Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:44 AM

The Child Bride - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Child Bride (47621 Views)

The Undesired Bride / Chimamanda Adichie: Bride Price Should Be Abolished, I'm Not A Fan Of It / A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Child Bride by lahrra(f): 12:34pm On Dec 30, 2017
Wow...lovely update. Oliver twist mode, we want more. More knowledge ma'am to deliver juicy and longer update.
Re: The Child Bride by Nobody: 12:42pm On Dec 30, 2017
Which kind mother in-law be this? embarassed
Re: The Child Bride by Abiajiga(m): 2:03pm On Dec 30, 2017
Gloryejims:
Ehen!!! What the monster was preventing has happened due to her stupidity... angry
Please don't let my Ayi die and let the foetus be okay sad
Khalid if only you'd stood up to ur mum before this wouldn't have happened...
Can't imagine my mother-in-law coming to slap me for what na
You're doing a good job...
By the way congrats on fp wink
no ves make i ask u, wertin u go do if she slap u? Slap ha bak? Ma der just pray for an understandin moda, weda u put inlaw or not, coz no mata hw ur eye tear reach, if she slap u, u no fit revenge, except dem u don tire to marry ha son
Re: The Child Bride by Abiajiga(m): 2:10pm On Dec 30, 2017
ds khalid doo, if nobi say na story i for look for am, dial am glo 1k5, if u badg into ma rum like dat wen i dey wif ma wife, u no evn cum c am say u do bad tin, oooohh! e no mata who u b, i d confront u der n den not to talk of say u evn cum slap ma wife for nothing. Well as na ma mom, if i ask u to leave politely u no gree, we go leave d house for u na. Shikena, bt u all na still SM opinion sha
Re: The Child Bride by cbella(f): 3:06pm On Dec 30, 2017
Gucciqueen38:

she cant stay in my house. If you visit use the verandah... What?
Re: The Child Bride by cbella(f): 3:08pm On Dec 30, 2017
Pearl05:
Madam, this update is too short but suspense filled. I just love it but next time try to give ayisat and her husband some privacy. The door should be closed.

Tell the mother that the bedroom play is good for the baby.

Oyiwaa...... She loves this updates na

Who leaves the door open these days... Chaaii Ayisat poured sand in her own ice cream grin
Re: The Child Bride by kingsoclint(f): 3:19pm On Dec 30, 2017
Out of my ghost mode ,more ink to your pen
Re: The Child Bride by itsandi(m): 4:20pm On Dec 30, 2017
Interesting story...Enjoy interesting Christmas themed stories, poems, articles, etc on Tushstories

www.tushstories.com

#TushXmasPiece
Re: The Child Bride by Leesah(f): 7:45pm On Dec 30, 2017
cbella well done o you hear. so u started this story without me shebi..
the writer of this story, I doff hat for u. please write the story the way you want it o even if the foetus go comot just surprise us sha..

1 Like

Re: The Child Bride by heemah(f): 8:45pm On Dec 30, 2017
And she z just about to kill her grandson herself.. mtcheeew. Pls don't let anything happen to the baby plss
Re: The Child Bride by Austinsamekpo(m): 11:07pm On Dec 30, 2017
hello first timer ope ahm welcomed..

Very interesting story...love the mom but she's annoying me..
nyz story dear...more power to ya Elbow..
captivating
Update update update update ooo...

I have come to stay...going nowhere... grin
Re: The Child Bride by AryEmber(f): 9:37am On Dec 31, 2017
Austinsamekpo:
hello first timer ope ahm welcomed..

Very interesting story...love the mom but she's annoying me..
nyz story dear...more power to ya Elbow..
captivating
Update update update update ooo...

I have come to stay...going nowhere... grin
Finally someone is a fan of poor old Mrs Gimba! Thank you jare, update comes up shortly.

