Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,430 members, 7,781,254 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:21 AM

What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? (15427 Views)

Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song / Best Nigerian Albums Of The Decade / Who Is The Queen Of Nigerian Rap? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by beejaei: 4:56pm On Mar 20, 2010
9ja rap is wack. We are only good at Afro-beat, juju, and Fuji. Lets stick to waht we are good at.
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by Jobig(m): 5:02pm On Mar 20, 2010
For now mi is de best and best we ever have for true hip hop.mode9 is hardcore rap artist.ruggedman just fast talk plus sound.nigga raw is good,stil naija numero uno is MI
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by pappilo(m): 5:14pm On Mar 20, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Spazmodic - Terry tha Rapman & Modenine.

+1 to this

I was going to write this down and was really suprised to see someone else had mentioned it. Big tune but very slept on maybe cos rap wasnt (and still isnt) very big in Niaja when it was released.

In related news my brother semid4lyfe, I for like cop that album, e go dey Alaba? cos I don find am tire.
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by HJ1(m): 5:17pm On Mar 20, 2010
Caporegime:

@-H.J, is dat your opinion or a lecture? make up your mind, haba
u do d math,
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by say4gunit(m): 5:37pm On Mar 20, 2010
M.I-somebody wants to die.
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by Souljahboi: 5:58pm On Mar 20, 2010
SOUNDCITY CHOC BOYZ,
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by RoadStar: 6:09pm On Mar 20, 2010
Da Grin - Pon Pon Pon
U wan try ?
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by eleshin(m): 6:21pm On Mar 20, 2010
i'm hot___m.i
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by unclebros: 6:25pm On Mar 20, 2010
In no particular order of preference

Cry, Mode9
Peace or War, Ruggedman
Crowd Mentality, MI

Cant really choose out of this three, i guess they are the best
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by ilosiwaju: 6:37pm On Mar 20, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Spazmodic - Terry tha Rapman & Modenine.
ooh, why must you mention it before me? grin

1. Spazmodic- Terry tha Rapman ft Mode9.
2. Elbow room- Mode 9
3. Cry- Mode 9
4. Peace or war- Ruggedman
5. Wakawiki MCs- Eedris
6. Mo gbono felifeli(freestyle)- M.I.
7. Plenty Nonsense- Tribesmen
8. Craze world- Sound sultan
9. E gba mi- Triple B

favorites in no particular order.
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by aieromon(m): 7:09pm On Mar 20, 2010
Kai,so many baby hiphoppers in here.A ten year decade window and everybody's spittin' M.I,Mode and Ruggedman.
***Sorry,no comment***
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by eldee(m): 7:12pm On Mar 20, 2010
aieromon:

Kai,so many baby hiphoppers in here.A ten year decade window and everybody's spittin' M.I,Mode and Ruggedman.
***Sorry,no comment***

Simple, Nigerian hiphop is better now than it has ever been.
Are you trying to dispute that??
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by mjbaba: 7:23pm On Mar 20, 2010
best rap- Shina Peters in d album "Experience".
who remembers the rap=

Baby mi, shotigbo,
wo isale mi ko wo'eru
owo wa lowo, eru wa labe, ileke idi oti jabo, something like dat

LOL!!!!!
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by Day11(m): 7:33pm On Mar 20, 2010
grin angry NA SHINA PETERS
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by chelseabmw(m): 7:35pm On Mar 20, 2010
sorry i do not have any best nigerian rap song
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by aieromon(m): 8:10pm On Mar 20, 2010
@eldee
I don't dispute that fact.
All am sayin' is that most posters started hiphop when JaRule & Nelly were kings.
How many of them know that Mode was a member of SWAT Roots?how many of them know that Terry,6foot,OD,LD and Rukclin were killin' Mode on mixtapes?how many of them even remember Ruggedman for his ''What if'' track with Paul Play?
If you call out songs of Mode,M.I and Rugged as the best in a decade,you obviously just started hiphop.
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by lilamaka(f): 8:39pm On Mar 20, 2010
its MI plsssssssssssssssssssss
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by HJ1(m): 9:04pm On Mar 20, 2010
@aieromon. . Let's get somethin clear. Ruggedman did not do what if ('picture me') wit paul play. Paul play only told him to switch his flows wit a bit of nigerian slangs in it. And secondly, u just named OD, terry, mode, six foot and ruleclean (and not rukclin), since u know so much, wut happen to, jini, eldeexl, baron, solo d and a whole lot of others. Do u even know peeps like intrudah, nuttypin, timi, double o and all em other old dudes. Do u even know dat da grin has been in d game as far back as '02. So sayin bull bout people playlist wen wut u know aint even from them. And 4 d record, nobody in swatroot ever killed mode on a joint.
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by jidesp(m): 9:06pm On Mar 20, 2010
grin

