Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,014 members, 7,803,376 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

OAU Pre Degree 2017/2018 Admission Thread - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Pre Degree 2017/2018 Admission Thread (17934 Views)

OAU Pre Degree 2018/2019 Admission Discussion Thread / OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY 2017/2018 Aspirants And Admission Thread. / Futminna Announces Screening Details For 2017/2018 Admission Exercise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU Pre Degree 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Starkid3010(m): 8:34pm On Nov 15, 2017
All in all PD is fun and you will get use to it, thats why people normally do better in 2nd contact. Also don't play with your 1st contact results be serious from the get go. Good luck [/quote] thanks bro
but am in confusion now cos i did oau putme and i got 61.6 am afraid dey would not give me my course
after dat i did my entrance and i gt 65 and i av been admitted
what is now baffling me now is dat should i go to pd or university
and d funniest part is dat i av two chances for both
*in uni i can do change of course(i knw it is nt easy) and i can apply for jamb2018
*in pd i can use final result or putme and it is necessary to collect jamb form
but i tink wen i get to university i would not be able to focus on reading for jamb again
am just totally confuse
but i think i can do well if i go to pd
please i need ur advice
SHOULD I GO TO UNIVERSITY OR PD
Re: OAU Pre Degree 2017/2018 Admission Thread by muhammadmuqtar(m): 8:49pm On Nov 15, 2017
Starkid3010:

All in all PD is fun and you will get use to it, thats why people normally do better in 2nd contact. Also don't play with your 1st contact results be serious from the get go. Good luck thanks bro
but am in confusion now cos i did oau putme and i got 61.6 am afraid dey would not give me my course
after dat i did my entrance and i gt 65 and i av been admitted
what is now baffling me now is dat should i go to pd or university
and d funniest part is dat i av two chances for both
*in uni i can do change of course(i knw it is nt easy) and i can apply for jamb2018
*in pd i can use final result or putme and it is necessary to collect jamb form
but i tink wen i get to university i would not be able to focus on reading for jamb again
am just totally confuse
but i think i can do well if i go to pd
please i need ur advice
SHOULD I GO TO UNIVERSITY OR PD

Go for PD if you don't want to take just any course. Mind you, you have to be more than serious with the PD
Re: OAU Pre Degree 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Elektra1177(f): 8:58pm On Nov 15, 2017
muhammadmuqtar:
Good afternoon!
I have read through the thread and i can sense 'fear' in the heart of many aspirants. hence,i write to clarify things.
Pre-degree is not a SCAM as said and at the same time not a platform that guarantee 100% admission to someone who is not ready to devote his time for study.
I must, at this point in time, state clearly that predegree is an advanced tutorial and a path to enter university for serious minded candidates. My colleague with 81.5% should be commended! its a great work. I must tell you that if it were to be in the past,that guarantee a good course but not now when jamb result and olevel is a necessity in admission. It means you must perform excellently in jamb and have brilliant score in predegree.
The modality being used now is: 50% for jamb, 40% for predegree and 10% for olevel.
As for my friend who has not been recommended for admission,even with that score, lets believe things will work out well.
PERSISTENCE HELP LINE
+2347039283386(whatsapp)
Thanks a lot for that. I'm an intending bcpite and I'm kinda clueless on the right textbooks to take along for physics, chemistry and biology. Any help?
Re: OAU Pre Degree 2017/2018 Admission Thread by ZUBzero18(m): 9:35pm On Nov 15, 2017
We

1 Like

Re: OAU Pre Degree 2017/2018 Admission Thread by muhammadmuqtar(m): 9:52pm On Nov 15, 2017
Elektra1177:

Thanks a lot for that. I'm an intending bcpite and I'm kinda clueless on the right textbooks to take along for physics, chemistry and biology. Any help?

Textbooks depend on your choice, those you can assimilate well because all texts are good not all are useful at a time.
You can consider newschools, lamlads.