1 Like

Re: The Child Bride by shunletsam(m): 10:27am On Dec 31, 2017
Gucciqueen38:
monster in-law �
Re: The Child Bride by AryEmber(f): 10:41am On Dec 31, 2017
Guys, I just want to remind you that the flash backs are months before when the story started. That's where the couples woke up on the bed. Lemme quickly call slimberry, she was the first person to call me out to write something. Darling, sorry this is coming late! You are invited too dear. .................................................................... CHAPTER SIX
4 MONTHS AGO “Look at these beautiful toys, won’t he just love them?” She asked her confused daughter in law.
Something must have definitely entered this woman, what child was she talking about?
“And this one! Won’t he just love playing with it? Running around the house pretending he can ….”
Ayisat felt she needed to explain again, she had no choice but to cut in. “But mother, I…..”
The woman shut her up with the look that spelt out ‘you must be mad’.
“So I bought all these for nothing? What have you been doing?! Feeding like a horse with nothing to show for it!”
She shook at her loud voice. “Mother, it’s not my fault. I.… I tried to…..”
“Whose fault is it then?!” she shouted and pushed away everything she brought in anger. “Yes? I’m all hears, tell me who is to blame!”
Ayisat burst into tears. “He won’t touch me! I have tried all I know but he won’t I swear mother!”
The woman hissed loudly. “Why would he? Who will want a pathetic and shabby dressed girl? You think any sane man will want you with that solemn expression you always have on? With you looking like the world is about to come an end? I won’t blame my Khalid if he refuses to touch you like this,” she hissed again, “so you see. It’s your fault you’re still without a child!”
She trembled again and said in a low voice. “I am sorry.”
“You must be stupid, what does your sorry do for me? Of what good is your sorry when I don’t have grandchildren running round this house yet?”
Ayisat felt the need to ask. “What else can I do to make him want me?”
“Are you asking me? Fool! Do I look like a chancellor to you? Why don’t you go to your foolish friends, I was told one took in and had to drop out of school out of shame. She should be able to tell you how she got hers or better yet, go to your aunt. She is not dead, is she?”
Tears welled up in her eyes as she remembered her late parents and she let them fall freely.
“Listen to me very well, I didn’t bring you here to eat and dine with my son out of my goodwill. I am not a philanthropist; I am not funding your brothers’ schooling and accommodating you just for you to tell me some pathetic story. The next time I come visiting, what I want to hear is how weak your pregnancy is making you and not another flimsy excuse. Go and take a class on the act of seduction if you have to! You hear me?”
She nodded repeatedly and watched her packed all the wears she brought back into the bag.
“I can prepare something for you to eat before leaving mother.”
If she thought that would get her on the good side of the woman, she was hugely mistaken. All she got for reply were more insults and curses before she left in anger.
Ayisat wished she could cry more but it was like her pool of tears had dried up. She was surely going to be sent to her grave early if she didn’t conceived a child soon but what could she do? Was it her fault he saw her as a girl who needed help instead of a wife?
“Allah! I’m dead!”
PRESENT
He stared at the staircase with different thought running through his mind.
“This thing! This cursed thing!” he suddenly shouted and started to kick the staircase.
Khalid kicked the post, rails and the riser; he climbed on the stairs and kicked more. When he made to kick the handrail, he fell and landed on his behind.
For the first time since his father’s death, he cried. He cried out his hurt and pain, he cried for the girl he’d grown to love passionately and their baby.
Their baby, the one they would never get the chance to hold. Ayisat didn’t deserve all of these; she had nothing wrong and was too innocent to go through all these.
He was underserving of her and he knew it, had he not promised her happiness? Wasn’t he ever gave her sorrow instead of joy?
“Oh Ayi! Forgive me,” he muttered and wept bitterly.
The door creaked opened and the main cause of his sadness walked in.
“She is awake son.”
He ignored her and continued to weep, not caring what anyone would say if he was seen crying.
“Don’t you want to go and see her?” she asked but got no reply, this provoked her and she said in anger. “Really? You are just going to sit here all day and cry? Instead of you to go and have your bath, then…..”
“Don’t you tell me what to do mother!” he shouted and stood up in anger. “This is what you wanted right? Are you happy now?”
She looked hurt. “You are not going to….”
He cut her off. “That was not what I asked! Are you happy now mother?!”
His loud voice shocked the woman; she gaped at him wondering if this was truly her son but it was him! He had never raised his voice at her!
Khalid continued. “You never cared, did you? You never cared about my happiness; all you’ve ever wanted was to prove to your sisters that you can outsmart grandfather, you never cared about me!”
She took a step and shook her head. “That’s not true Khalid, you know it’s not. All I ever wanted to do was to secure a good future for you and your children when you eventually have them.”
“You never cared! I was miserable! Did you know? I contemplated suicide. Did you know that your only son, the one you truly care for as you claimed wanted to take his life?”

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Child Bride by cbella(f): 10:54am On Dec 31, 2017
Leesah:
cbella well done o you hear. so u started this story without me shebi..
the writer of this story, I doff hat for u. please write the story the way you want it o even if the foetus go comot just surprise us sha..

Aww I'm sorry... I always promise and fail.

