Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,890 members, 7,802,864 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

4 Reasons Why Your Exercises Are Not Working For You (photos) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 4 Reasons Why Your Exercises Are Not Working For You (photos) (13843 Views)

This Horrific Instant Skin Bleaching Method Could Kill You (Photos) / 100 Ladies Working For NGOs In Borno Impregnated And Infected With HIV / The Transformation Of This 17-Year-Old Lady Will Shock You (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Reasons Why Your Exercises Are Not Working For You (photos) by FitnessDoctor: 8:34pm On Nov 01, 2017
Hello, guys, it's your favorite health blogger, Paul Samuel FitnessDoctor

Just like any other activity out there, it takes time for results to manifest when you start exercising for whatever reason. But for some, it might take longer and for others, the results might never come.

Rather than quitting, you can start looking into the reasons why exercises are not working for you and this article is meant to help.

I noticed that after performing 50 painful crunches per day, my abs still remained AWOL. I crunched, did some push ups and pull ups and still, I had to squeeze my stomach muscles to boast about my abs.

I had to work on these 4 reasons before I could get any reasonable results from my workouts.

Here Are 4 Reasons Why Your Exercises Are Not Working For You

1. Lack of Consistency

If you work out just twice every week, then you shouldn't be expecting results at all. Although, exercising every day could be counterproductive, but there is something as not exercising enough.

It is recommended you exercise 3 - 5 days for a week and I choose to go with 5 days a week for quality results and rest on weekends.

Also, the length of time of your workout session can also affect how fast you see results.

Depending on the kind of workouts, your session should last between 30 minutes to 1 hour per day.

Consistency is also the key to maintaining results from your workout sessions, if you decided to take a vacation from your workout routine just because you have achieved all you worked hard far, then you will fall back to square one in no time.

2. Doing the wrong exercises

Every exercise has a function and works different body parts. Cardiovascular exercises burn more calories which leads to rapid weight loss and that is why they are recommended for those trying to lose weight

If you are trying to lose weight and focus on exercises that require less energy and burn fewer calories then you shouldn't be expecting results anything soon.

Exercises like HIIT, skipping, running, jumping jacks, stairs sprint etc are great fat burners, on the other hand, exercises like planks wouldn't burn as much but are the best when it comes to toning your muscles.

Copyright: Paul Samuel FitnessDoctor (realfitbody.com)

3. Using the wrong form

All exercises have their various forms which are meant to make it perform its function. For example, running has its own form which could make it work your whole leg muscles and burn lots of calories just as its supposed to and more complex and demanding exercises like planks has its own form which helps tone your body muscles faster.

Performing your exercises in the wrong form is just the same as not doing them at all and worse, it increases your chances of sustaining injuries while working out.

4. Doing only a few exercises

If your daily workout routine is just made up of stretches and running for a few minutes, then you shouldn't expect quick results like someone who includes exercises like HIIT, strength training or more aerobic/anaerobic exercises into his workout routine.

The more you workout out, the faster you get results.

Don't stick to one or two exercises in your workout routine, because there are so many other great exercises which can get you're the results you are looking for in a shorter period of time.

So there you have it.

Source: http://www.realfitbody.com/2017/10/4-reasons-why-your-exercises-are-not.html

cc: lalasticlala

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Reasons Why Your Exercises Are Not Working For You (photos) by Apus: 8:39pm On Nov 01, 2017
OP Rest and Food also. I don't joke with food when working out ooo.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Reasons Why Your Exercises Are Not Working For You (photos) by Hashimyussufamao(m): 8:47pm On Nov 01, 2017
0p always love ur write ups. A certified blogger indeed, really gained from this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Reasons Why Your Exercises Are Not Working For You (photos) by Ayo4251(m): 8:20am On Nov 02, 2017
We have heard you, we will look into the matter in the next Eke Market day. The Igwe traveled to the neighboring village for a diplomatic meeting, and the council of elders can't debate on this issue in his absence.

Thank you.

