Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,148 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:49 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (2196) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4427531 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2193) (2194) (2195) (2196) (2197) (2198) (2199) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by bidexiii: 5:49pm On May 23, 2015
agaugust:

T-72 tanks

BVP-1 IFV

RM-70 MRLS

Mi-171 Terminator

Mi-35 Hind E

CH-3A Missile drones

Huey Helicopters

Beryl Rifles

BigFoot MRAPS

American PGM enabled Alpha jets

AR-1 air to surface missiles

Wow, I did not even know the list is this long ! Thanks for asking Patches tongue tongue

What about the igirigi APc,REVA APC, the gazelle helo and the navy new accessts

4 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by bidexiii: 5:53pm On May 23, 2015
patches689:

The list of things you nigerians have claimed to be getting is long

And not a single thing has been gotten

A lot of them are on ground and are still incoming u guys are just already getting trembling !

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by bidexiii: 7:30pm On May 23, 2015
Nigerian Soldiers Kill Many Terrorists, Rescue 20 Women & Children From Sambisa. The Defence Headquarters on Saturday said scores of Boko Haram terrorists had died and 20 women and children had been rescued during a military operation in Sambisa forest in Borno, on Friday. This is contained in a statement by the Director of Defence Information, Maj.-Gen Chris Olukolade. ”Despite continuous encounter with large number of land mines which still litter the Sambisa forest, troops have forged ahead with the ongoing offensive operations as scores of the terrorists died in the assault on their bases on Friday,’’ Olukolade said. He said several of the terrorists’ weapons and equipment perished during the encounter. According to him, over 10 soldiers were, however, wounded, while one died, following explosions of land mines along the routes of advance. He said some equipment were also damaged or affected by the detonation of land mines in several points in the forest. ”A total of 20 women and children were rescued at the end of the Friday operation. They have all been airlifted out of the forest. ”The wounded soldiers have also been moved out for necessary treatment. ”Two major ammunition dumps maintained by the terrorists in the forest were also destroyed, along with the four additional terrorists camps that were smashed in the operation of Friday,’’the defence spokesman said. He added that an armoured tank and over 10 vehicles of various types being used for terrorists operations as well as 70 motorcycles and 15 tricycles had also perished during the operation. He said air and artillery bombardment of identified terrorists camps and locations in various parts of the forest, including the Alafa aspect, were still ongoing as troops continued the offensive against the terrorists. Olukolade also said that a cordon-and-search operation around Bitta, Borno, had been intensified following an incident where two young boys were wounded after picking up a grenade from a refuse dump. The weapon is believed to have been abandoned by terrorists that fled the town that is not too far from Sambisa forest. He said aggressive patrols and surveillance by land and air were also being maintained in the general area.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 7:32pm On May 23, 2015
bidexiii:
Nigerian Soldiers Kill Many Terrorists, Rescue 20 Women &
Children From Sambisa.
The Defence Headquarters on Saturday said scores of Boko
Haram terrorists had died and 20 women and children had
been rescued during a military operation in Sambisa forest
in Borno, on Friday.
This is contained in a statement by the Director of Defence
Information, Maj.-Gen Chris Olukolade. ”Despite continuous
encounter with large number of land mines which still litter
the Sambisa forest, troops have forged ahead with the
ongoing offensive operations as scores of the terrorists died
in the assault on their bases on Friday,’’ Olukolade said.
He said several of the terrorists’ weapons and equipment
perished during the encounter.
According to him, over 10 soldiers were, however, wounded,
while one died, following explosions of land mines along the
routes of advance.
He said some equipment were also damaged or affected by
the detonation of land mines in several points in the forest.
”A total of 20 women and children were rescued at the end
of the Friday operation. They have all been airlifted out of
the forest. ”The wounded soldiers have also been moved out
for necessary treatment. ”Two major ammunition dumps
maintained by the terrorists in the forest were also
destroyed, along with the four additional terrorists camps
that were smashed in the operation of Friday,’’the defence
spokesman said.
He added that an armoured tank and over 10 vehicles of
various types being used for terrorists operations as well as
70 motorcycles and 15 tricycles had also perished during the
operation.
He said air and artillery bombardment of identified
terrorists camps and locations in various parts of the forest,
including the Alafa aspect, were still ongoing as troops
continued the offensive against the terrorists.
Olukolade also said that a cordon-and-search operation
around Bitta, Borno, had been intensified following an
incident where two young boys
were wounded after picking up a grenade from a refuse
dump.
The weapon is believed to have been abandoned by
terrorists that fled the
town that is not too far from Sambisa forest.
He said aggressive patrols and surveillance by land and air
were also being maintained in the general area.

