Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,420 members, 7,781,228 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:56 AM

Best Nigerian Cash Deposit System - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Best Nigerian Cash Deposit System (1746 Views)

Help! Paystack Deposit Compromise / Online Banking Script With Mobile App And Telephone Banking With Bitcoin Deposit / How To Check Your Account Balance And Make Deposit Using Java (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Nigerian Cash Deposit System by Abiajiga(m): 9:04pm On Nov 05, 2017
Hello guys, am kalu, i have a business idea which will enable Nigerians deposit into bank accounts without neceseraly going to their respective banking halls. To make this a reality i need the following experts. A provicient programmer, an expert in ussd gateway creation, a telecom coy negotiator and an owner of a tech base company registered with the Nigeria CAC. The above categories of persons should please note that we shall enter into partnership of profit after sucess, if you fall under this categories and you are interested please indicate by commenting on this post so we can kick off the process. Thank you
Re: Best Nigerian Cash Deposit System by sholatech(m): 10:48pm On Nov 05, 2017
Interested if value addition is sure & firm.
Re: Best Nigerian Cash Deposit System by Zaron(f): 11:11pm On Nov 05, 2017
Brainstormed extensively on a similar idea in time past. Please shoot a mail - fpbmhtykb@asorent.com
Re: Best Nigerian Cash Deposit System by Abiajiga(m): 8:16am On Nov 06, 2017
sholatech:
it is sure and firm. Bt i tell u,ders going to be a serios work to do. Bt if we v all d categories needed, we ll kick ds of as a nu year system. Can i get ur mail address?
Re: Best Nigerian Cash Deposit System by Abiajiga(m): 8:27am On Nov 06, 2017
Zaron:
Brainstormed extensively on a similar idea in time past. Please shoot a mail - fpbmhtykb@asorent.com
it will amaze u hw simple the system works. Sumtyms i d tend to drop it coz it sounds to simple to b possible, bt wen i remember how d coca cola nided espanding dia biz, d idea was too simple to b true bt it worked. I will shoot u d mail. Tnx
Re: Best Nigerian Cash Deposit System by Zaron(f): 10:25am On Nov 06, 2017
Abiajiga:

While i await your mail...

Whenever i stumble over an Idea like this, it reminds me of a Similar Idea I was invited to brainstorm on years back. This was a blueprint of the IDEA we pondered on - around 2014. A whole lot would have changed today. Your's Might be completely different though. However it is implemented or who ever gets this implemented would be in for some massive gains.

Scenerio 1

Assuming user has previously registered for service VIA USSD.

User has NGN 1,000 and wishes to save. He purchases and loads an MTN Voucher of that amount. Hereafter, he dials a USSD and a User specified particular amount is deducted from the Call Credit of the User's line and a credit alert hits the Users' Bank Account(Account Lookup and Crediting done via NIBBS API) after a particular Percentage have been made on the funds - We looked at 3% then. So an Initiation of a 1K savings would cost the user just 30 NGN

Issues we discovered then, Keep in Mind that a lot would have changed since early 2014

1. The VAS via USSD System in Nigeria Telcos was not tailored for this. The Max Deduction then was 100 NGN. Would we force the User to dial the code several times to attain the 1K saving intent? There were workarounds then to this though, but it pushed profitability beyond the 3% Margin. NCC had promised to review some of the complains we pointed out to them then. I doubt if they've done that yet.

2. The Fewer USSD Sessions you have the more profitable it is as, billings were made based on Number of USSD Sessions. Refer, Point 1

3. A 1K Credit Voucher leaves the Telcos at a value far less than the face value of 1K. So clearing back at the face value at the Telcos would be Impossible as they would be loosing. There were also workaround for this though, but they would push profitability far above the 3% margin

4. MTN & the Defunct Etisalat had the fastest clearing then, with Glo taking upwards of months. This meant that you would need to have Liquid Cash equivilent to the Popularity/Success of the Scheme.

5. Acceptability, Nigerians are naturally skeptical of Who holds their funds. A survey proved that more then 68% were skeptical. This was before the reappearance of these Money doubling schemes(MMM, etc).Though,We had Ecobank willing to support then, Keeping profitability at 3% was difficult no matter how large the system scaled.

