Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1573) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4427438 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1570) (1571) (1572) (1573) (1574) (1575) (1576) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:23pm On Dec 18, 2014
Patchesagain:

I read your post

It showed nothing

Mokopa would send NNS thunder to the bottom of the ocean

Problem is that SAAF, SANDF and SAN have NO SINGLE Mokopa missile, that makes you a deranged maniac with dada overgrown hair kolomental
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:32pm On Dec 18, 2014
[size=16pt]
Henry240:

SAAF should consider selling Gripens and buying transports
Written by Guy Martin, Wednesday, 29 October 2014

The South African Air Force (SAAF) has 26 Gripens in its inventory but 12 are in “rotational” storage and only 18 Gripen navigators and pilots have been trained to operational status. Which begs the question: what should we do with aircraft we don’t need and can’t afford to operate?

The solution could be a simple one: sell off the 12 Gripens in storage (since we won’t miss them anyway) and use the money for fuel, pilot training and new equipment that the Air Force desperately needs - its C-130 Hercules fleet is ageing and the Air Force is increasingly forced to rely on charters to move people and equipment to places like the Democratic Republic of Congo, while the SAAF’s maritime surveillance C-47TPs are more than half a century old and suffering from attrition. tongue tongue tongue

While the C-47TPs and C-130s are working extremely hard and are in urgent need of replacement, the Gripens are grossly underutilised. Since 2008 the Gripen fleet has flown 3 500 hours, according to a SAAF official, equating to roughly 135 hours per airframe or roughly 20 hours per aircraft per year, or less than two hours per aircraft per month.

Maintenance for the Gripens has also been problematic - between April and December 2013 the SAAF had no support contracts in place with Saab, with the Air Force only doing basic hands-on maintenance. A support contract worth R285 million (€19 million) was finally awarded in December and is seeing Saab support the Gripen fleet to 2016.

Of the transport fleet, only around three C-130s are airworthy at any given time and only three C-47TPs are available for transport duties. The small fleet of C212s is only useful for carrying small loads short distances. As a result, the South African Air Force often has to rely on chartered aircraft like Il-76s to get its equipment to places like the Central African Republic (CAR) and Democratic Republic of Congo, which can be a very expensive and time-consuming affair – troops have often been stranded while waiting for a chartered flight and a lack of airlift capacity meant the military couldn’t immediately transport armoured vehicles to our soldiers fighting Seleka rebels in the CAR in March 2013.

With the cancellation of the order for eight A400Ms in 2009, the SAAF was left without a clear replacement for the C-130BZ fleet and, since the deposit was paid back to the treasury, left without money for acquiring new transports. Since funding is tight yet the need is urgent, perhaps it is time to advertise some practically new Gripens for sale: low mileage, stored in a nice dry climate and only flown on weekends . tongue tongue tongue

CC: Agaugust, Mikeczar, patches689, Jln115 , iterator24, stillchris, rka1, overhypedsteve, mzilakazi, activatekruger, bidexii, naijapikingidi, dievuilt, iconize, Andrewza

South African Air Force is dead o !!!

[/size].

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by jl115: 4:50pm On Dec 18, 2014
overhypedsteve:
the Kalahari is like a picnic park compared to what can be found in the N`eastern Nigeria especially the sahelian region. Here is what wikipedia have to say about your "desert" .[b]North and east, approximately where the dry forests, savannahs and salt lakes prevail, the climate is sub-humid rather than semi-arid. South and west, where the vegetation is predominantly xeric savanna or even a semi-desert, the climate is "Kalaharian" semi-arid. The Kalaharian climate is subtropical (average annual temperature greater than or equal to 18 °C, with mean monthly temperature of the coldest month strictly below 18 °C), and is semi-arid with the dry season during the "cold" season, the coldest six months of the year. It is the southern tropical equivalent of the Sahelian climate. The altitude has been adduced as the explanation why the Kalaharian climate is not tropical; its altitude ranges from 600 to 1600 meters (and generally from 800 to 1200 meters), resulting in a cooler climate than that of the Sahel or Sahara. For example, winter frost is common from June to August, something rarely seen in the warmer Sahelian regions.[5] For the same reason, summer temperatures certainly can be very hot, but not in comparison to regions of low altitude in the Sahel or Sahara, where some stations record average temperatures of the warmest month around 38°C, whereas the average temperature of the warmest month in any region in the Kalahari never exceeds 29°C, though daily temperatures occasionally reach up to close to 45 °C [/b] I wish our troops had such a beautifuly cool place to fight. Maybe they could even snap some pictures while they are at it. Your Kalahari will be a nice vacation place for our " desert fox"
Uhm..I Never said it was the hottest did I? I only corrected the post that stated we never fought in the desert, besides we can/are train our troops in the deserts(kalahari+Karoo) of the Northern cape, like to see how your soldiers and equipment fair in 40+C or -5C temperatures.

