Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,733 members, 7,806,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:07 AM

Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing (54189 Views)

Daddy Freeze Replies Leke Adeboye On Farming And Trade By Barter / Pastor Nicolas Uagbor: "Daddy Freeze May Die Before Next Year". Freeze Replies / Daddy Freeze Replies Apostle Suleman On Tithing (Free The Sheeple) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by jamace(m): 12:28pm On Nov 07, 2017
Silumi:
They are really shaking this man's calabash in his village he has no fear of God at all .....that equates to the greatest folly ever.
Freeze is telling them the truth, to stop stealing in the name of the Lord. Chikenan.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by martineverest(m): 12:28pm On Nov 07, 2017
sharpwriter:

Don't mind me my brother. I too go to redeemed , but I have grown above all those doctrines. The day that understanding hit me was the day I knew it is not easy to have faith or believe in the words of God. It takes force and might to believe in God's words over the voice of man, because we dont see God physically. For example, if Christians were to debate the issue of wine as an alcoholic drink, then you will know that another Hurricane has come. But I observed that God is wise and has used little things to make the wise foolish, so that nobody will claim any glory. That is why, even when we think we know, we really dont know, because there will always be a superior knowledge to what we pride in. Nd that is why we need to bow to the truth when we see it, so that we can remain humble.
I was also a redeemer too until early this year when my eyes became opened to the truth generally

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by Slaveman343: 12:29pm On Nov 07, 2017
Eteriayaoba:

I don't think anyone has the right to tell another how he/she should spend his/her money, except of course the Mother/Father (even they can only give advice nothing more).
I don't understand why some pple are pained that somebody is paying tithe. Is it not their money? They have the right to spend it as they like. Dont use drug for another person's headache!
We should be more concerned about the money we are forced to pay (tax) and is not being utilized. Let's hold public office holders accountable!! This affects all Nigerians: male/female, young/old, North/South, Christian/Muslim. Unlike tithe which does not concern everybody and for those concerned (Christians) it is still voluntary! You pay because u want to, it is not deducted from source.
I said it before, this issue is of no benefit to the society in any way.
Shuooo na u i quote undecided
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by tealaw(m): 12:33pm On Nov 07, 2017
Nigerians r d most religiou n also d poorest
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by Nobody: 12:34pm On Nov 07, 2017
jacyhelen:

u mad a valid point but my anger is ,since my life i have never seen any pastor preach Deutronomy 14.22 to end!!!..Its always malachai 3 vs 10 which Freez explained...There,you are robbing me was said by God to the levites!!!!
Pls just read Deutronomy 14 22 to end thats all!!!
just read it and I think that verse should also be properly explained to people because it also confuses me and raises more questions but I think I do the widow and fatherless part. Well, praying for understanding. I do not argue what I do not fully understand
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by superpauL(m): 12:35pm On Nov 07, 2017
Smellymouth:
Merrybet odds--

Daddy Freeze to win -- 1.28..

Tithers to win -- 2.20..

Full time draw-- 3.80..

As for me I dey carry daddy freeze straight win home and away, home to win first and second half and over 2.5..

2 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by Chukazu: 12:35pm On Nov 07, 2017
Hmmm...freeze right now , after getting the attention you have been craving for undecided

Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by Luisema4luv(m): 12:38pm On Nov 07, 2017
Abudu2000:
kikikiki, if I gist my own you go laugh faint.... pastor wey say we have to visit the mountain by flight, I guess moses was gonna be present on that day.....the freaking icing on the cake was when the man of God started eyeing my neck chain and claimed I could deposi it since I told him my money haven't arrived yet because of the demons that was desturbing my life.....

Well I acted like I fell for the mountain so I asked which of the mountains, Everest or.. hahahaha, my good man of God said I didn't have to be there that he has to go alone...all I had to do was pay the money for him to book he flight....my brother I dey busy now I no fit talk joor, lol

Looooool, omo i cant fit to laugh jare. B lik d people wer bn dy hold ur blessing build house for north pole so d man of *god* need flight money to beg dem to leave u
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by Walelavender(m): 12:42pm On Nov 07, 2017
PaChukwudi44:

it doesn't matter what anyone thinksThe truth will always remain the truth.The koko remains are Christians under the new covenant still required to pay tithes?
According to Mat 5:17;Christ talked about not coming to abolish the law (Old Covenant) but to fulfil it-which he did on the Cross, at Calvary (New Covenant).
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by Olifiz(m): 12:44pm On Nov 07, 2017
The commandment to tithe, or contribute a tenth of one’s belongings, was part of the Law given to the ancient nation of Israel. However, the Bible makes it clear that this Law—including the “commandment to collect tithes”—does not apply to Christians.—Hebrews 7:5, 18; Colossians 2:13, 14.

