Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,398 members, 7,781,146 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:44 AM

Am Loosing My Friend To Strong Stammering. What Can I Do To Help Him - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Am Loosing My Friend To Strong Stammering. What Can I Do To Help Him (612 Views)

Overweight Chinese Man's Belly Help Him Escape Death After He Fell Into A Well / Stammering: Steps On How To Reduce It And Speech Therapy / How Can I Help My 5 Year-Old Son To Stop Stammering? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am Loosing My Friend To Strong Stammering. What Can I Do To Help Him by samidbest001(m): 6:01pm On Nov 04, 2017
Please how can I help my friend with a strong problem of stammering. It's making him feel this low self esteem.
Re: Am Loosing My Friend To Strong Stammering. What Can I Do To Help Him by dingbang(m): 6:03pm On Nov 04, 2017
People are physically challenged... People are in the hospitals.. People have serious knock knees.. People have bow legs... People have bad breath...

So your friend should be thankful. And appreciate himself.

1 Like

Re: Am Loosing My Friend To Strong Stammering. What Can I Do To Help Him by MhizzAJ(f): 6:05pm On Nov 04, 2017
He shouldn't feel bad
He should just accept the whole thing like that

There are people in worse conditions
Re: Am Loosing My Friend To Strong Stammering. What Can I Do To Help Him by Dutchey(m): 6:14pm On Nov 04, 2017
keep praying for him....thou have never heard it being cured before
Re: Am Loosing My Friend To Strong Stammering. What Can I Do To Help Him by sinaj(f): 6:16pm On Nov 04, 2017
Lol.

Just help him work on his self concept smiley
Re: Am Loosing My Friend To Strong Stammering. What Can I Do To Help Him by Seeker17(m): 6:24pm On Nov 04, 2017
Oh, how I wish ur friend could read 'How to talk to anyone anytime and anywhere' by Larry King..
In it There are stories of Chronic Stammerers who have excelled in their seperate fields coz they refused to shy away from their condition, refuse to be intimidated and few other tips

You wanna help ur friend? Get him that book and who knows? Reading stories of ppl like him in high places might go a long way in increasing his self esteem.

Then keep praying for him; Low self esteem can be a dangerous thing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am Loosing My Friend To Strong Stammering. What Can I Do To Help Him by madridguy(m): 6:28pm On Nov 04, 2017
@ OP, you just remind me of a friend like that back days in primary school. My guy will have to turn his neck to 360 degree like fowl with flu before he could talk grin grin grin we go laugh tire.......

Well, just tell him to always talk gently and one after the other.
Re: Am Loosing My Friend To Strong Stammering. What Can I Do To Help Him by chineduemmao: 6:34pm On Nov 04, 2017
Remind him of sir wilson churchil.

Thank me later
Re: Am Loosing My Friend To Strong Stammering. What Can I Do To Help Him by Kondomatic(m): 6:39pm On Nov 04, 2017
madridguy:
@ OP, you just remind me of a friend like that back days in primary school. My guy will have to turn his neck to 360 degree like fowl with flu before he could talk grin grin grin we go laugh tire.......

Well, just tell him to always talk gently and one after the other.
I have two friends that do hard starting and I feel bad about it, especially when I see one of them that slaps himself just to get the words out. I used to do hard starting too but I managed to overcome it. The only time you notice it is when I am very very angry. It can be mastered if you can control the speed of your speech. I thank God for my life.
Re: Am Loosing My Friend To Strong Stammering. What Can I Do To Help Him by SuperSuave(m): 6:55pm On Nov 04, 2017
Kondomatic:
I have two friends that do hard starting and I feel bad about it, especially when I see one of them that slaps himself just to get the words out. I used to do hard starting too but I managed to overcome it. The only time you notice it is when I am very very angry. It can be mastered if you can control the speed of your speech. I thank God for my life.
I never knew there's a condition like this. I had a friend, he's late now, he used to twist his neck whenever he's really into a discussion but I thought it was just a bad habit.

I used to stammer when I was small, how I got over it, I don't know.
Re: Am Loosing My Friend To Strong Stammering. What Can I Do To Help Him by Kondomatic(m): 7:46pm On Nov 04, 2017
SuperSuave:
I never knew there's a condition like this. I had a friend, he's late now, he used to twist his neck whenever he's really into a discussion but I thought it was just a bad habit.

I used to stammer when I was small, how I got over it, I don't know.
Some outgrown their own while some learn to control theirs. Speech impediment isn't funny walahi.

1 Like

Re: Am Loosing My Friend To Strong Stammering. What Can I Do To Help Him by SuperSuave(m): 8:11pm On Nov 04, 2017
Kondomatic:
Some outgrown their own while some learn to control theirs. Speech impediment isn't funny walahi.
It's not o my brother even though some find it funny and even make jest of the victim. I think the best way to control them is by learning to reduce the speed of ones speech, with time, things will get better.
Re: Am Loosing My Friend To Strong Stammering. What Can I Do To Help Him by EagleScribes: 8:47pm On Nov 04, 2017
He can also approach a speech therapist. That will go a long way to help.

I am very sure that he's good at doing some things. More likely singing. Let him focus on what he's good at doing
Re: Am Loosing My Friend To Strong Stammering. What Can I Do To Help Him by samidbest001(m): 10:35pm On Nov 04, 2017
[quote author=Seeker17 post=62074614]Oh, how I wish ur friend could read 'How to talk to anyone anytime and anywhere' by Larry King..
In it There are stories of Chronic Stammerers who have excelled in their seperate fields coz they refused to shy away from their condition, refuse to be intimidated and few other tips

You wanna help ur friend? Get him that book and who knows? Reading stories of ppl like him in high places might go a long way in increasing his self esteem.

Then keep praying for him; Low self esteem can be a dangerous thing
Thanks, for your suggestions

(1) (Reply)

Man Walks Away From A Ghastly Accident With Just A Little Cut / Wondering Why You Wake Up In The Night? Here Are 6 Reasons / Are You Hiv Positive? A Must Read For You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.