Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,161 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:55 AM

Hennessy Unveils The New Venom F5,Which Could Be The 1st Road Car To Hit 300mph - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Hennessy Unveils The New Venom F5,Which Could Be The 1st Road Car To Hit 300mph (13155 Views)

Mercedes-Benz Unveils The All-New 2019 G550 G-Wagon / This Is McLaren's Wildest Road Car Ever,$1m Senna Hypercar With See-Through Door / Hennessey's Venom F5 Hypercar Could Break The 300 Mph Barrier (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hennessy Unveils The New Venom F5,Which Could Be The 1st Road Car To Hit 300mph by Automotive1(m): 8:06pm On Nov 01, 2017
[img]http:///a/img924/6114/3n7ceC.jpg[/img]
[img]http:///a/img923/5050/7NCa7K.png[/img]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSG27EGn-k0

Hennessey Performance revealed a replacement for its ultra-limited Venom GT today at the SEMA show in Las Vegas, the Venom F5. It's a bespoke, 1600-horsepower twin-turbo V8-powered hypercar.

Named after a particularly destructive breed of tornado,the car is hoping to achieve speeds of a similar nature, with Hennessy teasing that the car could be the first to ever travel 300mph. Watch out Bugatti.

A teaser image released by the American tuning house showed the hypercar next to a sign that says “SPEED LIMIT 300MPH.

[img]http:///a/img922/589/ObZqgR.jpg[/img]
[img]http:///a/img924/7532/hOLYZf.jpg[/img]
[img]http:///a/img923/1607/K8RAE9.jpg[/img]
Unlike the 270 mph Lotus Elise-based Venom GT, the F5 is built on a completely bespoke chassis, and uses a brand new 7.4-liter aluminum V8 with two turbochargers attached. Power has increased 356 horsepower to 1600, while torque has been increased to 1300 lb.-ft.

The F5's new streamlined design and flat floor are enough to generate a slippery 0.33 drag coefficient, 0.11 less than the GT. Power is sent to the rear wheels via either a single-clutch seven-speed paddle-shift transmission or an unspecified manual gearbox. A GPS-based traction control system will also be included.

As for tires,F5 will use Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2s to do the job.Hennessey claims that because the F5 is so light compared to the Chiron, it won't face the same tire load issues the Bugatti does.

There haven't been any real performance tests yet, but Hennessey predicts the F5 will do 0-186 mph in under 10 seconds, 0-249 mph in under 20 seconds, and hit a top speed of 301 mph. For reference, the Koenigsegg Agera RS does the 0-249 run in just under 27 seconds. This car will be incredibly quick.

To buy one of the 24 Venom F5s being produced, you have to apply and have John Hennessey himself approve you for the purchase. Pricing starts at $1.6 million(N568,000,000), while up to $600,000 of yet-to-be specified options are available. Deliveries start early 2019

Currently the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport World Record Edition holds the official world record for the fastest car at 258mph, which Hennessy aims to break. 

Source: https://autojosh.com/hennessy-unveils-new-venom-f5-1st-road-car-hit-300mph/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hennessy Unveils The New Venom F5,Which Could Be The 1st Road Car To Hit 300mph by HungerBAD: 8:07pm On Nov 01, 2017
Not fair.

Am I the only one that clicked on the story to see the shape of the new Hennessey bottle?

27 Likes

Re: Hennessy Unveils The New Venom F5,Which Could Be The 1st Road Car To Hit 300mph by decatalyst(m): 8:30pm On Nov 01, 2017
I hope taking a Jonny Walker in this wouldn't cause explosion?

grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Hennessy Unveils The New Venom F5,Which Could Be The 1st Road Car To Hit 300mph by AdeizaPrime(m): 6:31am On Nov 02, 2017
To buy car Sef you must apply?

This bar is based on the McLaren P1, look at the rear.

But bloody hell the specs are epic, can't wait to drive it.....in ps4 grin grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hennessy Unveils The New Venom F5,Which Could Be The 1st Road Car To Hit 300mph by Titto93(m): 6:33am On Nov 02, 2017
Speed is not the ultimate need of a car.
Re: Hennessy Unveils The New Venom F5,Which Could Be The 1st Road Car To Hit 300mph by autotrader014(m): 6:33am On Nov 02, 2017
HungerBAD:
Not fair.

Am I the only one that clicked on the story to see the shape of the new Hennessey bottle?

grin

1 Like

Re: Hennessy Unveils The New Venom F5,Which Could Be The 1st Road Car To Hit 300mph by jayriginal: 6:34am On Nov 02, 2017
HungerBAD:
Not fair.

Yes you are.

Unless you were thinking a bottle could make you run at 300 MPH

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hennessy Unveils The New Venom F5,Which Could Be The 1st Road Car To Hit 300mph by saracus(f): 6:35am On Nov 02, 2017
Hmmmmmmm.... there is God o. when we go get money buy this one?
Re: Hennessy Unveils The New Venom F5,Which Could Be The 1st Road Car To Hit 300mph by Nobody: 6:36am On Nov 02, 2017
Insanity. Cars shud not be manufactured to run more dan 120. Accidents go reduce
Re: Hennessy Unveils The New Venom F5,Which Could Be The 1st Road Car To Hit 300mph by sholajigga(m): 6:39am On Nov 02, 2017
saracus:
Hmmmmmmm.... there is God o. when we go get money buy this one?