Rather than giving required tithes and offerings, the early Christians support their ministry in two ways: by performing their personal ministerial work without pay and by making voluntary donations.

Let us thus follow the Bible’s direction to Christians: “Let each one do just as he has resolved in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.”—2 Corinthians 9:7

JW.org

3 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by coolqayy(m): 12:48pm On Nov 07, 2017
nairavsdollars:
If over 20 million RCCG members descend on you, your life will never remain the same again
over 20million? I can't imagine how much tithe he go be every weekend
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by Henitan24(f): 12:52pm On Nov 07, 2017
Larrey:
Hmm. I pay my tithe and Not supporting or opposing daddy freeze, but the pastors should explain more to us about tithe with Bible verses.

We don't pay tithe in my church infact how pastor has never mentioned that word to our hearing before and God has been performing wonders in our midst. Let's be frank with one another as a Christian, I believe our mindset about tithe should change. No one should quote Malachi 3:10 anymore or believe everything our pastors say. We should all read and understand the Bible as an individual. Our perception differs so also the pastors. We shouldn't pay anything in church apart from offering to assist those in need. I'm supporting Daddy freeze.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by kizyalex10(m): 12:56pm On Nov 07, 2017
Freeze is jst too intelligent.people will hate him because he is saying d truth.someone like Anita Joseph will pay tithe after oloshoing, politiefcians will pay tithe after killing thousands of souls directly or indirectly through their wicked policies nd money laundering meant for the poor.fraudsters, kidnappers,etc.pastors preach less abt salvation but hammer more on tithe nd seed sowing.live flamboyant live styles.yet these politicians nd other crime pepertuating animals will be noticed nd stay in d front sit of the church.have first hand access to visit d general overseer,while u who is worshiping God in truth nd in spirit,sweep d church nd do other manual labour will require God's intervention for u to see the general overseer.hmmmmmmm indeed my people perish because of lack of knowledge.i prefer to give nd empower an illustrious youth instead of paying tithe.d needy,d aged,d disabled.i can give offerings.good one @ that but tithe?am nt sure

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by mhizsuzzy(f): 12:56pm On Nov 07, 2017
Smellymouth:

He is not a Muslim. Lol

Then why is it that if u want to quote Islam section u have to accept Islamic religion.....

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by mhizsuzzy(f): 12:57pm On Nov 07, 2017
Henitan24:

We don't pay tithe in my church infact how pastor has never mentioned that word to our hearing before and God has been performing wonders in our midst. Let's be frank with one another as a Christian, I believe our mindset about tithe should change. No one should quote Malachi 3:10 anymore or believe everything our pastors say. We should all read and understand the Bible as an individual. Our perception differs so also the pastors. We shouldn't pay anything in church apart from offering to assist those in need. I'm supporting Daddy freeze.

which church is that
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by Abudu2000(m): 12:58pm On Nov 07, 2017
Luisema4luv:

Looooool, omo i cant fit to laugh jare. B lik d people wer bn dy hold ur blessing build house for north pole so d man of *god* need flight money to beg dem to leave u
absolutely bro, I guess my village are all innocent afterall grin grin
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by Jethrolite(m): 12:59pm On Nov 07, 2017
Smellymouth:
Merrybet odds--

Daddy Freeze to win -- 1.28..

Tithers to win -- 2.20..

Full time draw-- 3.80..

As for me I dey carry daddy freeze straight win home and away, home to win first and second half and over 2.5..

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by openmine(m): 1:01pm On Nov 07, 2017
Good and logic questions raised!!
Its now up to our pastors and ministers of the gospel including Pastor enoch Adeboye to respond adequately WITH SCRIPTURES!
No emotional maneuvering Or Evasive tactics!!

As for Genuine Christians who worship in assemblies where tithes are paid,U must do ur part by asking questions about everything that runs contrary to the scriptures.....
U are part and parcel of the body of Christ....So U must ask questions esp if the doctrines are not in line with that of the early christians!!

I repeat...Every one is "EQUAL AND VERY IMPORTANT" before God even a Unbeliever....
There is no hierarchy or segregation in the body of Christ!
No genuine believer of the gospel should fold his or her hands and claim "I don't care where my money goes or its none of my business"....People who don't care are the easiest to deceive!!

The Bible is where U will find what U need....Dont Allow some one else to study or read it for U
Go beyond the "daily devotional studies" that U buy from ur various assemblies....and study the scriptures!!

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by Henitan24(f): 1:02pm On Nov 07, 2017
mhizsuzzy:

which church is that
House Light... We all have access to free healthcare, snacks and drinks on Sunday, well ensuite rooms to have your private time with God, different sport both indoor and outdoor, free vocational work training, etc. Its settings is just like all these America churches. Aside those things I mentioned... God presence there is obvious.
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by coolqayy(m): 1:03pm On Nov 07, 2017
Slaveman343:
Shuooo na u i quote undecided
get it straight baba adeboye said pay tithe to avoid Gods curse.that means is compulsory. which is not That is what freeze want to clear.
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by Oildichotomy(m): 1:04pm On Nov 07, 2017
EPAINYOU:

Can someone dash this boy sense. He has no biblical evidence for the question. No one does. All I see here is, ''who is this boy? Freeze leave us alone, it is not by force to pay tithe.''