I forgot to mention that for NIBBS to give you access to their API, you would need a Mobile Money Licence from Central Bank and they charged 1.5 NGN/API Hit.\

Scenerio 2

1. Build a Mobile App and Use some API from MTN and the defunct Etisalat with workaround for other Telcos.

2. This solved few of the challenges in Scenario 1, but pushed profitability Margin to a ~10% service Charge.

3. At this charge, the aim of the service becomes almost defeated.

I could provide fine details of Months research on this version of the idea on request to whoever and provide whatever support time would permit me to, all at no Strings!

2 Likes

Re: Best Nigerian Cash Deposit System by Abiajiga(m): 1:32pm On Nov 06, 2017
Zaron:
Abiajiga:

While i await your mail...

Whenever i stumble over an Idea like this, it reminds me of a Similar Idea I was invited to brainstorm on years back. This was a blueprint of the IDEA we pondered on - around 2014. A whole lot would have changed today. Your's Might be completely different though. However it is implemented or who ever gets this implemented would be in for some massive gains.

Scenerio 1

Assuming user has previously registered for service VIA USSD.

User has NGN 1,000 and wishes to save. He purchases and loads an MTN Voucher of that amount. Hereafter, he dials a USSD and a User specified particular amount is deducted from the Call Credit of the User's line and a credit alert hits the Users' Bank Account(Account Lookup and Crediting done via NIBBS API) after a particular Percentage have been made on the funds - We looked at 3% then. So an Initiation of a 1K savings would cost the user just 30 NGN

Issues we discovered then, Keep in Mind that a lot would have changed since early 2014

1. The VAS via USSD System in Nigeria Telcos was not tailored for this. The Max Deduction then was 100 NGN. Would we force the User to dial the code several times to attain the 1K saving intent? There were workarounds then to this though, but it pushed profitability beyond the 3% Margin. NCC had promised to review some of the complains we pointed out to them then. I doubt if they've done that yet.

2. The Fewer USSD Sessions you have the more profitable it is as, billings were made based on Number of USSD Sessions. Refer, Point 1

3. A 1K Credit Voucher leaves the Telcos at a value far less than the face value of 1K. So clearing back at the face value at the Telcos would be Impossible as they would be loosing. There were also workaround for this though, but they would push profitability far above the 3% margin

4. MTN & the Defunct Etisalat had the fastest clearing then, with Glo taking upwards of months. This meant that you would need to have Liquid Cash equivilent to the Popularity/Success of the Scheme.

5. Acceptability, Nigerians are naturally skeptical of Who holds their funds. A survey proved that more then 68% were skeptical. This was before the reappearance of these Money doubling schemes(MMM, etc).Though,We had Ecobank willing to support then, Keeping profitability at 3% was difficult no matter how large the system scaled.

I forgot to mention that for NIBBS to give you access to their API, you would need a Mobile Money Licence from Central Bank and they charged 1.5 NGN/API Hit.\

Scenerio 2

1. Build a Mobile App and Use some API from MTN and the defunct Etisalat with workaround for other Telcos.

2. This solved few of the challenges in Scenario 1, but pushed profitability Margin to a ~10% service Charge.

3. At this charge, the aim of the service becomes almost defeated.

I could provide fine details of Months research on this version of the idea on request to whoever and provide whatever support time would permit me to, all at no Strings!
as u v rytly stated, alot has changed since then. We have an improved telco system in place n ussd designs that ll enable multiple page accesibility. I ll nid u to send me a copy of ur reseaches and how fa u went back den. Bt meanyle, can u bring tgda ur team so we can start processin the assembly of the pre reauired tools we nid. I left u a mail, pls respond by send me d copy. Tnx
Re: Best Nigerian Cash Deposit System by Abiajiga(m): 1:34pm On Nov 06, 2017
sholatech:
pls wich category do u fall under and wich address do i reach tru?
Re: Best Nigerian Cash Deposit System by hontimmy(m): 2:59pm On Nov 06, 2017
Am willing to be part of this..
programming
mail:;oyewoletimmy20@gmail.com
Re: Best Nigerian Cash Deposit System by sholatech(m): 5:06pm On Nov 06, 2017
Send me email to bayroyalhtc@gmail.com

