Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:55 AM

From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story (128496 Views)

Kogi Flood: 8 Days On The Road From Warri To Lokoja, Motorists Cry Out (video) / Driving Through The Streets Of Ghana - Beautiful Scenes Around Accra / Train Commences Haulage From Warri To Itakpe For AKK Gas Project (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Nobody: 5:51am On Nov 03, 2017
I gathered all the information I needed from Nigerians living in Finland, who I befriended through social media...I applied for a study place at these schools: University of Oulu, Environmental Engineering, Lapperranta University of Technology, Chemical Engineering and Aalto University....Guess what? I was rejected by ALL of them, even though I packaged my low cgpa with a sharp motivation letter and my Internship matters from Port Harcourt Refinery...My savings went below N1M already as I was getting more frustrated! I paid a short visit to my younger ones in Warri, and we were happily chatting away, when our last born mentioned that he had been talking with a Swedish girl on Facebook, but she wasn’t so interested in him because he was way younger than her, she was 25, he was 18.....I was 27 then wink I started smelling an opportunity in this kind of issue brotherly, I told him to share my Whatsapp contact with this girl...Guess What? cheesy this Swedish girl fell in love with me, I too, I fell in love with her because she just was opposite of our Nigerian girls, maybe that was one other factor, but you know one thing? “If Warri boy love you, he dey love finish oh LOL grin” we would later talk EVERYDAY on Skype etc.....I reapplied the following year to more schools in Norway, Finland and Estonia but I was REJECTED again! cry But me and my Swedish girl kept in contact! Comments please!!!! wink wink

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by kunzzy4me(m): 6:13am On Nov 03, 2017
Bro..I dey enjoy ur gist like anything pls fire on

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by KingBish(f): 6:30am On Nov 03, 2017
Make I kukuma park my land rover for this plot. I don dey waka through all sections since morning seeking an interesting thread. Op fire down

24 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Nobody: 6:32am On Nov 03, 2017
kunzzy4me:
Bro..I dey enjoy ur gist like anything pls fire on

Na so brotherly...I don too keep the story, I just gats throway am make e for help person for street cos “this life ehn, be like standing fan, as e blow me small, e go still blow you small”....safe smiley

26 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Nobody: 6:32am On Nov 03, 2017
KingBish:
Make I kukuma park my land rover for this plot. I don dey waka through all sections since morning seeking an interesting thread. Op fire down

Welcome my sister! I hail oh

6 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by brownlord: 6:43am On Nov 03, 2017
Even if na trekk you they trekk from Enerhen to Finland, you suppose don reach by now.

18 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Nobody: 6:51am On Nov 03, 2017
brownlord:
Even if na trekk you they trekk from Enerhen to Finland, you suppose don reach by now.

Lol why your blood dey hot grin relax na, men when dey street go don learn one or two so far from my matter....safe wink

14 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by adesbaba: 6:53am On Nov 03, 2017
FIRE ON...

2 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Nobody: 7:12am On Nov 03, 2017
It was like a film trick to me when my Swedish babe announced to me that she was coming to visit me in Nigeria shocked I had about one month to prepare for her coming, so I prepared an invitation letter for her, stating my address in Abuja then as reference. As a normal street man, I used my savings early enough in Ponzi at that time: MMM, Bitcoin etc... my savings had swelled to well over N2M, and I was making more money by just sitting on my laptop everyday, I once made 400k in one day on those sharp sharp ponzi...God bless Ponzi era!!! cheesy I was fortified for my Swedish girl’s visit so I flew to Lagos Airport to pick her up...Man, this oyibo chic was hot shocked I paid for 2 nights at one exclusive hotel near Lagos airport and gave this oyibo chic the kind of treatment I had never given my previous Naija girls, I’m sorry... sad With my legend plus pepper soup and samsu (Warri I hail oh) cheesy I gave this oyibo chic enough doze of my massive D*K wink we went to Abuja and had more fun, then she left back for Sweden, our relationship became as powerful as ever, she was practically obsessed with me....but I deeply loved her because of her simplicity, as schools in Scandanavia gang up against me to stop my MSc, I gats find way visit then.....Who is on the bus?? Oya comments grin

