Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,961 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help (25289 Views)

Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss / My Boss Wants To Date Me. What Should I Do? / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by 4everGrand(m): 8:11pm On Nov 02, 2017
CodeGenesis...u know too much code to d extent u think say code started wit u, wehdone sa.

On a more serious note though, apologize to him and learn to be more courteous in your mails. I was once like you, even gave a sharp response to someone's mail until peeps came to me and said 'do u know who .... is?'

Not everything is white and black, the same message could be passed in different forms and modes thereby generating favorable responses or unfavourable reactions.

Be guided bro, you go climb ladder too.
Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by vascey(m): 8:15pm On Nov 02, 2017
It sounds rude.
You didn't have to tell your seniors that their delay is embarrassing to the state.
You didn't demonstrate email ethics nor show respect.
As someone suggested, either send a rejoinder to all the former recipients apologizing for your tone or send an individual email followed by a call.
This kind small thing dey spoil person career o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by Viking007(m): 8:20pm On Nov 02, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:
lol... Tell him fvck you!!

Who do Bosses think they are?

I am always in hot argument with my line manager, that he had to go inform the MD. I was served a query, and I practically stated that I wasn't sorry for my action!!

You know what? Give me his number... I can tell him fvck you on your behalf.
cheesy

Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by royalamour(m): 8:34pm On Nov 02, 2017
Next time you should compose the content as though you were reminding them.

It is very important you learn the corporate art of communication. Very important.

Cheers!
Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by Nobody: 8:35pm On Nov 02, 2017
olaolaking:
You are off point sir. The op want a solution/suggestion to solve the current problem.

Oya come and beat me!
Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by hanassholesolo: 8:45pm On Nov 02, 2017
COdeGenesis:
Help -one Of My Bosses Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again

lol, he sends mail for something that is so important. chai. You are not allowed to make phone calls? grin grin
Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by umarwy(m): 8:50pm On Nov 02, 2017
My Naija people sha.

Speaking the truth has now become being too direct.

Good luck op. When in Rome
Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by Adadioranma79(f): 8:53pm On Nov 02, 2017
Today, We needed information from the branch managers,3 of them to be precise. I was tasked with
ensuring they send the information on time

Since you know why the information was urgently needed and prolly have the idea of what the information shud have included, noticing your managers werent responding and it was going to have consequences, all you had to do was draft the mail, send to your managers for final scrutiny and approval, then they can forward the mail as theirs. All it wud have caused you was the same time and energy you used in sending the rude mail to your superiors. You wud have felt better and more appreciated knowiing you saved the branch some embarrassment. It doesnt require much to be more, shows good initiative and responsibility. Thats how promotion comes dear. Best of luck.
Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by Freeman59: 8:55pm On Nov 02, 2017
COdeGenesis:

I am currently in deep shit. I happen to work as an analyst with the overall manager of a company in Kaduna . I am a data guy and not really a Manger,not interested in being one either. Today, We needed information from the branch managers,3 of them to be precise. I was tasked with
ensuring they send the information on time.

I got a mail from the Regional office threatening to carry out disciplinary action if they didnt send the information. From the mail I got to find out our State is the only one that hasnt sent theirs.

So I sent a reminder to the Branch Managers requesting urgently for the said inputs, I told them the delay was becoming quite embarassing to the state and we need to send this information out urgently.

To my surprise a branch manager called me and clearly told me I shouldnt send him such mails again, he said I insulted his office and I can tell my boss what he said.

Fellas, Nairalanders, this is frustrating, i know I have issues with the way I dish out mails and I always sound too straight forward.

I feel like resigning, maybe it's not really my thing. I need advice on how to handle this issue before they probably gang up against me.

Someone help me push to FP

Bro send him a mail. He can't do shit. He knows he can't put those words to you in writing that's why he called. Continue sending the reminders, the fool will respond. If he doesn't, then your reminders will serve as your defense
Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by obi3ce: 8:58pm On Nov 02, 2017
a reputable real estate firm based in lagos is in need of graduate marketers between the age of 24-35. interested persons should send their cvs to codstone@yahoo.com.
Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by alt3r3g0: 9:07pm On Nov 02, 2017
You should have just forwarded the mail and said "gentle reminder as per mail below".

