Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,275 members, 7,780,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:44 PM

CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award (31069 Views)

Full List Of Nominees For CAF Awards 2022 (Photos) / CAF Releases Shortlist Of Nominees For The African Player Of The Year. / "Kanu Is The Best African Player" - Thierry Henry (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 02, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
fifa top 30 is usually based on popularity of players not exactly there performance for the season.

the likes of diego costa, belloti etc had great season last year, but somewhere somehow, we have the likes of falcao displacing them in top 30.

Compare sadio season and moses season and let's see who deserve it based on the season they both had not how popular a player is.

Mane beats Moses in FIFA WPOTY shortlist, you said it's a popularity contests abi.

Mane beats him again in PFA EPL team of the year 2017 is that popularity contest too?
Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by andrew444(m): 10:54am On Nov 02, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
how many goes did buffon has last year to become number 4 in the world?

Thank you my brother,Tell them,even Suarez that has more goals than ronaldo and neymar did not come 4th
Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by greatseed: 10:59am On Nov 02, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
how many goes did buffon has last year to become number 4 in the world?
Out of context!!! U need to discuss with ur likes for now! With time u will get to a better thinking standard! Dnt jump d gun....
Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by EvilMetahuman: 11:08am On Nov 02, 2017
Jarus:

Mane beats Moses in FIFA WPOTY shortlist, you said it's a popularity contests abi.

Mane beats him again in PFA EPL team of the year 2017 is that popularity contest too?

*face palm*
did mane win pfa player of the year?

Seriously, is mane and moses playing the same position?
If they are both playing the same position, then you can say he beats him to be in the team.

Perfect example, degea beat cutoir to be in pfa team of the year.
Is it wise to say degea beat pogba to be the in team of the year?

Did moses have a better season than mane or not?
If ronaldo won ballon d'or for having a better season than messi, why should moses not enjoy the same?

1 Like

Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by EvilMetahuman: 11:10am On Nov 02, 2017
[s]
greatseed:
Out of context!!! U need to discuss with ur likes for now! With time u will get to a better thinking standard! Dnt jump d gun....
[/s]mor0n trying to sound clever after making a very dumb statement.
cheesy

1 Like

Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by Kendroid: 11:12am On Nov 02, 2017
IamPatriotic:
Victor Moses remains a huge favourite for the award, any other two of the rest of the nominees could come second and third respectively.

U mean like Messi and Neymar came 2nd and 3rd respectively?? grin grin
Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by pagekollection2(m): 11:13am On Nov 02, 2017
[quote author=sunshineV post=61994268]No messi in the list? Trash! CAF is biase

Where r u Frm?
Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by Kendroid: 11:14am On Nov 02, 2017
Ayo4251:
I see Baily or Mane winning the award

Baily cant win it by kicking opposition strikers grin
Mane cant win it by kicking goal keepers' face wink

1 Like

Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by Kendroid: 11:14am On Nov 02, 2017
Jarus:
1, Aubameyang
2, Sadio Mane
3, Mohammed Salah.

Take that to the bank.

Keep dreaming man tongue
Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by Kendroid: 11:15am On Nov 02, 2017
Anthony Joshua remains the favorite grin
Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by Emmem005: 11:16am On Nov 02, 2017
The award is between Mane and Aubameyang
Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by JesslordKay(m): 11:16am On Nov 02, 2017
Salah is good
Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by Osek(m): 11:26am On Nov 02, 2017
I go for moses wink

1 Like

Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by SojiCash(m): 11:29am On Nov 02, 2017
sunshineV:
No messi in the list? Trash! CAF is biase

I no say you dey wine
Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by Jerveyjay(m): 11:48am On Nov 02, 2017
My broda! Who told you that sense is common? The person that paved way for the word into the dictionary is angry with himself wherever he is right now...[Qquote author=Humility017 post=61994336]
my brother some peeps don't just have sense...even though they say sense is common....[/quote]
Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:56am On Nov 02, 2017
Where Is Musa and Echiejile?
Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by cstr1000: 12:00pm On Nov 02, 2017
It is African footballer of the YEAR, not who is the best player.
So if aubamyeang flops in a given year, he should win it because he is the better player?
Football illiterates.
Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by cstr1000: 12:03pm On Nov 02, 2017
EvilMetahuman:

*face palm*
did mane win pfa player of the year?

