Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,491 members, 7,781,474 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:02 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1250) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4400559 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1247) (1248) (1249) (1250) (1251) (1252) (1253) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:50am On Oct 10, 2014
ThaVluit:

Same post as I gave you the last time, this is not iconic, bruv. To give you an example, SA has more than one world heritage sight, a modern wonder of the world and tons and tons of other unforgettable, once-in-a-lifetime ICONIC spots and experiences. Nigeria has beautiful places, but tourists aren't gonna spend their life savings by the thousands on Nigeria , when there are places like South Africa.
but there are tourists in one of the pics i posted cheesy even many of your compatriots are in Abuja as we speak

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ThaVluit: 10:50am On Oct 10, 2014
iterator24:
Beyonce is beautiful in her own way so does rihanna... africa is beautiful.... I've traveled around and they have their unique beauties, i'd implore you to do the same.. Even morocco! My friend, the world doesnt end in SA

This is a koo-mbaya, cop-out post. The tourists have judged with their feet, dollars and awards, boet!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 10:50am On Oct 10, 2014
iterator24:

Use your brain, none of my post connotes the highlighted, Nigeria is beautiful, so as Kenya and SA.. Awards and nominations for your tourism industry is as a result of your government effort and somewhat stable country... 'No place' is the most beautiful dude...

SA tourism is just only this alone. Do you get it?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ThaVluit: 10:51am On Oct 10, 2014
iterator24:
but there are tourists in one of the pics i posted cheesy even many of your compatriots are in Abuja as we speak

How many tourists? Three? grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ThaVluit: 10:52am On Oct 10, 2014
Msauza:

SA tourism is just only this alone.

Iterator says he's in SA. He should just go to the Mandela square tonight to see how many tourists he'll find taking pics under the Mandela statue. Just tonight.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 10, 2014
Msauza:

SA tourism is just only this alone. Do you get it?
Agreed, but It doesnt stop others from visiting calabar grin

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 10, 2014
ThaVluit:

Iterator says he's in SA. He should just go to the Mandela square tonight to see how many tourists he'll find taking pics under the Mandela statue. Just tonight.
Been there done that, No dispute.. Some of those tourists arent visiting SA alone.. you digg?

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ThaVluit: 10:55am On Oct 10, 2014
iterator24:

True, but how many? People even visit Afghanistan to buy hand-made Persian-Afghani carpets. And the Afghani snow-capped mountains are beautiful. But Afghanistan is no South Africa.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 10:56am On Oct 10, 2014
iterator24:
Been there done that, No dispute.. Some of those tourists arent visiting SA alone.. you digg?

he should as well count himself as a tourist. Bwahahahahaha!!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ThaVluit: 10:56am On Oct 10, 2014
iterator24:

"Some", yes. But the majority of those "some" will only go as far north as the Vic falls of East Africa's islands and Savannahs. Not Nigeria, which lags behind on tourism.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 10, 2014
Msauza:

undecided
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ThaVluit: 10:57am On Oct 10, 2014
Msauza:

grin grin grin grin grin A long-term tourist Lol
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:58am On Oct 10, 2014
ThaVluit:

"Some", yes. But the majority of those "some" will only go as far north as the Vic falls of East Africa's islands and Savannahs. Not Nigeria, which lags behind on tourism.
well, it's a probability

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ThaVluit: 10:59am On Oct 10, 2014
iterator24:
well, it's a probability

Yes, but it remains a fact that you list destinations like Kenya and Tanzania looooog before you list Nigeria.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GreenandGold: 11:00am On Oct 10, 2014
iterator24:
dude, I reside in SA, and I've been to those places I mentioned, trust me they are beautiful, our clueless govt rarely promote tourism

Been to the Lowveld?
KZN Midlands?
Garden Route?
North Coast (KZN)?
I won't even mention the Cape

Nigeria might be nice but South Africa is outstanding...

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ThaVluit: 11:02am On Oct 10, 2014
GreenandGold:

Been to the Lowveld?
KZN Midlands?
Garden Route?
North Coast (KZN)?

Exactly. It's a question of degree.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:08am On Oct 10, 2014
GreenandGold:

Been to the Lowveld?
KZN Midlands?
Garden Route?
North Coast (KZN)?

Beauty is beauty my friend

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GreenandGold: 11:11am On Oct 10, 2014
ThaVluit:

Exactly. It's a question of degree.

He must know, I live in Nelspruit.... tourists are no myth here, we even have a tourist dedicated airport that processes tourists all day long.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ThaVluit: 11:14am On Oct 10, 2014
iterator24:

So in your mind, Venice or St Petersburg are just as beautiful as Calabar? Nothing special in these places? What kind of a traveler are you? One with no taste?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ThaVluit: 11:17am On Oct 10, 2014
GreenandGold:

He must know, I live in Nelspruit.... tourists are no myth here, we even have a tourist dedicated airport that processes tourists all day long.

