Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,448 members, 7,781,297 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:59 AM

See How My Wrist Looks Like 5 Months After Wrist Fracture, Is It Normal? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / See How My Wrist Looks Like 5 Months After Wrist Fracture, Is It Normal? (36526 Views)

Marathon Sex May Cause Penis Fracture, Impotence —urologists / Man Suffers Penile Fracture During Rigorous Sex (Graphic Photos) / Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How My Wrist Looks Like 5 Months After Wrist Fracture, Is It Normal? by Savemysoulnow: 12:10pm On Nov 04, 2017
Good morning dear nairalanders

Please I want you to advise me...

On June 3, 2017, I fractured my left wrist in a minor accident.

4 days later, I went to the orthopaedic hospital & they placed POP on it.

On July 21, 2017. The POP was removed & I could see my hand very tiny compared to the right hand. But as time goes on it keeps looking healthier just like the right hand.
The doctor recommended some drugs for me (which I'm still taking till today)

I visit the hospital every time for my checkup. But the doctor keeps telling me that the wrist is still undergoing CONSOLIDATION stage.

This is my major concern... My wrist which I highlighted in the below pics, is that how it'll look deformed or what?

What could be the exact problem?

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: See How My Wrist Looks Like 5 Months After Wrist Fracture, Is It Normal? by Savemysoulnow: 12:10pm On Nov 04, 2017
Dear mods please help me.
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Re: See How My Wrist Looks Like 5 Months After Wrist Fracture, Is It Normal? by HealthWealthy(m): 1:05pm On Nov 04, 2017
That is a swelling that was not properly taken care of.

Can you freely move it up and down without much pain?
Re: See How My Wrist Looks Like 5 Months After Wrist Fracture, Is It Normal? by Savemysoulnow: 1:31pm On Nov 04, 2017
HealthWealthy:
That is a swelling that was not properly taken care of.

Can you freely move it up and down without much pain?

Yes I can move it without pain

1 Like

Re: See How My Wrist Looks Like 5 Months After Wrist Fracture, Is It Normal? by Savemysoulnow: 1:31pm On Nov 04, 2017
Lalasticlala
Re: See How My Wrist Looks Like 5 Months After Wrist Fracture, Is It Normal? by georgecso(m): 4:17pm On Nov 04, 2017
You need an X-ray... Baba Kamoru did a bad job..

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How My Wrist Looks Like 5 Months After Wrist Fracture, Is It Normal? by BruncleZuma: 4:17pm On Nov 04, 2017
Did you go to an Orthopedic hospital or Baba Musiliu? That doctor should know that your hand was not properly set before casting.

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See How My Wrist Looks Like 5 Months After Wrist Fracture, Is It Normal? by afezy110(m): 4:17pm On Nov 04, 2017
woah
Re: See How My Wrist Looks Like 5 Months After Wrist Fracture, Is It Normal? by KVN1(m): 4:17pm On Nov 04, 2017
Most of these fractures usually present with degrees of swellings after healing......every orthopaedics' concern is to reduce the degree of these swellings by ensuring that these joints assume their erstwhile form and movements...
Don't also forget that from time to time...you'll experience pains there with severity depending on swollenness & stress on such joints....A fractured joint,minimally arranged causes much swellings and frequent pains.
. -Native doc(Igbo made)

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How My Wrist Looks Like 5 Months After Wrist Fracture, Is It Normal? by Lomprico2: 4:18pm On Nov 04, 2017
E don be!
Re: See How My Wrist Looks Like 5 Months After Wrist Fracture, Is It Normal? by doctokwus: 4:18pm On Nov 04, 2017
Was an XRay done to know the exact problem?
Was any manipulation done to reallign the bones before POP was applied because the way you made it sound,you just went and POP was applied,which is really weird if so.

4 Likes

Re: See How My Wrist Looks Like 5 Months After Wrist Fracture, Is It Normal? by eagleonearth(m): 4:18pm On Nov 04, 2017
Savemysoulnow:

Yes I can move it without pain
you are good to if it doesn't pain you while moving it around. It's just that it wasn't arranged properly during the pop cast.

8 Likes

Re: See How My Wrist Looks Like 5 Months After Wrist Fracture, Is It Normal? by Sunofgod(m): 4:18pm On Nov 04, 2017
It no set correctly.,,, surgery now required.

1 Like

Re: See How My Wrist Looks Like 5 Months After Wrist Fracture, Is It Normal? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Nov 04, 2017
i will advice you go for an X-ray asap...

When this happens, it is called a distal ulna fracture. This fracture was first described by an Irish surgeon and anatomist, Abraham Colles, in 1814; hence the name, "Colles' " fracture. A broken wrist usually causes pain and swelling, and frequently causes a deformity, causing the wrist to look bent.

See your doctor for a diagnosis. The doctor will take an X-ray of the wrist. The fracture is almost always about 1 inch from the end of the bone. If the fracture extends into the joint, it is called an intra-articular fracture; if it does not, it is called an extra-articular fracture. ("Articular" means "joint."wink If the fractured bone breaks the skin, it is called an open fracture. If the bone is broken into more than two pieces, it is called a comminuted fracture. A fracture is more difficult to treat if it is intra-articular, open or comminuted.

