Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,329 members, 7,780,851 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:31 AM

The Child Bride - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Child Bride (47450 Views)

The Undesired Bride / Chimamanda Adichie: Bride Price Should Be Abolished, I'm Not A Fan Of It / A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Child Bride by cbella(f): 4:02am On Jan 01, 2018
Pearl05:
Happy New Year � you darlings

Cbella

If I no call you no vex na because you re my special person and you know that I heart you too much

Thanks, Glorious new year
Re: The Child Bride by cbella(f): 4:05am On Jan 01, 2018
Gloryejims:
Happy new year to you darlings

Cbella

And to all nairalanders... I hrt y'all... #kisses
May 2018 be one of your best years here on earth... cheesy wink wink

Wish you same blessings for the year
Re: The Child Bride by cbella(f): 4:08am On Jan 01, 2018
AryEmber:
That sounds like a nice idea but something changes the italised words to normal once I update or is my phone the one with the problem? I use italics once in a while but I don't see any when I read

Please do you mean when you type on here directly or you type and transfer here.

If you are transferring from another device it definitely won't show here, you would have to use the Italics buttons at the top when posting.

Thesame applies to writing directly on here.

Like I just did, just highlight the part of the write up you want to apply the font to and click on italics whether write up is from another source of device or directly from here.

But if you already do that and still, then it's the phone. We understand sha. Hope we would have a new year treat and I hope it helped. Don't be offended ooo grin
Re: The Child Bride by cbella(f): 4:23am On Jan 01, 2018
Pearl05:

Can't wait to reach the point where Khalid started loving his wife.

Khalid should take it slow... It's not everyday that men his age fall in love with a teenager. It's rare, I just hope he is not confusing infatuation with love but anyway I pictured them from my sleep and they look good together I would love to read an episode from you backstage so you give me some clues cheesy
Re: The Child Bride by AryEmber(f): 8:33am On Jan 01, 2018
A wonderful and blessing filled new year everyone! Abiajiga, Pearl, Austinsamekpo, Gloryejims, oly0511, cbella, Evajeal, Hantonia, Bossy, Chigold, and the rest of our nairaland family. May the Almighty answer all of our prayers and make this year our success year.

2 Likes

Re: The Child Bride by AryEmber(f): 8:51am On Jan 01, 2018
cbella:

Wish you same blessings for the year
I transfer what I type from the PC to an Android device before I copy and paste so it's a bit of work actually but I will see what I can do. HNY dear, new year treat loading!
Re: The Child Bride by cbella(f): 9:09am On Jan 01, 2018
AryEmber:
I transfer what I type from the PC to an Android device before I copy and paste so it's a bit of work actually but I will see what I can do. HNY dear, new year treat loading!

Sorry! A bit of work and we appreciate your efforts.

Great, just highlight the flash backs when you put on here and click on italics....

Happy new year!! I will keep refreshing for another update grin
Re: The Child Bride by Pearl05(f): 9:26am On Jan 01, 2018
AryEmber:

Earnestly waiting for update. Make it very lonngggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg. Some mothers self, Who knows how Ayisat is faring .I just hope that her baby is safe but if it comes to it, please save Ayisat. Khalid should stand up and put his mother in her place. Please give me more of the flash back and hold the present untill Ayisat is discharge or mother sent packin
Re: The Child Bride by Pearl05(f): 9:32am On Jan 01, 2018
cbella:

Sorry! A bit of work and we appreciate your efforts.

Great, just highlight the flash backs when you put on here and click on italics....

Happy new year!! I will keep refreshing for another update grin

Hmmm babe you are just everywhere. Please stay one place. When are we starting our story? Re you done with the exams? Don't worry am coming to write some for you
Re: The Child Bride by genius43(m): 9:38am On Jan 01, 2018
Happy New year

