Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

Should We Shut Every Other Person Out While In A Relationship? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should We Shut Every Other Person Out While In A Relationship? (2256 Views)

As A Guy Have You Experienced This In A Relationship? / Has Any Other Person Ever Prayed To Sleep And To Never Wake Again? [SOFT DEATH] / Any Other Person Experiencing This ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should We Shut Every Other Person Out While In A Relationship? by makydebbie(f): 5:23pm On Oct 31, 2017
Laveda:

Lol. Okay ma'am
I've closed dear, but if i start to talk the thing wey dey my mind for this thread. grin

Lol, my dear like I said it depends on what the individual's "shutting" is. If it's a lady now, and she starts giving numbers and doesn't define their friendship from the beginning, there'll be issues.

And if she starts doing male besties.... lipsrsealed grin cheesy lipsrsealed
Re: Should We Shut Every Other Person Out While In A Relationship? by Laveda(f): 5:25pm On Oct 31, 2017
Papiikush:

Men have control over their emotions. Women don't...

Trust me love, you don't wanna have this conversation tongue

So you see women as weaklings who can't be in control of their emotions? smiley

Now tell me, why do you think a woman will be easily swayed, guys are even more prone to cheat than women. undecided Since you want it that way, your woman should do what you do too.
Re: Should We Shut Every Other Person Out While In A Relationship? by pocohantas(f): 5:25pm On Oct 31, 2017
Because I am dating one Nigerian guy, I shouldn't have any other male friend? I will give my number if I think the guy is responsible, but I will spell it out to you that I won't or can't date you.

If it's a guy I see as a potential, I won't even give the number at all. I wouldn't want that "proximity".

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should We Shut Every Other Person Out While In A Relationship? by Papiikush: 5:29pm On Oct 31, 2017
Laveda:

So you see women as weaklings who can't be in control of their emotions? smiley

Now tell me, why do you think a woman will be easily swayed, guys are even more prone to cheat than women. undecided Since you want it that way, your woman should do what you do too.

I don't see women as weakings, women are emotionally disastrous.

Lol... Don't generalize, gentlemen don't cheat tongue
Re: Should We Shut Every Other Person Out While In A Relationship? by makydebbie(f): 5:30pm On Oct 31, 2017
Laveda:

What if she has no intention of doing anything with him? Mind you, it swings both ways. Like if you don't want her getting new contacts, you too shouldn't.

So, deal?
Aunty lavvy, the truth is they always have no intention, but shii happens. Especially when you friendzoned the guy against his wish.
Re: Should We Shut Every Other Person Out While In A Relationship? by Sammy07: 5:34pm On Oct 31, 2017
Well as for me..

I don't see it as a big deal in ladies giving out numbers..
Who knows where help might come from.. But if both parties are too close, then it might leads to grin grin grin grin........ Stories that touch the heart..

As for guys, hmmmmmm, it's common for guys to have easy emotions when you see a babe, who fine...

It's not necessary for guys to shut down their relationship every other person in relationships..

But I'll say, don't let your emotions control you, control your emotions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should We Shut Every Other Person Out While In A Relationship? by Laveda(f): 5:38pm On Oct 31, 2017
makydebbie:
I've closed dear, but if i start to talk the thing wey dey my mind for this thread. grin

Lol, my dear like I said it depends on what the individual's "shutting" is. If it's a lady now, and she starts giving numbers and doesn't define their friendship from the beginning, there'll be issues.

And if she starts doing male besties.... lipsrsealed grin cheesy lipsrsealed

Some define the whole thing, tell the guy she's dating, but he'll keep hitting on her.
Re: Should We Shut Every Other Person Out While In A Relationship? by Laveda(f): 5:39pm On Oct 31, 2017
Papiikush:

I don't see women as weakings, women are emotionally disastrous.

Lol... Don't generalize, gentlemen don't cheat tongue
Double standard!