This is the problem with some of our Nigerian fam in South Africa. They stay holed up in their enclaves and they never really see these place you speak of. I was in Sun City for a game drive this past weekend and out of about 10 vans, there was only 1 Nigerian guy.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GreenandGold: 11:18am On Oct 10, 2014
iterator24:

No.... beauty varies by degree my friend.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 11:18am On Oct 10, 2014
iterator24:

Tourists avoid Nigeria because of " terrorism"
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 11:19am On Oct 10, 2014
Msauza:

Chief, Nigeria is busted and cannot do anything to go off the chain. MTN is by no doubt the biggest service provider in Nigeria and has created many jobs which add significant value on the economy of Nigeria. The same applies to DSTV which has employed and empowered many businesses in Nigeria.

Should they however decide to pull out, Nigeria will at all costs feel the heat from a large scale loss of employment and revenues.

So, for as much as South African companies need you, you equally need them even more. So they are not under your mercy.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ThaVluit: 11:24am On Oct 10, 2014
Msauza:

Tourists avoid Nigeria because of " terrorism"

But personally, I think Nigeria isn't doing enough to have travel advices softened.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 11:25am On Oct 10, 2014
[quote author=lezz post=27021299][/quote]

Do you like it?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 10, 2014
ThaVluit:

How many tourists? Three? grin

LMAO!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ThaVluit: 11:29am On Oct 10, 2014
LaBellaMafiaZA:

LMAO!

Namean?! grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 11:33am On Oct 10, 2014
Msauza:

I will surely have to lecture you about Nigeria because you are seemingly showing signs of ignorance. Nigeria has over 170 million people and Lagos does not have the stats you are claiming. Statistics show that over 70% of Nigerians live in rural settlements, something which I have witnessed on my own. Enugu is still far behind as compared to what you get in SA. I do not blame you because you have never been to any country which is better than Nigeria, no wonder you are still impressed by the backwardness of Enugu and the outskirts of Lagos. I hope you visit SA to see what development is. Red carpets cannot just be rolled out for mediocrity.
stop patronizing0yourself lagos is africa's biggest city and cairo is next. It never ceases to baffle me how black southafrica claim the development of a country they met the way it is today. The southafrica that exists since 300 years to 1994 when blacks were asked to come down from the trees, caves and jungle is still the same south africa today. You have nothing to boast about,believe me. You never hear of an anglo-dutch bragging but black south africans who were let out onto civilisation just yesterday keep ranting. so the world seem too big for you guys you keep acting as aliens on earth. Your owners afrikaans and the British settlers dont brag because they know southafrica is still a bleeding third world country.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GreenandGold: 11:42am On Oct 10, 2014
ThaVluit:

But personally, I think Nigeria isn't doing enough to have travel advices softened.

Basically Nigeria is No-go-zone for tourists.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 11:43am On Oct 10, 2014
lezz:
stop patronizing0yourself lagos is africa's biggest city and cairo is next. It never ceases to baffle me how black southafrica claim the development of a country they met the way it is today. The southafrica that exists since 300 years to 1994 when blacks were asked to come down from the trees, caves and jungle is still the same south africa today. You have nothing to boast about,believe me. You never hear of an anglo-dutch bragging but black south africans who were let out onto civilisation just yesterday keep ranting. so the world seem too big for you guys you keep acting as aliens on earth. Your owners afrikaans and the British settlers dont brag because they know southafrica is still a bleeding third world country.

You couldent be more wrong.

All South Africans are extremely proud of what we have acheived.

And who-did-what is irrelevant in the larger context.

Especially when you consider what has been acheived in the last 20 years in the upliftment of the poor and previously disadvanatged.

We built over 2 million free houses in 20 years... can you compare to that?

And its just one of many bragging rights we have.

And with regards to Lagos, it may be africa's biggest... but that is all

and btw, the Johannesburg Muncipality has a population of 10 million, and that is excluding the outlying areas such as Benoni, Springs etc . Its so big that cities have swallowed other cities to form one mega-city. Its city from the Vaal River to well north of Pretoria (seperate municipality)

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ThaVluit: 11:44am On Oct 10, 2014
lezz:

You entire posts does 4 things, which we are grateful for because they expose you for what you are.

First, you accept that South Africa is better.

Second, you console yourself by pulling the race card

Third, you embrace your position of inferiority below what you believe are the achievements of whites.

Fourth, you are then happy.

Shame on you!

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 11:45am On Oct 10, 2014
ThaVluit:

Hey, how do you like the story of South Africa's JSE setting up Naira futures trading, seeing as you can't do it yourselves? That's control added on top of control. Sux bin yuuuu!
no. It sucks being a black south african who is bereft of heritage economic independence and identity.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1247) (1248) (1249) (1250) (1251) (1252) (1253) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.