I used fundamental of physical chemistry, comprehensive certificate physics and biology and etc. These books might be boring tho
Re: OAU Pre Degree 2017/2018 Admission Thread by muhammadmuqtar(m): 9:54pm On Nov 15, 2017
ZUBzero18:
I guessed some guys misquoted meWhen I said it is kinda a scam...I didn't really said it was..With the 50-40-10 mode of calculating the score, I can say most predites that I met personally were outraged at the principle...Although it ought to favor someone like me, to others I think they are annoyed with Pre degree score being tagged at 40% and they believed that they are not getting the worth of their money....Ain't discouraging anybody from undergoing the program, it was a wonderful experience...Alfa Muqtar, I sight you ooo...

baba nla na you ohhhh
How I wish you could just unveil your identity to me ohhh.. ..im sure I must have missed you too
Re: OAU Pre Degree 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Starkid3010(m): 5:25am On Nov 16, 2017
muhammadmuqtar:

Go for PD if you don't want to take just any course. Mind you, you have to be more than serious with the PD
oh really appreciate
pls when will dey even release our admission lists
Re: OAU Pre Degree 2017/2018 Admission Thread by muhammadmuqtar(m): 6:53am On Nov 16, 2017
Starkid3010:

oh really appreciate
pls when will dey even release our admission lists

You mean OAU or predegree
Re: OAU Pre Degree 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Starkid3010(m): 7:28am On Nov 16, 2017
muhammadmuqtar:

You mean OAU or predegree
oau cos i dnt tink d pd is sure again imagine using 40% is even dsame with putme so wat is now d essence of goin to pd is lyk smbody just wants to waste is money goin to tutorial for 9months is even better dat would train sm1 for jamb and putme cos i tink jamb is d main subordinate nowa

1 Like

Re: OAU Pre Degree 2017/2018 Admission Thread by muhammadmuqtar(m): 8:08am On Nov 16, 2017
Starkid3010:
oau
cos i dnt tink d pd is sure again
imagine using 40%
is even dsame with putme
so wat is now d essence of goin to pd
is lyk smbody just wants to waste is money
goin to tutorial for 9months is even better
dat would train sm1 for jamb and putme
cos i tink jamb is d main subordinate nowa

Well, you might be right.
But remember that you have a better chance in PD
Re: OAU Pre Degree 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Starkid3010(m): 8:47am On Nov 16, 2017
muhammadmuqtar:

Well, you might be right.
But remember that you have a better chance in PD
yea sm1 has a better chance in pd b4 but not NOW
because it is equivalent to putme
b4 i thought dey normally used pd final result wit ur jamb pass mark wic is 200
wic means dat if sm1 passes is pd final exam and score like 200 in jamb he/s is qualified
but now if sm1 pas pd exam and gt and average result in jamb dey may deny him/h admission
so u and i can see dat nobody has a better chance doing pd again
it is better i use my pd money to buy textbooks and start reading
NOW
but when they released adm list i may think twice
but what i want us to know is dat their is no better chance in doing pd atall
Re: OAU Pre Degree 2017/2018 Admission Thread by muhammadmuqtar(m): 9:43am On Nov 16, 2017
Starkid3010:

yea sm1 has a better chance in pd b4 but not NOW
because it is equivalent to putme
b4 i thought dey normally used pd final result wit ur jamb pass mark wic is 200
wic means dat if sm1 passes is pd final exam and score like 200 in jamb he/s is qualified
but now if sm1 pas pd exam and gt and average result in jamb dey may deny him/h admission
so u and i can see dat nobody has a better chance doing pd again
it is better i use my pd money to buy textbooks and start reading
NOW
but when they released adm list i may think twice
but what i want us to know is dat their is no better chance in doing pd atall

smiles
hope you know that a utme candidate with 1mark below cut off might not be offered admission at all? How sure are we that post utme will be nice?? hmmm,i have my reason tho! bro,exams can be funny,it can bring intelligent student down to his knees.

Your explanation is ok. but predegree is never a waste even if u dont secure admission through it.
Re: OAU Pre Degree 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Starkid3010(m): 9:59am On Nov 16, 2017
muhammadmuqtar:

smiles
hope you know that a utme candidate with 1mark below cut off might not be offered admission at all? How sure are we that post utme will be nice?? hmmm,i have my reason tho! bro,exams can be funny,it can bring intelligent student down to his knees.

Your explanation is ok. but predegree is never a waste even if u dont secure admission through it.
bro when will they even release admission list
but i think u are right cos u called them scammer
yes they are big endtime fraudsters
imagine using different amount of money to do dsame thing
next thing 4 me nw is to work on my jamb heavily
and bro wat is ur course
Re: OAU Pre Degree 2017/2018 Admission Thread by ZUBzero18(m): 11:20am On Nov 16, 2017
[quote author=Starkid3010 post=62425661]bro when will they even release admission list
and bro wat is ur
Re: OAU Pre Degree 2017/2018 Admission Thread by muhammadmuqtar(m): 11:29am On Nov 16, 2017
Starkid3010:
bro when will they even release admission list
and bro wat is ur course

I didnt call them scammer.

