Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,817 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:33 PM

My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help (25288 Views)

Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss / My Boss Wants To Date Me. What Should I Do? / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by COdeGenesis: 2:26pm On Nov 02, 2017
Help -one Of My Bosses Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again

I am currently in deep shit. I happen to work as an analyst with the overall manager of a company in Kaduna . I am a data guy and not really a Manger,not interested in being one either. Today, We needed information from the branch managers,3 of them to be precise. I was tasked with
ensuring they send the information on time.

I got a mail from the Regional office threatening to carry out disciplinary action if they didnt send the information. From the mail I got to find out our State is the only one that hasnt sent theirs.

So I sent a reminder to the Branch Managers requesting urgently for the said inputs, I told them the delay was becoming quite embarassing to the state and we need to send this information out urgently.

To my surprise a branch manager called me and clearly told me I shouldnt send him such mails again, he said I insulted his office and I can tell my boss what he said.

Fellas, Nairalanders, this is frustrating, i know I have issues with the way I dish out mails and I always sound too straight forward.

I feel like resigning, maybe it's not really my thing. I need advice on how to handle this issue before they probably gang up against me.

Someone help me push to FP

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by Raphael007(m): 2:52pm On Nov 02, 2017
Hello good day OP, I guess you where to direct and since you know he is your boss you probably should have chosen your words carefully, and also hit the nail on the head without sounding rude. My advice write him a short mail and apologize for the way you addresed the first mail that you where under alot of stress, Do not say pressure as that is one of those things that is supposed to make you better even in decision making that's one of the reason you where employed anyways.

117 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by COdeGenesis: 2:53pm On Nov 02, 2017
Raphael007:
Hello good day OP, I guess you where to direct and since you know he is your boss you probably should have chosen your words carefully, and also hit the nail on the head without sounding rude. My advice write him a short mail and apologize for the way you addresed the first mail that you where under alot of stress, Do not say pressure as that is one of those things that is supposed to make you better even in decision making that's one of the reason you where employed anyways.

THanks

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 02, 2017
Some of us have been there..... cheesy cheesy

Email and diplomacy. A less touted but significant part of office politics.

You want to email a Boss and lick his ass, while not letting the guy(s) in copy of the email know that you are a complete asshole licker cheesy cheesy

I can assume your email was offensive and disrespectful. There is a way you call people out in a subtle and gentle manner.....learn it, it will help you wink

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 02, 2017
Does he have power to sack you. if No,Worst he can do is assess you low during appraisal. Do your job with no fear, however with language caution

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by amunkita(m): 4:22pm On Nov 02, 2017
How can u just an ordinary data guy compel a manager, u re lucky he can't sack you else by now u would be seeking for a job.
The mail u made is quite disrespectful nd the tone was more of they don't know their job.

U ve a boss right Nd u ve heard of chain of command right.

Let ur boss know nd he would do the needful.

Even if u know the job better, don't outshine ur boss else ur career path would be full of torn.

24 Likes

Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by stillondmatter: 4:27pm On Nov 02, 2017
Being too blunt sometimes attracts trouble

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by dayleke: 4:47pm On Nov 02, 2017
Sorry OP...
Be more diplomatic next time

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by Olalan(m): 5:12pm On Nov 02, 2017
Like someone said apologize to him, stating you didn't mean to be rude or disrespect his office.
Forthwith I would advise you be be more diplomatic when sending mails to people especially when others are in the copy.

5 Likes

Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by free2ryhme: 5:34pm On Nov 02, 2017
COdeGenesis:
I am currently in deep shit. I happen to work as an analyst with the overall manager of a company in Kaduna . I am a data guy and not really a Manger,not interested in being one either. Today, We needed information from the branch managers,3 of them to be precise. I was tasked with

I got a mail from the Regional office threatening to carry out disciplinary action if they didnt send the information. From the mail I got to find out our State is the only one that hasnt sent theirs.

So I sent a reminder to the Branch Managers requesting urgently for the said inputs, I told them the delay was becoming quite embarassing to the state and we need to send this information out urgently.

To my surprise a branch manager called me and clearly told me I shouldnt send him such mails again, he said I insulted his office and I can tell my boss what he said.

