Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,638 members, 7,801,843 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations (12617 Views)

Atiku In Enugu, Meets Igbo Leaders / Southwest On Standby As Igbo Leaders Protest Obi’s Choice As Atiku Running Mate / Buhari In Benue: Tiv People Not Happy With You – Akume Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by Alariiwo: 9:23pm On Nov 03, 2017
kn23h:

Federalism can't work in Iboland. That will be the death of Ibo unity.

Remember that hating Yorubas and Northerners brought Ibos a sense of unity. Without the outliers, they only have themselves to hate.

GBAM !!

You've said it all.

Hating Yorubas and Hausas is the only thing that unites them. Collective sense of development is alien to them.

17 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by kn23h(m): 9:24pm On Nov 03, 2017
stanluiz:
Go and develop Osun,ibadan.

We are wink

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by kn23h(m): 9:26pm On Nov 03, 2017
“Our neighbours now mock us. Ironically we have developed other lands and ignored our own. If only we invest 40 percent of our investment in just other parts of Nigeria, Igbo land would be the economic heart of Africa. We are determined to rebuild and develop the Igbo nation.

I found this hilarious. Why?

1. Ibos think building shops is developing other lands

2. Ibo clowns on this website think 'developing other lands' means they're taking over those lands grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by stanluiz(m): 9:29pm On Nov 03, 2017
Chai afonja creating and masturbating on igbo thread go and get a life don't be jobless. Fool who has never cross river Niger will be saying that se is not developed according to what Ibadan media tells you. Cc fko81,,prodigy,uglyafonja,raker300,cstr300.

13 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by kn23h(m): 9:32pm On Nov 03, 2017
“all over the world. About 80% of Igbo wealth is in the Diaspora. We invest outside the country without coming back home. We need to adopt the “think home philosophy”, come back home and develop our land.

Lying to yourself about a sense of investment outside of your region isn't visionary nor will it help the poor igbo man out there.

Can one man or woman provide the names of the investments or the igbo companies than has more networth than honeywell (a Yoruba comapany) grin grin grin

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/nigeria-angry-igbos-growth-development-former-minister/

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by kn23h(m): 9:33pm On Nov 03, 2017
stanluiz:
Chai afonja creating and masturbating on igbo thread go and get a life don't be jobless. Fool who has never cross river Niger will be saying that se is not developed according to what Ibadan media tells you. Cc fko81,,prodigy,uglyafonja,raker300,cstr300.

Keep kwayet and grow up. angry

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by kn23h(m): 9:36pm On Nov 03, 2017
1. My brothers and sisters, permit me to share a story with you. Recently I attended a ceremony of an illustrious Igbo leader, somewhere outside Ala-Igbo, while at the event, a brother walked up to where I was and said to me: Governor, our people (Ndigbo) are trapped outside our lands something must be done to get them back home. Our elders have refused to go home, even after retirement. Our towns and cities are deserted. Our people are now organizing traditional marriages of their children outside our land. Something has to be done.

http://www.abiastate.gov.ng/news/how-can-we-develop-ala-igbo-by-governor-okezie-ikpeazu/

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by stanluiz(m): 9:36pm On Nov 03, 2017
cc ikpummadu
Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by kn23h(m): 9:39pm On Nov 03, 2017
As a result of the security concerns of Ndigbo of Lagos, in addition to other reasons, many of our leading lights refused to relocate to the east even after over 70 years of successful navigation of God’s world. Since the days of the great Zik of Africa, M.I Okpara, Jaja Nwachukwu etc, those wishing to meet Igbo leaders no longer come to Ala Igbo to see them. They now travel to Lagos and Abuja to consult Igbo leaders. Igbo leaders have also deserted Enugu.

When they think they're doing Hausas, but they're only underdeveloping their own lands.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by kn23h(m): 9:40pm On Nov 03, 2017
Most of us even don’t have voters cards in Igbo land and only acquire one when we decide to come home and contest for one office or another.
To worsen our security challenges, as we are coming we bring thugs and other miscreants to Igbo land to protect us and campaign for us without minding the influence of these imported thugs on the local youths.

We also advertise wealth so negatively that our youths feel that all they need to succeed is to travel to Lagos or Abuja. More often that not, these youths end up under Lagos/Abuja bridges where they acquire all sorts of criminal indoctrination. When they have fully graduated they return to the east and practice their evil skills.

From Abia state government.

