Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,098 members, 7,807,291 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

Cursed Tomb Of Men Who Built The Great Pyramid Of Giza Opened To The Public(Pics - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Cursed Tomb Of Men Who Built The Great Pyramid Of Giza Opened To The Public(Pics (11023 Views)

Musa Sani, Boy Who Built A Replica Of Overhead Kano Bridge Gets US Scholarship / This Is How The Great Pyramid Of Egypt Were Built. / Why We Can't Employ The ATBU Graduate Who Built Drone - VC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cursed Tomb Of Men Who Built The Great Pyramid Of Giza Opened To The Public(Pics by Explorers(m): 6:41am On Nov 02, 2017
Archaeologists in Egypt have reopened a 'cursed tomb' containing the remains of the people who built the Great Pyramid of Giza to visitors.

It is the first time it has been opened to the public since its discovery almost 30 years ago.

The area dates back 4,500 years and is located in the 'tribal mountain' area, near the Pyramid of Giza.

THE REAL 'TOMB RAIDER CURSE'

In his book Valley of the Golden Mummies, archaeologist Zahi Hawass says that the tombs of the builders of the Great Pyramid of Giza included the warning:

'All people who enter this tomb who will make evil against this tomb and destroy it, may the crocodile be against them in water, and snakes against them on land.

'May the hippopotamus be against them in water, the scorpion against them on land.'

http://www.newsweek.com/ancient-egypt-tomb-cursed-giza-pyramid-workers-reopen-698463

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5041033/Would-dare-visit-Cursed-tomb-reopened-public.html
Lalasticlala, Mynd44

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cursed Tomb Of Men Who Built The Great Pyramid Of Giza Opened To The Public(Pics by HungerBAD: 6:42am On Nov 02, 2017
In his book Valley of the Golden Mummies, archaeologist Zahi Hawass says that the tombs of the builders of the Great Pyramid of Giza included the warning:

'All people who enter this tomb who will make evil against this tomb and destroy it, may the crocodile be against them in water, and snakes against them on land.

'May the hippopotamus be against them in water, the scorpion against them on land.'

What about us that just read the story?hope there is no CURSE for us too?if so let me UNREAD the story.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cursed Tomb Of Men Who Built The Great Pyramid Of Giza Opened To The Public(Pics by Nobody: 6:42am On Nov 02, 2017
angry

Oh I like it. At least it will help preserve the tomb for many years to come.

But if that tomb were to be somewhere in Nigeria, it would have been excavated looking for gold mine or oil especially now that Buhari is spending tax payers money digging for oil all over the north

6 Likes

Re: Cursed Tomb Of Men Who Built The Great Pyramid Of Giza Opened To The Public(Pics by Explorers(m): 6:42am On Nov 02, 2017
The Press Office of the Ministry of Antiquities shared the revelation on Instagram with a picture of the area, saying 'Opening the workers cemetery site at Giza Plateau to visit'.

Experts with the Ministry have been working to restore and develop the site as part of a plan to open more archaeological sites to the public to boost tourism.

The Giza Plateau Development Project includes the construction of a visitor's centre, administrative offices, and tourism and antiquities police centres.

Paving all the roads around the plateau and those connecting the entrance gate to the exit is also part of the first phase.

The newly opened area contains a cemetery of workers along with the graves of the supervisor of the royal palace, the supervisor of the construction workers and a man of significance who was buried with the workers.

The site has been closed off since 1990.

The pyramid, designed as a tomb of Pharaohs.

The Great Pyramid contains three burial chambers that were intended to house Khufu and the litany of goods and treasures he would take with him in the afterlife.

The Pyramid is estimated to have around 2,300,000 stone blocks that weigh from 2 to 30 tons each and there are even some blocks that weigh over 50 tons and the total weight of the Pyramid is estimated to be 6million tons.

The base spans over 13 acres of land.

Long thought to have been the work of thousands of slaves, but experts today believe 20,000-30,000 skilled laborers, including stone masons, engineers, architects, surveyors, builders, and other craftsmen, were conscripted to construct the Pyramid for over 20years.

