Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,925 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:35 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4423130 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1107) (1108) (1109) (1110) (1111) (1112) (1113) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:11am On Sep 02, 2014
[quote author=Henry240][/quote]

Nope I have already shown rooivalk is superior

It is more maneuverable, has a bigger operational footprint, flys higher and climbs faster

It carrys more ordinance

It carrys better ordinance

It has a better offensive avionics suite

It has a better defensive avionics suite

It has better navigational equipment

And let's not even talk about the better battlefield characteristics of the rooivalk

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 7:20am On Sep 02, 2014
SOUTH AFRICAN MADE WEAPONS NOT ASSEMBLED IN SOUTH AFRICA

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 7:21am On Sep 02, 2014
NOT A MARATHON ARMY OR A SPRINTER ARMY BUT A PROFESSIONAL ARMY

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 7:23am On Sep 02, 2014
SOUTH AFRICAN NATIONAL DEFENCE FORCE

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 9:59am On Sep 02, 2014
SANDF

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 10:29am On Sep 02, 2014
Henry120:

You expect me to reply this again, I'm just going to repost and continue to repost my comments, as you do same.

You begged U.S navy commandos to come help you with common Rhino poachers, despite your lazy special forces and limousine airforce been deployed.

- your irresponsible soldiers regularly mutiny and carry out strikes.

- your country fled C.A.R in defeat at the hands of kids and farmers.

- and you top the murder capital of the world.
http://www.theguardian.com/cities/gallery/2014/jun/24/10-world-cities-highest-murder-rates-homicides-in-pictures

- your government negotiated and gave up all their land to terrorists.

- 11% of the minority white population, run 85% of the economy.

DO I HAVE TO REMIND YOU? ONLY FOUR FORMER NAVY SEALS CAN NEVER FIGHT RHINO POACHING. THEY CAME TO SA AT THEIR OWN ACCORD FOR TELEVISION SHOW (DSTV)

AGAIN, DO I HAVE TO REMIND YOU WHO RUNS TO AMERICA FOR HELP.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 02, 2014
patches689:

We only left after FOMAC said we couldn't launch a counter-offensive

I will post counter sources this evening

There is absolutely nothing you can post to counter anything. We know, and have always known you were defeated in CAR and your troops begged the french for safe passage.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 11:01am On Sep 02, 2014
Henry240:

There is absolutely nothing you can post to counter anything. We know, and have always known you were defeated in CAR and your troops begged the french for safe passage.

If you applied just a quantum of logic to the situation you would see that you are obviously wrong

The French held the airport... That means anything we did in the CAR would require French assistance. Permission to land, unload, refuel, billet, store provisions etc etc etc

And how were we defeated? We met all of our objectives
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 1:04pm On Sep 02, 2014
Certain individuals on this forum really lack tactical expression of views and instead engage on non issues and unsubstationated opinions that are not backed by genuine facts.....A lot has been posted backed by credible and factual points but these individuals continues to rubbish everything as long as they dont agree or support their stand points....Such a tact indicates a low level intelligence backed by misplaced patriotism peppered by narrow propaganda that cannot even support own opinions.

SOUTH AFRICAN SPECIAL FORCES

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 1:06pm On Sep 02, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 1:08pm On Sep 02, 2014

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 1:46pm On Sep 02, 2014
Soldiers at the war front in Borno state have told newsmen on Tuesday, in Maiduguri, that Boko Haram insurgents have taken over Bama local government area after hours of fierce battle.

According to a soldier, the insurgents were attacking them like flies. “You kill and kill and kill but these people are coming like flies. We have to withdraw and allow the Air force do their job. We do not know what is now on ground in Bama, but we have all withdrawn to Maiduguri.

“My brother, Maiduguri is not safe. Please take your family as fast as you can out of Maiduguri to a safer place for now because if the Air force fails to finish these people in Bama, they will reground and advance to Maiduguri. We are not praying for that, but the truth is that, they are in large numbers. We killed over a thousand, but these boys are on drugs.” He said.

Also on Monday night, another security source who was not authorised to speak to the press told DailyPost reporter that, as at 10:00 pm on Monday, they were told that, the insurgents have taken over Bama.

He said they wanted to come to Maiduguri from Banki but could not do so due to the insurgents’ invasion of Bama.

“We cannot come to Maiduguri because we were communicated that the insurgents have taken over and are inside Bama town now. Because of our weapons, we need to do one or two things to have passage through Cameroon. I did not call because I know that you people would be worried.” He said.

http://dailypost.ng/2014/09/02/boko-haram-takes-bama-military-withdraws-maiduguri/
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:01pm On Sep 02, 2014
patches689:

You said it was a German MGL - it's not?

