Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,346 members, 7,780,925 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:37 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1448) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4400287 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1445) (1446) (1447) (1448) (1449) (1450) (1451) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 5:33pm On Nov 26, 2014
[size=15pt]I call on Augaugust to post a picture of his weapon and uniform!![/size]
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 5:33pm On Nov 26, 2014
patches689:

When was the last time NAF fired a missile?
we fired one yesterday,into zuma's scheming head.what do you think the NAF are using to roast boko haram like freshly grilled sushi,in the north east?,dynamites?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 5:37pm On Nov 26, 2014
EVarn:
we fired one yesterday,into zuma's scheming head.what do you think the NAF are using to roast boko haram like freshly grilled sushi,in the north east?,dynamites?

So you cannot answer the question?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:37pm On Nov 26, 2014
patches689:

lol, a researcher with a uniform and gun?

yes, please, post both!

Every civilian staff is trained to use a gun for self defense, researchers can be deployed to red zones if need arises relating to data gathering...our Mexico branch has threats from drug cartels.

Sure I can show you my gun and camo, but not my face !
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:40pm On Nov 26, 2014
patches689:
[size=15pt]I call on Augaugust to post a picture of his weapon and uniform!![/size]

Okay for weekend at home.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 5:41pm On Nov 26, 2014
agaugust:

Every civilian staff is trained to use a gun for self defense, researchers can be deployed to red zones if need arises relating to data gathering...our Mexico branch has threats from drug cartels.

Sure I can show you my gun and camo, but not my face !

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:43pm On Nov 26, 2014
patches689:

Scorpion Jets is not impressing anyone

European air forces are desperate to buy it
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 5:43pm On Nov 26, 2014
agaugust:

European air forces are desperate to buy it

[CITATIONFUCKINGNEEDED]
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 5:46pm On Nov 26, 2014
patches689:

You dont have any of those weapons systems
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:46pm On Nov 26, 2014
patches689:

When and where

Answer the question

2012-2013 in Pakistan, photo and official reports posted here many times till people complained about the repetition.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:47pm On Nov 26, 2014
patches689:

F-7 is a copy of the Mig-21

This is a well known fact.

Gripen is a copy of the 1970s Viggen

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 5:49pm On Nov 26, 2014
agaugust:

Gripen is a copy of the 1970s Viggen

Nope completely different airframe

Are you going to continue being a child? Or must I come back later?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:52pm On Nov 26, 2014
patches689:

SAAF flew 18 000 hours last year

how many did NAF fly?

I will go back to archives and find the 2014 NAF official sorties report for combat and ISTAR, search by weekend. The sorties are in thousands.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 5:53pm On Nov 26, 2014
patches689:

Scorpion Jets is not impressing anyone
we only just expressed interest in scorpion jets.every alien on mars know that we have ordered JF thunder jets from pakistan,multiple varieties supersonic jets from china and russia,several alpha jets,and more attack helicoptors from russia,china,ukraine,and belarus.you havent yet patched your cracked skull my friend,because it is evident that the limited portion of whatever stands as your brain has already melted and leaked out of your skull.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:58pm On Nov 26, 2014
patches689:

Yes it does, according to it the only Ratel we have is the ZT3
http://www.army.mil.za/equipment/weaponsystems/armour/ratel_equipm.htm

The army website did NOT state any numbers for the ZT3 Ratels, so we know it's not 1,000. Defenceweb that you trust, says you have about 50 units only, so tell me Defenceweb is a fraud
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 5:58pm On Nov 26, 2014
EVarn:
we only just expressed interest in scorpion jets.every alien on mars know that we have ordered JF thunder jets from pakistan,multiple varieties supersonic jets from china and russia,several alpha jets,and more attack helicoptors from russia,china,ukraine,and belarus.you havent yet patched your cracked skull my friend,because it is evident that the limited portion of whatever stands as your brain has already melted and leaked out of your skull.

More myths and dreams
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 5:59pm On Nov 26, 2014
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 6:01pm On Nov 26, 2014
agaugust:

The army website did NOT state any numbers for the ZT3 Ratels, so we know it's not 1,000. Defenceweb that you trust, says you have about 50 units only, so tell me Defenceweb is a fraud

The SANDF website says we only have Ratel ZT-3's... its the only Ratel listed.

You said that Army websites had the final say in the matter.

So do we or do we not have 1000 Ratel ZT-3's?

Simple question. Answer it.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 6:01pm On Nov 26, 2014
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:02pm On Nov 26, 2014
patches689:

When was the last time NAF fired a missile?

Circa 2010-2013 NAF combat training with Chinese and Pakistani air force using extra PL-9C training missiles NAF wisely purchased
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 6:02pm On Nov 26, 2014
agaugust:

Circa 2010-2013 NAF combat training with Chinese and Pakistani air force using extra PL-9C training missiles NAF wisely purchased

Dont come here with made up dates.