Admission lists are already being attended to on CAPS. So far, Accounting, Agric Econs, Economics Edu, Yoruba Etc Have been approved on CAPS. If you have recommended as your status already,you are half-way in.

my course??
that aside for now.
Re: OAU Pre Degree 2017/2018 Admission Thread by muhammadmuqtar(m): 11:31am On Nov 16, 2017
ZUBzero18:

Seriously Bro..I can see that you are hella frustrated right now...But seriously Pre degree gives you a better edge over Jambites...Better lessons, better textbooks, better teachers and even colleagues to put you through....Once you have above 60% in pre degree and 200 in Jamb you are in for any course...But imagine, to have 80 in pre degree is hella easy for you to have and it's going to be converted to 40% in the end than undergoing the normal post utme which is like hell..I just gave you my one cent bro..Pre degree ain't a waste in the end...

thumbs up bro.
exactly.
Re: OAU Pre Degree 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Starkid3010(m): 11:53am On Nov 16, 2017
.Better lessons, better textbooks, better teachers and even colleagues to put you through....Once you have above 60% in pre degree and 200 in Jamb you are in for any course...But imagine, to have 80 in pre degree is hella easy for you to have and it's going to be converted to 40% in the end than undergoing the normal post utme which is like hell..I just gave you my one cent bro..Pre degree ain't a waste in the end...[/quote] yea u are right to pass pd is very easy cos dey set wat u av been taught
why putme normally set hell questions
but their system hav changed now
imagine i got 80% converted to 40=32
my jamb 270 converted to 50=33.75 and my waec 6.8
then add it together =72.8 and cutoff mark is 76% will they consider me??
what am trying to say is dat jamb is d main subordinate to get admitted dis days
wat dey did was unfair pd suppose to carry atleast 50%
but what i know is dat if sm1 passes pd exam and score upto 80% dey suppose to consider him/h for any course he/s chosed
Re: OAU Pre Degree 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Starkid3010(m): 12:02pm On Nov 16, 2017
muhammadmuqtar:

I didnt call them scammer.

Admission lists are already being attended to on CAPS. So far, Accounting, Agric Econs, Economics Edu, Yoruba Etc Have been approved on CAPS. If you have recommended as your status already,you are half-way in.

my course??
that aside for now.
what of health sciences
my own just dey show WELCOME since
Re: OAU Pre Degree 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Sultan5(m): 2:05pm On Nov 16, 2017
Starkid3010:
.Better lessons, better textbooks, better teachers and even colleagues to put you through....Once you have above 60% in pre degree and 200 in Jamb you are in for any course...But imagine, to have 80 in pre degree is hella easy for you to have and it's going to be converted to 40% in the end than undergoing the normal post utme which is like hell..I just gave you my one cent bro..Pre degree ain't a waste in the end... yea u are right to pass pd is very easy cos dey set wat u av been taught
why putme normally set hell questions
but their system hav changed now
imagine i got 80% converted to 40=32
my jamb 270 converted to 50=33.75 and my waec 6.8
then add it together =72.8 and cutoff mark is 76% will they consider me??
what am trying to say is dat jamb is d main subordinate to get admitted dis days
wat dey did was unfair pd suppose to carry atleast 50%
but what i know is dat if sm1 passes pd exam and score upto 80% dey suppose to consider him/h for any course he/s chosed

Lol that would be nice just score 80 and get any course you want. But you forget, you are competing with others. OAU will not dash you any course, u have to work for it. From your calculation its clear 80 won't do for you. Then the onus is on you to get a higher mark. Mind you, you will be given Jamb classes also. This is probably why alot of predites scored high in Jamb this year.

Also theres an added advantage as most times post utme questions are predegree questions. One thing is clear OAU predegree is never a waste unless you make it so. Nothing in this world is handled to anyone, if you want medicine, you have to fight for it.

72.8 there will get you many courses in OAU but if you want medicine you know what you need to do. Agreed 50% for pd would be great. But it is what it is.
Re: OAU Pre Degree 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Starkid3010(m): 2:40pm On Nov 16, 2017
course, u have to work for it. From your calculation its clear 80 won't do for you. Then the onus is on you to get a higher mark. Mind you, you will be given Jamb classes also. This is probably why alot of predites scored high in Jamb this year.