I have a company, have wide contacts within the telcos/CBN and team of young developers. I also think we can work together with Zaron. She shared some insightful details
Re: Best Nigerian Cash Deposit System by Zaron(f): 9:20pm On Nov 06, 2017
Abiajiga:

I've replied your mails. I somehow could not see the diagram. Mind sending again?
Re: Best Nigerian Cash Deposit System by Zaron(f): 9:23pm On Nov 06, 2017
sholatech:

Thank you for the kind words.
Re: Best Nigerian Cash Deposit System by Abiajiga(m): 6:09pm On Nov 07, 2017
i v sent out mails to dos who responded to ma previous mails. Sholateck i v nt gotten a respons frm u yet
Re: Best Nigerian Cash Deposit System by charismaticdave(m): 3:37am On Nov 08, 2017
Abiajiga:
Hello guys, am kalu, i have a business idea which will enable Nigerians deposit into bank accounts without neceseraly going to their respective banking halls. To make this a reality i need the following experts. A provicient programmer, an expert in ussd gateway creation, a telecom coy negotiator and an owner of a tech base company registered with the Nigeria CAC. The above categories of persons should please note that we shall enter into partnership of profit after sucess, if you fall under this categories and you are interested please indicate by commenting on this post so we can kick off the process. Thank you

Nice concept

I am already working on something similar to this. We can brainstorm if you will be interested
Re: Best Nigerian Cash Deposit System by sholatech(m): 6:14am On Nov 08, 2017
Abiajiga:
i v sent out mails to dos who responded to ma previous mails. Sholateck i v nt gotten a respons frm u yet

Will reply you today and also arrange how we meet.
Re: Best Nigerian Cash Deposit System by Abiajiga(m): 5:33pm On Nov 08, 2017
charismaticdave:

Nice concept

I am already working on something similar to this. We can brainstorm if you will be interested
abiajiga@gmail.com. Am open to makin it work, nt brainstormin alone. Shot me a summarised version of urs
Re: Best Nigerian Cash Deposit System by Abiajiga(m): 11:20am On Nov 09, 2017
Zaron:
Abiajiga:

I've replied your mails. I somehow could not see the diagram. Mind sending again?
v sent it 24hrs ago.
Re: Best Nigerian Cash Deposit System by mcameo: 3:11pm On Nov 09, 2017
Registered company and funding. Send mail to mcameo@mail.com
Re: Best Nigerian Cash Deposit System by Abiajiga(m): 4:06pm On Nov 09, 2017
hontimmy confirm recieption of nu mail pls. Mcameo, is da a correct email address?
Re: Best Nigerian Cash Deposit System by mcameo: 5:41pm On Nov 09, 2017
Abiajiga:
hontimmy confirm recieption of nu mail pls. Mcameo, is da a correct email address?

mcameo@mail.com. Please resend.
Re: Best Nigerian Cash Deposit System by mcameo: 5:42pm On Nov 09, 2017
hontimmy confirm recieption of nu mail pls. Mcameo, is da a correct email address?[/quote]

mcameo@mail.com. Please resend.
Re: Best Nigerian Cash Deposit System by mcameo: 6:12pm On Nov 09, 2017
@Abiajida, better still, i sent you a mail. Pls check.
Re: Best Nigerian Cash Deposit System by Abiajiga(m): 12:27am On Nov 10, 2017
mcameo:
@Abiajida, better still, i sent you a mail. Pls check.
yea i got it tnx. Ll send u d patch rundown. Am still searching for a programer as hontimmy is not responding. Dats my first step. I am really diggin it to get a ussd gateway provider to offer a trial bfor purchase to enable us test services created.

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Cash Deposit System by sholatech(m): 2:16pm On Nov 11, 2017
sholatech:

Will reply you today and also arrange how we meet.

I've sent you email with my phone number so we take this further.

(1) (Reply)

Free Inventory Software For Android, Windows, iOS, Mac Etc - SmartBizVentory / If You Want To Be A Great Programmer, Stop Asking For Source Codes / Journey To Solidity/blockchain/dapps Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.