Treatment

There are many treatment choices. Your orthopaedic surgeon will describe what options are right for you. The choice depends on many factors, such as the nature of your fracture, your age and activity level, and your surgeon's personal preferences. The following is a general discussion of the possible options, just so you have a better idea of what your orthopaedic surgeon might recommend for you

SO FEAR NOT, JUST VISIT THE HOSPITAL AND DO THE RIGHT THING AND YOU WILL BE FINE BY THE GRACE OF THE ALMIGHTY GOD

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How My Wrist Looks Like 5 Months After Wrist Fracture, Is It Normal? by Nathdoug(m): 4:19pm On Nov 04, 2017
GO TO A PHYSIOTHERAPIST TELL HIM TO BRAKE THE HAND AND RE SET IT AGAIN

13 Likes

Re: See How My Wrist Looks Like 5 Months After Wrist Fracture, Is It Normal? by free2ryhme: 4:20pm On Nov 04, 2017
Make we no discourage you

use am like that

it has already healed

cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

Re: See How My Wrist Looks Like 5 Months After Wrist Fracture, Is It Normal? by AuroraB(f): 4:21pm On Nov 04, 2017
Make NwaAmaikpe no come here lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: See How My Wrist Looks Like 5 Months After Wrist Fracture, Is It Normal? by kay29000(m): 4:21pm On Nov 04, 2017
Hmm
Re: See How My Wrist Looks Like 5 Months After Wrist Fracture, Is It Normal? by eagleonearth(m): 4:21pm On Nov 04, 2017
Nathdoug:
GO TO A PHYSIOTHERAPIST TELL HIM TO BRAKE THE HAND AND RE SET IT AGAIN
can you be serious for once?

4 Likes

Re: See How My Wrist Looks Like 5 Months After Wrist Fracture, Is It Normal? by hopefulLandlord: 4:22pm On Nov 04, 2017
that looks like it should be painful
Re: See How My Wrist Looks Like 5 Months After Wrist Fracture, Is It Normal? by Guilderland1(m): 4:22pm On Nov 04, 2017
I have the same related issue but mine is my last little finger, it has refused to stand up right.

4 Likes

Re: See How My Wrist Looks Like 5 Months After Wrist Fracture, Is It Normal? by MistadeRegal(m): 4:22pm On Nov 04, 2017
Reminds me of Braun Strowman vs Roman Reigns Balls Od Fire(Ambulance Match)

1 Like

Re: See How My Wrist Looks Like 5 Months After Wrist Fracture, Is It Normal? by talk2percy(m): 4:22pm On Nov 04, 2017
Guy that doctor is about to disfigure ur wrist oh...go for an x-ray
Re: See How My Wrist Looks Like 5 Months After Wrist Fracture, Is It Normal? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Nov 04, 2017
Lool bone setter things grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: See How My Wrist Looks Like 5 Months After Wrist Fracture, Is It Normal? by Adaumunocha(f): 4:23pm On Nov 04, 2017
They didn't set your wrist properly before the PoP....
Go to local bone setters to correct that mistake if possible .
Re: See How My Wrist Looks Like 5 Months After Wrist Fracture, Is It Normal? by jliusadura(m): 4:24pm On Nov 04, 2017
Savemysoulnow:
Good morning dear nairalanders

Please I want you to advise me...

On June 3, 2017, I fractured my left wrist in a minor accident.

4 days later, I went to the orthopaedic hospital & they placed POP on it.

On July 21, 2017. The POP was removed & I could see my hand very tiny compared to the right hand. But as time goes on it keeps looking healthier just like the right hand.
The doctor recommended some drugs for me (which I'm still taking till today)

I visit the hospital every time for my checkup. But the doctor keeps telling me that the wrist is still undergoing CONSOLIDATION stage.

This is my major concern... My wrist which I highlighted in the below pics, is that how it'll look deformed or what?

What could be the exact problem?
Buy Angel ointment and apply 3 times daily. Thank me after 5 days

1 Like

Re: See How My Wrist Looks Like 5 Months After Wrist Fracture, Is It Normal? by Nathdoug(m): 4:25pm On Nov 04, 2017
eagleonearth:
can you be serious for once?
you won't believe I am serious
Re: See How My Wrist Looks Like 5 Months After Wrist Fracture, Is It Normal? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Nov 04, 2017
Hmm
Re: See How My Wrist Looks Like 5 Months After Wrist Fracture, Is It Normal? by Aieboocaar(m): 4:26pm On Nov 04, 2017
woaw
Re: See How My Wrist Looks Like 5 Months After Wrist Fracture, Is It Normal? by babablogger: 4:26pm On Nov 04, 2017
You went to a quack orthopaedic hospital

2 Likes

Re: See How My Wrist Looks Like 5 Months After Wrist Fracture, Is It Normal? by bidexolumanish(m): 4:26pm On Nov 04, 2017
BruncleZuma:
Did you go to an Orthopedic hospital or Baba Musiliu?
jamiu ,must u do this always?
Re: See How My Wrist Looks Like 5 Months After Wrist Fracture, Is It Normal? by osobase01(m): 4:27pm On Nov 04, 2017
can never look natural but it should have been more straight dan dis

usually d pop is responsible for d new shape... trado r good at times cos does will have time to check it on everyday bases rather Dan Doctor Who will just place u on pop straight away

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Recognize A Stroke And What To Do To Prevent It. / Protest in Uniport Teaching Hospital today due to the death of a student / Seven Diseases Acquired Via MouthAction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.