Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,269 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4427605 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1140) (1141) (1142) (1143) (1144) (1145) (1146) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by neighy(m): 9:18am On Sep 16, 2014
CraigB:

Yes, ebola in the south of Naai-geria.

What's the point of comparing yourselves to the others. Your minister said ebola would be eradicated by mid-September, but instead ebola spread.
and is my minister a God? Point of Comparing yourself to others? At least you can appreciate what you have... Lagos is in the south of NIG... Sawyer landed in d South... All the ebola cases we have are all primary or Secondary contact of #SAWYER

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by neighy(m): 9:25am On Sep 16, 2014
CraigB:

It's not my fault if the facts are too aggressive for you. I didn't attack you. I challenged your argument. That's what I do.
if i answered you the way you did answer me... It will only lead to insult and then wat?... They are other ways to make a good argument not by throwing axe and spears... Stop beign aggressive and we'll really have a good Argument...

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 9:32am On Sep 16, 2014
SANDF

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 9:36am On Sep 16, 2014
TRAIN HARD DURING PEACETIMES AND YOU SHALL BE REWARED HANDSOMELY DURING WARTIMES....A MOTTO FOR ALL PROFESSIONAL ARMIES

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by neighy(m): 9:41am On Sep 16, 2014
Thiza: TRAIN HARD DURING PEACETIMES AND YOU SHALL BE REWARED HANDSOMELY DURING WARTIMES....A MOTTO FOR ALL PROFESSIONAL ARMIES
sure... Coz u Die or u Survive...
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 10:41am On Sep 16, 2014
neighy: if i answered you the way you did answer me... It will only lead to insult and then wat?... They are other ways to make a good argument not by throwing axe and spears... Stop beign aggressive and we'll really have a good Argument...

How did I answer you? I stated facts and challenged you. Not a single insult came from me.

Deal with the facts and be happy. Otherwise don't be on a forum.

Here's a challenge -point out where I is nuked you. You'll fail to.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 10:44am On Sep 16, 2014
neighy: and is my minister a God? Point of Comparing yourself to others? At least you can appreciate what you have... Lagos is in the south of NIG... Sawyer landed in d South... All the ebola cases we have are all primary or Secondary contact of #SAWYER

Your minister is the custodian/champion of the anti-ebola fight.

And you are singing the praises of the anti-ebola fight. How can you do that when the custodian is clearly talking rubbish?

Yes, but cases of ebola outside of Sawyer's primary contacts have been reported in the far south.

And the certainty with which you say that ALL the cases are primary or secondary contacts of Sawyer shows me you're more interested in being a cheer leader than in stating facts. How can you he so sure? Based on what? You have no grasp of the seriousness of the situation. You're just like your minister who is more inclined to understate things.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 11:28am On Sep 16, 2014
CraigB:

[s]Your minister is the custodian/champion of the anti-ebola fight.

And you are singing the praises of the anti-ebola fight. How can you do that when the custodian is clearly talking rubbish?

Yes, but cases of ebola outside of Sawyer's primary contacts have been reported in the far south.

And the certainty with which you say that ALL the cases are primary or secondary contacts of Sawyer shows me you're more interested in being a cheer leader than in stating facts. How can you he so sure? Based on what? You have no grasp of the seriousness of the situation. You're just like your minister who is more inclined to understate things[/s].

Bla bla bla bla..... It's a person who doesn't know you that will waste his time continuously arguing with such a deadbeat clutchplate. I know this link will hurt but be strong as you read. Fool
http://www.that1960chick.com/2014/09/11/ebola-update-health-minister-says-nigeria-is-ebola-free-doctors-teachers-kick-against-sept-22-schools-resumption-bill-gates-donates-50-mill-to-fight-disease/

We have contained Ebola and the disease is no longer a threat to Nigeria. I know the sound of that makes you and patches sad, just deal with it and move on. Silly little pig

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sirjerry(m): 11:36am On Sep 16, 2014
CraigB:

How did I answer you? I stated facts and challenged you. Not a single insult came from me.

Deal with the facts and be happy. Otherwise don't be on a forum.

Here's a challenge -point out where I is nuked you. You'll fail to.
THERE IS NO CASES OF EVD IN NIGERIA AS AT NOW. THE LAST CONTACT WILL BE DISCHARGED ON SEPTEMBER 18, ATER COMPLETING 21 DAY INCUBATON PERIOD.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 11:45am On Sep 16, 2014
Captain Jabu Mbotho is presently bringing his charge SAS Isandlwana to her home port of Simon’s town after taking part in the 10th iteration of Exercise Atlasur. This year’s exercise with the maritime forces of Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay took place off the southern coast of Brazil at the beginning of September. Isandlwana, one of the SA Navy’s four Valour Class frigates, exited the Navy’s fleet headquarters on her transit to South America in mid-August.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 12:11pm On Sep 16, 2014
CraigB: When will the cowardly deserters be sentenced? Never?

