Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,322 members, 7,808,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

Manual Brainbox Installed In Automatic Transmission SUV. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Manual Brainbox Installed In Automatic Transmission SUV. (2638 Views)

Are Manual Cars Faster Than Automatic Transmission Cars? / 5 Things You Should NEVER Do With Automatic Transmission Cars / What Do D1, D2 And D3 Do In Automatic Cars? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Manual Brainbox Installed In Automatic Transmission SUV. by 3kay945(m): 11:07pm On Oct 30, 2017
The vehicle is Rav4 ' 02. Bought naija used last year. I was told by a guy at Ladipo that I have manual brain box installed.

I was Surprise cos I didnt believe such could be possible. But looking at the BrainBox housing, it clearly shows that it's has been tampered with.

I will appreciate if gurus in the house help in determining if actually I have manual or automatic BrainBox.

It's my first car and still a learner. Thanks in advance.

PS. This the number on the BrainBox body

275000-2010 12V
89666-28021
Denso Toyota
Re: Manual Brainbox Installed In Automatic Transmission SUV. by cardoctor(m): 11:17pm On Oct 30, 2017
First of all. Whats wrong with your car?
Re: Manual Brainbox Installed In Automatic Transmission SUV. by 3kay945(m): 11:23pm On Oct 30, 2017
cardoctor:
First of all. Whats wrong with your car?

The temperature meter wasn't working then, the temperature switch was changed, dashboard was changed to no avail. Then the ladipo guy advised I use manual temperature meter cos the BrainBox is manual type.
Re: Manual Brainbox Installed In Automatic Transmission SUV. by cardoctor(m): 6:04am On Oct 31, 2017
3kay945:

The temperature meter wasn't working then, the temperature switch was changed, dashboard was changed to no avail. Then the ladipo guy advised I use manual temperature meter cos the BrainBox is manual type.

Hmmm. You really need to avoid this Ladipo guy like monkey pox. Manual Temperature Meter? Where on earth does that exist?
Re: Manual Brainbox Installed In Automatic Transmission SUV. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:04am On Oct 31, 2017
3kay945:
The vehicle is Rav4 ' 02. Bought naija used last year. I was told by a guy at Ladipo that I have manual brain box installed.

I was Surprise cos I didnt believe such could be possible. But looking at the BrainBox housing, it clearly shows that it's has been tampered with.

I will appreciate if gurus in the house help in determining if actually I have manual or automatic BrainBox.

It's my first car and still a learner. Thanks in advance.

PS. This the number on the BrainBox body

275000-2010 12V
89666-28021
Denso Toyota

your original engine ecu was thrown out because it was about to desroy your tranmsission. Sadly the Original ECU can be fixed in a couple of minutes.

Presently you have a 2az engine ecu, car starts, but temp guage and AC controls do not function. Wires have been by passed to make it work.

To solve your present issues. You will need.

1. Your original engine ecu

2. A new instrument cluster

3. Factory re-wiring on all present connections.

It will cost you almost ~100k or more to get it done right.

Re: Manual Brainbox Installed In Automatic Transmission SUV. by 3kay945(m): 11:05am On Oct 31, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

your original engine ecu was thrown out because it was about to desroy your tranmsission. Sadly the Original ECU can be fixed in a couple of minutes.

Presently you have a 2az engine ecu, car starts, but temp guage and AC controls do not function. Wires have been by passed to make it work.

To solve your present issues. You will need.

1. Your original engine ecu

2. A new instrument cluster

3. Factory re-wiring on all present connections.

It will cost you almost ~100k or more to get it done right.

Thanks Boss,
I appreciate your response. The dude at ladipo did make the temp gauge work.
Apart from the small problem usually cause by the bad road and water I swim grin With the car since May or June, the vehicle has been good.
Inasmuch I didn't touch the A.C which normally drop the Car speed, all has been good.
Re: Manual Brainbox Installed In Automatic Transmission SUV. by Coldplay007(f): 11:09am On Oct 31, 2017
3kay945:

Thanks Boss,
Apart from the small problem usually cause by the bad road and water I swim grin With the car since May or June, the vehicle has been good.
Inasmuch I didn't touch the A.C which normally drop the Car speed, all has been good.
f

LoL.. all is not good. Car that you can't use A.C. A.C 'dropping' car speed. All is definitely all bad.

