Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,806 members, 7,802,576 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

With A Nigerian Passport, You Can Apply For A Turkish E-visa!! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / With A Nigerian Passport, You Can Apply For A Turkish E-visa!! (5566 Views)

Nigeria Removed From List Of Countries Eligible For Turkish E-visa / Turkey Delists Nigeria From E-visa Eligibility / How To Apply For Turkish E.visa From Nigeria . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

With A Nigerian Passport, You Can Apply For A Turkish E-visa!! by naijanomads: 11:11am On Nov 03, 2017
Tedious visa application processes are struggles Nigerian passport holders are awfully familiar with. As a Nigerian, applying for visas can be so stressful. The struggle begins right from downloading and filling the visa forms. I remember researching the procedure for obtaining an Indonesian visa. After seeing what it entailed, I immediately put my EAT.PRAY.LOVE dreams on hold. It almost seems impossible to live your best travel life with this passport. People say the reason for this is our international reputation. I agree that our international reputation isn’t one to emulate however, some of these visa processes are just plain ridiculous!

My personal visa struggle experience was with the Canadian embassy. I got my first rejection. Here I was, working as an associate in reputable law firm in Nigeria with a good travel history. I had lived in England as a student for over a year and never breached any visa conditions. It was shocking to say the least and it burnt a hole in my heart. The ground for rejection was “no ties with my home country”. It was so strange because this application was a family one. I applied with my parents and my sister. While my parents’ application was granted, my sister’s application got rejected as well (though she had visited Canada the previous year).

A country becomes more attractive when the visa process is easy and Turkey is one of such countries with an easy visa process. It’s even better when all we need to do is show up and get the visa on arrival! These days, most Nigerians will opt for destinations with less visa struggles than their counterparts with tedious processes. A visa process should be a prerequisite and not a barrier to entry.

My first visit to Turkey was in 2012. I flew to Istanbul from London via Turkish Airlines and I got my visa on arrival. It was exciting as this was my first visa on arrival country. Back in London, prior to my trip, I visited the embassy physically in spite their website having all the relevant information. I was (still am) a Nigerian passport holder and I did not want to take any chances. I imagined a scenario where after paying for my ticket, booking accommodation and relevant tours I get told at the airport “this visa on arrival option is not applicable to Nigerian passport holders”. Haaaaaaaaaaaa! This clearly had me shook and I headed straight to the Turkish embassy! After I heard from the “horse’s mouth” aka embassy officials, I was more comfortable. Subsequently, I prepared for my trip and ensured I met all the necessary requirements.

Five years after my first visit, I got invited for a Thermal Tourism Conference in Pamukkale and I discovered the visa process had changed. Nigerian passport holders can no longer obtain visas on arrival. You are now required to get an E-visa before departing Nigeria. Side Note: It’s important to stay up to date with the visa processes because things change quickly. I applied for my E-visa here www.evisa.gov.tr/en/. and it’s the easiest visa I’ve had to obtain to date.

Though the visa on arrival option is not open to Nigerians anymore, the E-visa process is very easy. Here are a few things to note before you begin.

Have all your information handy; passport details, address, phone number, etc.
You’ll require an international debit or credit card to make payment for the visa.
You’ll need to have a valid U.K., USA, Ireland or Schengen visa. These visas must be multiple entry.
Your flight must be on Turkish Airlines, Onur Air, Atlasglobal or Peagasus.
Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months and have free pages for stamping.

APPLYING FOR YOUR TURKISH E-VISA

STEP 1
Your application begins on www.evisa.gov.tr. You’ll be required to select your country of your travel document and the type of document i.e Diplomatic passport, Special Passport, Ordinary Passport.

STEP 2
Once you select your arrival date in Turkey, the platform automatically works out 180 days which is your validity period. However you can only stay for a maximum of 30 days. Additionally, your visa is a single-entry visa i.e you can only enter the country once on that visa.