Kak military.

-//
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/09/high-cases-deserters-dangerous-military-nigeria-tuc/

High cases of deserters dangerous for military, Nigeria — TUC
on september 03, 2014 at 8:56 am in news

By Victor Ahiuma-Young
TRADE Union Congress of Nigeria, TUC, has warned that increasing reported cases of deserters in Nigerian Army over lack of weapon to confront the Boko Harem insurgency is a dangerous trend that can destroy the army.
TUC in a statement also expressed concerns over incessant refusal by soldiers to take orders from their superiors in their fight against the Boko Haram when deployed to the stronghold of the terrorist sect.
In a statement by its President, Bobboi Kaigama, TUC expressed fear over the safety of Nigerians because if there was an external aggression today, Nigerians were strictly on their own as it appeared that there is no military to defend them since soldiers often ran out of ammunition at the battle front.
Kaigama expressed shock over the sudden incapacitation and begging status of the Nigerian military which bravery and professionalism in several peace keeping missions in Africa gave the country its title “the Giant of Africa.”
He said: “It is rather unfortunate that Nigerian soldiers that were once the envy and pride of Africa have now been reduced to a toothless bulldog in the battle front, begging for food, bullets and better weapons to defend their fatherland.This is a shame.
“It is pertinent to state that the allegation of mutiny by the authorities of the Nigerian military over the refusal by the ill-equipped Nigerian soldiers to obey the last order in their quest to defend their fatherland does not hold water. What transpired was the application of common sense because such a mission will be tantamount to suicide mission.”
Kaigama questioned the huge amount of N968 billion budgeted by the Federal Government in its 2014 budget to combat the Boko Haram sect and other terrorist groups in the country.
He noted: “The Nigerian military is at the forefront of the war on terror but it is doubtful if it can triumph. It is high time the government approached the war on terrorism with sincerity of heart because the government and the military forces have proved incapable of defeating a small army of insurgents whose activities are limited to the North-Eastern part of the country. This is in spite of billions of naira in defence spending since 2010.
“In recent years, Boko Haram has become more daring in its attacks. Apart from conducting suicide bombings, it has continued to carry out coordinated raids on military bases, police stations and villages’ unabated.”
On the issue of 480 Nigerian soldiers that fled into Cameroon following fierce fighting with Boko Haram insurgents as confirmed by the Cameroonian Army spokesman, Lt Col Didier Badjek, though denied by the Director of Defence Information, Major-Genenral Chris Olukolade, TUC president described “the incident as unfortunate because the protector of the people is now seeking safety in a foreign land due to lack of adequate weapons, an obvious fact that Nigerians are on their own.”

Hey dummy, Nigerian army is one of the most disciplined in the whole world ! We don't take nonsense from any soldier !

If there is truly any deserter in Nigerian army, they will be arrested, tried and shot !

The few mutineers of some months ago have been sentenced to death after court martial. I am not happy they will be shot, but Nigerian army has it's laws and they knew the law before they broke law. Sad, but Nigerian army must defend it's law and 150 year old reputation as the most experienced army in Africa.

I am waiting for South Africa to sentence to death ALL your 250 soldiers who ran away from Seleka C.A.R. Bangui as deserters.

Also, I am awaiting for South Africa to sentence to death all your SANDF army union members who refused to go to war against Seleka.

However, from news reports and @THIZA's photos posted here, I am aware that South African army has decided to give medals of honour to it's cowardly deserters, as running away is a sign of Glory and Honour in South African military.....reason why United Nations put your cowardly army under the command on Tanzania and African Union put SANDF under the command of Nigeria in 2015.

The world knows your army is proud of deserters and mutineers, nation of genetic and incurable cowards tongue tongue

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 12:25pm On Sep 16, 2014
agaugust:

Hey dummy, Nigerian army is one of the most disciplined in the whole world ! We don't take nonsense from any soldier !

If there is truly any deserter in Nigerian army, they will be arrested, tried and shot !

The few mutineers of some months ago have been sentenced to death after court martial. I am not happy they will be shot, but Nigerian army has it's laws and they knew the law before they broke law. Sad, but Nigerian army must defend it's law and 150 year old reputation as the most experienced army in Africa.