It won't happen again, but that foetus better stay there oo

Deeejah come and read too
Re: The Child Bride by heemah(f): 11:15am On Dec 31, 2017
Pls don't let anything happen to our baby... Please..
Re: The Child Bride by MrsDan: 2:23pm On Dec 31, 2017
Allah Sarki......

Great job....captivating!
Re: The Child Bride by Hantonia(f): 4:40pm On Dec 31, 2017
Khalid Mum Is Vry Selfish Nd Hrtles
Re: The Child Bride by Pearl05(f): 4:55pm On Dec 31, 2017
Aryember, you may consider writing the past events in italics.

Babe the suspense is too much, please give us longer update.

Can't wait to reach the point where Khalid started loving his wife.
Re: The Child Bride by itsandi(m): 5:03pm On Dec 31, 2017
Interesting update...Enjoy new Christmas themed stories, poems, etc in this season of love on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#TushXmasPiece
Re: The Child Bride by Austinsamekpo(m): 5:21pm On Dec 31, 2017
wat de!!!

Nice update...so till tomorrow till we see anoda update

Pls feed us more and increase the numba of times you update...
Expecting more......
Re: The Child Bride by AryEmber(f): 6:49pm On Dec 31, 2017
Pearl05:
Aryember, you may consider writing the past events in italics.

Babe the suspense is too much, please give us longer update.

Can't wait to reach the point where Khalid started loving his wife.
That sounds like a nice idea but something changes the italised words to normal once I update or is my phone the one with the problem? I use italics once in a while but I don't see any when I read. And my updates are long na! By the way, you like loving too much oh! I will report you to komishuna of bedimatics!

1 Like

Re: The Child Bride by poshangel1335(f): 7:22pm On Dec 31, 2017
AryEmber:
That sounds like a nice idea but something changes the italised words to normal once I update or is my phone the one with the problem? I use italics once in a while but I don't see any when I read. And my updates are long na! By the way, you like loving too much oh! I will report you to komishuna of bedimatics!
Seriously AryEmber am nt d type that follows story writing on nairaland bt dis one caught my attention keep up d grt job!!!
Re: The Child Bride by Missnande(f): 7:43pm On Dec 31, 2017
Interesting!
Re: The Child Bride by AryEmber(f): 9:06pm On Dec 31, 2017
poshangel1335:

Seriously AryEmber am nt d type that follows story writing on nairaland bt dis one caught my attention keep up d grt job!!!
You are making my head swell like kilode! Thank you so much for taking your time to read and comment.
Re: The Child Bride by AryEmber(f): 9:09pm On Dec 31, 2017
Missnande:
Interesting!
Thank you so much ma'am, I'm honoured!
Re: The Child Bride by Abiajiga(m): 11:16pm On Dec 31, 2017
Nice... just as expected. Bt.... U must understand da y some of us dont read stories here is not coz its not interesting, bt coz der is too much suspenc due to updates, n too much suspenc is boring, actualy disappointinly borin sometimes. Pls dont make same mistake. Take a clue from ur past update n d comments n now. Kip up d good work
Re: The Child Bride by Pearl05(f): 12:19am On Jan 01, 2018
Happy New Year � you darlings

Aryember
Cbella
Gloryejims
Pinkfeet
Oly0511
Purples25
Evajael

If I no call you no vex na because you re my special person and you know that I heart you too much

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Child Bride by Austinsamekpo(m): 12:26am On Jan 01, 2018
happy new year readers, ghost readers and guests...

Re: The Child Bride by Gloryejims(f): 1:18am On Jan 01, 2018
Happy new year to you darlings
Pearl05
Cbella
Cyber5
Wool
Ikombe
Aryember
Jadedgrace
Rachealfst
Tiffanyj
Lildiamond
Safarigal
Pincessca
And to all nairalanders... I hrt y'all... #kisses
May 2018 be one of your best years here on earth... cheesy wink wink
Re: The Child Bride by EvaJael(f): 2:19am On Jan 01, 2018
Pearl05:
Happy New Year � you darlings

Aryember
Cbella
Gloryejims
Pinkfeet
Oly0511
Purples25
Evajael

If I no call you no vex na because you re my special person and you know that I heart you too much
Thank u dear. Wish u same
Re: The Child Bride by oly0511(f): 3:58am On Jan 01, 2018
Thanks pearl05 and I wish you the very best of it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) / A Game For Love and Marriage - Two Can Play The Game - Season 2 / I Need A Piece Of Drama Or A Playlet That I Can Teach Pry 6 Pupils

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.