Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,326 members, 7,780,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:02 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1991) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4400128 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1988) (1989) (1990) (1991) (1992) (1993) (1994) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:53am On Apr 02, 2015
agaugust:

Quote for us where any Nigerian on this forum said Umkhonto missile only exists in DENEL laboratory, show us where we said that, quote it now !

It is Mokopa missile that we say is NOT EXISTING in SANDF arsenal and the source of that information is SAAF forum website and South African defenceweb news website, all those sources are South African, so go shööt them if their truth hurts you so badly cheesycheesy

What I said about Umkbonto is , show us proof that all the 36 silos have missiles inside them, because the Exocets 32 launchers have only about 12 missiles inside the four frigates silos, the rest are empty photomania boxes that cannot kill a Tilapia fish cheesycheesy

Exercise Good Hope is just another sea jamboree for headless Southie sailors that cannot shoot straight cheesycheesy

Missiles fired, against a jet fighter that has anti-ship missiles? Try fire 15km range Umkhonto against a JF-17 that is beyond your Valour frigates reach 100 km away and sinking your weak warship with C-803 antiship missile, then you will know why I said SAN was doing sea festival and party with Germany.

SAN radars detected ships and aircraft, so what? Only you have radar in Africa? Cameroonian navy has radar to detect enemy forces too.

Thanks for the jamboree update brother, it was fun looking at the photos of the Soweto men that cannot target a fishing boat, yet they claim they can sink a whole NATO fleet in war cheesycheesy

Jokers unlimited cheesycheesy

Hahahahaha

Look how jealous this little monkey is!!

His pathetic coast guard is still trying to figure out basic exercises and do boarding operations while SAN and the Germans are doing operations that Nigeria not only dreams of BUT IS INCAPABLE OF

12 Exocet missiles are enough to sink every major warship in the Nigerian navy!! We will even have spare missiles left over!!

Why are you talking about JF-17's? You dont have any grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:54am On Apr 02, 2015
Henry120:

Your incompetent sailors shot a 76mm at a poor fisherman's vessel, and they still missed.

R3tarded S.A sailors

Who said it was SAN?

Of the 4 warships present, only 1 was South African.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:55am On Apr 02, 2015
Henry120:

It says it right here, R3tard!

Where in the artical does it say SAN?

Headline < Content

Show us the clear sentance that says "South African Valour Class frigate fired on a fisherman"

Why cant you show us?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:56am On Apr 02, 2015
Henry120:

The fact you sailors tried to kill Anthony day and his crew, but could not because your inept poorly trained sailors couldn't accurately fire a 76mm at a freaking fishing boat.

1. Who said it was our sailors?
2. Who said it was a 76mm gun?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:57am On Apr 02, 2015
Henry120:

This Headline!!!

Headlines are not subject to the same rules regarding their need to be factual.

Where in the artical does it say SAN warship?

Its a very simple request. Why can you not comply?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:59am On Apr 02, 2015
Henry120:

No, it was only 1 ship that fired. It also was the South-African navy who took the shots.

The Headline clearly states it was the SAN.

So, if it was the 76mm, what did the South-African Navy ship use to shot at Mr Day in pitch darkness?......... 5.56mm?

1. 4 Ships were present, only 1 was South African
2. Where in the artical does it say SAN? Navy has made no comment, Anothany Day cannot say who did it.
3. 76mm, 35mm, 20mm, 12,5mm, 7,62mm,5,556mm. 3 german warships and 1 south african warship combined have allot of guns.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 3:00am On Apr 02, 2015
Henry120:

The Nigerian military has almost concluded missions that can only be categorised as miracle marvels.

On the other hand,

Spineless SANDF troops were left looking like a bunch of girls at a Primary school parade.

The battle of bangui, your were roundly and utter defeated, you begged for mercy and fled. French and FOMAC troops had to clean your mess.

"A source with the United Nations in Bangui said the South Africans had asked for assistance from French forces to help them leave the country."

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSBRE92M0AU20130324?irpc=932

"Bangui - South African soldiers in the Central African Republic are seeking safe passage to the airport after taking heavy losses during fighting with Seleka rebels, Reuters reports."

