Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,700 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:38 PM

Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. (22330 Views)

Reasons Why Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In The Bank / Few Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Bank / Five Revealing Reasons Why Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In The (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by olowobaba10: 8:02am On Nov 05, 2017
D
Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by pomsy: 8:05am On Nov 05, 2017
There's only one proven strategy for growing your wealth while protecting you from inflation while also freeing you from the ups and downs of the markets: investing in income-producing real estate. Your tenants buy the property for you   Positive cash flow is built into the deal -- (we live by this at Giselle Homes)   Demand for rental housing is high: occupancy is at an all-time high and rents are rising   Real estate (unlike paper investments) is a tangible asset whose value will not and cannot drop to zero   Huge tax advantages! But you hear about the hassles, and just don't have the time, the expertise or the desire to run a 24-7 real estate operation. We understand completely. That is why Giselle Homes exists with our turn-key solution that gives you access to outstanding real estate investment opportunities and manages the whole process for you! To find out what these winning strategies can mean for you, call Giselle Homes expert today 
Contact Giselle Homes‎
Beulah Land Plaza, By Lekki 3Rd round about,By Lamborgini Building, Lekki/Epe expressway,
Lagos. Nigeria
Tel: 2348069683185, 2348023102481
E-mail:info@gisellehomes.com
Facebook:Giselle Homes 
Instagram:@gisellehomes
Twitter:@gisellehomes
Linked in: Giselle Homes‎
www.gisellehomes.com

Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by Partnerbiz(f): 8:06am On Nov 05, 2017
LeoT1:
Good write up but the realities on ground are very different. I was an advocate of real estate and I have invested millions into property (houses, flats, lands, shops etc) over the last 5 years. I took time to do the maths recently and I realised that the opportunity cost clearly outweigh the ROI from these ventures. Here are the facts:
1. I had an opportunity to invest on treasury bills or by a shop in lekki for 5m . I opted for the later. The rental income was a paltry 250k per annum gross without discounting for maintenance cost and estate management agent cost. The asking price of the shop today is 6m. At treasury bills rate was 18% for 5 years. Do the maths.

I have other experiences that are less palatable than this. Rental income is normally between 5 to 7%. Normal property appreciation could even be lower. There are "trophy property " that could bring a lot of returns but they are one and far between. Go to the cemetery of lost investments from real estate, you may never touch it again from a dozen feet away. Remember only successful cases make the news. It's like a lottery.
You made some points but you can never get 18% for five years on any investment. T bills is 1 year max.

2 Likes

Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by otokx(m): 8:06am On Nov 05, 2017
Theory is different from practical.
Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by yanshDoctor: 8:08am On Nov 05, 2017
akilo1:
very true,I just bought a plot of land in warri worth 1.4m but if I decide to sell that land now for just a period of 2months since I bought it,I will sell it for 2.2m and customers are ready to cash it but I will build on it,saving money in the bank is like giving ypir money to those who want to be richer with yoir money,but the problem with real estate is the problem of been dupe by greedy nigerians
how do one buy a land in warri?
Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:11am On Nov 05, 2017
LeoT1:
Good write up but the realities on ground are very different. I was an advocate of real estate and I have invested millions into property (houses, flats, lands, shops etc) over the last 5 years. I took time to do the maths recently and I realised that the opportunity cost clearly outweigh the ROI from these ventures. Here are the facts:
1. I had an opportunity to invest on treasury bills or by a shop in lekki for 5m . I opted for the later. The rental income was a paltry 250k per annum gross without discounting for maintenance cost and estate management agent cost. The asking price of the shop today is 6m. At treasury bills rate was 18% for 5 years. Do the maths.

I have other experiences that are less palatable than this. Rental income is normally between 5 to 7%. Normal property appreciation could even be lower. There are "trophy property " that could bring a lot of returns but they are one and far between. Go to the cemetery of lost investments from real estate, you may never touch it again from a dozen feet away. Remember only successful cases make the news. It's like a lottery.

This is because most real estate investment are over priced, very few are appropriately priced.
Knowledge of investment valuation is very important. When an investor over pay for an investment the ROI will be be paltry.

4 Likes

Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by money121(m): 8:11am On Nov 05, 2017
Ok

HOW TO MAKE MONEY BY INTRODUCING US TO BUILDERS OR DIRECT OWNERS OF THE HOUSE!!!

✔ Do you have a smart phone or tablet ?
✔ Then you can make money with us .
✔ making legitimate money is easy , but the challenge is knowing how .

I own a company which is into Roofing Sheet( Aluminium,Stone Coated,Rain Gutters)
we work anywhere in this country and we are doing good.