Short Black boy by M.I
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by aieromon(m): 9:10pm On Mar 20, 2010
@h.j
Warreva undecided
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by GATSKILLZ(m): 9:15pm On Mar 20, 2010
Guyzzz! na meeee o! am the best 9ja ever had with ma singles title "error in da mistake" grin cheesy wink
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by eldee(m): 9:16pm On Mar 20, 2010
aieromon:

@eldee
I don't dispute that fact.
All am sayin' is that most posters started hiphop when JaRule & Nelly were kings.
How many of them know that Mode was a member of SWAT Roots?how many of them know that Terry,6foot,OD,LD and Rukclin were killin' Mode on mixtapes?how many of them even remember Ruggedman for his ''What if'' track with Paul Play?
If you call out songs of Mode,M.I and Rugged as the best in a decade,you obviously just started hiphop.

It's simple . . . best rap song since 2001.
Naija rap has never been this good . . . FACT!!!

They don't need to write an epistle on hiphop history.
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by HJ1(m): 9:17pm On Mar 20, 2010
@airemon . . I guessed as much. . Another airhead wit nothin else to say but BS.
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by Mayorking729: 10:07pm On Mar 20, 2010
Best rap song mmhh i'll give it to MI blaize
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by enroe(m): 11:40pm On Mar 20, 2010
Who said DBANJ earlier hahahaha, LOL, Well M I is d best for now just like ruggedman was but the best rap track i think i have heard in naija is SHAKE BODY by tribesmen. 1999,
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by iammodel(m): 11:55pm On Mar 20, 2010
Safe by M.I (fast rap, Rhymes with good flow)
"there can never be anoda rap this fly, it had to be done by anoda M.I"
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by tosinaded(m): 12:22am On Mar 21, 2010
I guess english na airemon prob!
Name your best since 2001, u dey recite epistle according to the history of hiphop

#itsnaija
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by eldee(m): 12:31am On Mar 21, 2010
tosinaded@:

I guess english na airemon prob!
Name your best since 2001, u dey recite epistle according to the history of hiphop

And Apostle OD said to his brethren and Mod The Baptist that ''ye I beseech thee, if thou maketh a verse and make it plain upon the tables, the children sharken harken unto thee . . . and we shall calleth our name the root of the swat and . . . and we shall detest merriment unto the law of our fathers . . . and behold, they hearkened unto his voice and sought the company and addition of six foot . . .' grin grin grin
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by styles2009: 12:47am On Mar 21, 2010
Peace or war- Ruggedman

Plenty Nonsense- Tribesmen

These two rap song are the best as we had a debate in school 12 years ago on plenty nonsense as Tribesmen open the eyes of all Nigerian Youth that we too could step up the Game of Rap.

Peace or War is a nice track also from the Baraje master himself.

Styles
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by Redman44(m): 1:28am On Mar 21, 2010
I'm really enjoying this thread smiley smiley Nigerian Hip-Hop continues to grow daily. I love Ruggedman, Mode 9 and M.I, but to me, the best Nigerian rap song of the decade is '' Kasala Go Burst '' by Rough, Rugged and Raw. Even Jacob Akinyemi Johnson of Rhythm FM acknowledged the fact that the song was creatively penned and recorded. For me, My pick is

'' Kasala Go Burst '' by Rough, Rugged and Raw. Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by henryhemon(m): 1:34am On Mar 21, 2010
Its definitely M.i,money,anoti e.t.c,M.I is a class act then ruggedman follows suit.
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by semid4lyfe(m): 2:04am On Mar 21, 2010
Lol. . .I've been listening to Naija rap/hip-hop since da days of Emphasis & I've followed all the progressions & developments uptill the present day but I still opine dat da dopest, illest, sickest, baadest (forgive the tautology) rap joint EVER (take note. . .not in the last decade) is Spazmodic by Terry tha Rapman & Modenine. That joint was just too dope. . .the beat lason was a CLASSIC. . .u can bob your head to only the instrumental all day long. . .the hook sef was maaad . . .(Hey yo terry, u got da mic loaded? spit a verse and make sure it's spazmodic. . .hey yo, Nine, u got da mic loaded. . .spit a verse and make sure it's spazmodic). The main rap sef na wa. . .From start to Finish, every single line na wordplay,  punchline & metaphor. . .da delivery sef was so on point. .! In short that track too mwaaah!

Dem sef know sey dem pari ise on top d joint, dats why they said at the end of da track dat it's not another one, it's just da ONE!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kizz Daniel, Davido - Twe Twe (Official Video) / Pinkyxxx Bad Bitch Video / 2Face Ft T-Pain - My Rainbow Remix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.