"Amy Martin of the UN's humanitarian agency, OCHA, told the BBC World Service that the SA troops had retreated to their barracks and were seeking safe passage to the airport."

"Seleka spokesperson Eric Massi said the rebels had broken through a line of South African soldiers during their push into the city."

http://m.news24.com/news24/SouthAfrica/News/SA-soldiers-in-CAR-retreat-to-barracks-want-out-20130324

You ran away.

Outdated information.

How many towns did your soldiers abandon inside Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 3:02am On Apr 02, 2015
Henry120:

the Medical Research Council's statistics reveal that 89 murders are committed, on average, every day in South Africa.

32, 485 people are murdered every year in South-Africa.

Every year is a civil war in South-Africa

To show how useless GDP PPP is, Equatorial Guinea has a GDP PPP which is $53,000, yet they are amongst the poorest countries on planet earth.

The medical council stats are wrong - they pertain to violent deaths per day which includes car accidents, suicide, general accidents.

Henry120, desperatly grasping at straws to make Nigeria look less sh1t than it is.

Your country is a poverty striken failed state

Ours is not.

(and we are richer)
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 3:05am On Apr 02, 2015
Henry120:

Not just 13 dead.

You also cried to the french like a bunch of sisi's.

Not just incompetent, but comprehensively incompetent!

400 dead seleka tell a different story. 200 men against upwards of 3000 with no support, 3000km from the nearest SANDF base fought for 13 hours to hold them back and forced Seleka to offer a cease-fire.

These are acomplishments you could only dream of.

You want to talk incompetance? 6,500 dead civilians, 200 missing school girls and 1,6 million displaced people talk of INCOMPETANCE AND COWARDICE

Every day is a Bangui for the Nigerian Army

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 3:17am On Apr 02, 2015
Henry120:

Boohoooo

A source with the United Nations in Bangui said the South Africans had asked for assistance from French forces to help them leave the country."

Not according to Reuters.

You were clearly running away.

Where does it say we were running away?

You need glasses son.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 3:18am On Apr 02, 2015
Henry120:

The Headline clearly states soweto r3tards took the shot(3).

The artical makes no mention of the SAN.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 3:18am On Apr 02, 2015
Henry120:

Yawns!!!!

Mrs Day can feel the warmth of Anthony because of the sheer incompetence and ineptitude of the SA Navy.

You South-Africans should be happy.

Your incompetence paid of.

Henry120.

Where does it say it was us?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 3:20am On Apr 02, 2015
Henry120:

Oil rich, dirt poor

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2004/aug/26/uk.world1

GDP per capita
$25,401 (2005)[1]

Just like Nigeria!!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 3:20am On Apr 02, 2015
Henry120:

Would it bring you satisfaction if Anthony day and his crew had died?

You guys should be happy, your incompetence paid off.

Again, who said it was us?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 3:21am On Apr 02, 2015
Henry120:

32, 485 a year is South-Africa's lucky number.

Your numbers are nothing short of a Genocide.

good thing then that those numbers are wrong
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 3:21am On Apr 02, 2015
agaugust:

The whole of South Africa has admitted the truth, SANDF warship fired and missed 3 times....looks more like your navy is bewitched by some voodoo failure curse that has not yet been revoked by deliverance

why are you posting pictures from a forum?

Where in any artical does it say it was the SAN?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 4:01am On Apr 02, 2015
agaugust:

...because united nations is paying you dollars to remain there. South Africa cannot spend $ 1 billion to save a fellow black brother nation. Nigeria alone spent $ 10 billion to save Liberia and Sierra Leone with zero help from UN

GO AND ASK ZIMBABWE AND SWAZILAND HOW SWEET OUR MONEY IS.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 7:05am On Apr 02, 2015
agaugust:

Who is SANDF working for? Zimbabwe? Fool cheesycheesy
The UN pays South Africa not the SANDF.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 7:11am On Apr 02, 2015
Henry120:

Boohoooo

A source with the United Nations in Bangui said the South Africans had asked for assistance from French forces to help them leave the country."

Not according to Reuters.