STEP 3

There are prerequisites for obtaining this e-visa and you have to meet these conditions to be eligible.
- You are traveling for the purpose of tourism and business
- Valid supporting document (valid visa or resident permit) from one of the Schengen countries, USA, UK or Ireland.
- Valid passport for at least 6 months from the date of your arrival into turkey
- Return ticket, hotel reservation and at least 50 pounds per day throughout the duration of your stay.
- Round trip ticket with Turkish Airlines, Pegasus Airlines, Onur Air or Atlasglobal Airlines.

STEP 4 & 5

Enter all your personal information and ensure you verify this. Once you click on verify, you’ll receive an email.

PAYMENT

Finally, you’ll be required to pay for your E-visa via the link sent to your email. Unfortunately, Nigerian cards don’t work here. I tried using three different cards and they just did not work. You’ll need an international debit or credit card to pay for your E-visa.

Unfortunately, you’ll need an international card to pay for your Visa.

YOUR E-VISA IS READY

Most times, visa processes determine my destination of choice and you are likely to see me explore countries with an easy visa process. What has been your easiest visa process yet? As a Nigerian passport holder, visa struggles are so close to home; though we might not have experienced any, someone around us has! I’ll love to read your visa experiences good or bad.

For more information check out the full post on http://naijanomads.com/destinations/naija-nomad/turkey-trip/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: With A Nigerian Passport, You Can Apply For A Turkish E-visa!! by Nobody: 11:35am On Nov 03, 2017
I have taken note!

1 Like

Re: With A Nigerian Passport, You Can Apply For A Turkish E-visa!! by naijanomads: 3:05pm On Nov 03, 2017
Rolly83:
I have taken note!

LMAO. Glad you found the post useful.
Re: With A Nigerian Passport, You Can Apply For A Turkish E-visa!! by lonlytroy(m): 4:43pm On Nov 03, 2017
How will you get the visa after paying online
Will they mail it to you or you pick it up at the embassy
Re: With A Nigerian Passport, You Can Apply For A Turkish E-visa!! by Nobody: 5:21am On Nov 04, 2017
lonlytroy:

You don't get the visa before arrival....you print a slip from their self service machines and tender the slip to the immigration service when leaving the airport.

Either way, you don't get a sticker on your passport.
Re: With A Nigerian Passport, You Can Apply For A Turkish E-visa!! by naijanomads: 7:11am On Nov 26, 2017

You don't get the visa before arrival....you print a slip from their self service machines and tender the slip to the immigration service when leaving the airport.

Either way, you don't get a sticker on your passport.

Hi, this is not the case anymore. We are not able to get visas via their self serve machines. The visa is sent to your email immediately after payment
Re: With A Nigerian Passport, You Can Apply For A Turkish E-visa!! by naijanomads: 7:14am On Nov 26, 2017
lonlytroy:

Hi, You get your visa in your email which you'd have entered while filling the online form. You can either print it out or show them a copy on your phone at the airport. I did the latter.
Re: With A Nigerian Passport, You Can Apply For A Turkish E-visa!! by jobaadedire(m): 12:49am On Nov 27, 2017
Good day to you,i really apreciate this Information.would like you to explain more on the international credit card,is it a dollar card issued by a Nigerian bank or a foreign credit card issued abroad
Re: With A Nigerian Passport, You Can Apply For A Turkish E-visa!! by naijanomads: 7:52am On Dec 01, 2017
Hi, its a foreign card issued abroad. We tried three cards, two Nigerian naira cards and one Nigerian dollar card, none of them worked.
jobaadedire:
Good day to you,i really apreciate this Information.would like you to explain more on the international credit card,is it a dollar card issued by a Nigerian bank or a foreign credit card issued abroad
Re: With A Nigerian Passport, You Can Apply For A Turkish E-visa!! by lonlytroy(m): 11:40pm On Dec 02, 2017
Can I apply for a Turkish e visa on a virgin passport

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Flight To Belize From Lagos / Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! / What You Need To Start A Travel Agency In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.