We have a new strategy that would help us drive sales and also put money in your pocket.

✔ DO YOU KNOW ANYONE BUILDING A HOUSE AROUND YOU AND THE BUILDING @ ROOFING STAGE?
✔ INTRODUCE US TO THEM AND GET PAID REASONABLY.
✔ JUST TELL THEM ABOUT WHAT WE DO
✔ SHOW THEM PICTURES OF OUR JOBS
✔ GIVE THEM OUR CONTACT INFO

CALL/ WHATSAPP 08085310359
EMAIL: Engr.ayyub@gmail.com

For more information, Check out Our Thread on Nairaland : https://www.nairaland.com/3364135/roofing-sheets-cost-various-types

Kindly promote us by sharing this post. share it now!!
Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by demolaxl(m): 8:13am On Nov 05, 2017
I have sold properties to so many Nairalanders home and abroad. I can get you Arium estate in Abijo for 6 million and you can commence building next year.

I also have other lands with C OF O, Governor's consent or excision.

I also sell commercial lands facing the roads and buildings in Sangotedo

Contacts: whatsapp/call: +(234) 08103934156
You can also call 08060020301
Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by damola1: 8:15am On Nov 05, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

This is because most real estate investment are over priced, very few are appropriately priced.
Knowledge of investment valuation is very important. When an investor over pay for an investment the ROI will be be paltry.

Na true this man talk. hin talk say, na the people wey sell am give you chop the profit.. cos you no get street cred.

2 Likes

Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by iykepromotions: 8:25am On Nov 05, 2017
You can equally invest in online real estate. ie buying and selling of EXPIRED domain names. for example i bought a domain for 5.99 and resold it $499 within 7 days of registration. to fully get started do more research on your own or check out my thread here on NL.

2 Likes

Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by azorahomes: 8:26am On Nov 05, 2017
davidflipcy5856:
it's true. but how do I invest in real estate?

I can send you material to read up on concerning real estate in Lagos. It’s also very easy to verify properties and their titles in Lagos state.whatsapp 08178492105. We verify our properties before we advertise.
Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by Bodun88: 8:31am On Nov 05, 2017
LeoT1:

Thanks a lot for this. So true. These real estate marketers are in it for their pockets. If you want to own a property for the sake of it, all well and good. But if you want a get rich quick scheme then you might be on a long thing. Someone up there wants to invest 100k, I'm sure its one square meter of land he wants to buy.

4 Likes

Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by azorahomes: 8:34am On Nov 05, 2017
rawpadgin:
fear........

One of the major tools the devil uses to hold people back

These days in Lagos state, there are many ways to guarantee and verify a property. Contact me today on 08178392105 and I will ensure you are never duped again when it comes to purchasing real estate.
Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by rawpadgin(m): 8:40am On Nov 05, 2017
azorahomes:

These days in Lagos state, there are many ways to guarantee and verify a property. Contact me today on 08178392105 and I will ensure you are never duped again when it comes to purchasing real estate.
u quoted the wrong guy bro undecided
Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by azorahomes: 8:57am On Nov 05, 2017
ayoadekunle79:
how can i start this estate stuff my bank are just chooping my money with #50 when ever i withdraw.

Contact Azora Homes on 08178392105. We have properties to suit most budgets. The most important thing is we professionally advice our clients on what investments to make to guarantee long term return on investments. The most important thing to us is helping our clients make the best real estate decisions.
Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by dcutey: 8:59am On Nov 05, 2017
There's no doubt that investing in real estate is profitable if one does proper due diligence but many might not be able to afford to own a property. However, there are ways one can invest any sum of money into the real estate business and make returns.
Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by azorahomes: 9:01am On Nov 05, 2017
Cutehector:
Oya real estate agents should mention me.. I am ready to invest ..

Hehe I am mentioning you oo. Trust us to help you make the best real estate advice. We put our clients interest first. Call/whatsapp Azora Homes on 08178392105.
Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by akilo1: 9:18am On Nov 05, 2017
yanshDoctor:
how do one buy a land in warri?
my sister is a tenant to where there seller sister landlady and the landlady told my sister to find a buyer for her sister land,very nice plot of land ,I 've to verify properly before paying and I was given the original agreement the owner was given at the time she bought it
Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by Mcslize: 9:24am On Nov 05, 2017
akilo1:
very true,I just bought a plot of land in warri worth 1.4m but if I decide to sell that land now for just a period of 2months since I bought it,I will sell it for 2.2m and customers are ready to cash it but I will build on it,saving money in the bank is like giving ypir money to those who want to be richer with yoir money,but the problem with real estate is the problem of been dupe by greedy nigerians

Bro ,that's nice. What's the size of the land and what type of house do you intend building on it?
Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by PPMCP: 9:24am On Nov 05, 2017
My igbo brothers. please do not buy at least your fifth land outside igboland. what I mean is if you have at least five good plot of land in igboland, then you can now buy land outside igboland. be wise, a lot of lazy regions would readily make troubles with you in a bid to grab your land. You find them in especially Southern part of Nigeria, I had that experience, even though I won the case. Thanks to ambode if Lagos state who is out to jail omomile.