New paper Rambos of Africa.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:43pm On May 23, 2015
mzilakazi:

That's what the picture shows or am I wrong?

Paveway is a PGM, a rocket that has the same properties as missile beside that it is not propelled. Its speed is depended on the speed of the platform.

What is the full name of Paveway PGM? Paveway bomb or Paveway rocket?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 12:37am On May 24, 2015
mzilakazi:

New paper Rsmbos of Africa.
Mugu, i meet you here again. you have been running from thread to thread looking for where to ease your hurt.

Everything positive about Nigeria leaves you dry in the mouth.

you head what the French government said last month didn't you ?

Africa is to draw out a roadmap of dealing and fighting terrorist insurgency on the continent with Nigeria leading the pack from her vast experience and efforts with boko haram.

hmn, just like i predicted some months back....

through your tears you will see the truth.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 4:21am On May 24, 2015
agaugust:

What is the full name of Paveway PGM? Paveway bomb or Paveway rocket?

Paveway is a bomb encapsulated into a rocket body. It is a rocket or bomb. You just call it the way you want. Same as missile, a bomb propelled with engines. That's what it is. They all achieve one purpose of limiting collateral damage to noncombatants because they are guided and paveway is even more advanced in that way because it uses GPS. Hope, you have seen what damage did Nigerian forces have done to your people because of unguided free falling bombs. They bombed the whole place, even civilians.

By the way, what is Nigeria's PGMs, if I may ask?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 4:43am On May 24, 2015
lezz:
Mugu, i meet you here again. you have been running from thread to thread looking for where to ease your hurt.

Everything positive about Nigeria leaves you dry in the mouth.

you head what the French government said last month didn't you ?

Africa is to draw out a roadmap of dealing and fighting terrorist insurgency on the continent with Nigeria leading the pack from her vast experience and efforts with boko haram.

hmn, just like i predicted some months back....

through your tears you will see the truth.

You are lost yet again. Somebody help this man with directions please.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 7:06am On May 24, 2015
mzilakazi:

You are lost yet again. Somebody help this man with directions please.
lol, here is a man, moving from thread to thread all over nairaland looking for a butt-ease.
I will always leave you a nasty e-cut wherever i find you, guttersnipe Zulu.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 7:15am On May 24, 2015
lezz:
lol, here is a man, moving from thread to thread all over nairaland looking for a butt-ease.
I will always leave you a nasty e-cut wherever i find you, guttersnipe Zulu.

You must receive the top award of being the moemish on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 7:47am On May 24, 2015
mzilakazi:

You must receive the top award of being the moemish on Nairaland.
hehehe, i am just a guy that sees through your dark heart. you are jumping from thread to thread looking for an opportunity to pour your empty hate on Nigeria.

later a halfwit like you will always defend your action with "whenever i Google South Africa nairaland always pop up"

Did you also Google Ghana to get here? or you are always refreshing your Google page every 5 minutes to get here. why can't you admit you you are a stalker.

whenever i am not engaged offline, i am going to be on your trail full time.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by bidexiii: 8:53am On May 24, 2015
mzilakazi:

Retard man on the loose better run go hug transformer !

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 9:03am On May 24, 2015
lezz:
hehehe, i am just a guy that sees through your dark heart. you are jumping from thread to thread looking for an opportunity to pour your empty hate on Nigeria.

later a halfwit like you will always defend your action with "whenever i Google South Africa nairaland always pop up"

Did you also Google Ghana to get here? or you are always refreshing your Google page every 5 minutes to get here. why can't you admit you you are a stalker.

whenever i am not engaged offline, i am going to be on your trail full time.

You know what I like about you? That is none other than your poor reasoning capacity. That's why I always kick you around like s ball.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 9:05am On May 24, 2015
bidexiii:

Retard man on the loose better run go hug transformer !

