Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1246) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4427587 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1243) (1244) (1245) (1246) (1247) (1248) (1249) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 7:31pm On Oct 09, 2014
Long ago @Henry120. Like really now!!!!!!

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 7:36pm On Oct 09, 2014
Looooooooooooong time ago @Henry120.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 7:52pm On Oct 09, 2014
Long AGO @Henry120.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 7:54pm On Oct 09, 2014
Available Infantry fighting vehicles.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 7:57pm On Oct 09, 2014
What are saying you @Henry120?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 7:58pm On Oct 09, 2014
Henry120:
Agaugust, chris369, patches689, MikeZA, greenandgold, naijapikingidi, dievuilt

The Uselessness of the SANDF.

South Africa’s Arms Deal Toys Rotting
October 9, 2014

Weapons acquired during the 1999 arms deal are not being used and are becoming derelict, the Seriti Commission of Inquiry heard on Tuesday [October 7].

“With regards to the 30 Augusta helicopters purchased from Italy, I am informed that many of them are in storage and unused or rotting at Ysterplaat Air Force Base in Cape Town,” arms deal critic Terry Crawford-Browne told the inquiry’s hearings in Pretoria.

“Accordingly, I invite the commission’s members to inspect Ysterplaat, to see for themselves how many there are in their state of airworthiness.”

He said government acquired four frigates that were reportedly equipped with defective engines and an obsolete combat suite and armoury system.

“South Africa acquired three submarines that spend most of the time on the ‘hard’ at Simon’s Town and 50 BAE Hawk and BAE/Saab Gripen fighter aircraft for which the country had almost no pilots to fly them, mechanics to maintain them, or even the money to fuel them.

“The arms deal was a confidence trick played at huge socio-economic cost to the people of South Africa, which has seriously undermined our still-fragile constitutional democracy,” said Crawford-Browne.

The commission was appointed by President Jacob Zuma three years ago to investigate alleged corruption in the arms procurement deal in 1999.

For billions of rands government acquired, among other hardware, 26 Gripen fighter aircraft and 24 Hawk lead-in fighter trainer aircraft for the air force, and frigates and submarines for the navy.

Crawford-Browne said former deputy defence minister Nozizwe Madlala-Routledge was told by senior navy officials that the country had bought the wrong equipment.

“Ms Madlala-Routledge has by e-mail authorised me to reveal this,” he said.

Madlala-Routledge was deputy defence minister from 1999 to April 2004 and deputy health minister from April 2004 to August 2007.

Crawford-Browne said billions spent on these purchases could have been used to improve the lives of South Africans.

“While millions of South Africans struggle daily with the legacies of apartheid and poverty, these men childishly expounded about their pride in so-called toys for boys and other irrelevances,” he said in his affidavit to the inquiry.

“Astonishingly, a purported justification for the acquisition of the BAE Gripen warplanes included protection for the 2010 World Cup.”

The inquiry continues.

As reported by South African Press Association

#bookmarked!!!!!!

If I want to bring these South Africans to a place of soberness once and for all ... I will be putting myself at great risk with the things I'd put here. The same idiots that want to fight war all over Africa? Chei!! Person no go die with laughter for here o!! Chief Henry120 ... dis na #topShot

6 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 8:00pm On Oct 09, 2014
Henry120:

In "Django's" voice : "I like the way you beg boy".

This all we've been saying all weeks and months. The SANDF is a clueless force sitting on an array of equipment is cannot afford or even fuel.

LOL.

#Heavy cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 8:03pm On Oct 09, 2014
Henry120:

I got all the evidence I need, the best part is, I've bookmarked it.

#badguy! grin grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 8:17pm On Oct 09, 2014
agaugust:

Old irrelevant story, forgone conclusion.

All those soldiers have been tried and sentenced to death by court martial.

60 men out of a 150,000 man army = 0.04% tiny insignificant numbers.

Nigerian army does NOT tolerate cowardice like were army union members chose which war they want or don't want to fight.....50,000 South African soldiers, a whole complete army refused to go fight Selaka rebels and save fellow Africans from the ravages of war in C.A.R allowing innocent civilians to perish.

Then your army still gave them medals of national honour for an offence that Nigerian army gives death sentence !

SANDF = BUSHMEN-ZULU HUNTERS grin grin

#hitman cool cool cool
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 8:30pm On Oct 09, 2014
ZDee:

My Igbo slave still getting nightmares about master, seems you can never get me out of your mind....
show some class. Shelf the cheap insult. Get down with facts. That's why we're here

(1) (2) (3) ... (1243) (1244) (1245) (1246) (1247) (1248) (1249) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.