oct 31, 2017
K
Re: Whats The Advantage And Disavantages Of Updating An Andriod Phone by swiz123(m): 7:19am On Oct 31, 2017
Abeyjide:
It gives new features
New features?
Mine doesn't download new fonts, what could be the problem?
Re: Whats The Advantage And Disavantages Of Updating An Andriod Phone by dulux07(m): 7:20am On Oct 31, 2017
Update are meant to make the phone work better, sometimes with new features.
But in some unusual or rare cases, it might crash the OS , but most times it happens when you tamper with the OS before updating.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whats The Advantage And Disavantages Of Updating An Andriod Phone by LilSmith55(m): 7:22am On Oct 31, 2017
dulux07:
Update are meant to make the phone work better.
But in some unusual or rare cases, it might crash the OS, but most times it happens when you temper with the OS before updating.

Like Root before Updating?

1 Like

Re: Whats The Advantage And Disavantages Of Updating An Andriod Phone by Kingdollar28(m): 7:22am On Oct 31, 2017
Bro .it has no disadvantages.... Since the update is required by the phone itself.... There is 4 sure a system update for you device through infinix...

I'm using hot4pro also waiting for updates
Re: Whats The Advantage And Disavantages Of Updating An Andriod Phone by Nobody: 7:25am On Oct 31, 2017
I don't really see any disadvantage of updating as the phone requested for it by default.

4 Things That Make Tecno Boom J8 To Stand Out

http://www.mazinoweb.com/2017/10/4-things-that-make-tecno-boom-j8.html

1 Like

Re: Whats The Advantage And Disavantages Of Updating An Andriod Phone by Nobody: 7:26am On Oct 31, 2017

kkko:

I did not read the news but I think the father is the cause of the problem. since the daughter got pregnanted by the Landlord, the father should either abort the pregnancy and move on but if not, the father should try and pregnant the landlord wife too or make Amala for the landlord to eat and die.
Re: Whats The Advantage And Disavantages Of Updating An Andriod Phone by dulux07(m): 7:26am On Oct 31, 2017
LilSmith55:

Like Root before Updating?
yes, in most cases it wont even update, it just crashes.
Re: Whats The Advantage And Disavantages Of Updating An Andriod Phone by Kingdollar28(m): 7:27am On Oct 31, 2017
kkko:

I did not read the news but I think the father is the cause of the problem. since the daughter got pregnanted by the Landlord, the father should either abort the pregnancy and move on but if not, the father should try and pregnant the landlord wife too or make Amala for the landlord to eat and die.

U must be a good joker

2 Likes

Re: Whats The Advantage And Disavantages Of Updating An Andriod Phone by gratiaeo(m): 7:30am On Oct 31, 2017
kkko:

Na so madness de start o

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whats The Advantage And Disavantages Of Updating An Andriod Phone by overhypedsteve(m): 7:36am On Oct 31, 2017
I don't think there should be a disadvantage considering the fact that updates are created to enhance and boost the already available functionalities in a phone. E.G an updated music player may come with new features like: lyrics display, automatic favourite song playlist creation, ability to pause or playback when your ear plug is plugged or removed. Ability to create automatic romantic music playlist when you are with a girl angry (stupid android music player, she was already holding me and ready to dance but I wanted to create a playlist of romantic music to spice things up, i spent almost 10 minute searching through my song list of 500 music to find the right track, it broke my heart when I was done and she just sat down and said she was tired) tips for guys always have a playlist of romantic songs you don't know when it would be useful

visit RunMyResearch.com we provide one of the best academic research writing service you could ever find anywhere
https://runmyresearch.com/hire-a-researcher/
make the best of your final year research project or Thesis

1 Like

Re: Whats The Advantage And Disavantages Of Updating An Andriod Phone by Princehojay(m): 7:37am On Oct 31, 2017
givan:
Godwin978. I had an infinix hot 3 but I didn't use it up to a month be4 it crashed. How're you coping with yours?

I don't really know what happened to yours ooo, but I have been using my Infinix Hot3 for more than a year now, it is the only phone am using and it has not giving me any problem ever since i have been using it till this very moment, Though I also did the update on the first week I bought the phone, the update went well and successful...
Re: Whats The Advantage And Disavantages Of Updating An Andriod Phone by kennypedia(m): 7:39am On Oct 31, 2017
You will have to update all app or it sucks your battery
Re: Whats The Advantage And Disavantages Of Updating An Andriod Phone by Mikemickey(m): 7:40am On Oct 31, 2017
My infinix hot not has been requesting for an update for a very very long time but I just declined Cus I heard its 50/50 and it might crash.
I don't want to take that risk that's why am still managing it like this
Re: Whats The Advantage And Disavantages Of Updating An Andriod Phone by prodiG(m): 7:41am On Oct 31, 2017
kkko:

Isn't it obvious that the weed you're taking is more than your brain can manage effectively? sad
Re: Whats The Advantage And Disavantages Of Updating An Andriod Phone by Habiodunz(m): 7:41am On Oct 31, 2017
Fact: Some OTA update bricks phone when it has bug
Re: Whats The Advantage And Disavantages Of Updating An Andriod Phone by Zoola91(m): 7:43am On Oct 31, 2017
kkko:

Re: Whats The Advantage And Disavantages Of Updating An Andriod Phone by juvewalex(m): 7:45am On Oct 31, 2017
Since I upgraded my infinix zero 3, my mobile hotspot has been malfunctioning including my Bluetooth. Each time I turn on my hotspot ,it turns off within seconds..
Re: Whats The Advantage And Disavantages Of Updating An Andriod Phone by obhokhanb(m): 7:47am On Oct 31, 2017
hi nairalander, i just join you today,and today is my birthday,won't you wish me a happy birthday?

6 Likes

Re: Whats The Advantage And Disavantages Of Updating An Andriod Phone by Nobody: 7:51am On Oct 31, 2017
Zoola91:

Did I mention the mother? the mother is not aware, she travelled to calabar.
Re: Whats The Advantage And Disavantages Of Updating An Andriod Phone by femi4: 7:51am On Oct 31, 2017
Godwin978:
hello nairaladers. my infinix hot 3 is requesting for update, i want to know the advantage and disavantages of updating before i proceed
Disadvantages:

1. Difficult to root the phone

2. Difficult to change phone imei without rooting your phone.

Advantages:

1. Fixes bugs

2. Defence against malicious attack
Re: Whats The Advantage And Disavantages Of Updating An Andriod Phone by Nobody: 7:52am On Oct 31, 2017
only disadvantage is.... when you keep updating, it will get to a time you won't have space I your phone again.... OS would have occupied the fucking 16 abi 32 gig phone u bought

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lg Optimus L3 E400 (how To Increase Your Internal Storage Or Rom Space To 1GB) / Is This The Way Jumia Is Ripping Nigerians? Very Bad!! / Searching Google For Movies Is A Long Process! Easiest Way To Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.