Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,394 members, 7,808,383 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? (15447 Views)

Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song / Best Nigerian Albums Of The Decade / Who Is The Queen Of Nigerian Rap? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by hermosa(f): 5:12am On Mar 22, 2010
I'd pick M.I's Crowd Mentality or Area anyday. M.I's the best rapper out there right now,
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by xammy(m): 7:47am On Mar 22, 2010
M.I or I.M, mode 9 or mode 8 - "awon to ra kon kon to pe ra won ni rappers"

Dagrin all the way - mosefuyin entertainment Present chief executiv omota - dagrin

best rap album
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by mikkyphp(m): 9:54am On Mar 22, 2010
ruggedman ft 9ice= Ruggedybaba
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by splashbaby(m): 10:19am On Mar 22, 2010
puskin:

DA GRIN. . . .Pon Pon Pon. . . . . . .dat song na FIRE!!!!!!!!!
The guy is really in a different class
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by mikkyphp(m): 10:47am On Mar 22, 2010
wait o, i love this one a whole lot o:
Da Drin in YQ's song, "e fi mi le"
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by cindy200(f): 10:51am On Mar 22, 2010
definitely m.i for me,

but cant choose btwn: i'm hot and drop it like its hot.

m.i is d gretest.
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by Bethlehem: 10:52am On Mar 22, 2010
MI's remix of Dbanj's I'M HOT is the hottest rap song of all time. Anyhow you look , it has to be Mr Incredible M.I.
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by geeman(m): 10:55am On Mar 22, 2010
its got to be M.I - 'Safe'
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by khanye(m): 12:01pm On Mar 22, 2010
Mode 9 - Contradiction
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by linoprada(m): 12:19pm On Mar 22, 2010
I'll give to "one leg up"by eedris abdulkareem, forget the controversy,its a pretty classic
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by maxtop(m): 12:44pm On Mar 22, 2010
Haruna Ishola, Odun kan grin grin grin
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by DoubleN(m): 1:04pm On Mar 22, 2010
The Topic says song of the decade (10 Years)!! To me o!,the song that changed the Rap game in Nigeria forever just has to be Rugged Man's- Ehen ft nomoreloss. It really brought sanity to the game.
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by D1KeleVra(m): 4:21pm On Mar 22, 2010
Bethlehem:

MI's remix of Dbanj's I'M HOT is the hottest rap song of all time. Anyhow you look , it has to be Mr Incredible M.I.

what more can be said. . . that track is HOT! M.I. is the best. . . his wordplay is splendid
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by jessefly: 4:43pm On Mar 22, 2010
EST RAP SONG I ADVISE U GUYS TO HEAR MI'S REMAKE OF DROP IT LIKE ITS HOT SEE JESSE JAGS ON THE BEAT
NIGGAS STUDY ME LIKE JAVA, OPEN LIKE A VULVA, U CANT C ME BUT AM THER LIK UR EYEBROW N SOME MORE
EVEN WIZZY CANT DROP THOSE LINES
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by abdurrazaq(m): 6:42pm On Mar 22, 2010
I have listened to a lot of classics in the last decade and I think almost all Nigerian Rappers has at least one track to remember them for: Last Man Standing, Make Dem Talk, Peace or War, Hip Hop, Don't Hate, Blaze, etc but, I have to applaud the lyricsm, delivery and the hook of a monster joint released in 2008 by one and only Modenine - NINE. Each time I listen to this track, something keep urging to put it on a replay. The Game by Overdose would have taken this spot if Modenine never released that track.

@semid4life, I think I have to listen to spazmodic though I've got the CD but, I got it late (2009)
@pappilo, I hink Pentium IX was re-printed last year, you can still get it (and original one) for Alaba. I got mine in Lagos Suburbs where you least expect to find CD like that.
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by tmubee(m): 7:40pm On Mar 22, 2010
Pileeeeeeease!!! "Elbow Room" by Mode Nine, best rap joint.
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by mayor007(m): 12:06am On Mar 23, 2010
Really hard to choose one outta these lot: 1. Africa - Modenine feat Tuface 2. Spazmodic - Modenine & Terry D Rapman 3. Somebody wants to die - MI 4. Big Bros - Ruggedman 5. Too much - DJ Jimmy Jatt 6. Street Hop - Thoroghbreds 7. Nine - Modenine 8. Crowd Mentality - MI 9. Hiphop - Modenine 10. Ghetto Dreams - DaGrin
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by dammybravo(m): 12:04pm On Mar 23, 2010
personally,it's definitely dj jimmyjatt ft mode9,2face,eladjo-STYLEE
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by kpolli(m): 2:31pm On Mar 23, 2010
so ur saying the best naija rapper for the decade is one who came out last yr, sho wa alrite?

well i wud give it to mode 9 or dead freestyle,
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by lexzybaba(m): 2:19am On Mar 24, 2010
Teaser by M.I
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by joeyfire(m): 11:50am On Mar 24, 2010
This is a very hard question to answer but here goes my two favourites:

1. Mode 9 Featuring Terry the Rapman - ''Spasmodic''

2. MI - ''Anoti''
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by obiksam(m): 8:58am On Mar 25, 2010
Oh is like you people have not heared about MO-HIT crew
D'banj
Ikechukwu
Wande cool
etc
Guys this crew is hiting it high in Naija
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by atilla(m): 10:05am On Mar 25, 2010
does nyone have a link to spazmodic cool
would love to hear the song
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by khanye(m): 3:23pm On Mar 25, 2010
atilla:

does nyone have a link to spazmodic cool
would love to hear the song

[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQQG3akgNkg&hl=en_GB&fs=1"[/flash]
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by ilosiwaju: 4:14pm On Mar 25, 2010
to illiterate rappers who cant pronounce or spell well
chauvinists, feminists sending me hate mail
mirror mirror, who's the hottest of them all?pray tell. . .
just love this song. . .
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by lekside44(m): 7:35pm On Mar 25, 2010
idris albukarim one leg up, mr lectural
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by dammiecool(m): 2:46pm On Mar 26, 2010
ehen hen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![i][/i]
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by templays(m): 3:29pm On Mar 26, 2010
For me, its definitely OYA by Tha Trybe,
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by broccx: 6:13pm On Dec 24, 2010
Modenine for sure !!! have you guys heard him?! Flawless, elbow room
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by Wordsmith(m): 4:32pm On Dec 25, 2010
Mode 9's Contradictions followed closely by Gino's Pain Plus Work. . .
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by Effiko(m): 5:17pm On May 30, 2011
tha suspect - i no send u remix {all star} , best song i heard 4 a long tym na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nairalanders, What Is Your Current Ringtone? / "Praise Medley" Music Video By Kefee (Who Died in June) / 2Face Ft T-Pain - My Rainbow Remix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.