72 Likes 6 Shares

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by YungJo207(m): 7:23am On Nov 03, 2017
Nice one man,you are truly a hustler...what is it like in Finland? I heard almost all Eu countries are the same racism,some no work or you be be one IT person for Naija first...thinking of going to France or Solvekia if need be.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Spylord48: 7:32am On Nov 03, 2017
suomi1990:
It was like a film trick to me when my Swedish babe announced to me that she was coming to visit me in Nigeria shocked I had about one month to prepare for her coming, so I prepared an invitation letter for her, stating my address in Abuja then as reference. As a normal street man, I used my savings early enough in Ponzi at that time: MMM, Bitcoin etc... my savings had swelled to well over N2M, and I was making more money by just sitting on my laptop everyday, I once made 400k in one day on those sharp sharp ponzi...God bless Ponzi era!!! cheesy I was fortified for my Swedish girl’s visit so I flew to Lagos Airport to pick her up...Man, this oyibo chic was hot shocked I paid for 2 nights at one exclusive hotel near Lagos airport and gave this oyibo chic the kind of treatment I had never given my previous Naija girls, I’m sorry... sad With my legend plus pepper soup and samsu (Warri I hail oh) cheesy I gave this oyibo chic enough doze of my massive D*K wink we went to Abuja and had more fun, then she left back for Sweden, our relationship became as powerful as ever, she was practically obsessed with me....but I deeply loved her because of her simplicity, as schools in Scandanavia gang up against me to stop my MSc, I gats find way visit then.....Who is on the bus?? Oya comments grin

how did you go about with learning Finnish as a language please?
or do they use English to lecture there also?

4 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by brownlord: 7:36am On Nov 03, 2017
suomi1990:

Lol why your blood dey hot grin relax na, men when dey street go don learn one or two so far from my matter....safe wink

We they wait, no time to check time self

2 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by phenzy(m): 7:52am On Nov 03, 2017
Am waiting oooo comman finish what u have started

2 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Nobody: 8:06am On Nov 03, 2017
Spylord48:

how did you go about with learning Finnish as a language please?
or do they use English to lecture there also?

Yes they lecture in English, when you apply for English language taught courses..As for learning it, YouTube was my best friend, as well as google translate.

1 Like

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Nobody: 8:06am On Nov 03, 2017
phenzy:
Am waiting oooo comman finish what u have started

I dey with you
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Nobody: 8:11am On Nov 03, 2017
YungJo207:
Nice one man,you are truly a hustler...what is it like in Finland? I heard almost all Eu countries are the same racism,some no work or you be be one IT person for Naija first...thinking of going to France or Solvekia if need be.

Thanks for this question! I want everyone aspiring to come to Europe to do this in your own interest: Learn those trade we often neglect back home in Naija! Welding and fabrication, hair making, plumbing, if you have the means, learn to drive forklifts, trucks etc....you go blow scatter for here, I met a Yoruba guy who works as a forklift driver here, he’s doing extremely well and travels around the world for vacation with his family I haven’t experienced racism, the Finns are naturally shy and keep to themselves, France is way better than Slovakia, try to learn the language already on your own or pay to learn it if you can

My two cents!!

66 Likes 12 Shares

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by YungJo207(m): 8:16am On Nov 03, 2017
suomi1990:

Thanks for this question! I want everyone aspiring to come to Europe to do this in your own interest: Learn those trade we often neglect back home in Naija! Welding and fabrication, hair making, plumbing, if you have the means, learn to drive forklifts, trucks etc....you go blow scatter for here, I met a Yoruba guy who works as a forklift driver here, he’s doing extremely well and travels around the world for vacation with his family I haven’t experienced racism, the Finns are naturally shy and keep to themselves, France is way better than Slovakia, try to learn the language already on your own or pay to learn it if you can

My two cents!!

Your head is there,thanks man

16 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Spylord48: 8:48am On Nov 03, 2017
suomi1990:

My two cents!!

did you learn the language a bit before you travelled?

6 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 03, 2017
Spylord48:

did you learn the language a bit before you travelled?

Yes! I devoted 3hours per day on YouTube and several language websites to polish my skills to around 50%, I did this for over 5months, language is critical here, I knew this,and to penetrate the right people, you really had to communicate in their own language

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by mavinc4u(f): 9:10am On Nov 03, 2017
suomi1990:

Yes they lecture in English, when you apply for English language taught courses..As for learning it, YouTube was my best friend, as well as google translate.

