Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,524 members, 7,808,906 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:12 PM

URGENTLY In Need Of Gigabyte Motherboard Power IC - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / URGENTLY In Need Of Gigabyte Motherboard Power IC (2024 Views)

Lwhere Can I Get Lenovo E520 Power Ic In Phc / Case studies : It Is Not Always The Power Ic / ✈✳✅ Gigabyte Gaming Laptop Core I7 3gb Nvidia Gtx 16gb Ram 1tb Hdd+ 128gb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

URGENTLY In Need Of Gigabyte Motherboard Power IC by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 02, 2017
My laptop POWER IC spoilt on Sunday. I've gone to any place in Onitsha but they don't seem to have the power IC. The laptop name is GIGABYTE laptop. They said the IC is rare to find, but I'm sure it'll be in Lagos. Any laptop seller/dealer/repairer here that can buy the IC and waybill it for me to Onitsha?
Re: URGENTLY In Need Of Gigabyte Motherboard Power IC by Aminu212: 8:02am On Nov 03, 2017
pics of the ic
Re: URGENTLY In Need Of Gigabyte Motherboard Power IC by udemzyudex(m): 9:18am On Nov 03, 2017
Betmaster3:
My laptop POWER IC spoilt on Sunday. I've gone to any place in Onitsha but they don't seem to have the power IC. The laptop name is GIGABYTE laptop. They said the IC is rare to find, but I'm sure it'll be in Lagos. Any laptop seller/dealer/repairer here that can buy the IC and waybill it for me to Onitsha?

Some laptop do share the same power ic, all u have to do is check the number written on it and post it here, if you don't know how to locate the power ic, just take it to a laptop engineer.

If you snap it, one might not see the number written on it cos they are always small.

Just write out the number
Re: URGENTLY In Need Of Gigabyte Motherboard Power IC by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 03, 2017
udemzyudex:

Some laptop do share the same power ic, all u have to do is check the number written on it and post it here, if you don't know how to locate the power ic, just take it to a laptop engineer.

If you snap it, one might not see the number written on it cos they are always small.

Just write out the number

That's the IC number bro
P280880 Help a brother out
Re: URGENTLY In Need Of Gigabyte Motherboard Power IC by Nobody: 12:29pm On Nov 03, 2017
Aminu212:
pics of the ic

Re: URGENTLY In Need Of Gigabyte Motherboard Power IC by Nobody: 12:32pm On Nov 03, 2017
Please you guys should help me out
Re: URGENTLY In Need Of Gigabyte Motherboard Power IC by udemzyudex(m): 12:51pm On Nov 03, 2017
Betmaster3:

That's the IC number bro
P280880 Help a brother out

Something like this?
Re: URGENTLY In Need Of Gigabyte Motherboard Power IC by udemzyudex(m): 12:55pm On Nov 03, 2017
[quote author=Betmaster3 post=62034283][/quote]

Ok this is not power ic, it's a 8 leg mosfet, power mosfet.

I want to know the situation of the laptop, it doesn't power on at all right?

Did it got burnt and need replacement, what makes u think this is the problem.

Secondly if it didn't get burnt, when u plugin your charger does the mosfet get hot?
Re: URGENTLY In Need Of Gigabyte Motherboard Power IC by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 03, 2017
udemzyudex:

Something like this?
Yes bro
Re: URGENTLY In Need Of Gigabyte Motherboard Power IC by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 03, 2017
udemzyudex:

Ok this is not power ic, it's a 8 leg mosfet, power mosfet.

I want to know the situation of the laptop, it doesn't power on at all right?

Did it got burnt and need replacement, what makes u think this is the problem.

Secondly if it didn't get burnt, when u plugin your charger does the mosfet get hot?

It got burnt and needs replacement. Full current burnt it sir
Re: URGENTLY In Need Of Gigabyte Motherboard Power IC by udemzyudex(m): 3:51pm On Nov 03, 2017
Betmaster3:

It got burnt and needs replacement. Full current burnt it sir

Something made it to get burnt, it's a power supply mosfet, located around the charging port I guess.

If I can see where it got burnt, I can tell u exactly what to do, that's if u can do it.

All this P mosfet and N mosfet can be replaced even without putting the exact type.

If you know how to read the number I.e even and odd number and the one that stand for P or N mosfet.

If the burnt is around the charging port, then something else caused it to burn, first u need to replace that thing before replacing this one.
I'd like to see the pic of the burnt.
Re: URGENTLY In Need Of Gigabyte Motherboard Power IC by Nobody: 5:31pm On Nov 03, 2017
udemzyudex:

Something made it to get burnt, it's a power supply mosfet, located around the charging port I guess.

If I can see where it got burnt, I can tell u exactly what to do, that's if u can do it.

All this P mosfet and N mosfet can be replaced even without putting the exact type.

If you know how to read the number I.e even and odd number and the one that stand for P or N mosfet.

If the burnt is around the charging port, then something else caused it to burn, first u need to replace that thing before replacing this one.

I'll call you later sir
Re: URGENTLY In Need Of Gigabyte Motherboard Power IC by udemzyudex(m): 11:00pm On Dec 07, 2021
udemzyudex:

FOR REFERENCE PURPOSE

I'm posting this for reference purpose, in case someone else search for this ic in future, it is not readily available because you can only get it from some specific motherboard unless you order for it.

This is not the regular type of P channel or N channel mosfet which you can replace with any one, but there is a way you can go about it.

Just follow the pictures.

(1) (Reply)

CCT vs NIIT / Hp Pavilion G6 Full Body Case Needed / Download This Free Ebook And Learn Computer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.