Well, there are affordable modes of payment for the car.

You can pay with this items;

Two Kidney

Liver

Lungs

Heart

And the car would be yours!

3 Likes

Re: Hennessy Unveils The New Venom F5,Which Could Be The 1st Road Car To Hit 300mph by Kobicove(m): 6:39am On Nov 02, 2017
Nothing spectacular about it's body shell

2 Likes

Re: Hennessy Unveils The New Venom F5,Which Could Be The 1st Road Car To Hit 300mph by Nobody: 6:42am On Nov 02, 2017
Dis one na die!!
Re: Hennessy Unveils The New Venom F5,Which Could Be The 1st Road Car To Hit 300mph by Nobody: 6:43am On Nov 02, 2017
sholajigga:

Two Kidney
Liver
Lungs
Heart
And the car would be yours!
Guess he Wil go and drive it in heaven?! Na wa o!!!

1 Like

Re: Hennessy Unveils The New Venom F5,Which Could Be The 1st Road Car To Hit 300mph by Nobody: 6:52am On Nov 02, 2017
The only Hennessey we know is spirit
Re: Hennessy Unveils The New Venom F5,Which Could Be The 1st Road Car To Hit 300mph by jomoh: 7:08am On Nov 02, 2017
Abeg where we dey run go
Re: Hennessy Unveils The New Venom F5,Which Could Be The 1st Road Car To Hit 300mph by banre(m): 7:13am On Nov 02, 2017
early 2019 smh sad that's if bugatti and jaguar dem don't break d records themselves b4 den
Re: Hennessy Unveils The New Venom F5,Which Could Be The 1st Road Car To Hit 300mph by sholajigga(m): 7:14am On Nov 02, 2017
modelmike7:

Guess he Wil go and drive it in heaven?!
Na wa o!!!

Abi
Re: Hennessy Unveils The New Venom F5,Which Could Be The 1st Road Car To Hit 300mph by MrMoney007: 7:15am On Nov 02, 2017
God bless Explorers for inspiring more sensible posts
Re: Hennessy Unveils The New Venom F5,Which Could Be The 1st Road Car To Hit 300mph by FarahAideed: 7:19am On Nov 02, 2017
HungerBAD:
Not fair.

Yes you are the only one ..I hope now you realise being a zombie is an IQ deficiency thing

3 Likes

Re: Hennessy Unveils The New Venom F5,Which Could Be The 1st Road Car To Hit 300mph by chikago1: 7:23am On Nov 02, 2017
[quote author=sholajigga post=61991341]

Two Kidney

Liver

Lungs

Heart

And the car would be yours![/quote
abeg borrow me yours so that I can drive beta moto.
Re: Hennessy Unveils The New Venom F5,Which Could Be The 1st Road Car To Hit 300mph by hopefulLandlord: 7:56am On Nov 02, 2017
I'm curious, asides the high that comes with having such a car and probably the prestige, what else is the use? don't get me wrong, I'm not saying its a bad car to have by any stretch BUT the major selling point of this car is it "Could Be The 1st Road Car To Hit 300mph"; if I'm not on specially designed racetracks I shouldn't hit such a speed unless I want to pay lots of overspeeding fines or worse, have a death wish. Of what use is a product if its major selling point is actually useless?

1 Like

Re: Hennessy Unveils The New Venom F5,Which Could Be The 1st Road Car To Hit 300mph by lavenjcrown(m): 8:21am On Nov 02, 2017
This car old age doesn't always look nice, what is the essences of purchasing it.
Re: Hennessy Unveils The New Venom F5,Which Could Be The 1st Road Car To Hit 300mph by AdeizaPrime(m): 8:44am On Nov 02, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
I'm curious, asides the high that comes with having such a car and probably the prestige, what else is the use? don't get me wrong, I'm not saying its a bad car to have by any stretch BUT the major selling point of this car is it "Could Be The 1st Road Car To Hit 300mph"; if I'm not on specially designed racetracks I shouldn't hit such a speed unless I want to pay lots of overspeeding fines or worse, have a death wish. Of what use is a product if its major selling point is actually useless?

Obviously you aren't a car freak, just like how men pursue women even though they know it could lead to their destruction, thats exactly how we CAR lovers admire such exquisite mechanical beasts of profound beauty.

1 Like

Re: Hennessy Unveils The New Venom F5,Which Could Be The 1st Road Car To Hit 300mph by Avatarmodest(m): 9:47am On Nov 02, 2017
Ahhhh the VENOM wicked specs. everybody wants break the 300mph barrier and the price tho.
Re: Hennessy Unveils The New Venom F5,Which Could Be The 1st Road Car To Hit 300mph by Ayopredict: 11:16am On Nov 02, 2017
When I see speedy cars with so much horsepower like this, I wonderful why d car owner is in a rush and where did he or she intend speeding d car to

If someone can buy this car cos of d speed,what should a person without car do, I guess maybe speed with his leg... Life na jeje jare, don't rush...

Re: Hennessy Unveils The New Venom F5,Which Could Be The 1st Road Car To Hit 300mph by tck2000(m): 11:47pm On Sep 02, 2019
hopefulLandlord:
i wonder o

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue / How My Rewire Tried To Trick Me By Turning Off VSC Light Without Fixing VSC / How Do You Verify Prices When Your Mech Gives You A List Worth 70k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.