Anyways, depending on his person, just apologize.
Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by jibs4lv(m): 9:14pm On Nov 02, 2017
You might be rude in your approach, we all read your own side of the story but never know the other end,how can someone tell you to stop sending mail been whom you are to him and vice versa. Guy tell us the part two of the story.
Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by 06013276dc(f): 9:26pm On Nov 02, 2017
NairaSand:
Some of us have been there..... cheesy cheesy

Email and diplomacy. A less touted but significant part of office politics.

You want to email a Boss and lick his ass, while not letting the guy(s) in copy of the email know that you are a complete asshole licker cheesy cheesy

I can assume your email was offensive and disrespectful. There is a way you call people out in a subtle and gentle manner.....learn it, it will help you wink

WorldBest Ass Licker,your time is coming
Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by Lero15(m): 9:37pm On Nov 02, 2017
lilfreezy:
Nairaland topics

"My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help! "

" My wife said i don't give her good orgasm, help!"
Looool cheesy cheesy
Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by ikevictor: 9:45pm On Nov 02, 2017
Next time a senior manager sends an instruction to a junior manager through you; kindly forward same mail to the junior manager and use this line "Dear sir, i just received below mail from manager xxxx....please advise." and if he keeps quiet, call him on the phone and use the line"Sir, i just called to confirm if you received my mail"

That way you smartly stay out of trouble...

As for you mail...that was fvcking rude...i imagine what you would do as a senior manager if you can be this rude in your mail to a superior and have mouth to say that "you are straight"

Learn some respect bro, cos if those bosses have bad belle for you trust me...you will willingly resign in less than 6 months from that office even if the chairman is your uncle.

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 02, 2017
COdeGenesis:

I am currently in deep shit. I happen to work as an analyst with the overall manager of a company in Kaduna . I am a data guy and not really a Manger,not interested in being one either. Today, We needed information from the branch managers,3 of them to be precise. I was tasked with

I got a mail from the Regional office threatening to carry out disciplinary action if they didnt send the information. From the mail I got to find out our State is the only one that hasnt sent theirs.

So I sent a reminder to the Branch Managers requesting urgently for the said inputs, I told them the delay was becoming quite embarassing to the state and we need to send this information out urgently.

To my surprise a branch manager called me and clearly told me I shouldnt send him such mails again, he said I insulted his office and I can tell my boss what he said.

Fellas, Nairalanders, this is frustrating, i know I have issues with the way I dish out mails and I always sound too straight forward.

I feel like resigning, maybe it's not really my thing. I need advice on how to handle this issue before they probably gang up against me.

@OP..

First things first. Look for a senior who is close to your boss and fuckin swallow your pride and beg like your Job depends on it. because it does.

Next time take some cues on emotional intelligence.. learn to grow outside being a technical drone.. there is more to business than being a tool

1: You are the problem - Read The Art of War Office Politics can slay you or bail you. A simple "Gentle Reminder" is enough, you are not paid enough to make that decision or carry that responsibility. You pass your boundary. Don't be a nerd "REALPOLITIK"
2: Stop limiting yourself.. Data Analysts are a dime and a dozen these days - what gets you above the cut is your Managerial Skills not your ability to slice and dice data. You will one day aspire to become a Business Intelligence Manager (Data->Information->Knowledge-->Insight). Expand your confidence so you do not remain an analyst
Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 02, 2017
this is more like an emotional intelligence issue
Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by jeronimo(m): 10:08pm On Nov 02, 2017
First of all you were only a messenger and you had to pass a message. The problem I think may have been the way you composed the mail. Next time forward the message as sent from your regional manager then start with " as requested in the mail below....".

Then subsequent reminders should include previous mail in the trail.

Don't forget to use words like "kindly", "gentle reminder", "thanks in anticipation", etc I mean try to be a polite as possible even if you are sending it to subordinate.

Don't think of resigning it's part of growing up in the corporate world. Hope this helps. Cheers

1 Like

Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by hahn(m): 10:10pm On Nov 02, 2017
COdeGenesis:

Go and read "48 laws of power" by Robert Greene and thank me later
Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by AntiWailer: 10:29pm On Nov 02, 2017
majekdom2:
Does he have power to sack you. if No,Worst he can do is assess you low during appraisal. Do your job with no fear, however with language caution

And u think if he assess him low for 3 appraisal periods he will still have a job ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by AntiWailer: 10:31pm On Nov 02, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:
lol... Tell him fvck you!!

Who do Bosses think they are?

I am always in hot argument with my line manager, that he had to go inform the MD. I was served a query, and I practically stated that I wasn't sorry for my action!!

You know what? Give me his number... I can tell him fvck you on your behalf.