1 Like

Re: The Child Bride by AryEmber(f): 10:40am On Jan 01, 2018
She blinked in confusion, what nonsense was he talking about?
“No, that’s not true. You are blabbing rubbish!”
“Am I? I was a walking dead mother; I couldn’t see any meaning to life until Ayisat.”
“What are you talking about? Y.. you were fine, n…nothing was wrong with you!”
“A lot was wrong with me! But you were only concerned about the inheritance, if Ayi had not come into my life, you would be a childless widow and that money you cared so much about would be useless….”
“Allah forbids!”
He laughed bitterly. “Oh you should thank him because I would have, that girl? Ayisat? She completed me, made me want to continue living but how did you treat her? Like dirt! Tell me mother, where is that precious pregnancy now? Please tell me because my wife is in the hospital now but no longer with my child all because of you! You mother! You and your meddling with our affairs! What did that result to now?”
“How could you accuse me of such? When you know all I did was for the safety of the baby, to prevent what Malim Al amir foretold.” She was close to tears.
He should keep shut especially as she was about to cry, he must insult the woman that brought him into this world. She deserved his respect and nothing else! He was too angry and hurt to agree with his reasonable side; didn’t he deserve to let out his grievances too? Had he not been tolerant of her enough?
“That man saw something alright but what he failed to tell you or what you failed to listen to was that you were going to be the one to deprive me of my first child!”
“Ah!” she exclaimed and burst into tears.
Khalid ignored her and continued. “I did everything to please you, everything! I got married to Kodijah in hurry for you! I got married to Ayisat for you and broke every promise I made her because of you! I watched you treat you as you please but did nothing to stop you much to my shame! Did you ever stop to think she might have been your daughter? Imagine I had a sister, would you wish her your kind of mother in law? Would pray for her to be treated the way you treat Ayisat? Would you?!”
His words cut through her like a knife and she cried harder, she realised how bad she had behaved to the poor girl and knew she was wrong. Her son was not making it easy for her, he continued to remind her of her awful deeds.
“You call your sisters witches, may be they are truly. Maybe they even have a hand in what happened but you are not innocent mother because Ayisat did nothing wrong, she is a sweet girl whom you could have choose to know more and love but you didn’t. You didn’t and I was a coward too.”
With that, he left her and she continued to cry.
CHAPTER SEVEN
2 MONTHS AGO
She was so scared; she didn’t think she had ever been so scared in her life. What if he woke up and chased her out to the dark, in the middle of the night? Out of his house and life for good?
“If I don’t do this, he won’t be the one to chase me out.” She muttered to herself.
She took in a deep breath and tiptoed to the bedside. She climbed on the bed gently and almost immediately, the bedpost protested to the additional weight, this made him stirred.
For a moment, she thought he had woken up; she froze and held her breath, waiting for him to sit up and order her out of his room. He only turned back and soon let out a soft snore.
Ayisat exhaled in relief and slowly removed her nightgown’s shoulder strap, the garment slipped down but she held it in her armpit, there was no turning back now
She leaned down and started to kiss his neck, just as she did that, he opened his eyes.
I know it's short, don't get angry please! I am cooking a better soup and I promise to make it longer, that will come in the evening. Love you all!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Child Bride by Oluwakemi65(f): 10:59am On Jan 01, 2018
I've been loading this page since d last update. keep up d good work. Happy New Year ma'am. Remain blessed.
Re: The Child Bride by cbella(f): 11:09am On Jan 01, 2018
Pearl05:

Hmmm babe you are just everywhere. Please stay one place. When are we starting our story? Re you done with the exams? Don't worry am coming to write some for you

Lolzzz...... I'm releasing stress with Ayisat's drama.

I will crown Exams with your favorite on Friday. And ooh our thing, i will need your opinion tho... Glad you want to write the bedmactics grin

Ok bye before my mom finds me here... EvaJael i wasn't here.

1 Like

Re: The Child Bride by cbella(f): 11:11am On Jan 01, 2018
AryEmber:

I know it's short, don't get angry please! I am cooking a better soup and I promise to make it longer, that will come in the evening. Love you all!

Girl you rock....Today we get two updates. Halleluyah! I'm sleeping on this thread
Re: The Child Bride by AryEmber(f): 11:43am On Jan 01, 2018
Oluwakemi65:
I've been loading this page since d last update. keep up d good work.
Happy New Year ma'am. Remain blessed.
I'm glad you're following, thank you so much
Re: The Child Bride by niffyluv(f): 12:46pm On Jan 01, 2018
Great story :DGreat story
Re: The Child Bride by cyber5(m): 1:28pm On Jan 01, 2018
Gloryejims:
Happy new year to you darlings Pearl05 Cbella Cyber5 Wool Ikombe Aryember Jadedgrace Rachealfst Tiffanyj Lildiamond Safarigal Pincessca And to all nairalanders... I hrt y'all... #kisses May 2018 be one of your best years here on earth... cheesy wink wink

Happy new year oooooo
Re: The Child Bride by Austinsamekpo(m): 1:53pm On Jan 01, 2018
great...kwantinue..we are waiting...
Up up up update...
Re: The Child Bride by Austinsamekpo(m): 1:55pm On Jan 01, 2018
AryEmber:
A wonderful and blessing filled new year everyone! Abiajiga, Pearl, Austinsamekpo, Gloryejims, oly0511, cbella, Evajeal, Hantonia, Bossy, Chigold, and the rest of our nairaland family. May the Almighty answer all of our prayers and make this year our success year.