Also theres an added advantage as most times post utme questions are predegree questions. One thing is clear OAU predegree is never a waste unless you make it so. Nothing in this world is handled to anyone, if you want medicine, you have to fight for it.

72.8 there will get you many courses in OAU but if you want medicine you know what you need to do. Agreed 50% for pd would be great. But it is what it is. [/quote]
lol God shal help sm1
oau is nt easy!. wen i went to do my putme
come see how people just dey read
for awo hall for lyk 48 hours sm people still dey dere
i be like oh my god am into big competition wat are dey reading sef?..
my bro told me dat d cutoff was high because of dos bigheaded pdite
Re: OAU Pre Degree 2017/2018 Admission Thread by muhammadmuqtar(m): 3:08pm On Nov 16, 2017
[b]
Sultan5:

Lol that would be nice just score 80 and get any course you want. But you forget, you are competing with others. OAU will not dash you any course, u have to work for it. From your calculation its clear 80 won't do for you. Then the onus is on you to get a higher mark. Mind you, you will be given Jamb classes also. This is probably why alot of predites scored high in Jamb this year.

72.8 there will get you many courses in OAU but if you want medicine you know what you need to do. Agreed 50% for pd would be great. But it is what it is.

I love this piece
Re: OAU Pre Degree 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Starkid3010(m): 4:48pm On Nov 16, 2017
muhammadmuqtar:
[b]
I love this piece
lol y wnt u love when u don carry all mark finish.. wen will dey even release adm lists jare cos their site is nt loading again since last week. and pls share more light on pd exam do dey normally set it from textbooks or pastquestions and wat z best tym to start readin 4 first contact and i heard dey normally set it 30, 70 is dat true??
Re: OAU Pre Degree 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Starkid3010(m): 4:49pm On Nov 16, 2017
sultan5:
[b]
I love this piece
Re: OAU Pre Degree 2017/2018 Admission Thread by muhammadmuqtar(m): 9:17pm On Nov 16, 2017
Starkid3010:

lol y wnt u love
when u don carry all mark finish..
wen will dey even release adm lists jare
cos their site is nt loading again since last week.
and pls share more light on pd exam
do dey normally set it from textbooks or pastquestions
and wat z best tym to start readin 4 first contact
and i heard dey normally set it 30, 70 is dat true??

On PD exams and tests, lecturers will never go beyond what you have been taught in class.

For the test, it's 30marks while exam is 70marks.

In test, English and biology have 40questions each while chemistry and physics have 25questions each.
Re: OAU Pre Degree 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Starkid3010(m): 5:57am On Nov 17, 2017
muhammadmuqtar:

On PD exams and tests, lecturers will never go beyond what you have been taught in class.

For the test, it's 30marks while exam is 70marks.

In test, English and biology have 40questions each while chemistry and physics have 25questions each.
nice one bro will they convert it to 30% cos all d questions z 130
and what of examand is duration
Re: OAU Pre Degree 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Sultan5(m): 6:40am On Nov 17, 2017
muhammadmuqtar:
[b]

I love this piece

Lol thanks bro
Re: OAU Pre Degree 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Sultan5(m): 6:50am On Nov 17, 2017
Starkid3010:
nice one bro will they convert it to 30% cos all d questions z 130
and what of examand is duration

Yea it will be converted to 30%. Each subject will be made 100%. Then sumed together to get a maximum percentage of 400% which will be divided by 400 times 30 to get your percentage.

Its the same for exam just that you multiply it by 70 instead of 30. Pass mark in test is 18% but since you want to go for medicine you should try to get more.

The duration for test n exam depends on the subject. For test English and biology is 25mins while physics and chemistry is 40mins
Re: OAU Pre Degree 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Sultan5(m): 7:16am On Nov 17, 2017
Starkid3010:

lol God shal help sm1
oau is nt easy!. wen i went to do my putme
come see how people just dey read
for awo hall for lyk 48 hours sm people still dey dere
i be like oh my god am into big competition wat are dey reading sef?..
my bro told me dat d cutoff was high because of dos bigheaded pdite

In pd its much worse. I had this bunk mate who reads everyday. I am not that kind of person sha but this guy challenged me. That's why 1 can only hope to get roommates who challenges you to be better. Not the ones that challenges you to get 5 different gfs at the same time.

Moro has a way of making you serious, even if your not naturally serious before. The highest in bcp 1st contact had 88 he was in my hostel. He was this young quiet guy really nice I must add. And I was like I wanted to test my metal with this guy in 2nd contact test and I did. You know what I scored higher than him even though it was just by 0.1% grin. That just shows how important determination is.

