Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? (12751 Views)

Herbert Wigwe Surviving Children Show Strength At Funeral For Parents (photo) / I Cant Believe I Am Surviving With POS / Tesla Coming To Nigeria, The End Of Electricity Problem, Welcome Elon Musk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 31, 2017
Is there anybody, noticing this except me. I'm 22. I know I m young. I have 3 shops. So I decided to use one for betting. And I forgot that it needs constant electricity. I bought fuel of 4k the first time and it last only 4 days. I almost ran mad. My profit from the betting shop was so poor. I knew I was already making money for the betting company.

I had to fuel my tank, buy data to browse, and thermal paper rolls. At the end of the week the betting company give me crap. I'm so disappointed that I had to spend 5600,naira every week to buy fuel.

We only have Nepa light or eedc at night. From 9pm. Making it so impossible to survive. I have to pay eswama, pay Enugu North etc. And yet nothing. I pay for shop, and the betting company pay me peanuts. Though I'm quitting them already.

But. Later Nepa or eedc will bring 100k to us and tell us to pay, for light we don't use only at night from 9pm. Men this country is bleeped. When the wicked rule the masses suffer. Fuel is 145 against 60 naira or 87 on Jonathan. And no light. And nobody is saying anything. No p

Please share ur experience on how u survive with lack of electricity and high fuel costs. Save some life

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by 9jvirgin(m): 9:04pm On Oct 31, 2017
This is just an example of the pain Nigerians go through everyday. I and a friend watched the CNN series of "Anthony Bourdain in Lagos" 2 weeks ago and after the programme, she asked me; Why don't the government provide for the people? I was speechless for an hour and did not know where to start from.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by TEYA: 9:05pm On Oct 31, 2017

1 Like

Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by FitnessDoctor: 9:05pm On Oct 31, 2017
Simply, plannin before hand. The light was not so good and I knew I would have to spend a lot on fuel so I didn't rush into the business. I had many options. I could get an inverter to keep the power supply within my reach and also get a prepaid (recharge card meter) to keep these BEDC men away.

It has not been easy but the early planning really helped me. Now, things are better and the light stays longer even up to 6 hours (from 12pm - 6 pm)

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 9:06pm On Oct 31, 2017
angry Business? Good thing about rearing cows is you don't need any electricity. I don't need electricity for my business OP.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by kay29000(m): 9:06pm On Oct 31, 2017
100K bill? That is too much.

My business is strictly online, and my laptop battery is strong, so I buy 1k fuel at the beginning of the week, and by weekend, I buy 500 Naira fuel extra...that's all. 1K5 fuel for the week. And I switch on the gen at least 5 hours daily. Please note that I use that small blue Gen (I Better Pass My Neighbor).

11 Likes

Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by coolhamid(m): 9:06pm On Oct 31, 2017
Seriously this op is damn funny. So you spent #5600 on fuel weekly and you are complaining. If i should tell you how much i dey burn on fuel weekly, you go pity my condition. Bro, you know what i did? I had to look for another accomodation where i can be getting atleast 8hours power supply daily.

Forget this country, it's a failed nation.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by Amberon11: 9:06pm On Oct 31, 2017
Its easy, start a business that is not electricity dependent.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by wunmi590(m): 9:06pm On Oct 31, 2017
OP, I honestly feel your pains.

I have a street younger brother who is a confirmed cobbler, very good at what he does, so one day he was discussing with me that he needed to go to the university so as to upgrade his status.

I adviced him of his decision, to go back and further more, but never to leave his hand work.

But, he made a revelation on how PHCN has been treating him, which has made him lost alot of jobs.

This country is just shi.t, you go to school no work when you finish, and those who even have hand work, they are not working due to light issue.

My fiancée who is a zoologist come fashionister have been finding it very hard to use some machine that uses light, sometimes she has to resort to the manual machines.

God would help us in this country.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by Edoi(m): 9:06pm On Oct 31, 2017
L
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by Nevee: 9:07pm On Oct 31, 2017
It's simple! Fuel the gen and pass the cost to the consumers. That largely explains the surge in commodity prices recently. Cost of production has been on the high side.

6 Likes

Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by TechPanda(m): 9:07pm On Oct 31, 2017
light these days in Warri have been impressive, but its either am missing out or its of no use to me

cos BEDC came to cut our light about 6 months back. Till now, we're waiting for them to comman connect it by theirself. The bill they gave us is outragious undecided

Nepa!

They just brought light now now, infact lemme go and plug my laptop in neighbour's house grin , hustle must continue.

I'd be back

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by IBreakRules: 9:08pm On Oct 31, 2017
starting a business in Naija is a huge task considering factors like this

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by eleojo23: 9:09pm On Oct 31, 2017
As long as Nigeria's electricity issues persist, inverters are the best option.

If you have the money and you can get an honest installer who would use good batteries and panels (if solar) then you are good to go.
Although the bigger your energy requirements, the more batteries and inverter capacity you will need which translates to more installation cost.