Quote where I said that, my posts are not hidden. I showed you a style or design of AGL different from what you know. I showed you a picture to prove there are AGL's with that type of slim design, not all are bogus big like a Y-3 AGL, there are ve many AGL designs in this world you have never seen.

I don't even know the name of the Cobra AGL.

The German and Nigerian AGL have different carrier handles and ammo boxes. One is old, the other is modern. Simple common sense.

You can also say the Nigerian OBJ 006 rifle made in 2010 was part of the original AK-47 left over from 1946 manufacture.

When you being shown what you don't know, take it and learn or remain ignorant, your choice
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:09pm On Sep 02, 2014
agaugust:

Quote where I said that, my posts are not hidden. I showed you a style or design of AGL different from what you know. I showed you a picture to prove there are AGL's with that type of slim design, not all are bogus big like a Y-3 AGL, there are ve many AGL designs in this world you have never seen.

I don't even know the name of the Cobra AGL.

The German and Nigerian AGL have different carrier handles and ammo boxes. One is old, the other is modern. Simple common sense.

You can also say the Nigerian OBJ 006 rifle made in 2010 was part of the original AK-47 left over from 1946 manufacture.

When you being shown what you don't know, take it and learn or remain ignorant, your choice

Nope you posted a picture of a BOLT-ACTION grenade launcher - which works in the same way as a rifle-grenade and then tried to claim that it was an AGL. And you implied it was the AGL in question.

If there are so many designs that look like that... why is the only example of one that you can find from WW2?

Thats an HMG on the Cobra, finished and klar

And if you dont know the name of the Cobra AGL... how do you even know its an AGL?

Dude, you are a liar and a propagandist, everything you post on this forum is utter B.S

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:19pm On Sep 02, 2014
Thiza:

NOT A MARATHON ARMY OR A SPRINTER ARMY BUT A PROFESSIONAL ARMY

Your SANDF 'professional army' that cried to American commandos for help to fight ordinary Rhino Poaching bushmen hunters grin

How will SANDF fight Boko Haram that has anti-aircraft guns and many battalions of men ?

Now we know SANDF ran away from Seleka true true, or else you k.illed 1,000 Seleka but you cannot defeat bush Rhino hunters grin

[size=14pt] Over 100 South African Military And Para-Military K.illed In Rhino War

....One Of Many Reasons American Soldiers Arrive To Defend South Africa
[/size]

"There’s a war going on in southern Africa. And though it may not have the human body count of, say, Sudan, this battle is just as bloody. In 2012, rhino poaching in South Africa left more than 650 rhinos illegally slaughtered– approximately one every 16 hours– and more than 100 humans died in the fight to protect them."

http://greenglobaltravel.com/2013/03/18/rhino-poaching-in-south-africa-rhino-wars/

PHOTO : AMERICAN COMMANDOS IN SOUTH AFRICA TO SAVE BOTH RHINOS AND SANDF SOLDIERS FROM BUSH MERE HUNTERS !

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:21pm On Sep 02, 2014
patches689:

Nope you posted a picture of a BOLT-ACTION grenade launcher - which works in the same way as a rifle-grenade and then tried to claim that it was an AGL. And you implied it was the AGL in question.

If there are so many designs that look like that... why is the only example of one that you can find from WW2?

Thats an HMG on the Cobra, finished and klar

And if you dont know the name of the Cobra AGL... how do you even know its an AGL?

Dude, you are a liar and a propagandist, everything you post on this forum is utter B.S

Poooooh, confused mugu, you just said above that it is a bolt action grenade launcher, then again you say its a HMG, so which one?

How barrel load an AGL that is behind an armour shield like a rifle you carry by hand? Does your b.rain work? No !

Entertain yourself with your laptop, I don't care what you say, that is an AGL you don't know it's design, and you are NOT a master of worldwide firearms. Your ignorance, not mine.

ALL you post on this forum is bull.shiit grin

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:46pm On Sep 02, 2014
agaugust:

Your SANDF 'professional army' that cried to American commandos for help to fight ordinary Rhino Poaching bushmen hunters grin

How will SANDF fight Boko Haram that has anti-aircraft guns and many battalions of men ?