32 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why Your Exercises Are Not Working For You (photos) by Nobody: 8:20am On Nov 02, 2017
I LOVE EXERCISING
Re: 4 Reasons Why Your Exercises Are Not Working For You (photos) by SWORD419(m): 8:21am On Nov 02, 2017
Thank u sir
Re: 4 Reasons Why Your Exercises Are Not Working For You (photos) by Ghnaija(m): 8:21am On Nov 02, 2017
Op na true talk ohhhh
Re: 4 Reasons Why Your Exercises Are Not Working For You (photos) by wintersnow(m): 8:22am On Nov 02, 2017
I've been doing press up for almost 2 year, but my chest is still flat... cry cry why's my case different

Re: 4 Reasons Why Your Exercises Are Not Working For You (photos) by henrylowe(m): 8:23am On Nov 02, 2017
OP you don talk am finish
Re: 4 Reasons Why Your Exercises Are Not Working For You (photos) by MhizzAJ(f): 8:24am On Nov 02, 2017
Okay

2 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why Your Exercises Are Not Working For You (photos) by sirxbit(m): 8:24am On Nov 02, 2017
wintersnow:
I've been doing press up for almost 2 year, but my chest is still flat... cry cry why's my case different
Upgrade to benchpress
Guess u a slim person
If so press up won't be enough to pump ur chest u need bench press

2 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why Your Exercises Are Not Working For You (photos) by wintersnow(m): 8:25am On Nov 02, 2017
sirxbit:

Upgrade to benchpress
Guess u a slim person

Thanks alot...I'll start with that next week
Re: 4 Reasons Why Your Exercises Are Not Working For You (photos) by internationalman(m): 8:26am On Nov 02, 2017
u can never see d effects of exercise in bodies like mine no matter how much u try.
Re: 4 Reasons Why Your Exercises Are Not Working For You (photos) by Houseofglam7(f): 8:27am On Nov 02, 2017
Thank you @op
Re: 4 Reasons Why Your Exercises Are Not Working For You (photos) by TheManofTomorrow(m): 8:30am On Nov 02, 2017
Who needs exercise these days when Buhari and his other fools have created more than enough hardship for Nigeria while dey sit in their comfy houses relaxing in their DOOM.
HAPPY that the are reaping the fruit of their labour lil by bit. Fools paradise.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why Your Exercises Are Not Working For You (photos) by holluwai(m): 8:30am On Nov 02, 2017
No wonder I never get that six pack cheesy
Re: 4 Reasons Why Your Exercises Are Not Working For You (photos) by kay29000(m): 8:34am On Nov 02, 2017
Consistency, food with the right nutrients, and rest... This will do the magic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Reasons Why Your Exercises Are Not Working For You (photos) by fruitfulBROTHER(m): 8:35am On Nov 02, 2017
Houseofglam7:
Thank you @op
what's up with ur body? Too fat or too thin?
Re: 4 Reasons Why Your Exercises Are Not Working For You (photos) by AlexCk: 8:36am On Nov 02, 2017
Lol,

I think diet should be included too.
Abeg which kind protein person go take to get body small. grin
Re: 4 Reasons Why Your Exercises Are Not Working For You (photos) by Offpoint: 8:37am On Nov 02, 2017
How on earth will I be able to exercise when I left home as early as 4:30 am and return 11pm?

2 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why Your Exercises Are Not Working For You (photos) by Robbin7(m): 8:38am On Nov 02, 2017
Okay na
Re: 4 Reasons Why Your Exercises Are Not Working For You (photos) by HIScraziness(m): 8:41am On Nov 02, 2017
Fitnessdoctor, what's the fastest way to lose belly fat?
Re: 4 Reasons Why Your Exercises Are Not Working For You (photos) by Dearlord(m): 8:44am On Nov 02, 2017
OP. can you show up let see how well it has worked for you?
Re: 4 Reasons Why Your Exercises Are Not Working For You (photos) by asawanathegreat(m): 8:44am On Nov 02, 2017
Una don come again
Re: 4 Reasons Why Your Exercises Are Not Working For You (photos) by joenor(m): 8:49am On Nov 02, 2017
Oga me n that guy above, na the same person.... how to do this bench press?
sirxbit:

Upgrade to benchpress
Guess u a slim person
Re: 4 Reasons Why Your Exercises Are Not Working For You (photos) by Dami42lola(m): 9:03am On Nov 02, 2017
Nice write up bro, trying to lose weight and live healthy too, noticed you mentioned something about counter productivity...for someone trying to lose weight going 6 days solid while leaving out Sunday is not a bad idea is it !!?!and you should add food tho, you are as good as what you eat, the kind of food one takes is as important if not more important to whatever cause you're trying to achieve.
Re: 4 Reasons Why Your Exercises Are Not Working For You (photos) by analryder: 9:19am On Nov 02, 2017
Eating healthy will help your exercising.