Lol. Gentlemen? The word is 'good guys'
Re: Should We Shut Every Other Person Out While In A Relationship? by Laveda(f): 5:42pm On Oct 31, 2017
Mutuwa:

Can you keep putting on one shirt for a long time?
Of course not.It is an attitude in most creation to sample and keep an extra for rainy days.Though not all persons do keep to multiple dating,but in modern time unlike before,the value in companionship had been long buried.
So the fear of the unknown saturates almost every mind of a couple,and that loud voice that keeps telling one to sample other guys/girls just to satisfy an innate urge of "yes I can get whosoever I want"

Lol. Okay I get it now, and for most women its the fear of the guy leaving her for another woman.
Re: Should We Shut Every Other Person Out While In A Relationship? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Oct 31, 2017
makydebbie:

It depends on the kind of "shutting out" tho.
is Shuttin Out Difficult For You To Comprehend? Which Other Kind Of Shutin Out
Re: Should We Shut Every Other Person Out While In A Relationship? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 31, 2017
Laveda:

So you're saying we should shut every other person out then?
since I Wouldnt Like My Girl To Still Be Open to Other Guys while With Me, i Would Say Shut Them Out
Re: Should We Shut Every Other Person Out While In A Relationship? by Blackhawk01: 5:49pm On Oct 31, 2017
Shuttle nii undecided

There's no way I'm trying that with this fluctuating Naija guys except I'm your "Mrs". smiley
Re: Should We Shut Every Other Person Out While In A Relationship? by Mutuwa(m): 5:50pm On Oct 31, 2017
Laveda:

Lol. Okay I get it now, and for most women its the fear of the guy leaving her for another woman.

Ah ha that's just part of the reality.
but generally like I mentioned,humanity had lost value in friendship ,relationship,companionship and every SHIP that is supposed to take intending couples to the shores of firm togetherness and commitment
There may have been trust back then , but now... undecided even a mouse keeps more than one hole.
Re: Should We Shut Every Other Person Out While In A Relationship? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Oct 31, 2017
Shutters nih. undecided
Being in a relationship doesn't mean my social life has to suffer. I think it's only insecurity that would make your partner ask you to shut others out because you are dating.

If it's marriage,it's another thing though.
Re: Should We Shut Every Other Person Out While In A Relationship? by Papiikush: 5:53pm On Oct 31, 2017
Laveda:
Double standard!

Lol. Gentlemen? The word is 'good guys'

Yes, gentlemen tongue

And off the records, any lady practicing this shìt have got tendencies of being a Hoe.

1 Like

Re: Should We Shut Every Other Person Out While In A Relationship? by Laveda(f): 5:53pm On Oct 31, 2017
DeadRat:
since I Wouldnt Like My Girl To Still Be Open to Other Guys while With Me, i Would Say Shut Them Out

cool And make sure you stick to your words of loving her too.
Re: Should We Shut Every Other Person Out While In A Relationship? by Laveda(f): 5:54pm On Oct 31, 2017
Papiikush:

Yes, gentlemen tongue

And off the records, any lady practicing this shìt have got tendencies of being a Hoe.

And the guys? What do we call them? smiley Dogs? _Mansluts?
Re: Should We Shut Every Other Person Out While In A Relationship? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Oct 31, 2017
Laveda:

Wolves. grin grin
Re: Should We Shut Every Other Person Out While In A Relationship? by Laveda(f): 5:59pm On Oct 31, 2017
Lawlahdey:
Shutters nih. undecided
Being in a relationship doesn't mean my social life has to suffer. I think it's only insecurity that would make your partner ask you to shut others out because you are dating.

Lol. Will you also be comfortable with him not shutting his social life? And also running after new girls? smiley
Re: Should We Shut Every Other Person Out While In A Relationship? by yomi007k(m): 6:00pm On Oct 31, 2017
Laveda:

So you're saying we should shut every other person out then?