Now we know SANDF ran away from Seleka true true, or else you k.illed 1,000 Seleka but you cannot defeat bush Rhino hunters grin

[size=14pt] Over 100 South African Military And Para-Military K.illed In Rhino War

....One Of Many Reasons American Soldiers Arrive To Defend South Africa
[/size]

"There’s a war going on in southern Africa. And though it may not have the human body count of, say, Sudan, this battle is just as bloody. In 2012, rhino poaching in South Africa left more than 650 rhinos illegally slaughtered– approximately one every 16 hours– and more than 100 humans died in the fight to protect them."

http://greenglobaltravel.com/2013/03/18/rhino-poaching-in-south-africa-rhino-wars/

PHOTO : AMERICAN COMMANDOS IN SOUTH AFRICA TO SAVE BOTH RHINOS AND SANDF SOLDIERS FROM BUSH MERE HUNTERS !

100 men have not been killed

We didnt call for help

They are retired men

Working for a private company

on private land

for a tv show

Your insults are as meaningless as your posts

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:48pm On Sep 02, 2014
agaugust:

Poooooh, confused mugu, you just said above that it is a bolt action grenade launcher, then again you say its a HMG, so which one?

How barrel load an AGL that is behind an armour shield like a rifle you carry by hand? Does your b.rain work? No !

Entertain yourself with your laptop, I don't care what you say, that is an AGL you don't know it's design, and you are NOT a master of worldwide firearms. Your ignorance, not mine.

ALL you post on this forum is bull.shiit grin

The grenade launcher you tried to say it is, is bolt action.

But it does not look like the grenade launcher... so I would guess its an HMG

How barrel load it while behind a sheild? You dont!! Because its not a grenade launcher!!!

And you say its an AGL... PROVE IT!! Show us the model!! Show us the make!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:49pm On Sep 02, 2014
agaugust:

Neither are you.

So how could you say its a grenade launcher?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 3:09pm On Sep 02, 2014
BOKO HARAM SEIZE BAMA IN BORNO.

http://m.bbc.com/news/world-africa-29021037
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:33pm On Sep 02, 2014
patches689:

The grenade launcher you tried to say it is, is bolt action.

But it does not look like the grenade launcher... so I would guess its an HMG

How barrel load it while behind a sheild? You dont!! Because its not a grenade launcher!!!

And you say its an AGL... PROVE IT!! Show us the model!! Show us the make!!

You show us the make of the Nigerian MGL I posted.

I could post a Milkor MGL and use it to prove the Nigerian MGL is also a MGL, does that mean I know the name of the Nigerian version? Nope.

You are the daftie who said the AGL will be loaded like rifle grenade launcher...you daft, you just proved your ignorance about grenade launchers systems, no need arguing with you on a topic you proved yourself ignorant about.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 3:41pm On Sep 02, 2014
agaugust:
You are the daftie who said the AGL will be loaded like rifle grenade launcher...you daft, you just proved your ignorance about grenade launchers systems, no need arguing with you on a topic you proved yourself ignorant about.

I said that the GL you listed is loaded like that:

Starting in 1942, remaining PzB 39 rifles were rebuilt with a shortened barrel (590 mm) and an affixed Schiessbecher ("firing cup"wink attachment threaded to the barrel and used to launch standard rifle grenades.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzerb%C3%BCchse_39#PzB_38

The bore is too small for it to be any other type of GL

And the fact that its loaded like that KILLS your argument

Clown

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 3:43pm On Sep 02, 2014
Augubgugug... here is a list of all known AGL's

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_automatic_grenade_launchers

Please show us which one is mounted on the Cobra

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 3:48pm On Sep 02, 2014
Look at this picture

You could barely put a finger down that barrel

And these clowns expect us to beleive they are grenade launchers?

bwa-hahahahaha

btw, i just noticed that the cobra is stuck in the mud....

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 4:40pm On Sep 02, 2014
YET AGAIN THE STRONGEST MILITARY IN AFRICA GET THE EMBARRASSMENT AND ALL THAT THEY COULD DO WAS, AS SEEN BELOW. THE ONLY THING THEY ARE BEST AT.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 4:43pm On Sep 02, 2014
patches689: Look at this picture

You could barely put a finger down that barrel

And these clowns expect us to beleive they are grenade launchers?

bwa-hahahahaha

btw, i just noticed that the cobra is stuck in the mud....