Not a chance, I am not trying to play paper Rambos here. Transformer with high voltage kills
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 9:13am On May 24, 2015
mzilakazi:

You know what I like about you? That is none other than your poor reasoning capacity. That's why I always kick you around like s ball.
hwo hwo huhqhaha. you are funny. Mr. xenophobia.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by overhypedsteve(m): 9:34am On May 24, 2015
mzilakazi:

at least we re fighting against one of the world most vicious terrorist group in a very volatile region. The last time we heard anything about your Military shooting anything was when they blew up the Roof of a Old woman house and when,due to gross incompetence they fired live shots at a civillian vessel. With the state of your military at present and with their recent history, i wonder how you still find the Guts to call anybody's Military a "paper Rambo"
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 12:15pm On May 24, 2015
overhypedsteve:
at least we re fighting against one of the world most vicious terrorist group in a very volatile region. The last time we heard anything about your Military shooting anything was when they blew up the Roof of a Old woman house and when,due to gross incompetence they fired live shots at a civillian vessel. With the state of your military at present and with their recent history, i wonder how you still find the Guts to call anybody's Military a "paper Rambo"

Do you mean after having been trained hard by South Africans. After, they let you run like headless chickens, leopard crawling, diving, doing prone positions and tunning around with canisters and now you come to tell us that you are the best. That's ridiculous of you boy.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 12:18pm On May 24, 2015
Surprised Nigerians are still able to post stuff here. They have no electricity and no fuel for their generators. They should take it easy on useless nairaland topics and save their batteries. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lionel4power(m): 1:01pm On May 24, 2015
DieVluit:
Surprised Nigerians are still able to post stuff here. They have no electricity and no fuel for their generators. They should take it easy on useless nairaland topics and save their batteries. lipsrsealed
and u southies are any better?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 1:31pm On May 24, 2015
lionel4power:
and u southies are any better?

Actually, we are. Yes. Way better. Watch that battery. You drain it and you're done.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:56pm On May 24, 2015
mzilakazi:

Paveway is a bomb encapsulated into a rocket body. It is a rocket or bomb. You just call it the way you want. Same as missile, a bomb propelled with engines. That's what it is. They all achieve one purpose of limiting collateral damage to noncombatants because they are guided and paveway is even more advanced in that way because it uses GPS. Hope, you have seen what damage did Nigerian forces have done to your people because of unguided free falling bombs. They bombed the whole place, even civilians.

By the way, what is Nigeria's PGMs, if I may ask?

Nigeria's PGM is AR-1 air to ground guided missile, it is a missile not a bomb like yours.

South Africa has NO SINGLE air to ground missile, your Paveway is nothing but a fvcking bomb, NOT rocket, NOT missile, it is powered by a battery like your mobile phone, it does NOT have a rocket ! Now shuut uup ! Stop telling lies !

"Paveway is a trademark of Raytheon for laser-guided bombs, Paveway kits attach to a thermal battery."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paveway
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:58pm On May 24, 2015
DieVluit:

South Africans are daily victims of load shedding, your nation lives on candles every night
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 2:33pm On May 24, 2015
agaugust:

South Africans are daily victims of load shedding, your nation lives on candles every night

You mean 2 hours of controlled cuts that are targeted roll-outs? Nigerians are lucky to get 2 hours of electricity per day. Besides Medupi comes online soon. Meanwhile, Nigeria's generation capacity is now 1300 MW http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/183496-nigerias-power-generation-at-all-time-low-crashes-to-1327mw.html

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lionel4power(m): 2:44pm On May 24, 2015
DieVluit:

Actually, we are. Yes. Way better. Watch that battery. You drain it and you're done.

www.leader.co.za/article.aspx?s=1&f=1&a=2893
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 2:51pm On May 24, 2015
lionel4power:

www.leader.co.za/article.aspx?s=1&f=1&a=2893

Nice link. I fail to see where it says that there are fuel shortages in South Africa and that South Africans can't power up their generators.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lionel4power(m): 3:12pm On May 24, 2015
DieVluit:

Nice link. I fail to see where it says that there are fuel shortages in South Africa and that South Africans can't power up their generators.
SA has her own problems which is worst of than nigeria. Atleast fuel shortage is temporary unlike urs www.ibtimes.com/why-south-africas-economy-slowest-sub-saharan-region-1500992