For over 3800years straight, it held the worlds largest and tallest man-made structure.

The quarry at Aswan, about 525 miles upriver, was the site for the stone used to make the massive blocks that comprise the pyramid.

How the 2.3million stone blocks weighing 2-50tons each were cut, shaped, polished, transported over 500miles through deserts&river to the construction site and placed upon each other still remains a mystery.
Lalasticlala, Mynd44

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cursed Tomb Of Men Who Built The Great Pyramid Of Giza Opened To The Public(Pics by Explorers(m): 6:45am On Nov 02, 2017
In ancient Egypt, curses were placed on sacred objects and possessions to stop people, thieves, tomb raiders from disturbing them.

The curse is what will happen to anyone who doesn’t heed the warning.

The curse of the pharaohs will be cast on whoever disturbs the mummy or tomb of an ancient Egyptian.

The curse doesn't care if you're a serious-minded archaeologist or an opportunistic thief and the spell is especially powerful if the mummy happens to be a pharaoh.

Over the years, there have been numerous reports of cursed archaeological sites, where excavators and tomb robbers began to experience strange sensations, sudden illnesses, and even death after coming in contact with a mummy or an ancient Egyptian artifact.

Curses were placed on tombs as safety measures.

If the body, possessions,or burial place of the deceased was disturbed, then they wouldn't be guaranteed a peaceful afterlife.

The first people to fear mummy’s were Arabs who conquered Egypt in 641.

The Arab writer’s warned people never to tamper with the mummy’s or their tombs because they knew Egyptian’s practiced magic during the funeral ceremonies.

Inside of a sacred tomb contained ancient writings and paintings that showed mummy’s could return to the living and seek revenge.

The curse of the Pharaoh’s struck again with the opening of King Tut’s tomb in 1923, which launched the modern era of Egyptology.

This is the most famous case because many people at the original opening of the tomb died before their time under weird conditions a short time after the opening.

While working at the tomb Howard Carter, the lead of the project, sent a messenger to his house.

On arrival, he heard a faint cry and saw Carter’s canary being eaten by a cobra, the sign of the Egyptian monarchy.

The incident was reported by the New York Times in December of 1922.

Out of the 26 people at the opening of the tomb six died from mysterious causes.

Pictured is the 3,245-year-old unbroken seal that secured King Tutankhamun's Tomb when discovered by Howard Carter in 1922.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cursed Tomb Of Men Who Built The Great Pyramid Of Giza Opened To The Public(Pics by Nobody: 6:47am On Nov 02, 2017
I marvel at the ingenuity of ancient men though. Some people believe that complex works or architecture have been made easier in this present times than before but a lot of amazing discoveries are putting those thoughts into serious scrutiny.

I'll prefer wisdom of ancient people like Solomon to any other thing obtainable in this present times

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cursed Tomb Of Men Who Built The Great Pyramid Of Giza Opened To The Public(Pics by Queenlovely(f): 6:47am On Nov 02, 2017
God bless Nigeria

52 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Cursed Tomb Of Men Who Built The Great Pyramid Of Giza Opened To The Public(Pics by Aldebaran(m): 6:51am On Nov 02, 2017
Hmmm...
Re: Cursed Tomb Of Men Who Built The Great Pyramid Of Giza Opened To The Public(Pics by talk2riel: 7:16am On Nov 02, 2017
the Egyptian you see today you shall see them no more.

4 Likes

Re: Cursed Tomb Of Men Who Built The Great Pyramid Of Giza Opened To The Public(Pics by dafeyankee: 7:32am On Nov 02, 2017
Queenlovely:
I had to pull over while driving in Vladivostok Russia 5 years ago. Why? Because I wanted to cry. I saw the emptiness in life. There Are 7billion people on earth currently, some would die nameless. Some would be forgotten in no distant time. Only few people would do something worth remembering 2 centuries From now.
We don't remember the faces of the Hardworkers who built this edifice but their work outlived them. This legacy they left would never be forgotten.