You were clearly running away.
After inflicting massive losses on the enemy?

I don't see you telling us about the performance of the troops during the battle.

By that time the battle was over Seleka was in power and SA troops had no business staying in CAR.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 7:16am On Apr 02, 2015
SANDF

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by bidexiii: 7:22am On Apr 02, 2015

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 8:20am On Apr 02, 2015
patches689:

400 dead seleka tell a different story. 200 men against upwards of 3000 with no support, 3000km from the nearest SANDF base fought for 13 hours to hold them back and forced Seleka to offer a cease-fire.

These are acomplishments you could only dream of.

You want to talk incompetance? 6,500 dead civilians, 200 missing school girls and 1,6 million displaced people talk of INCOMPETANCE AND COWARDICE

Every day is a Bangui for the Nigerian Army

POINT OF CORRECTION MY FELLOW COUNTRYMAN. CIVILIANS WHO DIED AT THE MERCILESS HANDS OF BOKO HARAM ARE WAY OVER 13 000. CONFIRMED BY NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/168686-boko-haram-has-killed-13000-nigerians-jonathan.html

http://africacheck.org/reports/have-13000-people-been-killed-in-nigerias-insurgency-the-claim-is-broadly-correct/

WIKIPEDIA ESTIMATE NUMBER OF CIVILIAN CASUALTIES AT 15 000

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boko_Haram_insurgency

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 8:50am On Apr 02, 2015
This morning,i read in the news about how the new president elect,president buhari stressed that he would destroy boko haram in two months [s]with the help of our neighbours: chad,cameroon and niger[/s]
He also accused the jonathan government of not doing enough to strengthen our ties with neighbouring countries in order to fight boko haram.
This is exactly what i feared will happen if a northern muslim ever becomes president; sympathy towards muslim nations like Chad and Niger,romancing with the enemy,unnecessary show of friendship,support and brotherhood towards countries that wish us only destruction.
A Hausa-Fulani man like buhari will see himself as a brother and comrade to the many chadians,nigeriens and cameroonians of similar tribes; especially the kanuri and fulani that populates our immediate neighbours. He will allow his sense of comradeship to cloud our national interests: which involves restraining expansionist countries like chad.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 8:55am On Apr 02, 2015
EVarn:
This morning,i read in the news about how the new president elect,president buhari stressed that he would destroy boko haram in two months [s]with the help of our neighbours: chad,cameroon and niger[/s]
He also accused the jonathan government of not doing enough to strengthen our ties with neighbouring countries in order to fight boko haram.
This is exactly what i feared will happen if a northern muslim ever becomes president; sympathy towards muslim nations like Chad and Niger,romancing with the enemy,unnecessary show of friendship,support and brotherhood towards countries that wish us only destruction.
A Hausa-Fulani man like buhari will see himself as a brother and comrade to the many chadians,nigeriens and cameroonians of similar tribes; especially the kanuri and fulani that populates our immediate neighbours. He will allow his sense of comradeship to cloud our national interests: which involves restraining expansionist countries like chad.

I THOUGHT YOU WERE THE STAUNCH SUPPORTER OF BUHARI, SO, IN ACTUAL FACT WHO DID YOU VOTE FOR?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 9:08am On Apr 02, 2015
Msauza:

I THOUGHT YOU WERE THE STAUNCH SUPPORTER OF BUHARI, SO, IN ACTUAL FACT WHO DID YOU VOTE FOR?
lol.I voted for who i thought was the best option for my country.
But sadly,i didnt consider the implications on the international politics level.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 9:11am On Apr 02, 2015
EVarn:
lol.I voted for who i thought was the best option for my country.
But sadly,i didnt consider the implications on the international politics level.

