Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,445 members, 7,808,593 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

Are Teenage Girls Exploited By Modeling Agencies? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Are Teenage Girls Exploited By Modeling Agencies? (1334 Views)

Should I Go Into Modeling (how Do I Look) / Should Teenage Girls Wear Makeup? / Modelling Agencies In Benin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are Teenage Girls Exploited By Modeling Agencies? by surinzer: 5:10pm On Mar 18, 2010
hi
every body

this time my topic is on teenage girls between (13-19 yrs),  let me hope this goes down well with modeling agencies.
my topic this time says, do the teenage girls have to go through casting scoops to the extent of sacrificing, http://qqve.com/Thread-Are-teenage-Girls-Exploited-by-Modeling-Agencies?pid=719#pid719
Re: Are Teenage Girls Exploited By Modeling Agencies? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Mar 18, 2010
most models have to go through a casting, whether they are 55 or 10yrs old. the catch is to make sure that there is ALWAYS an adult with them if they are underage or a very immature 18yrs old.
there are also guidelines now about underage models to have chaperons with them at all times especially if the shoot is at night or you are on location away from home .

to be a model is the exploitation of ones image anyway, the whole modeling industry is based on that.

the problem unfortunately is that now the models are getting younger and they expect a child to dress/behave and do acts that are meant for adults i.e. 10yr olds wearing g strings etc!

(1) (Reply)

I Made This Necklace From A Rubber Placemat!! You Need To See How!!! / How Absurd It Is To Wear Gowns For The Rest Of Your Life. / Picture Of The Day: Give This Hairstyle A Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.