Amen and to you to dear..
Re: The Child Bride by Missnande(f): 2:01pm On Jan 01, 2018
I love your style of writing,but your story seems jumbled.

- No date from the beginning so when you say 18 months ago,I really don't know where to calculate from.

- Flashbacks might be too much,maybe it's just me but it could get confusing.

- What's the setting?

-What does Khalid do for a living?

- 18 is considered adult physically and legally and the Khalid sounds younger than 40. Perhaps if she was 16 and he 30-35.

- I like the mother's superstitous beliefs and that should mean that she doesn't trust anything modern including a dishwasher or is she just an unlearned woman in a modern world?

- The setting cannot be current or how daft can khalid (at 40) be to not know that sex during pregnancy does not stop anything except in some cases.

- Cutting the stained bedsheet? Ew! (sorry) but if my mother did that I'd be disgusted because dried blood is. Perhaps if she didn't want to wash immediately,so she can relish her memories later.

1 Like

Re: The Child Bride by Missnande(f): 2:04pm On Jan 01, 2018
-Mother sounds like a narcissist so she'll always find someone to blame,not feel remorse.
Re: The Child Bride by Chigold121(f): 5:36pm On Jan 01, 2018
AryEmber:
Amen
Re: The Child Bride by itsandi(m): 6:32pm On Jan 01, 2018
Interesting smiley Enjoy other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