Seriously, is mane and moses playing the same position?
If they are both playing the same position, then you can say he beats him to be in the team.

Perfect example, degea beat cutoir to be in pfa team of the year.
Is it wise to say degea beat pogba to be the in team of the year?

Did moses have a better season than mane or not?
If ronaldo won ballon d'or for having a better season than messi, why should moses not enjoy the same?
These guys are mistaking a yearly award for achievement to a debate about who is the better player.
If Moses does not win it, then something is wrong with caf.
Moses was the player with the most achievement in the year in review. He won the league as a major first team player, and qualified his country to the world cup with a game to spare.
Gabon is not going to the WC, while mane and salah did not win the league.

2 Likes

Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by KendrickAyomide: 12:15pm On Nov 02, 2017
DanielsParker:

is Messi African?
that one na mad man. leave am
Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by Drienzia: 12:31pm On Nov 02, 2017
Jarus:
Both Mane and Moses played in the EPL last season .

Moses won the EPL. Mane did not.

Yet Mane made the EPL team of the seaon while Moses did not.

Yet these Nairaland commenters argue blindly.

No one that knows football will rate Moses higher than Mane in 2017.
You don't use this in rating. OK, De gae as the first choice goal keeper, yet courtouis won the award for the best goal keeper in the epl
Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by greypencils: 12:37pm On Nov 02, 2017
The final shortlist will be 1. Pierre Aubameyang 2. Mohammed Salah 3. Victor Moses Winner Pierre Aubameyang
Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by handsomeyinka(m): 1:08pm On Nov 02, 2017
DanielsParker:

is Messi African?

Yes.......messi is an African-American......lol
Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by greypencils: 1:16pm On Nov 02, 2017
toseen7:

Bros we all know that FIFA is biased, Iniesta wey no dey play anything again made FIFA's FIFPro World XI for the ninth year running....
I'm very sure Moses will be in Top 3, alongside Aubameyang, Mane OR salah.
pls help remind him Mahrez has no rating in FIFA's book yet he won CAF footballer of the yr. Why? The EPL Trophy...besides coaches will be the one doing the voting. it will be a very close one btw Aubameyang, Salah, Moses and Mane. The final shortlist will be the first three. Who doesn't know Okocha was the best in his time but did he win any trophies for club? No. Hence his not winning CAF footballer of the yr.

1 Like

Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by greatseed: 1:37pm On Nov 02, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
[s][/s]mor0n trying to sound clever after making a very dumb statement.
cheesy
The funny part of it all is that dumb pple like u, know exactly how to describe theirselves like u jst did! Also are quick to derail and criticize others during sensible discussions thinking they knw it all, Alas funny enough, you and your likes are always d dumbest thinking Der wise in d society, We just look @ u guys n smile inside! Cos we can see thru you tongue tongue tongue
Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by EvilMetahuman: 3:23pm On Nov 02, 2017
[s]
greatseed:
The funny part of it all is that dumb pple like u, know exactly how to describe theirselves like u jst did! Also are quick to derail and criticize others during sensible discussions thinking they knw it all, Alas funny enough, you and your likes are always d dumbest thinking Der wise in d society, We just look @ u guys n smile inside! Cos we can see thru you tongue tongue tongue
[/s]how can someone smart asked "how many goals does a right wing back (rwb) have" in order to judge his performance?

That's just dumb.
Even a two year old girl won't ask such a stupiid question.

Just admit you are as stuppid as your statement and move on.
Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by Nobody: 4:39pm On Nov 02, 2017
greypencils:
pls help remind him Mahrez has no rating in FIFA's book yet he won CAF footballer of the yr. Why? The EPL Trophy...besides coaches will be the one doing the voting. it will be a very close one btw Aubameyang, Salah, Moses and Mane. The final shortlist will be the first three. Who doesn't know Okocha was the best in his time but did he win any trophies for club? No. Hence his not winning CAF footballer of the yr.

See why I select who Iargue with on Nairaland.

Who told you Mahrez has no rating in FIFA book when he won APOTY in 2016?