Google translate will just scatter the meaning of some words for you. grin

18 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Nobody: 9:14am On Nov 03, 2017
mavinc4u:

Google translate will just scatter the meaning of some words for you. grin

You’re right! But it helps a lot too, I usually compare and contrast on a particular website too, I’ll post the link here later to help someone smiley

2 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by kachi19: 9:15am On Nov 03, 2017
brownlord:

E suppoz start frm PTI.

2 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by DisturbingEU(m): 9:18am On Nov 03, 2017
Following!

1 Like

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by kachi19: 9:21am On Nov 03, 2017
well i've been dating this finnish girl since the beginning of the year. and she really dislikes her country and would want to live somewhere else... finns are weird in general... that's why im ff this thread diligently lol

16 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Nobody: 9:27am On Nov 03, 2017
kachi19:
well i've been dating this finnish girl since the beginning of the year. and she really dislikes her country and would want to live somewhere else... finns are weird in general... that's why im ff this thread diligently lol

Yeah really weird people too...but when they love, they love with all their hearts and are straightforward....she probably hates the weather here, most people prefer the South of Sweden which has a manageable weather...

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by kachi19: 9:29am On Nov 03, 2017
suomi1990:

Yeah really weird people too...but when they love, they love with all their hearts and are straightforward....she probably hates the weather here, most people prefer the South of Sweden which has a manageable weather...

Omg they not quick to love yea really honest people. i know how i sweat to score this one but now na me com de run sef... yes!! the weather & how it mess with her body chemistry and all, saying i might not survive 2 weeks lol

10 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by bayocanny: 9:36am On Nov 03, 2017
KingBish:
O boy shocked na only u get all this package or u borrow am?

10 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Nobody: 9:38am On Nov 03, 2017
Ponzi runs don dey fail, MMM don hang unlucky people bar, I was smart to make my money early enough and pull out when it was weakening...My Swedish babe sent me an invitation letter and I proceeded to Abuja to pay all fees and run the whole visa thing myself...I had a godmother who packaged my account, I had around 2.5M then, she really packaged this application for me in such a way that I was nearly overconfident, I attached pictures of me and my Swedish babe too..just everything for a 2weeks trip to Sweden, I actually planned on coming back and not running away.. smiley about 2weeks later, I got an email from the Swedish embassy stating this: “Your intention to leave the territory of Schengen could not be ascertained from your application” angry FIRST DENIAL! angry being a dogged person, i reapplied again, this time with a letter from my babe’s family, my own family, and the company I was with then, this SECOND denial scatter my head again! I gave them a break for about 6months, my Swedish babe visited Naija again, being a sharp guy I took her to the embassy and told her to explain the situation to them.... cheesy wink

72 Likes 6 Shares

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Nobody: 9:41am On Nov 03, 2017
kachi19:

Omg they not quick to love yea really honest people. i know how i sweat to score this one but now na me com de run sef... yes!! the weather & how it mess with her body chemistry and all, saying i might not survive 2 weeks lol

Na so I hear when I come, you go survive jare...just dress properly, nothing dey sup..when they love, they can do ANYTHING

4 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by bayocanny: 9:42am On Nov 03, 2017
MackyNaija, baba I sight u o..

1 Like

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by bayocanny: 9:44am On Nov 03, 2017
suomi1990:
Ponzi runs don dey fail, MMM don hang unlucky people bar, I was smart to make my money early enough and pull out when it was weakening...My Swedish babe sent me an invitation letter and I proceeded to Abuja to pay all fees and run the whole visa thing myself...I had a godmother who packaged my account, I had around 2.5M then, she really packaged this application for me in such a way that I was nearly overconfident, I attached pictures of me and my Swedish babe too..just everything for a 2weeks trip to Sweden, I actually planned on coming back and not running away.. smiley about 2weeks later, I got an email from the Swedish embassy stating this: “Your intention to leave the territory of Schengen could not be ascertained from your application” angry FIRST DENIAL! angry being a dogged person, i reapplied again, this time with a letter from my babe’s family, my own family, and the company I was with then, this SECOND denial scatter my head again! I gave them a break for about 6months, my Swedish babe visited Naija again, being a sharp guy I took her to the embassy and told her to explain the situation to them.... cheesy wink
Smart move, oil dey your head

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by NONNYG: 9:44am On Nov 03, 2017
suomi1990:
warri no dey carry last, this na why I prefer practical than theory when I been dey schoolgrin

34 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA / Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries / Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.