Happy New Year cheesy
Re: The Child Bride by AryEmber(f): 9:04pm On Jan 01, 2018
“Ayisat?” he was surprised.
She looked into his eyes. “Yes?”
He looked around to make sure he had not slept in the wrong room but he was in his room, what was she doing on top of him? He sat up hurriedly as expected by Ayisat.
“What are you doing here?” his voice was a bit loud.
Ayisat quickly got down. “I….I had a nightmare,” she lied and the rest came smoothly to her, “I am scared of been alone, I thought you would not mind.”
There is nothing beneath her gown; her dress could slip down any moment from now.
Khalid stared at her. He should take his eyes off her exposed skin, he should! But he was finding that simple task hard to do. If her dress slipped down, he would see all of her. His eyes would feast on her young nude body; he could swear she wore nothing underneath.
His thoughts alone sent blood rushing to a certain part of his body, he felt himself moved and this shocked.
He turned away from her, he must have been mistaken. That was not what happened…… it’s impossible! He shook his head, he probably felt cold for a second there. It had to be that, he could no longer feel that way….. No! Especially towards her, a teenager!
“Pervert!” he muttered to himself.
Ayisat was confused, had she said it wrongly? He probably didn’t believe her lie wand was pissed at her now. She wore her gown probably and braced herself for what’s to come next.
Khalid turned his face back to her and stood up. “Actually I very much mind but you can sleep here for this night to make you feel better, I’ll take the floor.”
This was not what she planned, was he not supposed to invite her to beside him? There was no way she was leaving his room the same this night.
She moved nearer and took his hands, she was willing to beg if that would get her what she want.
“Please Khalid; you have to take me to bed…... I need to have or your child or mother will kick me out please!”
He removed his hands from hers immediately.
“I already made it clear to you; I don’t desire you in that way. My mind has not change Ayisat, go to your room.”
Was he not listening to her? His mother will chase her and it was not like he had plans to talk to her, why did he marry her then? Why did he when he knew he would not touch?
“You promised to help me remember? You promised to help me in any way you can and…….”
He interrupted. ”I certainly did not mean taking you to bed! I promised to help you continue your education, to help you achieve your dream and make you someone in life! That was what I promised.”
“Well, you can forget it then! You can forget everything because none of that is happening once I get tossed out! You and I both know that once I’m out of this house, there is little you can do for me and that is if you even remember!”
Ayisat breathe out noisily, she could not believe she shouted at him. Allah, she was getting frustrated and desperate.
Khalid stared at her astonishingly; she had never said that much to him ever! He watched her inhaled and begged softly.
“I beg of you, please…..Even if it’s one time. Just once please, I need her to continue paying for my brothers’ schooling.” She moved closer to him with her every word.
He watched her move nearer till they were so close to each other, the feeling was back again.
“I will talk to mother, she can’t chase you out if I don’t want you gone and she will continue to help your brothers.” He had no idea why he was short of breath.
She shook her head. “No, you won’t and even if you do, she won’t listen to you. I know you don’t want to but please, just this one time.”
He scoffed. “Not all once result to pregnancy.”
Did he just say that? What was wrong with him? He was not considering this, was he?
Ayisat commended herself on a job well done; she was breaking his wall little by little. He was no longer chasing her out, he was only trying to dissuade her but that was not happening.
“I’m sure…..With Allah’s help, I will get pregnant.”
“Prayers don’t….”
Ayi shocked him and herself by kissing him all of a sudden. Heavens! This was heaven, he didn’t know when he pulled her closer to himself and took control.
If this was how his friends felt with younger girls, he had no right to judge any of them. She was no expert but her innocence intrigued him more, he wanted her so bad. He stopped wondering how this was possible and guided her to the bed, with the way he was feeling, he doubted he would be able to do just once.
She had never felt like this before, what was he doing to her? She didn’t care; she just didn’t want him to stop. This felt good, too good.
Khalid moved to her neck and bit her softly, she let out a loud moan and that alone set on him on fire. He tried to rid her of nightgown but was impatient; he was about to tore the light fabric when he got his senses back, what was he doing?
He moved away from the bed and her like he had suddenly seen a demon. She sat up on the bed with a confused expression, did she do something wrong?
“Am I to be on top?”
“What? No, it’s not…….are you in your fertile period?”
Whichever part of his brain formed that question, he had no idea but he thank Allah for snapping him out of the trance he was in. it didn’t matter that a certain part of his body ached terribly, he was glad he got his sense back.
“I…I think. I finished my flows twelve days ago and I……”
“Ayi, your body is not ready. It does not matter if we go fifty rounds, there will be no pregnancy because you are not fertile.”
He was no gynaecologist, hell! He had no idea when a woman is fertile enough to get pregnant but he was using this opportunity to get away from her before he did something he’d regret later.
Ayisat felt embarrassed but was not deterred. “But I am……”
“Good night Ayisat.” He said and walked out before she could say anything else; he needed to be far away from her.
Stupid fool! Why could she not keep her mouth shut or tell him a little lie? She wondered for the umpteenth time how she would get pregnant.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Child Bride by Austinsamekpo(m): 9:36pm On Jan 01, 2018
Fisrt to comment..
nice update... Ahm always here even before you update ahm here..
He tried to resist oo..mehn kudos to khalid...
Re: The Child Bride by oly0511(f): 9:59pm On Jan 01, 2018
AryEmber thanks and I wish you the very best of it and nice update like always but the flash back is getting too much though my opinion

1 Like

Re: The Child Bride by Pearl05(f): 10:02pm On Jan 01, 2018
Interesting...

So what happened afterwards?
Re: The Child Bride by ikombe: 10:30pm On Jan 01, 2018
Gloryejims:
Happy new year to you darling
And to all nairalanders... I hrt y'all... #kisses
May 2018 be one of your best years here on earth... cheesy wink wink
same to you dear kiss

Re: The Child Bride by EmpressEnnie(f): 7:13am On Jan 02, 2018
interesting story i must say
Re: The Child Bride by cbella(f): 8:16am On Jan 02, 2018
Pearl05:
Interesting...

So what happened afterwards?

Lol!!!!! grin grin grin grin, she died na
Re: The Child Bride by Pearl05(f): 8:40am On Jan 02, 2018
cbella:

Lol!!!!! grin grin grin grin, she died na

Lol...but I want to know nau. Am sure he couldn't sleep that night, might end up going to console her in her room .
Re: The Child Bride by cbella(f): 9:13am On Jan 02, 2018
Pearl05:

Lol...but I want to know nau. Am sure he couldn't sleep that night, might end up going to console her in her room .

lol... That's a dangerous play.... Anyway Good morning AryEmber, can you separate this fight grin shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Selfless Desires / A Game For Love and Marriage - Two Can Play The Game - Season 2 / Oceanofpdf.com Is Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.