Here is the 23 man list for FIFA WPOTY 2016 award with Mahrez there:

Sergio Agüero (Argentina/Manchester City)
* Gareth Bale (Wales/Real Madrid)
* Gianluigi Buffon (Italy/Juventus)
* Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal/Real Madrid)
* Kevin De Bruyne (Belgium/Manchester City)
* Antoine Griezmann (France/Atlético Madrid)
* Zlatan Ibrahimović (Sweden/Paris Saint-Germain/Manchester United)
* Andrés Iniesta (Spain/FC Barcelona)
* N’Golo Kanté (France/Leicester City/Chelsea)
* Toni Kroos (Germany/Real Madrid)
* Robert Lewandowski (Poland/FC Bayern Munich)
* Riyad Mahrez (Algeria/Leicester City)
* Lionel Messi (Argentina/FC Barcelona)
* Luka Modrić (Croatia/Real Madrid)
* Manuel Neuer (Germany/FC Bayern Munich)
* Neymar (Brazil/FC Barcelona)
* Mesut Özil (Germany/Arsenal)
* Dimitri Payet (France/West Ham United)
* Paul Pogba (France/Juventus/Manchester United)
* Sergio Ramos (Spain/Real Madrid)
* Alexis Sánchez (Chile/Arsenal)
* Luis Suárez (Uruguay/FC Barcelona)
* Jamie Vardy (England/Leicester City).

http://www.fifa.com/the-best-fifa-football-awards/news/y=2016/m=11/news=keep-pending-who-will-be-the-best-fifa-men-s-player-2016-2847943.html
Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by greatseed: 5:04am On Nov 03, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
[s][/s]how can someone smart asked "how many goals does a right wing back (rwb) have" in order to judge his performance?

That's just dumb.
Even a two year old girl won't ask such a stupiid question.

Just admit you are as stuppid as your statement and move on.
How can someone smart ask? You mean? Anyway I just corrected your bad sentence construction to start with tongue. Now I see you keep trying hard to look relevant in this simple scenario! Anyway a small lesson young boy! It's better to learn and move on than still getting yourself lower self esteem! If I am not mistaken, if you look around your peers and family, your conscience obviously tell you, you are the least in thinking and smartness. Like I told you earlier, we can see through you. I hope you get better and more constructive soon or else, you are likely done for! I am sure you still survive under your parents roof, that's why your mindset is myopic! Check the meaning in a dictionary.... Lest I forget, check my 1st statement again and compare it to yours! That should teach you a lot, if not, then you need to beg any of your smart accompany to help you. Pele! shocked undecided
Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by EvilMetahuman: 9:04am On Nov 03, 2017
greatseed:
How can someone smart ask? You mean? Anyway I just corrected your bad sentence construction to start with tongue. Now I see you keep trying hard to look relevant in this simple scenario! Anyway a small lesson young boy! It's better to learn and move on than still getting yourself lower self esteem! If I am not mistaken, if you look around your peers and family, your conscience obviously tell tells you, you are the least in thinking and smartness. Like I told you earlier, we can see through you. I hope you get better and more constructive soon or else, you are likely done for! I am sure you still survive under your parents roof, that's why your mindset is myopic! Check the meaning in a dictionary.... Lest I forget, check my 1st statement again and compare it to yours! That should teach you a lot, if not, then you need to beg any of your smart accompany to help you. Pele! shocked undecided
How long did it take you to type this?
I'm pretty sure you used all the grammar checker, google, typo checker and dictionaries you have at your disposal to compose this. Yet, your stupidity glows like a diamond in the mud. cheesy

By the way, how does this your biography make you less a stupiid dunce?
Again, why in the world would anyone who claimed to be eistein ask for number of goals to judge a rwb player?

Why is it so hard for you to admit you are stuppid and Bleep off the internet like a retar.ded, brain dead goblin that you are? cheesy

No response from me again.
I can't be wasting my time responding to stupid people. I have shown you how stupiid you are, now you can work on your self, or spend the rest of today looking for more hole in my grammar. Shiit for brain cheesy
Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by greatseed: 9:57am On Nov 03, 2017
EvilMetahuman:

How long did it take you to type this?
I'm pretty sure you used all the grammar checker, google, typo checker and dictionaries you have at your disposal to compose this. Yet, your stupidity glows like a diamond in the mud. cheesy

By the way, how does this your biography make you less a stupiid dunce?
Again, why in the world would anyone who claimed to be eistein ask for number of goals to judge a rwb player?