Come here with citations
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 6:03pm On Nov 26, 2014
AugustineAgain:

Every army's official website is final authority and superior to any private website information.

Each army knows it's own true capability, you can live and feed on wrong data if you wish. Your problem, not mine.
Most of them aren't updated often or should I say the information there isn't up to date.

Are you saying South Africa has 1000 Ingwe missile armed
Ratels?

Are you also gonna say the SA army doesn't have 120mm mortars?. Light artillery.

The G6-45 in service with the army has a range of 54km. The upgraded can put shells up to 73km.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 6:05pm On Nov 26, 2014
AugustineAgain:

Nope, surface search radar, NAF has been using ATR-42 radar against Boko Haram, or how did you think NAF Alpha jets destroyed 100 Boko Haram vehicles simultaneously in few hours?

SAAF has no such capability so you will never know how it's done, modern day ISTAR war is a big mystery to every South African military man
That's maritime search radar.

Support your claims please!!!

The Super Lynx helicopters radar has a range of 300km+.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 6:07pm On Nov 26, 2014
AugustineAgain:

....and your Valour Frigates will leave the ocean and sail on dry land into cities like C.A.R. Bangui so that their Lynx helicopters can use radar there? Fool !

Anyway, how much endurance does Lynx have airbone to compete with ATR-42 ? How many computers and sophisticated electronic consoles does your tiny Lynx have to compete with a huge ATR-42 ?

Your Lynx helicopter is a toy for kids, when compared to our mighty ATR-42 Surveyor.

Go sit down men !
SAAF aircraft have better sensors and EW equipment than your air force.

The Super Lynx can used in land.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:08pm On Nov 26, 2014
patches689:

Our troops sit inside, theirs sit ontop.

This is a fact.

Russian army has about 20 times more soldiers than South Africa, so they have troops inside BMP and extra troops outside on top...and a good army will have troop ready to spread out in seconds without waiting to open IFV doors. The outside troops also act as all round seeing and watching eyes because situational awareness is very limited when locked up inside amoured vehicles.

You don't know why soldiers split into groups, some inside and some outsiders armored vehicles, but how will you know that since SANDF has no current war experience so your soldiers only know Rhino poachers hide and seek drama
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 6:13pm On Nov 26, 2014
patches689:

So you still cannot answer the question?
i gave you the date,the NAF is currently carrying out supersonic bombardment of BH in the north east.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 6:16pm On Nov 26, 2014
agaugust:

Russian army has about 20 times more soldiers than South Africa, so they have troops inside BMP and extra troops outside on top...and good army will have troop ready to spread out in seconds without waiting to open IFV doors. The outside troops also act as all round seeing and watching eyes because situational awareness is very limited when locked up inside amoured vehicles.

SANDF has no current war experience so your soldiers only know Rhino poachers

During the fighting in Afghanistan and Chechnya, hits by rocket-propelled grenades (RPGs) penetrated the BMP-1's armor in 95% of cases. This often resulted in the vehicle burning until the ammunition exploded.[35] Due to these limitations, Soviet/Russian soldiers customarily rode on the outside of the BMP, sitting on top of the hull while in combat zones.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMP-1

Gee, that free google thingy is great

So, lets get this straight, you are saying:

- an IFV which is used in such a manner that infantry ride ontop (without armor protection) is not a bad thing
- an IFV where troops cannot quickly get out is not a bad thing
- an iFV with bad situational awareness is not a bad thing

lol.

BMP-2 getting BTFO by an RPG-7 in Syria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvOtIjAii1A

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 6:20pm On Nov 26, 2014
patches689:

More myths and dreams
patchypatchychchy...prove me wrong.dont post some butthurt response about how rhino poachers robbed you of your private statch of c0doms!.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 6:21pm On Nov 26, 2014
AugustineAgain:

USA has aircraft carrier advantage.

Russia has submarine advantage.

They will both destroy each other, balance of power, reason why they avoid each other since 1945
They avoid each other cause of MAD(mutually assured destruction).

In terms of submarines I think only the Russian diesel fuelled subs, would be trouble for the US.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 6:21pm On Nov 26, 2014
EVarn:
patchypatchychchy...prove me wrong.dont post some butthurt response about how rhino poachers robbed you of your private statch of c0doms!.

No one has bothered to write an artical entitled "a list of equipment the Nigerian military does not have"
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 6:36pm On Nov 26, 2014
EVarn:
hahahaha....dont make me laugh.uMnuz umhlekisi,Nigeria is buying new jets to modernize and upgrade our aerial fire power,the same way the SAAF is begging your failed government to revamp the airforce fleet.BAM!!

NAF is buying jets because F7s are freezing in a deep freezer. Simple!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Centrifude(m): 6:38pm On Nov 26, 2014
agaugust:

I am a PMC research support staff. I can only show you my uniform and gun, but my US Passport data page ? No !

Ok let's see the pictures dude, I'm just curious not tryna start an argument.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1445) (1446) (1447) (1448) (1449) (1450) (1451) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.