Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,797 members, 7,806,203 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

Rohr Names Francis Uzoho And 24 Others To Face Algeria And Argentina - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rohr Names Francis Uzoho And 24 Others To Face Algeria And Argentina (971 Views)

Nigeria To Face Algeria In The Semi-Final Of AFCON / Super Eagles Coach, Rohr Names Four Strikers To Represent Nigeria In Egypt / Facts About Nigeria's Goalkeeper, Francis Uzoho With Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rohr Names Francis Uzoho And 24 Others To Face Algeria And Argentina by rayblast(m): 9:02pm On Oct 30, 2017
Goalkeepers: Daniel Akpeyi (Chippa United, South Africa); Ikechukwu Ezenwa (FC IfeanyiUbah); Francis Uzoho (Deportivo La Coruna, Spain)

Defenders: William Ekong (Bursaspor FC, Turkey); Abdullahi Shehu (Anorthosis Famagusta, Cyprus); Tyronne Ebuehi (ADO Den Haag, The Netherlands); Leon Balogun (FSV Mainz 05, Germany); Uche Agbo (Standard Liege, Belgium); Chidozie Awaziem (Nantes FC, France); Olaoluwa Aina (Hull City, England)

Midfielders: Mikel John Obi (Tianjin Teda, China); Ogenyi Onazi (Trabzonspor FC, Turkey); Wilfred Ndidi (Leicester City, England); Oghenekaro Etebo (CgD Feirense, Portugal); John Ogu (Hapoel Be’er Sheva, Israel); Mikel Agu (Bursaspor FC, Turkey); Chidiebere Nwakali (Sogndal FC, Norway)

Forwards: Ahmed Musa (Leicester City, England); Kelechi Iheanacho (Leicester City, England); Moses Simon (KAA Gent, Belgium); Alex Iwobi (Arsenal FC, England); Odion Ighalo (Changchun-Yatai, China); Henry Onyekuru (RSC Anderlecht, Belgium); Anthony Nwakaeme (Hapoel Be’er Sheva, Israel)

STANDBY: Kenneth Omeruo (Kasimpasa FC, Turkey); Alhassan Ibrahim (FK Austria Wien, Austria); Brian Idowu (FC Amkar Perm, Russia)
Re: Rohr Names Francis Uzoho And 24 Others To Face Algeria And Argentina by elyte89: 9:05pm On Oct 30, 2017
OYA,LETS GO DERE!!!
Re: Rohr Names Francis Uzoho And 24 Others To Face Algeria And Argentina by Raziii(m): 10:36pm On Oct 30, 2017
No Elderson Echiéjilé... It's about time.
Re: Rohr Names Francis Uzoho And 24 Others To Face Algeria And Argentina by WizzPoll: 6:20am On Oct 31, 2017
Echiejile is injured just like Moses, when this 2 are well and fit they should rejoin the squad. Echiejile is the only left footer we have in our squad. so we can not just dump him except we find another natural left back. Echiejile may have lost pace going forward but he is still a good defender.

I am glad about Uzoho's inclusion. I can see him displacing Daniel Akpeyi. We still need Enyeama back for his world cup experience. I don't think Enyeama should return as automatic number, he should be made to fight for his place and it must be made clear that Mikel remains captain after he returns. But I think for the world cup the 3 likely goalkeepers should be Enyeama, Uzoho and Ezenwa.

Defenders chosen are quite good. But Omeruo should be in the squad for his world cup experience and yet he is also young. All our defenders at the moment have not been to the world cup. Omeruo falls within the age bracket and yet he has been to world cup. He should be considered.

Midfielders: Uche Agbo should have been listed as a midfielder while Nwakali drops to standby. I don't think Nwakali is ready for world cup. Omeruo should take his place. Mikel Agu also seems very nervous, they should consider changing Mikel Agu for an attacking midfielder because right now only Iwobi is the natural attacking midfielder.

Forward: I still think the strike force is very blunt. Nwakaeme and Iheanacho are not among our best strikers out there. I guess they deserve a chance before subbing them but their deficiencies will show against argentina. I am glad Ahmed Musa is there as a winger I like Musa for his world cup experience, speed, workrate.

(1) (Reply)

Victor Moses Has Been Nominated For The 2017 BBC African Football Player Of The / Nigeria Draw Argentina, Iceland, Croatia In Russia 2018 World Cup Draw / How To Make Money On Lionsbet....click To Register Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.