I am waiting for South Africa to sentence to death ALL your 250 soldiers who ran away from Seleka C.A.R. Bangui as deserters.

Also, I am awaiting for South Africa to sentence to death all your SANDF army union members who refused to go to war against Seleka.

However, from news reports and @THIZA's photos posted here, I am aware that South African army has decided to give medals of honour to it's cowardly deserters, as running away is a sign of Glory and Honour in South African military.....reason why United Nations put your cowardly army under the command on Tanzania and African Union put SANDF under the command of Nigeria in 2015.

The world knows your army is proud of deserters and mutineers, nation of genetic and incurable cowards tongue tongue

1. No one ran away
2. You dont know what desertion is

You tell this lie over and over and it only goes to show your lack of moral fiber.

reason why United Nations put your cowardly army under the command on Tanzania and African Union put SANDF under the command of Nigeria in 2015.

1. UN selected him as they could not afford a South African General's salary
2. Your office monkey AU boy has ZERO South Africans under his command - Infact, Nigeria was barred from taking part of the AU's new elite rapid response formation that is led by... South Africa cool

And, btw, your Army is not 150 years old and you are no where near Africa's most experienced.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Sep 16, 2014
Patchesagain: KC-390 just finalized its testing run

And it can carry a Badger.

and Brazil is a BRICS ally

..... interesting

Why are you spamming nairaland with multiple handles?

The KC-390 is a medium lift transport plane in the class of the G-222. It's a nice transport plane, but if you're in a desperate need of transport planes like south-africa, it is a waste of resources.

South-africa is also an insignificant member of brics, south-africa only joined brics because they (BRIC) wanted an African representative to make the group look more inclusive. On all indices the BRIC nations are light years ahead of south-africa. Trade between the BRIC nations is also small, neither do the nations have anything in common politically.** Notice the "BRIC".

Nigeria is a better representative of the continent of Africa, and would continue to be.

Lest i forget, South-Africa is Broke!!!

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Sep 16, 2014
Henry120:

The KC-390 is a medium lift transport plane in the class of the G-222. It's a nice transport plane, but if you're in a desperate need of transport planes like south-africa, it is a waste of resources.

South-africa is also an insignificant member of brics, south-africa only joined brics because they (BRIC) wanted an African representative to make the group look more inclusive. On all indices the BRIC nations are light years ahead of south-africa. Trade between the BRIC nations is also small, neither do the nations have anything in common politically.** Notice the "BRIC".

Nigeria is a better representative of the continent of Africa, and would continue to be.

hmmmm, but SA is the most developed country in the BRICS nations, how can Nigeria ever compete? BRICS is for industrialised countries, and Nigeria ain't one.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 12:57pm On Sep 16, 2014
Henry120:

South-africa is also an insignificant member of brics, south-africa only joined brics because they (BRIC) wanted an African representative to make the group look more inclusive. On all indices the BRIC nations are light years ahead of south-africa. Trade between the BRIC nations is also small, neither do the nations have nothing in common politically.** Notice the "BRIC".

1. Its BRICS

In 2010, South Africa began efforts to join the BRIC grouping, and the process for its formal admission began in August of that year.[15] South Africa officially became a member nation on 24 December 2010, after being formally invited by the BRIC countries to join the group.[15] The group was renamed BRICS – with the "S" standing for South Africa – to reflect the group's expanded membership.[16] In April 2011, the President of South Africa, Jacob Zuma, attended the 2011 BRICS summit in Sanya, China, as a full member.[17][18][19]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BRICS#Entry_of_South_Africa

2. South Africa is not broke - and has far more financial muscle than Nigeria

South Africa
revenues: $88.53 billion
expenditures: $105.5 billion (2013 est.)

Nigeria
revenues: $23.85 billion
expenditures: $31.51 billion (2013 est.)
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/fields/2056.html

Take a look at our budget, its looking good buddy
http://www.fin24.com/Budget

3. We are a major member of BRICS

In 2010, South Africa officially became a member of BRICS. Compared with the other BRICS countries, South Africa’s size, population, and economy are quite small. Do you think that Nigeria would be more representative of sub-Saharan Africa? What value does South Africa add to BRICS?

BRICS is not decisively about a politico-economic grouping of comparable economic-demographic stature, though that is certainly one of the determining factors in deciding the membership. South Africa’s entry into the BRICS on December 24, 2010, was a Christmas gift to itself. Even though it has a much smaller population and economy as compared to Nigeria, other factors worked in its favour – its vast natural resources such as gold, diamonds and platinum, its excellent infrastructure, its established corporate footprints, a culture of innovation, easy access to finance for business, a stable macro and micro financial climate, an advanced banking system, and functioning regulatory frameworks.