Fellas, Nairalanders, this is frustrating, i know I have issues with the way I dish out mails and I always sound too straight forward.

I feel like resigning, maybe it's not really my thing. I need advice on how to handle this issue before they probably gang up against me.

Guy you f up big time dem no dey send mail for that kind thing

Call him to remind him because the mail will be embarrassing and implicating. If he gets a reprimand trust his people in position in the coy will make work tire you and unbearable

7 Likes

Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by RedDistrict: 6:00pm On Nov 02, 2017
Diplomacy bro! Diplomacy!
you'll be fine, just be more cautious when writing them next time.
Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by BRAV0O(m): 6:33pm On Nov 02, 2017
Raphael007:
Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by BiafranBushBoy: 7:03pm On Nov 02, 2017
lol... Tell him fvck you!!

Who do Bosses think they are?

I am always in hot argument with my line manager, that he had to go inform the MD. I was served a query, and I practically stated that I wasn't sorry for my action!!

You know what? Give me his number... I can tell him fvck you on your behalf.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by salford1: 7:05pm On Nov 02, 2017
if we dont see the content of the mail, how would people be able to tell you if you were in the right or wrong.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by 2dillu2(m): 7:05pm On Nov 02, 2017
And so undecided just do what he wants now
Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by loomer: 7:06pm On Nov 02, 2017
Tell your boss na.

I no even know why Nigerians companies no fit get central (official)email wet every body go fit dey use.

So that you go fit dey CC others
Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by lilfreezy: 7:06pm On Nov 02, 2017
Nairaland topics

"My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help! "

" My wife said i don't give her good orgasm, help!"

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by wristbangle: 7:07pm On Nov 02, 2017
Raphael007:

Dear OP, yield to the gentleman advice.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by GreatDreams: 7:10pm On Nov 02, 2017
Bro, if you are rude, you are rude. Perhaps u should work on your attitude, I understand u av a deadline but u should apply wisdom when talking to your superiors, man up and apologize if indeed u were being rude....if u resign and not change ur attitude, u will still experience the same thing in your next job.

10 Likes

Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by FuckFuckBoy(m): 7:10pm On Nov 02, 2017
Guess subtlety isn't your strongest point.Send him a mail apologising 4 ur Indiscretion

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by aktolly54(m): 7:11pm On Nov 02, 2017
Why not call them each to remind them in a friendly way and respectful manner instead of mail

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by asawanathegreat(m): 7:11pm On Nov 02, 2017
Ask governor Nasir El-Rufai he will advice u.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by FarahAideed: 7:11pm On Nov 02, 2017
They will soon jazz you

1 Like

Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by emeijeh(m): 7:11pm On Nov 02, 2017
When did nairaland become a guidance and counseling community?

4 Likes

Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by lollmaolol(m): 7:11pm On Nov 02, 2017
You need to schedule a serious one on one meeting with him.
Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by san316(m): 7:13pm On Nov 02, 2017
COdeGenesis:
Help -one Of My Bosses Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again

Why do you want to resign? Is the man not an employee as well?

Just work on your language and be more civil in sending mails to ur superiors.

That's all.

4 Likes

Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by don4real18(m): 7:13pm On Nov 02, 2017
Apologize
Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by Blitz888(m): 7:14pm On Nov 02, 2017
free2ryhme:

Guy you f up big time dem no dey send mail for that kind thing

Call him to remind him because the mail will be embarrassing and implicating. If he gets a reprimand trust his people in position in the coy will make work tire you and unbearable

You are spot on... OP should learn to do more of calls than mails.. People react differently to both cos of their implications that differ in impact.
Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by Pray(m): 7:15pm On Nov 02, 2017
Send him memo
Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by enemyofprogress: 7:15pm On Nov 02, 2017
COdeGenesis:

the bastard said you should tell your boss what he said, what are you waiting for,go ahead and report the mother foka
Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by brizzybrizzz(m): 7:15pm On Nov 02, 2017
you were too direct you said it yourself, mails n texts are sensitive and could easily be misinterpreted so next time you dish out a mail especially to your superior who normally take respect highly be sure be sure to polish in a way to suit their ego.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ghanaian Trainee Nurses Dance After Their Allowances Were Restored / How Much Are You Making As An Internet Content Creator? / Between Ibinabo Fiberesima And The State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.