My advice is try your best not to be intimidated by anyone. And know that you can be the best if only you do the work. There will be things you won't understand so make friends with people who are naturally good. Ask them to put you through and honestly don't let them go until you really understand it.

The company you keep is just as important. And don't lose sight of why you are there. Cause it is very easy to as there are many distractions. Like parties, beautiful girls, rap battles, football competition ( I must add this my hostel actually won the football competition #AdenijiHostel #Notime grin My roommate won best keeper), even religious events also and many more

Moro is a really fun place I must say. But a wise man once said what is worth doing is worth doing well.
Re: OAU Pre Degree 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Starkid3010(m): 7:33am On Nov 17, 2017
Sultan5:

Yea it will be converted to 30%. Each subject will be made 100%. Then sumed together to get a maximum percentage of 400% which will be divided by 400 times 30 to get your percentage.

Its the same for exam just that you multiply it by 70 instead of 30. Pass mark in test is 18% but since you want to go for medicine you should try to get more.

The duration for test n exam depends on the subject. For test English and biology is 25mins while physics and chemistry is 40mins
hmm thump up 4 u tanx very much now u make it clearer
but hw many questn will dey set on eng , biology and others
and can sm1 use phy and chem tym for bio and eng or wil dey set it seperately wit their tym?
Re: OAU Pre Degree 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Starkid3010(m): 8:00am On Nov 17, 2017
[quote author=Sultan5 post=62452701]

. The highest in bcp 1st contact had 88 he was in my hostel. He was this young quiet guy really nice I must add. And I was like I wanted to test my metal with this guy in 2nd contact test and I did. You know what I scored higher than him even though it was just by 0.1% grin. That just shows how important determination is. nice one bro
do u knw dat with wat we av discussed so far! u av really helped me alot u didnt let me drown .cos i was drowning b4 wit many questions on my mind but i tink u av solved lyk 90% d remaing 10% is for me to go there i use d 90%effectively
lol, y wil i get intimidated: wit wat u av told me i dnt even think i wil av tym 4 myself again talkless of fb , party or any gal .. not me and my books again but my booooks and my head lol
d one i fear most is jamb nt because of their qts but their cmputers
but i tink oloyede hs made an amendment on dat...
bt i tink moro cbt center is an approved center ryt??
wic means i can easily do it inside d sch
Re: OAU Pre Degree 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Sultan5(m): 8:33am On Nov 17, 2017
Starkid3010:
hmm thump up 4 u tanx very much now u make it clearer
but hw many questn will dey set on eng , biology and others
and can sm1 use phy and chem tym for bio and eng or wil dey set it seperately wit their tym?

Lol I see your using entrance exam to compare. I did that too @ this stage. But all the subjects will not be written once. Its normally one subject a day for 4 days.

And concerning how many questions, I think Muqtar answered this before but let me repeat it.
For test English and Biology is 40 questions each in exam they are increased to 60

While Chem and Physics are 25 for test and 40 for exam.

And CDL Moro isn't a Jamb center, but all the centres in Ife are really good, hardly any complaints, well except for Kemade but that was just delay in releasing results as eventually all their results were released.

Don't misundastand you will definitely have time for yourself thats for sure, just use the time well is all I was saying. Heck I remembered days before our final exam we had a mini war lol in our hostel. Block A vs Block B n C. Oranges were the weapon of choice, it was really fun. The thing is to have fun when you can but don't let it interfere with your study cause thats why your really there.
Re: OAU Pre Degree 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Starkid3010(m): 9:18am On Nov 17, 2017
[quote author=Sultan5 post=62454894]

Lol I see your using entrance exam to compare. I did that too @ this stage. But all the subjects will not be written once. Its normally one subject a day for 4 days.

And concerning how many questions, I think Muqtar answered this before but let me repeat it.
For test English and Biology is 40 questions each in exam they are increased to 60

While Chem and Physics are 25 for test and 40 for exam.

And CDL Moro isn't a Jamb center, but all the centres in Ife are really good, hardly any complaints, well except for Kemade but that was just delay in releasing results as eventually all their results were released.
ope ooooooo
at rest now everytin is easy.
if dey want to release results wil dey post on noticeboard or through internet s

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Mbbs In Unilag, Or Mbbs In Ui / Protest At FUOYE Against Malomo, Dean Of Students' Affairs (Photos) / Jamb Utme 2011 Registration With Fingerprint Scanner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.