Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,894 members, 7,806,613 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:04 PM

Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? (48686 Views)

Best Federal University To Study Engineering / Is Further Mathematics Compulsory To Study Engineering In Nigeria? / Top 10 Universities For Information Technology Career In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Nov 03, 2017
1bunne4lif:
engineering? FEDPONEK IS THE PLACE TO BE

We are talking of Universities and you are mentioning polytechnic. How disrespectful angry
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by OmoDavido(m): 4:31pm On Nov 03, 2017
There are only two universities in Nigeria.

University of Lagos and others...

University of first choice and Nations pride. The only University in Nigeria with a lagoon. The lagoon among other attractive places in the school also serves as a sight of tourist attraction for foreigners.

All hail Unilag

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by franudi: 4:32pm On Nov 03, 2017
Nnamdi Azikiwe University,Awka. Is the best.
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by TheVictorious(m): 4:32pm On Nov 03, 2017
Naijacost22:
[b]You actually put Covenant University that just started engineering 3 years ago and still has no Masters or PHD in engineering. I have a feeling you graduated from Covenant university and that would explain your dumb choice of putting Covenant university on this list.[/b]

This is a senseless, uninformed and the same time a hate-filled comment. First Covenant Uni is 15 yrs and counting, with countless Ph.D. degree graduates, of which the Present VC and Registrar of the university are among. That said, you not many of your federal universities can compete favorably with Covenant at what they do. Enough said.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by mathkid(m): 4:35pm On Nov 03, 2017
bettercreature:
You only send your enemy to that school not your loved ones
well if thats your thinking......
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by TheVictorious(m): 4:35pm On Nov 03, 2017
writerights:
Apparently, most universities in Nigeria aren't worth the stress of aquiring a B.sc, B.tech or B.eng from. However, some of these schools have beamed rays of hope that maybe someday, we may compete favourably with the rest of the world as regards technology. These schools include:

1. University of Lagos

2. Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife

3. University of Nigeria, Nnsuka

4. University of Ibadan, Ibadan

5. Covenant University, Ota

6. Federal University of Technology, Akure

7. University of Benin, Benin

8. Federal University of Technology, Owerri

9. Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria

10. University of Ilorin, Ilorin

Feel free to object constructively.

Is this ranking following the particular numbering order and if yes, by what criteria did you come up with the ranks?

By the way, I like the emboldened words you used: "feel free to object constructively"

Statsocial, what do you think?
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by mrvitalis(m): 4:36pm On Nov 03, 2017
muller101:
most can't repair or maintain let alone go into innovation.
What he repair and maintaince got to do with innovation?

If you want practical go to the polytechnics or technical school

But I bet you what ever you think you can repair I would ask you 10 fundamental questions about it and you won't get one
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by mathkid(m): 4:36pm On Nov 03, 2017
victorakpabome:

My friend keep quiet. Uniben should be number 1 on the list
thats your level of thinking i guess
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 03, 2017
writerights:
Apparently, most universities in Nigeria aren't worth the stress of aquiring a B.sc, B.tech or B.eng from. However, some of these schools have beamed rays of hope that maybe someday, we may compete favourably with the rest of the world as regards technology. These schools include:

1. University of Lagos

2. Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife

3. University of Nigeria, Nnsuka

4. University of Ibadan, Ibadan

5. Covenant University, Ota

6. Federal University of Technology, Akure

7. University of Benin, Benin

8. Federal University of Technology, Owerri

9. Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria

10. University of Ilorin, Ilorin

Feel free to object constructively.

Which of those schools have u visited to see their engineering labs n workshops angry
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by finest0007(m): 4:38pm On Nov 03, 2017
muller101:
U mean engineering theories. I attended a technical college where University students come over for their industrial training. Most of them mumu die
Which technical college? PTI?
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by bobjack(m): 4:40pm On Nov 03, 2017
mgbadike81:
no university in Nigeria is worth studying computer science or information technology in it worth more of more resources demanding courses like engineering.
Brother i am 100% with you. No school is fit to conduct any computer science program in Nigeria. Can you imagine lecturers writing codes on blackboards. Am so sick of this shit.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by waveman2: 4:42pm On Nov 03, 2017
How did you arrive at your statistics, or are u just guessing. And you are a graduate.
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by finest0007(m): 4:42pm On Nov 03, 2017
OmoDavido:
There are only two universities in Nigeria.

University of Lagos and others...

University of first choice and Nations pride. The only University in Nigeria with a lagoon. The lagoon among other attractive places in the school also serves as a sight of tourist attraction for foreigners.

All hail Unilag

I'm actually aspiring to be in Unilag this month after my sojourn in UNIBEN but if this is all that you can praise Unilag for; a bloody lagoon then I won't even apply to Unilag, if I didn't know better

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by muller101(m): 4:43pm On Nov 03, 2017
mrvitalis:

What he repair and maintaince got to do with innovation?