NO WAY THAT IT CAN BE A GRENADE LAUNCHER. I SUPPORT YOUR STATEMENT.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:54pm On Sep 02, 2014
patches689: Augubgugug... here is a list of all known AGL's

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_automatic_grenade_launchers

Please show us which one is mounted on the Cobra

Show us the Wikipedia list of ALL the MGLs in this world including the Nigerian MGL I posted, then I will agree that you have a complete list of grenade launchers existing today all over the world...mister 'know it all'
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:58pm On Sep 02, 2014
patches689:

I said that the GL you listed is loaded like that:

Starting in 1942, remaining PzB 39 rifles were rebuilt with a shortened barrel (590 mm) and an affixed Schiessbecher ("firing cup"wink attachment threaded to the barrel and used to launch standard rifle grenades.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzerb%C3%BCchse_39#PzB_38

The bore is too small for it to be any other type of GL

And the fact that its loaded like that KILLS your argument

Clown

Grenade launcher caliber varies from 20mm to 40mm, the barrel of some will be half the size of others.

Comedian grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:02pm On Sep 02, 2014
patches689:
i just noticed that the cobra is stuck in the mud....

That's how 99% of South African army will be stuck and immobilized in such a war zone, only your 250 Olifant tanks will move.

Nigerian army will move 1,000 tanks, APCs, and heavy artillery successfully through that terrain.

SANF is a dry land only army grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 6:04pm On Sep 02, 2014
agaugust:

Grenade launcher caliber varies from 20mm to 40mm, the barrel of some will be half the size of others.

Comedian grin

It doesn't matter, but that one is definitely not an AGL. @Agaugust have you seen your soldiers are now losing the war. It is now reported scores of people are now leaving Maiduguri for the fear of the unknown and some soldiers are also absconding.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 6:05pm On Sep 02, 2014
agaugust:

That's how 99% of South African army will be stuck and immobilized in such a war zone, only your 250 Olifant tanks will move.

Nigerian army will move 1,000 tanks, APCs, and heavy artillery successfully through that terrain.

SANF is a dry land only army grin

Tank also get stuck same as MRAPS.

Nigeria does not have 1000 tanks, you are day dreaming.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 7:02pm On Sep 02, 2014
[b] PEOPLE THERE IS A HELL GOING ON IN NIGERIA. THEIR MILITARY IS FRAGMENTED INTO PIECES. ONE THING COMES ON MY MIND THAT NIGERIA COULD POSSIBLY HAVE LOST LARGE NUMBER OF THEIR SPECIAL FORCES WHO WERE NOT EVEN WELL EXPERIENCED IN COMBAT.

NIGERIA HAS ALSO LARGE NUMBER OF UNEXPERIENCED COMBAT PILOTS WHO NEED TO BE TRAINED EXTENSIVELY.

THE EXERCISES THAT WE ARE ALWAYS DOING IN LOHATLHA BATTLE SCHOOL THAT @AGAUGUST IS ALWAYS CHANTING THAT WE ARE ALWAYS SHOOTING AT AN OPEN FIELD IS VERY HELPFUL, ESPECIALLY TO THE AIRFORCE. IT HELPS THE PILOTS TO PRACTISE THEIR SKILLS WELL AND TO KNOW WHERE THEY SHOULD ALWAYS BE IN RELATION TO THE FRIENDLY FORCES ON THE GROUND.

NOW, SOME STUPIDD NIGERIAN PILOTS OUT OF FEAR OF BEING HIT BY ANTI- AIR SHELLS, HAVE MISTAKENLY BLEW OUT THEIR OWN BASE AND KILLED FRIENDLY FORCES IN MULTIPLE OCCASSIONS.

IT IS UNFORTUNATE NIGERIA DOES NOT HAVE THE SAME FACILITY AS THAT OF SA. BEAR WIT ME, IT WOULDN'T HELP EVEN IF NAF CAN ACQUIRE 100 4TH GENERATION FIGHTERS NOW. THE QUESTION WILL BE WHO IS GOING TO FLY THOSE MACHINES? IT TAKES OVER 3YEARS TO LEARN HOW TO FLY THE NEW GENERATION FIGHTERS AND EVEN AFTER THAT YOU WILL REMAIN UNQUALIFIED TO BE DEPLOYED TO WAR ZONE.

IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT A FIGHTER PILOT SHOULD LEARN HOW TO MANEUVER AND TAKE COUNTER MEASURES, BUT THAT TAKES TIME AND COULD ONLY BE LEARNED WHEN A PILOT IS FULLY QUALIFIED TO CAN JUST FLY A FIGHTER. MORE OR LESS IT WOULD TAKE THEM 7-8 YEARS ON AGGREGATE TO ACHIEVE ALL THAT.

PEOPLE AGAIN NOWADAYS IT IS NOT EASY TO ACQUIRE MERCENARY PILOTS LIKE IT WAS IN THE PAST. WELL, AFTER ALL LET ME JUST TAKE A TACTICAL MANEUVER.[/b]

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1107) (1108) (1109) (1110) (1111) (1112) (1113) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.