Yes .

Any body can confront his line manager if it is a useless job.

A job that your line manager can inform the MD is definitely a one man business.

Try that nonsense in a big corporate organization. He will write that they move u to another department and u might float until u get sacked..

When u get your dream job, confront and get queries.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by Nobody: 10:32pm On Nov 02, 2017
AntiWailer:

And u think if he assess him low for 3 appraisal periods he will still have a job ?

he is not his direct manager. HR these days even show you how each employee appraises you and advice on how you can better relate with the ones that gave a not too good appraisal. In the end, it will be a resolved case!
Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by AntiWailer: 10:36pm On Nov 02, 2017
majekdom2:
he is not his direct manager. HR these days even show you how each employee appraises you and advice on how you can better relate with the ones that gave a not too good appraisal. In the end, it will be a resolved case!

See u need to learn a lot.

That is why a lot of careers are stagnant.

That he is not your direct line manager does not make him less influential in determining your destiny in the organization.

You will not be there when u are to be roasted. Your line manager and managers in his cadre will be there.

When the organization want to downsize, The decision will not be left to his manager alone cos of emotional attachment and sentiment.

When u work in a big organization where moderation is done, u will understand this better.

I am not talking about 1 man company with MD next door.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by BiafranBushBoy: 10:37pm On Nov 02, 2017
AntiWailer:

Yes .

Any body can confront his line manager if it is a useless job.

A job thatvuour line manager can inform the MD is definitely a one man business.

Try that nonsense in a big corporate organization. He will write that they move u to another department and u might float until u get sacked..

When u get your dream job, confront and get queries.

Most businesses in Nigeria are mainly one man businesses na cheesy
Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by AntiWailer: 10:39pm On Nov 02, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

Most businesses in Nigeria are mainly one man businesses na cheesy
Lol.

Don't and never confront ur boss. No matter how good u are.

It will take you very far in your career.

That is the first rule in the 48 laws of power.

"Never outshine your master."
Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by Yesbody: 11:03pm On Nov 02, 2017
Is he mad ?
Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by 400billionman: 11:08pm On Nov 02, 2017
COdeGenesis:

Learn how to be diplomatic.

Use office terminology which means something but sounds another thing.

Since the regional head is tasking you for reports from 3 of your superiors, the burden is not on YOU, but on the 3 BRANCH MANAGERS. It is not your father's job and it is not EMBARRASING like you stated. You sounded frustrated with your choice of words, so they will help you frustrate yourself.

Next time, FORWARD the originating mail from the Regional Manager to the 3 branch managers and COPY the Regional Manager.

Stating, " Sirs, the above mail is for your advice or For your input or For your information "

Then go and sleep..

If the regional manager sends a reminder, forward the reminder to the 3 managers and copy the regional head again.. thats ur work.

If you put yourself on the line, they will use you and shine. Just ensure the regional head knows you are forwarding his mails to them by copying him. Thats all. If he didn't send a mail, demand a mail.

3 Likes

Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by emmyN(m): 11:22pm On Nov 02, 2017
I guess others have given you the reply you need. Well, after you're done cleaning this mess, get Dale Carnegie's book, 'How to win friends and influence people' and read
Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by 400billionman: 11:24pm On Nov 02, 2017
lilfreezy:
Nairaland topics

"My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help! "

" My wife said i don't give her good orgasm, help!"

Yeyebrity nairaland
Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by Dymaco(m): 11:49pm On Nov 02, 2017
COdeGenesis:

THanks
write him an apology email and at the end bring up the issue of data submission.

I am a professional email writer. I can write such email for you for a token
Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by mamawin(f): 1:23am On Nov 03, 2017
Raphael007:
Hello good day OP, I guess you where to direct and since you know he is your boss you probably should have chosen your words carefully, and also hit the nail on the head without sounding rude. My advice write him a short mail and apologize for the way you addresed the first mail that you where under alot of stress, Do not say pressure as that is one of those things that is supposed to make you better even in decision making that's one of the reason you where employed anyways.
Very useful points, but why 'where' instead of 'were'? Please note
Re: My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help by awa(m): 3:08am On Nov 03, 2017
You should have called them on phone and thereafter write something like Dear Sirs, as discussed over the phone shortly, here's a soft reminder.

I am sure that could have been much better next time.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ghanaian Trainee Nurses Dance After Their Allowances Were Restored / How Much Are You Making As An Internet Content Creator? / Between Ibinabo Fiberesima And The State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.