Are these the miscreants claiming to develop Lagos? grin grin

Igbos feel they need to travel to Yorubaland to survive and make money.

http://www.abiastate.gov.ng/news/how-can-we-develop-ala-igbo-by-governor-okezie-ikpeazu/

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by stanluiz(m): 9:41pm On Nov 03, 2017
kn23h:

Keep kwayet and grow up. angry
Bleep out nigga.kid you has never travel out of his brown roof region will come to nairaland to spew trash because of 10 mb.Ignorance is your problem and apart from Lagos the other states in the west is backward rural villages.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by kn23h(m): 9:41pm On Nov 03, 2017
stanluiz:
Bleep out nigga.kid you has never travel out of his brown roof region will come to nairaland to spew trash because of 10 mb.Ignorance is your problem and apart from Lagos the other states in the west is backward rural villages.

Go chow.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by kn23h(m): 9:42pm On Nov 03, 2017
stanluiz:
cc ikpummadu

Tell him and his brothers to come. I will whiplash them too.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by uglyafonja: 9:43pm On Nov 03, 2017
stanluiz:

Abeg leave those mad people brown roof dwellers

10 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by kn23h(m): 9:47pm On Nov 03, 2017
I was home during 2009 Christmas season and I was worried about the kidnapping becoming a sole property of Ndi-Igbo, so I started asking questions. I was told by many people that many Igbos were involved in the Niger Delta agitations for improved amenities in the oil producing communities and when President Musa Yar’Adua granted amnesty to the militants, the Niger Delta militants shoved the Igbo militants aside, their brothers that helped them during the struggle and the billions earmarked for rehabilitation eluded the Igbo militants. I was told that these dejected militants of Igbo extraction were left in the lurch after the hard struggles and now they have no option than to continue kidnapping to make a living and to attract attention. If

http://saharareporters.com/2010/06/27/kidnapping-why-igbos-are-involved

How can Ibo traders bring their shop back to Iboland when SE leaders neglect to deal with insecurity problems?
Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by kn23h(m): 9:52pm On Nov 03, 2017
Nigeria has lost moral compass, but in Igbo land, the problem is monumental. We have no more existing culture we can be proud of as I write. We are copy cats especially the Igbos and it is difficult to talk of morality in the face of poverty.

This explains Ibo's mumuism for Kanu
Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by kn23h(m): 9:53pm On Nov 03, 2017
Displaying of wealth in Nigeria, especially in Igbo land is worrisome. Folks want to outdo each other and this crave for wealth display can be responsible for kidnapping, just to make money at any means. Money buys you anything in Igbo land; I mean anything, ranging from truth, respect, justice to women. Without money, one has no voice and respect in Igbo land.

Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by kn23h(m): 9:54pm On Nov 03, 2017
When these governors want to reach out, they reach for the wrong people who are craving to come home due to their dwindling fortunes in overseas. Curbing kidnapping will start with provision of future for these youngsters. Hardly kidnapping takes place in Nigeria nowadays without the involvement of the Igbos.
Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by kn23h(m): 9:57pm On Nov 03, 2017
Many Igbo traders men and women hardly keep business traders contractual agreements. The powerful takes it all and this kind of cheating can lead to killing or kidnapping. It is not uncommon for an Igbo business man telling his business partner after a successful business transaction that he will appropriate the profit and the other will not do “s—t”. Hear him. “I will take all the profit and if you make any noise, I will arrest you and even all members of your family and lock you up”. The other weak fellow will not leave it lie in that manner and the next thing is to arrange a killing squad or kidnapping force.

How can trading thrive in Iboland when traders hardly keep to their contractual agreement?

Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by TheArchangel(f): 9:59pm On Nov 03, 2017
This is a classic case of compulsive obsessive disorder. Igbo obsession is real.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by stanluiz(m): 10:13pm On Nov 03, 2017
Chai some Yoruba folks are seriously obsessed they won't open a thread to discuss their problems especially the ritual killings ravaging the whole sw cities because it is becoming a culture and a normal way of life. Many ritual cases in the west are been reported every week but they will see it and pretend they did not see it but always to masturbate on igbo matter. You people will die of inferior complex.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by Nobody: 10:20pm On Nov 03, 2017
kn23h:

You're going offtopic, but thanks for not making a point.

Does it give you the shivers.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by kn23h(m): 10:27pm On Nov 03, 2017
stanluiz:
Chai some Yoruba folks are seriously obsessed they won't open a thread to discuss their problems especially the ritual killings ravaging the whole sw cities because it is becoming a culture and a normal way of life. Many ritual cases in the west are been reported every week but they will see it and pretend they did not see it but always to masturbate on igbo matter. You people will die of inferior complex.
TheArchangel:
This is a classic case of compulsive obsessive disorder. Igbo obsession is real.