You that is busy gathering for your unborn kids, remember your 5th or 7th generation wouldn't even recognise you anymore. All is vanity. Chase things that will last.

Things like what please?

People before us have done every thing that can make your name be written on gold.
Re: Cursed Tomb Of Men Who Built The Great Pyramid Of Giza Opened To The Public(Pics by mangala14(m): 7:35am On Nov 02, 2017
Egyptians jazz strong o but some peeps still don't believe this things

1 Like

Re: Cursed Tomb Of Men Who Built The Great Pyramid Of Giza Opened To The Public(Pics by Queenlovely(f): 7:47am On Nov 02, 2017
dafeyankee:

Things like what please?

People before us have done every thing that can make your name be written on gold.
there are record that Has never been broken. Everyday people are entering the Guinness book of record and yet you claim all has been achieved? Find your niche and live a lasting legacy. The world has problems to be solved
from cure for Aids, cancer, stem cell etc

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cursed Tomb Of Men Who Built The Great Pyramid Of Giza Opened To The Public(Pics by Ishilove: 7:47am On Nov 02, 2017
FortifiedCity:
angry

Oh I like it. At least it will help preserve the tomb for many years to come.

But if that tomb were to be somewhere in Nigeria, it would have been excavated looking for gold mine or oil especially now that Buhari is spending tax payers money digging for oil all over the north
Must you people spoil every thread with this Buhari nonsense? Can't you just take time out to appreciate and gain knowledge??

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cursed Tomb Of Men Who Built The Great Pyramid Of Giza Opened To The Public(Pics by Ishilove: 7:49am On Nov 02, 2017
FortifiedCity:
I marvel at the ingenuity of ancient men though. Some people believe that complex works or architecture have been made easier in this present times than before but a lot of amazing discoveries are putting those thoughts into serious scrutiny.

I'll prefer wisdom of ancient people like Solomon to any other thing obtainable in his present times
Better. Every intellectual discourse must not begin and end with Buhari

3 Likes

Re: Cursed Tomb Of Men Who Built The Great Pyramid Of Giza Opened To The Public(Pics by Kowor(f): 7:50am On Nov 02, 2017
Egyptians and curses tho.
Re: Cursed Tomb Of Men Who Built The Great Pyramid Of Giza Opened To The Public(Pics by Nobody: 7:53am On Nov 02, 2017
Ishilove:

Better. Every intellectual discourse must not begin and end with Buhari
It takes intelligence to know that Buhari is failing and the onus is on us to make zombies realize that
Re: Cursed Tomb Of Men Who Built The Great Pyramid Of Giza Opened To The Public(Pics by Samsimple(m): 7:55am On Nov 02, 2017
Omo i hope no bad luck for readers oooohh
Re: Cursed Tomb Of Men Who Built The Great Pyramid Of Giza Opened To The Public(Pics by Ishilove: 8:01am On Nov 02, 2017
FortifiedCity:
It takes intelligence to know that Buhari is failing and the onus is on us to make zombies realize that
So making the so called zombies realise his failure means every discussion should be derailed, even when the discourse is completely unrelated?

There's a word for that, and it isn't the adjective 'intelligence'.

6 Likes

Re: Cursed Tomb Of Men Who Built The Great Pyramid Of Giza Opened To The Public(Pics by uminem02(m): 8:07am On Nov 02, 2017
All these yeye politicians need to be thrown there...all the curses fall on them!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cursed Tomb Of Men Who Built The Great Pyramid Of Giza Opened To The Public(Pics by Nobody: 8:10am On Nov 02, 2017
Ishilove:

So making the so called zombies realise his failure means every discussion should be derailed, even when the discourse is completely unrelated?