Why is it so hard for you to admit you are stuppid and Bleep off the internet like a retar.ded, brain dead goblin that you are? cheesy

No response from me again.
I can't be wasting my time responding to stupid people. I have shown you how stupiid you are, now you can work on your self, or spend the rest of today looking for more hole in my grammar. Shiit for brain cheesy
I am happy I have been able to help you improve your sentence construction. Though I am aware foolish and dumb race don't say thank you, as expected though. Then if you have been using all mentioned above to construct your sentences as insinuated. It won't help your development. To also correct you. I didn't use any special grammar, for us it's simple English, we went through the basics to aid our communication to the world. So now, back to the matter, if it's about the football argument, I have lost interest in that, cos they say, if you beat a goat from now till tomm, it doesn't stop it from repeating same mistakes for the Cain. In that aspect, that's what you are. Then 2, as for me I will keep replying you, if it can @least help your construction and publicity of your foolishness, I am all yours young boy.
Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by EvilMetahuman: 10:23am On Nov 03, 2017
greatseed:
I am happy I have been able to help you improve your sentence construction. Though I am aware foolish and dumb race don't say thank you, as expected though. Then if you have been using all mentioned above to construct your sentences as insinuated. It won't help your development. To also correct you. I didn't use any special grammar, for us it's simple English, we went through the basics to aid our communication to the world. So now, back to the matter, if it's about the football argument, I have lost interest in that, cos they say, if you beat a goat from now till tomm, it doesn't stop it from repeating same mistakes for the Cain. In that aspect, that's what you are. Then 2, as for me I will keep replying you, if it can @least help your construction and publicity of your foolishness, I am all yours young boy.
what an imbeci.le. cheesy
Cos I don't have the time to check my posts or grammar before I submit them doesn't mean I won't be able lecture you, your English lecturers and the smartest people you have in miserable your life when it comes to english language.

I use stu.pid questions like "how many goals does a rwb have?" to judge people's intelligence not how well they can use foreign language.

Based on my assessment so far, your IQ is on the same level as tsetese fly.
Zeus forbid spending my precious time discussing football with someone who is super dumb as yourself.

Now get a life boy and stop plastering this beautiful forum with dumb posts.
Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by greatseed: 11:07am On Nov 03, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
what an imbeci.le. cheesy
Cos I don't have the time to check my posts or grammar before I submit them doesn't mean I won't be able lecture you, your English lecturers and the smartest people you have in miserable your life when it comes to english language.

I use stu.pid questions like "how many goals does a rwb have?" to judge people's intelligence not how well they can use foreign language.

Based on my assessment so far, your IQ is on the same level as tsetese fly.
Zeus forbid spending my precious time discussing football with someone who is super dumb as yourself.

Now get a life boy and stop plastering this beautiful forum with dumb posts.
grin grin grin grin cheesy..... You just got worse again! I can't even comprehend anything u wrote! It seems you suffering from neurological disorder. Now I get, so I have been wasting my time to help a goat! Read the e.g about a goat again grin cheesy..... Its such a pity..... Now that you can't communicate effectively, and now know it's a body system problem. Will henceforth be replying you in May be a word, a sentence or few sentences. If it's a word u get, kindly check your dictionary for meaning. It's will be well explained to you. That's the only way to treat a foolish goat like you grin
Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by EvilMetahuman: 11:19am On Nov 03, 2017
greatseed:
grin grin grin grin cheesy .....You just got worse again! I can't even comprehend anything u wrote! It seems you suffering from neurological disorder. Now I get, so I have been wasting my time to help a goat! Read the e.g about a goat again grin cheesy..... Its it's such a pity..... Now that you can't communicate effectively, and now know it's a body system problem. [s] Will henceforth be replying you in May be a word, a sentence or few sentences.[/s] If it's a word u get, kindly check your dictionary for meaning. It's will be well explained to you. That's the only way to treat a foolish goat like you grin
Wow! My assessment's totally spot on.

who writes like this?
No paragraph, awful use of signs and symbols and very terrible grammar.
I can't even comprehend a thing.

Jesus! This is why we ask kids to stay in school.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Barca Eliminated From Champions League Group Stage For First Time In 21 Years / Samson Siasia & Sunday Oliseh At Rio Olympics, Brazil / Barca Women's Dominance May Be Bad For The Game - Sociedad Coach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.