Pic of AVERAGE temperatures for Upington NC. 106F=41C 25F=-4C

P.S please post a source/pic of Average temperatures in the North Eastern regions of Nigeria.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:52pm On Dec 18, 2014
Patchesagain:

If SAAF is pathetic then NAF is non existant

[size=14pt]NAF flew 1,148 combat sorties in 2 months. Show us how many combat sorties SAAF has flown since 20 years ago !
.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by jl115: 4:54pm On Dec 18, 2014
agaugust:

[size=14pt]NAF flew 1,148 combat sorties in 2 months. Show us how many combat sorties SAAF has flown since 20 years ago !
.[/size]

"combat sorties" we are not at war, why would we fly combat sorties?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:13pm On Dec 18, 2014
jl115:

We might be getting as much as 8 new OPVs!!

Nigeria is buying 10 OPVs plus 4 existing OPVs = 14 OPVs add 300 existing IPVs and MPVs already existing in Nigerian navy, then South African navy becomes a tiny sardine fish while Naija navy is a huge Shark that will swallow all that Mandela laboured to build
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by jl115: 5:15pm On Dec 18, 2014
agaugust:

Nigeria is buying 10 OPVs plus 4 existing OPVs = 14 OPVs add 300 existing IPVs and MPVs already existing in Nigerian navy, then South African navy becomes a tiny sardine fish while Naija navy is a huge Shark that will swallow all that Mandela laboured to build
Citation.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......Citation...........!!!!!!!!!!...........Citation.....!!!!!!

Get the point?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:18pm On Dec 18, 2014
Patchesagain:

7 Frigates

Deal. With. It

Naija navy....17 Frigates, 3 Submarines, 3 LPDs.

More than you can deal with
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:21pm On Dec 18, 2014
jl115:

How accurate is that gun of yours at 13km trying to hit a moving target?

Radar controlled gun... American technology
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by jl115: 5:22pm On Dec 18, 2014
agaugust:

South African Navy: 25 Frigates, 10 Aircraft-carriers , 8 Submarines, 12 LHDs.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:25pm On Dec 18, 2014
Patchesagain:

lynx max speed is 324km/h

you will need to fuse the shells manually

lynx will be bobing and weaving

so shells will never be fused properly

Thus you have to score a direct hit

on a target you cannot even see and which is far more maneuverable than an F-7

Plus, what happens if you are attacked from the rear of the vessel? Your vessel has a massive blind spot where the gun cannot fire

A simple Lynx can cripple your finest vessel.

South African Lynx have NO Mokopa missile you fraudster !
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:28pm On Dec 18, 2014
jl115:

South African Navy: 25 Frigates, 10 Aircraft-carriers , 8 Submarines, 12 LHDs.

Source please!

My own source is taken from SA based defenceweb publication I posted here last week.

Show us your own source of 10 aircraft carriers !
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by jl115: 5:28pm On Dec 18, 2014
agaugust:

Radar controlled gun... American technology
I ask how accurate, then you give me the answer...."America technology."
BTW American technology in a lot of instances is overrated, they cant even build a decent MRAP,thats way they imported casspirs,Mambas,rg31s from us when their soldiers got blown up by IEDs.

And what gun exactly does your magical ship have?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by jl115: 5:31pm On Dec 18, 2014
agaugust:

Source please!

My own source is taken from SA based defenceweb publication I posted here last week.

I was being sarcastic AGAIN...and no where does it state on defenceweb or any webpage for that matter that NN will be acquiring 10 more OPVs
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by jl115: 5:33pm On Dec 18, 2014
agaugust:

South African Lynx have NO Mokopa missile you fraudster !
Nigeria has no,tucano,su-30,t84,jf-17,Damen IPV, ect ect ect

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by jl115: 5:51pm On Dec 18, 2014

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:53pm On Dec 18, 2014
Patchesagain:

So, you have just been exposed for lying?

Look at the part in bold above above

look what you said below

Show me proof that SAAF had all 8 pilots fly in Lion Effort.