There's a word for that, and it isn't the adjective 'intelligence'.
"Intelligence" is a noun, "Intelligent' is an adjective

13 Likes

Re: Cursed Tomb Of Men Who Built The Great Pyramid Of Giza Opened To The Public(Pics by Paulpaulpaul(m): 8:12am On Nov 02, 2017
Cursed tombs, the mistake of Edo Empire. The ancient should have cursed those artifact that were stolen by the wicked white people

2 Likes

Re: Cursed Tomb Of Men Who Built The Great Pyramid Of Giza Opened To The Public(Pics by okeyben10: 8:15am On Nov 02, 2017

1 Like

Re: Cursed Tomb Of Men Who Built The Great Pyramid Of Giza Opened To The Public(Pics by dingbang(m): 8:18am On Nov 02, 2017
Queenlovely:
I had to pull over while driving in Vladivostok Russia 5 years ago. Why? Because I wanted to cry. I saw the emptiness in life. There Are 7billion people on earth currently, some would die nameless. Some would be forgotten in no distant time. Only few people would do something worth remembering 2 centuries From now.
We don't remember the faces of the Hardworkers who built this edifice but their work outlived them. This legacy they left would never be forgotten.

You that is busy gathering for your unborn kids, remember your 5th or 7th generation wouldn't even recognise you anymore. All is vanity. Chase things that will last.
you are right. The things of the kingdom to come

1 Like

Re: Cursed Tomb Of Men Who Built The Great Pyramid Of Giza Opened To The Public(Pics by kay29000(m): 8:19am On Nov 02, 2017
Only those who believe in these curses will be affected by them.
Re: Cursed Tomb Of Men Who Built The Great Pyramid Of Giza Opened To The Public(Pics by kay29000(m): 8:24am On Nov 02, 2017
Queenlovely:

I love you for this comment. I'd love to be your friend.

1 Like

Re: Cursed Tomb Of Men Who Built The Great Pyramid Of Giza Opened To The Public(Pics by Ishilove: 8:27am On Nov 02, 2017
FortifiedCity:
"Intelligence" is a noun, "Intelligent' is an adjective
Grammar nazi, focus on the issue at hand.

1 Like

Re: Cursed Tomb Of Men Who Built The Great Pyramid Of Giza Opened To The Public(Pics by kay29000(m): 8:30am On Nov 02, 2017
Ishilove:

Must you people spoil every thread with this Buhari nonsense? Can't you just take time out to appreciate and gain knowledge??

Thank you o! I just tire for some nairaland people who always look for ways to rope Buhari's name into all that is bad in the world.

2 Likes

Re: Cursed Tomb Of Men Who Built The Great Pyramid Of Giza Opened To The Public(Pics by Nobody: 8:41am On Nov 02, 2017
Ishilove:

Proud people barely last in their productivity. Don't be proud. Just take the correction and move on.

Every opportunity should be used to remind people that Buhari is failing

11 Likes

Re: Cursed Tomb Of Men Who Built The Great Pyramid Of Giza Opened To The Public(Pics by Explorers(m): 8:57am On Nov 02, 2017
HungerBAD:

What about us that just read the story?hope there is no CURSE for us too?if so let me UNREAD the story.

Lol.
Re: Cursed Tomb Of Men Who Built The Great Pyramid Of Giza Opened To The Public(Pics by cybriz82(m): 9:02am On Nov 02, 2017
Queenlovely:

there are record that Has never been broken. Everyday people are entering the Guinness book of record and yet you claim all has been achieved? Find your niche and live a lasting legacy. The world has problems to be solved
from cure for Aids, cancer, stem cell etc

what about u?why haven't u find d solution for cancer cure.or don't u want to b rememberd for life? abi u dey forbid am ni

1 Like

Re: Cursed Tomb Of Men Who Built The Great Pyramid Of Giza Opened To The Public(Pics by sisisioge: 9:23am On Nov 02, 2017
How are mummies and burial sites entertaining? There's no way I would pass through that location let alone visit.
Re: Cursed Tomb Of Men Who Built The Great Pyramid Of Giza Opened To The Public(Pics by Nobody: 9:56am On Nov 02, 2017
Ishilove:

grin grin grin lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"149 Kuriga School Children Still Missing" - FIJ / Application For Niger Delta University's Screening Process Begins / National Open University (NOUN) Question And Answer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.