South Africa is already the voice of the continent at various international forums. It is poised to serve as a base as well as a gateway for investment from the BRICS countries to the vast market of a billion Africans.

http://www.fairobserver.com/region/africa/why-south-africa-brics/

4. Brasil and India are not light years ahead of South Africa
5. Trade is not the focus - technology, finance, the stimulus of development and reduced competition are
6. Nigeria does not have the development, technology, financial or political clout to join BRICS

Your post reeks of butthurt

Enjoy being irrelevant

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by tdayof(m): 1:25pm On Sep 16, 2014
Thiza: SOUTH AFRICAN POLICE TASK FORCE....NOTHING TO COMPARE WITH USELESS NIGERIAN POLICE
ode

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 1:29pm On Sep 16, 2014
tdayof:
ode

- Riot Gear instead of proper ballistic protection
- Miss-matched weapons
- old beat-to-sh1t AK's
- No comms

0/10

Our regular cops are better equipped

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by tdayof(m): 2:05pm On Sep 16, 2014
Patchesagain:

- Riot Gear instead of proper ballistic protection
- Miss-matched weapons
- old beat-to-sh1t AK's
- No comms

0/10

Our regular cops are better equipped
dude dose are anti riot police... better dan your task force division ...
u called that your normal police..stop lying
this wat your anti crime squad looks like sef

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 2:12pm On Sep 16, 2014
tdayof:

The guy in my pic is from the Flying Squad - just a normal cop.

You wanna post pictures of "beat cops"?

lol, ok

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 2:17pm On Sep 16, 2014
tdayof:

No

contest

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Centrifude(m): 2:41pm On Sep 16, 2014
neighy: the thing is if it will happen it will happen... You cant be ahead everyTime... S.A hasnt really seen a potential threat not because of your Security but you just havent...and i pray you dont... Cause Battle at home [especially when the opposition is highly equipped] is unlike any other battle...SANDF can only stop the once they see coming but they Cant get it all Covered... N0 C0UNTRY's FORCE CAN

Yeah true no one can really say that they would do a better job at dealing with terrorism until it actually happens, because there are different aspects to all of this.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by tdayof(m): 2:43pm On Sep 16, 2014
Patchesagain:

No

contest
hands down.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 2:45pm On Sep 16, 2014
NIGERIA DOES NOT HAVE POLICE SPECIAL FORCES TO DEAL WITH HIGH RISK SITUATION AND PLEASE DO JUSTICE TO SOUTH AFRICA BY NOT COMPARING A RIOT POLICE MILITIA WITH SPECIAL TASK FORCE

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 2:48pm On Sep 16, 2014
COMPARE NIGERIAN POLICE WITH ANGOLA POLICE

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 2:52pm On Sep 16, 2014
SOUTH AFRICAN SPECIAL TASK FORCE

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 2:53pm On Sep 16, 2014
agaugust:

THAT ACTION BY THE MILITARY IS SUICIDAL AND HAS SOME FAR REACHING DANGER.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by tdayof(m): 2:58pm On Sep 16, 2014
Thiza: SOUTH AFRICAN SPECIAL TASK FORCE
we have got JTF hold on for some shots

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by tdayof(m): 3:01pm On Sep 16, 2014
Thiza: NIGERIA DOES NOT HAVE POLICE SPECIAL FORCES TO DEAL WITH HIGH RISK SITUATION AND PLEASE DO JUSTICE TO SOUTH AFRICA BY NOT COMPARING A RIOT POLICE MILITIA WITH SPECIAL TASK FORCE
lool DSS will handle diz

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by tdayof(m): 3:03pm On Sep 16, 2014
Thiza: COMPARE NIGERIAN POLICE WITH ANGOLA POLICE

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:08pm On Sep 16, 2014

[size=14pt]Comparing Technology of Nigerian Police with that of South African Police tongue tongue tongue
[/size]

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by tdayof(m): 3:12pm On Sep 16, 2014
Thiza: NIGERIA DOES NOT HAVE POLICE SPECIAL FORCES TO DEAL WITH HIGH RISK SITUATION AND PLEASE DO JUSTICE TO SOUTH AFRICA BY NOT COMPARING A RIOT POLICE MILITIA WITH SPECIAL TASK FORCE

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:13pm On Sep 16, 2014
vdGeist:

hmmmm, but SA is the most developed country in the BRICS nations

South Africa is more developed than Russia and China ? You must be smoking rat poison grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1140) (1141) (1142) (1143) (1144) (1145) (1146) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.