Buhari or Badluck Jonathan? I have put my cross next to Muhammadu Buhari to lead Nigeria
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 9:19am On Apr 02, 2015
Msauza:

POINT OF CORRECTION MY FELLOW COUNTRYMAN. CIVILIANS WHO DIED AT THE MERCILESS HANDS OF BOKO HARAM ARE WAY OVER 13 000. CONFIRMED BY NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/168686-boko-haram-has-killed-13000-nigerians-jonathan.html

http://africacheck.org/reports/have-13000-people-been-killed-in-nigerias-insurgency-the-claim-is-broadly-correct/

WIKIPEDIA ESTIMATE NUMBER OF CIVILIAN CASUALTIES AT 15 000

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boko_Haram_insurgency

Boko haram is already history.
By the benevolence of the great grand architect of the universe,we were able to subdue them and throw them into chronic disarray,their remnants are currently being mopped up.
Casualty figures given by western organisations are usually inflated,i doubt that those figures you posted are accurate.anyways,i pray that the dead rest in peace.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 9:25am On Apr 02, 2015
Msauza:

Buhari or Badluck Jonathan? I have put my cross next to Muhammadu Buhari to lead Nigeria
If only president jonathan is as tough,resolute and ambitious as buhari is,i would have voted for him a hundred times over.
But he happens to be a timid man,so buhari is the evil we must endure - for a short while of course,until there is a much more suitable replacement.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 10:06am On Apr 02, 2015
jpphilips:

Yawn!!!! are you speaking in tongues? which mental ministry released you? where are the proofs?

where art the foolish son?
jpphilips is asking of proof that Libya attacked and tried to annex northern Chad.

jpphilips claims South Africa is the brain child of the AU.

jpphilips claims south Africa supported the Libya TNC during the Libyan civil war.

Jpphilips with a claim of being a political and historical expert have no clue about the ogoni 9 and Mandela calling for sanctions from the west against Nigeria.

Jpphilips needs proof that France who has up to 11 members in the 16member ECOWAS block do not view favourably Nigeria's dominance there.

Maybe I should also supply you proof that we are the most populous nation in Africa.

You have gone down as one of the top 10 disadvantages of nairaland.

You do not qualify to partake in this thread either as an observer or an active participant.

You are part of the bottomless dregs of human society, a clog in the wheel of intellectual debate.

your nairaland sojourn is now marked with mediocrity , political and historical bankruptcy.

You are an imposter and an intellectual fraud.

Your only qualification to this thread is a cheap internet connection and a nairalamd account.

Your mental and social maladjustments will continue to defy adequate explanations by both behavioural scientist and psychiatrists.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 11:09am On Apr 02, 2015
craziebone:
who is JPPhilips? He should have a seat.
He is an itinerant internet troll-magnet looking for attention he lacked as a kid.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 11:54am On Apr 02, 2015
EVarn:
Boko haram is already history.
By the benevolence of the great grand architect of the universe,we were able to subdue them and throw them into chronic disarray,their remnants are currently being mopped up.
Casualty figures given by western organisations are usually inflated,i doubt that those figures you posted are accurate.anyways,i pray that the dead rest in peace.

Yep, because Mr Bihari supported the idea of sharia law.

As for figures Jonathan confirmed them out of his own mouth.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:59am On Apr 02, 2015
patches689:

I said that small fiberglass objects have significantly reduced radar signature, meaning that the gunners would have to rely on secondary targeting systems.

Water enters the barrel augustus. Admit it, you didnt know what a breech is.

You said tanks float right - how else will a T-72 destroy a valour class?

You still insist I said tanks float on water, you have NOT been able to quote where I said that. You know I am not the dullard here, it's you grin

Breech of a gun? It's English language and meaning available in dictionary for the whole world, even local hunters know a breech on their gun.

Fishing boat is NOT stealth, Valour frigate radar detected it, that is why your sailors fires 3 times on the same target, the radar gave them EXACT and PRECISION co-ordinate position of the vessel, yet your donkey brained blue water navy fired 76 mm gun 3 times and missed target 3 times.

Water does not enter barrel, see photo of snorkeling T-72 tank below, the barrel is above water, the tanks NEVER fully submerge, it is a tank NOT a submarine....see the tank commander in the photo even outside the turret watching out for enemy forces in the water, he will command the tank gunner to fire 125 mm powerful main gun on your Valour frigate and tank will sink your warship, your Soweto navy CANNOT retaliate and hit target.

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1988) (1989) (1990) (1991) (1992) (1993) (1994) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.