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 4:20pm On May 24, 2015
lionel4power:
SA has her own problems which is worst of than nigeria. Atleast fuel shortage is temporary unlike urs www.ibtimes.com/why-south-africas-economy-slowest-sub-saharan-region-1500992

The Human Development Index, which measures EVERYTHING says you are wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_African_countries_by_Human_Development_Index

Again, I ask: where does it say that there are fuel shortages in South Africa and that Nigerians can't power up their generators? Nigeria's economic growth is higher that the US's, but only a fool would say Nigeria is better than the US. The same applies to your useless link.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:53pm On May 24, 2015
DieVluit:

You mean 2 hours of controlled cuts that are targeted roll-outs? Nigerians are lucky to get 2 hours of electricity per day. Besides Medupi comes online soon. Meanwhile, Nigeria's generation capacity is now 1300 MW http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/183496-nigerias-power-generation-at-all-time-low-crashes-to-1327mw.html

South Africans live in darkness too, you have African problems like us. Yours has even become a national anthem tongue tongue

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by stillchris: 6:09pm On May 24, 2015
DieVluit:

The Human Development Index, which measures EVERYTHING says you are wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_African_countries_by_Human_Development_Index

Again, I ask: where does it say that there are fuel shortages in South Africa and that Nigerians can't power up their generators? Nigeria's economic growth is higher that the US's, but only a fool would say Nigeria is better than the US. The same applies to your useless link.

lol. look at this clown. we are talking real problems, you are pulling a paper report on HDI?

thought you were done trolling

pull one on this.... you don't have your problems you say?

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2015-05/13/c_134236521.htm

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:12pm On May 24, 2015
agaugust:

It was not me that said Nigeria is buying Super Tucano, it was Nigeria`s Vice President and South African defenceweb magazine .

So how am I responsible for information that originates from credible sources? I think you need brain surgery from the way you think.

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=32881:nigeria-interested-in-buying-super-tucanos&catid=35:Aerospace&Itemid=107

Now go call South African defenceweb a liar for spreading false information about NAF buying Tucano.

Mumu !
You are just to fvcking stup1d to read, Defenceweb said Nigeria was INTERESTED in buying the Tucano, never did they say NAF WILL buy the Super Tucano, the Nigerian education system has failed you again.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:17pm On May 24, 2015
agaugust:

Nobody ever claimed we did.

So, the claim by South Africans that Ikri is 100% South African, is what I challenge. Did SA build the Ikri engine? Answer us.
Dude the Argument was about the Rooivalk, Henry claimed it was French because it had a French engine, thus by his own logic the Igirigi must be German/American because it had a ford chassis and German engine, don't comment when you don't even have an idea of what we are even debating about.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:25pm On May 24, 2015
agaugust:

Hey dude, stop dragging this froum back on old resolved issues as if your brain is bound from making progress in discussion.

T-80 tank I never claimed, nobody ever did. It was T-84 you dummy. Source was posted here many times from Ukraine, the tanks were photographed at the airport and the Ukrainian lawyer were complaining about the sale to Nigeria during their own war time of need.

Super Tucano go ask South African defenceweb why he published the story of the offer by NAF.

Bofors Archer I never claimed. You don`t even know the names of these weapons you are screaming about grin grin

It was Bofors FH-77B, and any claim I made about Bofors was backed up with website sources from respected Army Guide, if there is any error in it, go ask the author of Army Guide website so he can explain how he made his mistake.

Now stop repeating the same story over and over as if you entered accounting school brainless but admitted because you are white
1. The T84 is just an upgraded T80 you stpd fvck, and just because they were at an airport doesn't mean they are being sent to Nigeria
2. Defenceweb said NAF was INTERESTED in the Super Tucano, you just rushed to the conclusion that NAF will buy the Tucano
3. Nope you claimed the Nigerian army had the FH77 BW

"Now stop repeating the same story over and over as if you entered accounting school brainless but admitted because you are white"
This sentence makes fuckall sense, obviously it could only have been typed by a r3tard.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2193) (2194) (2195) (2196) (2197) (2198) (2199) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.