1 Like

Re: Manual Brainbox Installed In Automatic Transmission SUV. by 3kay945(m): 11:10am On Oct 31, 2017
cardoctor:

Hmmm. You really need to avoid this Ladipo guy like monkey pox. Manual Temperature Meter? Where on earth does that exist?

Bros, what he did worked. If you're vast in Car rewiring stuff I can explain how he did it. grin
Re: Manual Brainbox Installed In Automatic Transmission SUV. by 3kay945(m): 11:12am On Oct 31, 2017
Coldplay007:

LoL.. all is not good. Car that you can't use A.C. A.C 'dropping' car speed. All is definitely all bad.
It's noticeable when am moving slowly, like on bad road.
Re: Manual Brainbox Installed In Automatic Transmission SUV. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:21am On Oct 31, 2017
3kay945:

Thanks Boss,

it will remain at same point when engine is overheating.
Re: Manual Brainbox Installed In Automatic Transmission SUV. by 3kay945(m): 11:52am On Oct 31, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

it will remain at same point when engine is overheating.

Nope! Boss, it worked. Last week Friday the temp gauge rose unusually , I parked to check and discovered the fan wasn't running well as a result of partial contact of its wire. When I retape it firmly the fan run fast and the temp gauge returned to usual spot.
I will be back to explain what he did or call manual temp
Re: Manual Brainbox Installed In Automatic Transmission SUV. by mayor2013: 12:07pm On Oct 31, 2017
Your ride has been turned into a lab rat grin
Re: Manual Brainbox Installed In Automatic Transmission SUV. by RZArecta(m): 1:19pm On Oct 31, 2017
I pity the unfortunate car sad
Re: Manual Brainbox Installed In Automatic Transmission SUV. by 3kay945(m): 2:34pm On Oct 31, 2017
mayor2013:

Will visit you one day for comprehensive scanning. You're the boss at Igando road?
Re: Manual Brainbox Installed In Automatic Transmission SUV. by 3kay945(m): 2:42pm On Oct 31, 2017
mayor2013:

Bought it as a novice, and too much trust on Kazeem that got it for me. cool
Re: Manual Brainbox Installed In Automatic Transmission SUV. by cardoctor(m): 3:51pm On Oct 31, 2017
3kay945:

Bros, what he did worked. If you're vast in Car rewiring stuff I can explain how he did it. grin

That's excellent Mr Rewiring expert. Kinda like a vulture with Guinea Fowl head right?
Re: Manual Brainbox Installed In Automatic Transmission SUV. by mayor2013: 6:11pm On Oct 31, 2017
3kay945:

Will visit you one day for comprehensive scanning. You're the boss at Igando road?

Yes. Akesan bustop
Re: Manual Brainbox Installed In Automatic Transmission SUV. by 3kay945(m): 9:11pm On Oct 31, 2017
cardoctor:

That's excellent Mr Rewiring expert. Kinda like a vulture with Guinea Fowl head right?

cool cheesy
Re: Manual Brainbox Installed In Automatic Transmission SUV. by OPUSDEI1(m): 10:44pm On Oct 31, 2017
@OP, your Rav4 is powered by the ECU of Toyota Estima (Previa).
Due to the factory defect in the default ECU leading to its subsequent high demand, our brothers resorted to the modification of a similarly designed ECU. What you are experiencing now is one of its after effect.
The only way out is taking the advice offered by Gazzuzz.
Re: Manual Brainbox Installed In Automatic Transmission SUV. by 3kay945(m): 3:23am On Nov 01, 2017
OPUSDEI1:
@OP, your Rav4 is powered by the ECU of Toyota Estima (Previa).
Due to the factory defect in the default ECU leading to its subsequent high demand, our brothers resorted to the modification of a similarly designed ECU. What you are experiencing now is one of its after effect.
The only way out is taking the advice offered by Gazzuzz.

Wow! Toyota Previa ? Thanks for the info. Yes, will surely take boss advice next year.

(1) (Reply)

Is It Cursed People That Drives Manual Vehicles? / Help, My Car Steering Wheel Is Hard When I Slow Down / Advice Is Needed Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.