Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,824 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:25 PM

Mass Exit Of Doctors Looms In Lagos Hospitals. - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Mass Exit Of Doctors Looms In Lagos Hospitals. (14406 Views)

Coronavirus: Scarcity Of Protective Tools Hits Lagos Hospitals / A Nigerian Family Of Doctors Based In The US (Photos) / Little Girl Dies Of Ear Infection After 3 Lagos Hospitals Failed To Treat Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mass Exit Of Doctors Looms In Lagos Hospitals. by ATIKUisCOOL(m): 8:01am On Oct 31, 2017
9jakohai:

Hope you will agree when atiku decides to raise health fees to fund hospitals adequately

Why not, with a little govt subsidies and the political will,he'd reform the healthcare system.
Re: Mass Exit Of Doctors Looms In Lagos Hospitals. by Nobody: 8:04am On Oct 31, 2017
ATIKUisCOOL:

Why not, with a little govt subsidies and the political will,he'd reform the healthcare system.

I mean that he completely removed the subsidies.

Healthcare in Nigeria needs funding as high as 3 trillion (,my estimate) per annum
Re: Mass Exit Of Doctors Looms In Lagos Hospitals. by lollmaolol(m): 8:06am On Oct 31, 2017
jbreezy:
yu mean a female doctor??

I am not saying anything close to that Jbreezy go back to sleep.
Re: Mass Exit Of Doctors Looms In Lagos Hospitals. by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 31, 2017
9jakohai:

And it is on Nairaland you will advertise it?

Smh

Pls sir ... Do you have a better suggestion for me.. Pls any ideas
Re: Mass Exit Of Doctors Looms In Lagos Hospitals. by ATIKUisCOOL(m): 8:07am On Oct 31, 2017
9jakohai:

I mean that he completely removed the subsidies.

Healthcare in Nigeria needs funding as high as 3 trillion (,my estimate) per annum

If govts subsidies Fuel. Education and agric,why not the healthcare?
Re: Mass Exit Of Doctors Looms In Lagos Hospitals. by amodu(m): 8:08am On Oct 31, 2017
This is wickedness on the part of the government. This is a sensitive profession and the professionals shouldn't be deprive the chance to update their knowledge base.
Re: Mass Exit Of Doctors Looms In Lagos Hospitals. by Nobody: 8:08am On Oct 31, 2017
ATIKUisCOOL:

If govts subsidies Fuel. Education and agric,why not the healthcare?

All those subsidies must go, including the current one on healthcare.

They don't make any economic sense
Re: Mass Exit Of Doctors Looms In Lagos Hospitals. by ATIKUisCOOL(m): 8:26am On Oct 31, 2017
9jakohai:

All those subsidies must go, including the current one on healthcare.

They don't make any economic sense

Well let's see how it goes,atleast but it will be implemented by phases.No matter the effect of subsidies on economy,any outright subsidies removal will be hurtful. And you know this is politics.
Re: Mass Exit Of Doctors Looms In Lagos Hospitals. by Fourwinds: 8:28am On Oct 31, 2017
it shall come to pass when.......
Re: Mass Exit Of Doctors Looms In Lagos Hospitals. by bigpicture001: 8:28am On Oct 31, 2017
doctors are just too greedy for my liking...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Exit Of Doctors Looms In Lagos Hospitals. by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 31, 2017
The exit isn't just from Lagos, its from other states and the country st large, because the problems mentioned is applicable to all.
The poster above me though, he has blinded his eyes to the big picture,sounds like one of those denied entry into the medical school or withdrawn from medical school, he is johesu.

3 Likes

Re: Mass Exit Of Doctors Looms In Lagos Hospitals. by lanxebony(m): 8:56am On Oct 31, 2017
Drs are the most stupid team mate in the health industry, they want to dominate everything, even when other health professionals want something they go against it. Are they the only denied stuffs, fine it's not working instead they should collaborate with others they will be back stabning them.
Demigods of the health care

1 Like

Re: Mass Exit Of Doctors Looms In Lagos Hospitals. by cstr1000: 9:04am On Oct 31, 2017
This is a state that claims to have an IGR the size of California. Can't even pay doctors well.
They should all move to anambra. They need more doctors and the CONMESS salary scale is being adhered to there and promptly too.
Re: Mass Exit Of Doctors Looms In Lagos Hospitals. by jaychubi: 10:08am On Oct 31, 2017
They will all be replaced by those willing to work. The idiotic doctors can leave already angry angry angry
Adjusted CONMESS by foot. Can they treat hunger BC dts our major problem in Nigeria nw. Every day salary this salary dt. Doctors dt come to work 11am and go by 3pm few times per week
Re: Mass Exit Of Doctors Looms In Lagos Hospitals. by AZeD1(m): 12:08pm On Oct 31, 2017
Why are Nigerian doctors bothered about how much pharmacist and nurses are earning?
Re: Mass Exit Of Doctors Looms In Lagos Hospitals. by Miral123(m): 1:03pm On Oct 31, 2017
Show how good you are at expressing yourself through words and win N100,000 only.

Visit www.miralpharm.com/essay for details

Re: Mass Exit Of Doctors Looms In Lagos Hospitals. by GOFON(m): 2:43pm On Oct 31, 2017
Damiriel:

Pls sir ... Do you have a better suggestion for me.. Pls any ideas

You are doing well.
Re: Mass Exit Of Doctors Looms In Lagos Hospitals. by Cromagnon: 3:12pm On Oct 31, 2017
lollmaolol:
All the MBBS graduate I know personally have left the country. So this news is actually not new.

Until we learn to treat employees as human being with commensurate salary; regular training and retraining; good medical equipment and facilities; before our doctors can decide if they will stay back.
with which money. Economy is fvcked since 1960
Re: Mass Exit Of Doctors Looms In Lagos Hospitals. by lollmaolol(m): 4:13pm On Oct 31, 2017
Cromagnon:
with which money. Economy is fvcked since 1960

If the foundation be destroyed....
Re: Mass Exit Of Doctors Looms In Lagos Hospitals. by Raymeskey: 2:00pm On Mar 05, 2020
I love this news

This is the kind of news I love most.

There are made in Nigeria Pharmaceutical products lets patronize them.

Let our Pharmacist leave the Pharmacy Stores and do their main Job by producing drugs.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christians In Bauchi Reject COVID-19 Vaccines - Governor Bala Mohammed / Medical Consultants, Senior Doctors Cry Out Over Decay In UBTH Equipment (pics) / Very Graphic: What Is This Growth In My Anus? (doctors Help)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.