You had 4 jets single seaters with 4 seats for 4 pilots or your 8 pilote were seating on each others laps inside cockpit?

Show me proof that all 8 SAAF pilots flew in Lion Effort.

In that crowd SAAF has 4 pilots confirmed to have flown.

The other 4 are bench warmers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by jl115: 5:54pm On Dec 18, 2014
agaugust:

Show me proof that SAAF had all 8 pilots fly in Lion Effort.

You had 4 jets single seaters with 4 seats for 4 pilots or your 8 pilote were seating on each others laps inside cockpit?

Show me proof that all 8 SAAF pilots flew in Lion Effort.

In that crowd SAAF has 4 pilots confirmed to have flown.

The other 4 are bench warmers
Show me proof that only 4 pilots flew at lion Effort.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:55pm On Dec 18, 2014
jl115:

"combat sorties" we are not at war, why would we fly combat sorties?

Thanks for finally admitting that NAF has combat experience while SAAF has ZERO war experience !

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:59pm On Dec 18, 2014
jl115:

Citation.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......Citation...........!!!!!!!!!!...........Citation.....!!!!!!

Get the point?

You asked me for the same citation last week and I posted it here for you retaaard !

Source is from South African defenceweb publication
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by fydence: 6:00pm On Dec 18, 2014
agaugust:

Thanks for finally admitting that NAF has combat experience while SAAF has ZERO war experience !
hehehe..nice one. BISHOP takes Rook-..ie
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:00pm On Dec 18, 2014
jl115:

Show me proof that only 4 pilots flew at lion Effort.

Show me proof that all 8 pilots flew at Lion Effort.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by jl115: 6:04pm On Dec 18, 2014
agaugust:

You asked me for the same citation last week and I posted it here for you retaaard !

Source is from South African defenceweb publication
Nope not there, i see you are lying again arent you? and i re-posted multiple sources just for you, so if this source really exists why dont you post it one more time.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by jl115: 6:05pm On Dec 18, 2014
agaugust:

Show me proof that all 8 pilots flew at Lion Effort.
Show me proof that only 4 pilots flew at Lion Effort.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by jl115: 6:08pm On Dec 18, 2014
fydence:
hehehe..nice one. BISHOP takes Rook-..ie
Are you forgetting WW1,WW2,Korean War, Border War(23years).

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by jl115: 6:09pm On Dec 18, 2014
agaugust:

Are you forgetting WW1,WW2,korean war, Border war(23years).
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by jl115: 6:19pm On Dec 18, 2014
agaugust:

Source please!

Yes buddy dont worry i found your source, just want to say there is a big difference between wanting somthing and actually acquiring it, ARMSCOR got the all clear and tenders are released thus we will be getting OPVs.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ActivateKruger: 6:47pm On Dec 18, 2014
agaugust:

We see them below

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:22pm On Dec 18, 2014
jl115:

Yes buddy dont worry i found your source, just want to say there is a big difference between wanting somthing and actually acquiring it, ARMSCOR got the all clear and tender are released thus we will be getting OPVs.

SANDF tenders and even contracts get cancelled for lack of funds like A400M airbus aircraft that you desperately need but no money to buy.

Show us specs of the OPV you want to buy and show us the ghost companies that have responded to your cashless, penniless and Rand-less tenders.

Nigeria has also tendered for 10 stealth P18N from same manufacturers well known in China and Song Class submarine has been presented to us by the same manufacturer...

South Africans are here boasting about ghost OPVs, ghost manufacturers, ghost funding, ghost everything!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:25pm On Dec 18, 2014
jl115:

Are you forgetting WW1,WW2,korean war, Border war(23years).

Show us proof of how many of those pilots from 1939-1993 are flying Gripen jets today in SAAF....Show us how many !
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:30pm On Dec 18, 2014
jl115:

Nope not there, i see you are lying again arent you? and i re-posted multiple sources just for you, so if this source really exists why dont you post it one more time.

No I won't, because another retaarrd from Soweto republic will ask me to post it again next week. I have repeatedly posted it over 20 times in 20 months. View my posts of last week, it's there, source is defenceweb
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by jl115: 7:48pm On Dec 18, 2014
agaugust:

No I won't, because another retaarrd from Soweto republic will ask me to post it again next week. I have repeatedly posted it over 20 times in 20 months. View my posts of last week, it's there, source is defenceweb
Then never ask me again to repost a source for you ever again!You got it mate!

(1) (2) (3) ... (1570) (1571) (1572) (1573) (1574) (1575) (1576) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.