Sometimes people skip breakfast, eat lunch at 1pm and then followed it with a huge dinner (ewedu & amala) around 9pm while watching champions league grin and 90% of the food stay undigested in the stomach while waking up next morning and not feeling hungry.

Drinking of alcohol

If you want to get good result from your training. Cut-down on your alcohol consumption.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why Your Exercises Are Not Working For You (photos) by Geenickel(m): 9:38am On Nov 02, 2017
Interesting writ though..

But i guess my case is kinda different, because i could go through a week without push-ups or any form of exercises and stil hv my chest muscles looking well fed... How's this possible? .. OP..
Re: 4 Reasons Why Your Exercises Are Not Working For You (photos) by HomeOfMe(f): 9:41am On Nov 02, 2017
FitnessDoctor:
Hello, guys, it's your favorite health blogger, Paul Samuel FitnessDoctor

Just like any other activity out there, it takes time for results to manifest when you start exercising for whatever reason. But for some, it might take longer and for others, the results might never come.

Rather than quitting, you can start looking into the reasons why exercises are not working for you and this article is meant to help.

I noticed that after performing 50 painful crunches per day, my abs still remained AWOL. I crunched, did some push ups and pull ups and still, I had to squeeze my stomach muscles to boast about my abs.

I had to work on these 4 reasons before I could get any reasonable results from my workouts.

Here Are 4 Reasons Why Your Exercises Are Not Working For You

1. Lack of Consistency

If you work out just twice every week, then you shouldn't be expecting results at all. Although, exercising every day could be counterproductive, but there is something as not exercising enough.

It is recommended you exercise 3 - 5 days for a week and I choose to go with 5 days a week for quality results and rest on weekends.

Also, the length of time of your workout session can also affect how fast you see results.

Depending on the kind of workouts, your session should last between 30 minutes to 1 hour per day.

Consistency is also the key to maintaining results from your workout sessions, if you decided to take a vacation from your workout routine just because you have achieved all you worked hard far, then you will fall back to square one in no time.

2. Doing the wrong exercises

Every exercise has a function and works different body parts. Cardiovascular exercises burn more calories which leads to rapid weight loss and that is why they are recommended for those trying to lose weight

If you are trying to lose weight and focus on exercises that require less energy and burn fewer calories then you shouldn't be expecting results anything soon.

Exercises like HIIT, skipping, running, jumping jacks, stairs sprint etc are great fat burners, on the other hand, exercises like planks wouldn't burn as much but are the best when it comes to toning your muscles.

Copyright: Paul Samuel FitnessDoctor (realfitbody.com)

3. Using the wrong form

All exercises have their various forms which are meant to make it perform its function. For example, running has its own form which could make it work your whole leg muscles and burn lots of calories just as its supposed to and more complex and demanding exercises like planks has its own form which helps tone your body muscles faster.

Performing your exercises in the wrong form is just the same as not doing them at all and worse, it increases your chances of sustaining injuries while working out.

4. Doing only a few exercises

If your daily workout routine is just made up of stretches and running for a few minutes, then you shouldn't expect quick results like someone who includes exercises like HIIT, strength training or more aerobic/anaerobic exercises into his workout routine.

The more you workout out, the faster you get results.

Don't stick to one or two exercises in your workout routine, because there are so many other great exercises which can get you're the results you are looking for in a shorter period of time.

So there you have it.

Source: http://www.realfitbody.com/2017/10/4-reasons-why-your-exercises-are-not.html

cc: lalasticlala
I'm not fat neither am I slim,but I wish I could lose more weght because I skip at home once in a while,not steady though. What kind of workout can make my thighs slimmer?
Re: 4 Reasons Why Your Exercises Are Not Working For You (photos) by olowobaba10: 9:58am On Nov 02, 2017
Q
Re: 4 Reasons Why Your Exercises Are Not Working For You (photos) by JohnNgene: 10:11am On Nov 02, 2017
Something else I've observed is that people want to get results too quickly and therefore start too hard. What I mean is, most people want to start with 50 sit-ups on the first day of their exercise. When their body greets them with abdominal pains the following day, they then give up. Lol.

The best way would be to start with 20 sit-ups, keep doing it everyday despite the pain for a week before increasing it to 30 the following week. Gradually increase it till you can do 50 by the fourth week.

If you're in Agbani Enugu, I can be your fitness-trainer for a very affordable fee.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Baby Without Skull: Reps To Raise N10m For Surgery / COVID-19 Update For October 10 2020 In Nigeria - (1,675 Tested) / Cost Of A Treadmill.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.