Let's sit here and pretend that Ibos aren't obsessed with Yorubas. I emplore anyone to open any Biafran article and watch how many times Ibos mention Yoruba cool

This is not the topic of disucssion. We're asking a simple question. Inferior ko outferior ni grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by kn23h(m): 10:28pm On Nov 03, 2017
President Goodluck Jonathan has sent military and Police men and women to the South Eastern States, but that is not the lasting solution to armed robbery and kidnapping in the South East and elsewhere. Yes, these evil groups have to be confronted headlong, but opportunities have to be opened up for these youngsters and injustice corrected. The Igbo Governors have to understand that it is under their watch that South East has assumed the sobriquet of no go area, dens of armed robbery and kidnapping; very bad for their résumés.

Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by kn23h(m): 10:30pm On Nov 03, 2017
It is terrible in Igbo land and our governors think that all is well. Time for lip service has gone, jobs and jobs must be created, values imparted in these youths and it is only then that the population of Igbo youths in armed robbery and kidnapping will be somewhat depleted.

I thought NL ibos say that everyone is a billionaire in Iboland. The lies and deceit.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by kn23h(m): 10:35pm On Nov 03, 2017
I mentioned earlier in this essay the lacuna of value system in the nation, but more severe in Igbo Land. What is happing in Igbo Land is also a verdict that the family system has collapsed. The era of not putting a family to pillory has gone forever, no integrity and no name to protect any more. These armed robbers and kidnappers come from families and shame to the parents of these criminals. A rogue is a rogue any time and anywhere and if evil is not in ones DNA, it will not manifest no matter the condition

Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by kn23h(m): 10:36pm On Nov 03, 2017
Unfortunately we have no role models in Igbo land. The politicians are some of the sources of evil, because some of them buy guns and equip these lost souls, to fight their opponents and after elections, it becomes difficult to get these lethal instruments from these idiots who agreed to be used. We need a national orientation and there is no zone that is critically in need of it than the South East. People go as far as kidnapping a reverend father, killing in the church of God and ceasing people on their way to churches. Again, job opportunities, value orientation, moderations from our politicians and tight security will stop this atrocity called kidnapping. When I was growing up, my parents kept track of my associations with the outside world. Igbo communities should do away with praising and worshipping wealth without scrutinizing the sources of the wealth. Our life styles stink.

Iwuanyanwu writes from Los Angeles, California.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by ayzTIGER: 10:40pm On Nov 03, 2017
This is food for thought. I hope you understand before its too late.

"To me personally, I believe that Sw it's the least progressive region in the country despite all their claims. My reasons being they literally the only region that didn't have any hindrance ( something they pride themselves with) yet all the regions that did (ss, se and north) are literally neck to neck to them in all the statistic provided. That's speaks alot sadly, especially we now see they decorate the poo out of their papers before presenting it. A shame if you ask me."
From ikechuob

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by kn23h(m): 10:42pm On Nov 03, 2017
ayzTIGER:
This is food for thought. I hope you understand before its too late.

"To me personally, I believe that Sw it's the least progressive region in the country despite all their claims. My reasons being they literally the only region that didn't have any hindrance ( something they pride themselves with) yet all the regions that did (ss, se and north) are literally neck to neck to them in all the statistic provided. That's speaks alot sadly, especially we now see they decorate the poo out of their papers before presenting it. A shame if you ask me."
From ikechuob

Am I supposed to take the words of an anti-Yoruba tribalist on NL as important. Go and sleep.

I'm here quoting your governors, you're here quoting a jobless NL goon grin

10 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by kn23h(m): 10:44pm On Nov 03, 2017
The hipocrisy of Ibo people and the underdevelopment of Iboland

1. Claims Yorubaland is not developed, but you find them in Lagos, Ibadan and Akure.

2. Claims to develop PH, Lagos and Abuja, but Iboland has no "no man's land"

3. All tech hubs and ICTs are found in Yorubaland, none in Iboland

4. Claims to be business tycoons, but most businesses are situated in Yorubaland and owned by Yorubas.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by Nobody: 10:44pm On Nov 03, 2017
Amarabae:
Yes. That's why they should copy south west that are busy developing their regions drum.
Maybe we are fools ,fayose the kpomo cutter is our hero grin,ajimobi is greater than all our governors in SE grin.our region will never develop as far as we are running from our cursed barren land that is flowing with breastmilk and spermgrin
na so!

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by ayzTIGER: 10:47pm On Nov 03, 2017
kn23h:

Am I supposed to take the words of an anti-Yoruba tribalist on NL as important. Go and sleep.

I'm here quoting your governors, you're here quoting a jobless NL goon grin
hey! take the message and leave the messenger.

The truth hurts!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Don't Compare Buhari with OBJ, Obasanjo Brought Corruption In Nigeria -Orji Kalu / Reps Committee Turned Back Ministries With Unspent 2020 Budget / Nkem Okeke’s Aides Reject APC, Pledge Loyalty To APGA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.