If you want practical go to the polytechnics or technical school

But I bet you what ever you think you can repair I would ask you 10 fundamental questions about it and you won't get one
bro I am an engineering graduate as well after going through auto repairs and working on steam engines for power generation I came to realize that most engineering graduates are really missing a lot
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Cyberrex(m): 4:48pm On Nov 03, 2017
and yet futminna has the best chemical engineering department in west Africa
linus op
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by OmoDavido(m): 4:48pm On Nov 03, 2017
finest0007:

I'm actually aspiring to be in Unilag this month after my sojourn in UNIBEN but if this is all that you can praise Unilag for; a bloody lagoon then I won't even apply to Unilag, if I didn't know better

Baba shift lemme see road.

If you want to really learn engineering come to Unilag. And have you heard about "Prof Mowete" ... no? Please google search that name to see for yourself.!

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 03, 2017
finest0007:

Unilag is known for prostitution and fake life only
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by LegendaryArnold(m): 4:49pm On Nov 03, 2017
mathkid:
Oba awon university(OAU) should be no 1 on that list
20 years ago, not now

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by trojan84(m): 4:50pm On Nov 03, 2017
muller101:
F1 race car indeed grin
I also saw it ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by tolesky(m): 4:50pm On Nov 03, 2017
Naijacost22:
You actually put Covenant University that just started engineering 3 years ago and still has no Masters or PHD in engineering. I have a feeling you graduated from Covenant university and that would explain your dumb choice of putting Covenant university on this list.
Says who? Covenant university has made solar powered, bikes since year 2011 and is that not engineering?

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by mfm04622: 4:51pm On Nov 03, 2017
moscobabs:
Yabatech and Ibadan poly are better in Engineering than all these so called Universities

You really don't know the difference (in purpose) between Universities and Polytechnics! In the real sense, Polytechnics don't offer Engineering courses! Yes, the courses are called **** Engineering, but they are not! It Is like saying you studied Law in a polytechnic!

School no be school!
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by trojan84(m): 4:51pm On Nov 03, 2017
muller101:
F1 race car indeed grin
I don't think he is sure about what he said
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Nov 03, 2017
tolesky:

Says who? Covenant university has made solar powered, bikes since year 2011 and is that not engineering?

Bikes whose battery life can only last 10 minutes. That one na bike? Abeg shift
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by finest0007(m): 4:52pm On Nov 03, 2017
OmoDavido:

Baba shift lemme see road.

If you want to really learn engineering come to Unilag. And have you heard about "Prof Mowete" ... no? Please google search that name to see for yourself.!

So why was the lagoon the only thing your fish brain advertised initially

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by mfm04622: 4:52pm On Nov 03, 2017
celestialAgent:
There is nothing TOP about those sub-standard schools you mentioned there.

Before you quote me, you must be ready to provide one Internationally Recognized Engineering Invention any graduate/professors of these schools has made.

Before you asked for what the school had produced, ask how much was given for RESEARCH! Not for teaching, but research. We forget that Universities are meant to research and teach.
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 03, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Which of those schools have u visited to see their engineering labs n workshops angry

I don't know how many universities webometric or 4ICU visit before making their lists of over 10, 000 institutions. When you find out, do let me know.
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by muller101(m): 4:54pm On Nov 03, 2017
trojan84:

I also saw it ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
who test run am na. Michael Schumacher?
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 03, 2017
PrecisionFx:

I believe their products speak for their respective institutions.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by finest0007(m): 4:55pm On Nov 03, 2017
victorakpabome:

Unilag is known for prostitution and fake life only

Na you talk am o
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 03, 2017
tishbite41:
op, remove covenant university immediately.

Lol what are you saying When any of those schools can top in just one research topic globally then they should come back here and brag. For your information Covenant is the number one University in Renewable energy(wind), Corrosion and Carbon steel in the world. Go ask Elsevier
What has your public universities got to offer?

TheVictorious pls don't mind them jare. I would give it to Covenant and Abuad most of these public Universities are just all about nonsense theories the rest na just name.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 03, 2017
TheVictorious:

Is this ranking following the particular numbering order and if yes, by what criteria did you come up with the ranks?

By the way, I like the emboldened words you used: "feel free to object constructively"

Statsocial, what do you think?

That covenant university boy? He would be here soon to convince everyone on how CU is the university to beat and how it would take over from MIT in 5 years from now. grin

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 03, 2017
mathkid:
Oba awon university(OAU) should be no 1 on that list

The university where engineering students write codes on paper instead of using systems and sending it to an IP address?

No way bro

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Most Popular Barber In OAU Barbs In His Convocation Gown (pics) / Adenle Adetunwase: 4 Guinness World Records Holder (Photos) / Hilarious Final Year Sign Out: Check Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.