But on the long run, it is worth it if you manage the system well.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by mrphysics(m): 9:09pm On Oct 31, 2017
I thought you were Sharing your experience until you went political. Kindly bring GEJ back then we continue

7 Likes

Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by sirxbit(m): 9:09pm On Oct 31, 2017
Amberon11:
Its easy, start a business that is not electricity dependent.
Which better business non need electricity?
Abeg tell me

1 Like

Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Oct 31, 2017
I work online. I'm a freelancer and sometimes I would have a job to deliver quickly and no light to charge laptop. it's so frustrating. this country won't kill someone.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by sureheaven(m): 9:09pm On Oct 31, 2017
The money used in buying petrol and diesel is killing.
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by kellsnazzy(m): 9:10pm On Oct 31, 2017
There's no light in my area here in Aba, many service transformers around faulks road are downed by vandals since 2months and they're saying nothing about it

1 Like

Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by sotall(m): 9:10pm On Oct 31, 2017
OK
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by chelsea1116(m): 9:11pm On Oct 31, 2017
I wldnt knw my guy cos wia I am...I m scared smtn is rili wrong cos dis days notin good coms 2 naija..wia I stay we hv approximately 20hrs of power in a day...I m rili njoyn it o bt I m scared..abeg mk una no tlk on dis too mch b4 bu bu effect wil fall on my light.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by Saverin: 9:12pm On Oct 31, 2017
Meanwhile in Germany, power companies are paying people to use electricity.

4 Likes

Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by Nbote(m): 9:12pm On Oct 31, 2017
D same way Nigerians have always survived... Dats y d cost of doing business in dis country is hell.. But yet we only hear of improved power in d news while we know d only thing dat has improved is d speed with which dey bring d next bill
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by nairavsdollars(f): 9:13pm On Oct 31, 2017
Na generator ooo
If I see Fashola and I don't flog him, call me mugun

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by chily11: 9:15pm On Oct 31, 2017
[quote author=kay29000 post=61954007]100K bill? That is too much.

My business is strictly online, and my laptop battery is strong, so I buy 1k fuel at the beginning of the week, and by weekend, I buy 500 Naira fuel extra...that's all. 1K5 fuel for the week. And I switch on the gen at least 5 hours daily. Please note that I use that small blue Gen (I Better Pass My Neighbor).[/qute] What's the nature of your business, lemme drag my mind back from were it is going.

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by chily11: 9:17pm On Oct 31, 2017
nairavsdollars:
Na generator ooo
If I see Fashola and I don't flog him, call me mugun
lol
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by kay29000(m): 9:17pm On Oct 31, 2017
[quote author=chily11 post=61954283][/quote]

I write and sell books on Amazon.com
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by chily11: 9:18pm On Oct 31, 2017
kay29000:

I write and sell books on Amazon.com
thats good. Now my mind is here with me.

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by shallysgirl: 9:20pm On Oct 31, 2017
Why not try solar, or check out mtn luminous....
CHESTER48:
Is there anybody, noticing this except me. I'm 22. I know I m young. I have 3 shops. So I decided to use one for betting. And I forgot that it needs constant electricity. I bought fuel of 4k the first time and it last only 4 days. I almost ran mad. My profit from the betting shop was so poor. I knew I was already making money for the betting company.

I had to fuel my tank, buy data to browse, and thermal paper rolls. At the end of the week the betting company give me crap. I'm so disappointed that I had to spend 5600,naira every week to buy fuel.

We only have Nepa light or eedc at night. From 9pm. Making it so impossible to survive. I have to pay eswama, pay Enugu North etc. And yet nothing. I pay for shop, and the betting company pay me peanuts. Though I'm quitting them already.

But. Later Nepa or eedc will bring 100k to us and tell us to pay, for light we don't use only at night from 9pm. Men this country is bleeped. When the wicked rule the masses suffer. Fuel is 145 against 60 naira or 87 on Jonathan. And no light. And nobody is saying anything. No p

Please share ur experience on how u survive with lack of electricity and high fuel costs. Save some life

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by marisdgreat(f): 9:20pm On Oct 31, 2017
chelsea1116:
I wldnt knw my guy cos wia I am...I m scared smtn is rili wrong cos dis days notin good coms 2 naija..wia I stay we hv approximately 20hrs of power in a day...I m rili njoyn it o bt I m scared..abeg mk una no tlk on dis too mch b4 bu bu effect wil fall on my light.
maybe na ugwuaji or monaque side u dey stay
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by kay29000(m): 9:20pm On Oct 31, 2017
chily11:
thats good. Now my mind is here with me.

lol!
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by pxjosh(m): 9:23pm On Oct 31, 2017
jamariwolf:
I work online. I'm a freelancer and sometimes I would have a job to deliver quickly and no light to charge laptop. it's so frustrating. this country won't kill someone.
Same with me. Sometimes I have to quickly revise an order, but cos there's no light I have to wait till eternity. I wouldn't think twice about leaving this country once a slight opportunity presents itself.

We're damn suffering here. Both power and data

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Starting A Radio Or TV Station? / TIG Treasure Resources: Any One Who Can Advise Me On Them? / CBN Probes Questionable Bank Transactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.