Yes....
Re: Should We Shut Every Other Person Out While In A Relationship? by Laveda(f): 6:00pm On Oct 31, 2017
Lawlahdey:
Wolves. grin grin

You see ba? Men with double standard, he's comfortable with him doing it, but the girls who does same? They are tagged 'hoes'
Re: Should We Shut Every Other Person Out While In A Relationship? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 31, 2017
Laveda:

Lol. Will you also be comfortable with him not shutting his social life? And also running after new girls? smiley
Yes, but to a limit. And vice-versa.

Okay, on second thought...partial shutting is allowed.
Re: Should We Shut Every Other Person Out While In A Relationship? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 31, 2017
Laveda:

You see ba? Men with double standard, he's comfortable with him doing it, but the girls who does same? They are tagged 'hoes'
I know right? The society is always against the female child.

Papiikush, wehdone sir. undecided
Re: Should We Shut Every Other Person Out While In A Relationship? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 31, 2017
Laveda:

cool And make sure you stick to your words of loving her too.
i Wouldnt Be In The Relationship If I Didnt Love Her
Re: Should We Shut Every Other Person Out While In A Relationship? by lonikit: 6:10pm On Oct 31, 2017
darkmarky:
I don't think its cheating.. I used to have that mentality that if I have a girlfriend then I don't need to have any other female friends but I was wrong.

Its ok to give out numbers but not forgetting the fact that you are in a functional relationship and also make it clear to those who try to encroach that let's just stay as friends.

dude u funny die. attention giving starts from the day u gav out number. don't forget that the new person will do everytin to get ur attention. he buys u dis and dat which the other guy may not be doin regularly due to the fact that u av spent much time together in the rlship. bfor u knw it the lady will be lookin for the flaws of the old guy bcus she will be considering the new guy. little tin she start nagging which may finally resolve to breakup. lobatan oo.

Yoruba says: ikan Toba ni je, ma fi runmu.
Re: Should We Shut Every Other Person Out While In A Relationship? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 31, 2017
Lawlahdey:
Shutters nih. undecided

maybe There Should Be A Clause... Having Make Friends Is Okay cause I Got Alot Of Female Friends But Flirtin or Havin So Called Back Up is So Wrong. Shut Them Out
Re: Should We Shut Every Other Person Out While In A Relationship? by deafeyez: 6:22pm On Oct 31, 2017
darkmarky:
But the reason why people shut others out is not because they just wana shut them out, most of the time, its because they have an insecure partner who isn't understanding enough to realise that people can actually be friends with each other without any strings attached.

The more reason why one should try to know the kind of partner he or she is saying yes to so that you won't be caged emotionally

U talk well o. But if u too leave woman like that, person go do u something o.
Re: Should We Shut Every Other Person Out While In A Relationship? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 31, 2017
I've got more female friends than male ones.........hell the odds are like 80-20 and i dont plan to stop being friends with more ladies even when i'm in a relationship

if my bae cant accept that and not feel insecure then shes OHO............ cool cool

it shouldnt be same for ladies though tongue lipsrsealed
Re: Should We Shut Every Other Person Out While In A Relationship? by makydebbie(f): 6:31pm On Oct 31, 2017
Laveda:

Some define the whole thing, tell the guy she's dating, but he'll keep hitting on her.
Then he'll take the "Friendship" tag. And wait for the right moment to strike.
Re: Should We Shut Every Other Person Out While In A Relationship? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Oct 31, 2017
DeadRat:
maybe There Should Be A Clause... Having Make Friends Is Okay cause I Got Alot Of Female Friends But Flirtin or Havin So Called Back Up is So Wrong. Shut Them Out
Okay. Cool.
Re: Should We Shut Every Other Person Out While In A Relationship? by Papiikush: 6:34pm On Oct 31, 2017
Laveda:

Brostitute grin
Re: Should We Shut Every Other Person Out While In A Relationship? by Papiikush: 6:35pm On Oct 31, 2017
Lawlahdey:
I know right? The society is always against the female child.

Papikush, wehdone sir. undecided

Duh! tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Couple Prepares Meal In The Kitchen In Pre-wedding Photos / What Would You Do In This Case? See What She Told Me (photo) / I'm Ending The Relationship Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.