3 Likes

Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:28am On Nov 05, 2017
Partnerbiz:

You made some points but you can never get 18% for five years on any investment. T bills is 1 year max.

Treasury Bills of 18% will give you a true yield of about 22%.

You also have the option of rollover, I have been rolling over some of my Treasury Bills investment for the past 3 years.

3 Likes

Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by Mcslize: 9:28am On Nov 05, 2017
LeoT1:

Hello bro, I am been hearing of this Treasury bills . How does it work? pls throw some light on it cuz I may go into that any time soon by the grace of God.
Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by Marcdon10(m): 9:31am On Nov 05, 2017
Invest now in the smart estate and get multiples in return of investment...
For free inspection and more details please contact Adeshina now on +2348125429017
Email:Adesinababatunde2000@gmail.com..Thanks, God Bless y'all
Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by Mcslize: 9:33am On Nov 05, 2017
Is anyone into Treasury bills here? I have been hearing of it but don't know how it works. Can someone kindly explain. I know it deals with the bank. It's different from fix deposit. I really need to know about it.

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by yanshDoctor: 9:37am On Nov 05, 2017
akilo1:
my sister is a tenant to where there seller sister landlady and the landlady told my sister to find a buyer for her sister land,very nice plot of land ,I 've to verify properly before paying and I was given the original agreement the owner was given at the time she bought it
ok. i like to buy in warri.
Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by Marcdon10(m): 9:39am On Nov 05, 2017
Marcdon10:
Invest now in the smart estate and get multiples in return of investment...
For free inspection and more details please contact Adeshina now on +2348125429017
Email:Adesinababatunde2000@gmail.com..Thanks, God Bless y'all
Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by Marcdon10(m): 9:42am On Nov 05, 2017
Check out my page for more details on investment @Marcdon10..Thanks..
Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by PearlStreet(m): 9:52am On Nov 05, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

There is an estate selling land here on NL, by December last year, their plots were going for 10M and they were threatening to increase the price to 12M.

I was shocked last week when I saw plots in that same estate selling for 7M.

5 Likes

Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by dotcomnamename: 9:52am On Nov 05, 2017
LeoT1:

You will live long. Don't mind them.

In a matter of weeks I will earn big. I mean big profits in my Treasury Bills not to talk of other treasury bills I invested on. One profit on one of my treasury bills is the rental income of some properties in a year. Plus my money is 100% safe, no omonile headache, no 419, no land grabbers olori ebi Wahala, no spiritual attack, no fake C of O, no fake family receipt, no fake red copy, I always sleep well. This is even different from my everyday smile of Mutual Funds.

Real Estate ko, Ofege Estate in. Aside my personal house, it's a no go area for now. Some of my friends are sweating now, begging for buyers and people to help then find tenants, still paying for house maintainance. Only God can help.

5 Likes

Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by PearlStreet(m): 9:55am On Nov 05, 2017
PPMCP:
My igbo brothers. please do not buy at least your fifth land outside igboland. what I mean is if you have at least five good plot of land in igboland, then you can now buy land outside igboland. be wise, a lot of lazy regions would readily make troubles with you in a bid to grab your land. You find them in especially Southern part of Nigeria, I had that experience, even though I won the case. Thanks to ambode if Lagos state who is out to jail omomile.

The total landmass of the entire Igboland is less than that of Oyo State alone. If every Igbo real estate investor buys 5 plots of land in Igboland, there'll be communal clashes of unimaginable proportions.
Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by akilo1: 9:59am On Nov 05, 2017
Mcslize:

Bro ,that's nice. What's the size of the land and what type of house do you intend building on it?
just bought it 2 months ago and will looking to how to develop it by next year
Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by akilo1: 10:00am On Nov 05, 2017
yanshDoctor:
ok. i like to buy in warri.
bro if you live there u will be able to make some contact but this mine just come when I less expect it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

BUA Distributors In Edo, Sokoto Start Buying Supplies at 3,500 / Should Kitchen And Bathroom Waste Go To The Septic Tank Or To The Soak Away / Policemen, Families Live In Danger Of Barracks’ Collapse (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.