What is at stake here is the truth. Who has it? If you do, give biblical evidence. Freeze has given his. Una dey shame us for public o.
Define truth Oga? Let me see how dumb you will be
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by MichaelBlake40: 1:04pm On Nov 07, 2017
Next2Bezee:

Were you there when God elected him? Some Nigerians ehn....no wonder gullible people like you forget to worship God and instead worship your pastors.
I tire o Christianity has been turned into something else.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by Luisema4luv(m): 1:05pm On Nov 07, 2017
Abudu2000:
absolutely bro, I guess my village are all innocent afterall grin grin

Na so o...... At least e no say na ur father mother aunty uncle sister brother nephew first daughter son dey pursue u

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by Slaveman343: 1:07pm On Nov 07, 2017
coolqayy:

get it straight
baba adeboye said pay tithe to avoid Gods curse.that means is compulsory.
which is not
That is what freeze want to clear.
That's true I'm with freeze, proud member of freethesheeple#
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by MichaelBlake40: 1:08pm On Nov 07, 2017
PointZerom:
DEUTERONOMY 14:26—HOW CAN THIS PASSAGE PERMIT THE USE OF STRONG DRINK WHEN OTHER PASSAGES CONDEMN ITS CONSUMPTION?

PROBLEM: According to Deuteronomy 14:26 , God permitted the purchase of wine or strong drink for conducting a feast before the Lord. However, Leviticus 10:8–9 forbids the use of strong drink by the priests, and passages like
Proverbs 20:1 , 23:29–35 , and 31:4–5 seem to forbid the use of strong drink by all. How can this passage permit the use of strong drink when these other passages clearly condemn its use?

SOLUTION: It is clear that the Scriptures condemn the use of strong drink. For example,
Leviticus 10:8–9 forbids the priest from drinking wine or strong drink when he is supposed to minister in the tent of meeting. Also, Proverbs forbids the use of wine or strong drink by kings or rulers, lest they pervert justice. Further, many passages warn of the deceitfulness of strong drink (Prov. 20:1 ) and condemn the use of it in general.

The word translated “eat” in Deut. 14:26 is a general term for consuming and may include the idea of drinking as well as eating solid food. However, the passage does not grant permission to drink strong drink or to drink to excess. Such action is specifically condemned in the NT as well as the OT. It was a common practice to dilute the strong drink (i.e., normally fermented grape juice) with about three parts water to one part wine. In this weaker form, imbibed with meals in moderation, there was no fear of excess. It is only in this sense that “wine” was permitted in the Scriptures and then only in a culture that was not alcoholic. While moderate drinking of this diluted wine may be permissible, in a culture shot through with alcoholism (such as ours), it is not profitable. Paul warns us in 1 Corinthians 6:12 that “All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful.” Paul declared that “It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or to do anything else that will cause your brother to fall” (Rom. 14:21 , niv). God desires that our lives be influenced by the Spirit, not by the spirits.

The Bible is opposed to both strong drink and drunkenness (1 Cor. 6:9–10 ; Eph. 5:18 ). It pronounces woes on those who drink either strong drink or who drink in excess ( Isa. 5:11 ;
Amos 6:1 , 6 ; Micah 2:11 ). Christian leaders are urged to be temperate (1 Tim. 3:3 , 8 ). All are warned that too much alcohol is abhored by God ( Amos 6:1–8 ). And although moderate amounts were recommended for medicinal purposes (1 Tim. 5:23 ), nowhere does the Bible commend strong drink as a beverage. The only reference to taking “strong drink” is as a pain killer in extreme circumstances: “Give strong drink to him who is perishing” (Prov. 31:6 ).
Deuteronomy 14:26 should not be taken as an excuse to imbibe strong drink for several reasons.

First, the stated command was not to
drink it, but simply to buy it. There were other legitimate uses for owning alcohol, namely for cooking, healing (cf. Luke 10:34 ), and pain-killing.

Second, the very next verse speaks only of “eating” food, not of drinking strong drink.

Third, even if drinking is implied along with eating (v. 26 ), the Jews always diluted it with about three parts water to one part wine before they drank it in moderation with their meals. Done in this light form in such moderate amounts with food guaranteed them against the excesses known in today’s alcoholic cultures.

Fourth, it is still always wrong to use an unclear passage (such as Deuteronomy 14:26 ) to contradict all the clear ones (cited above) against strong drink.
In view of all these factors, it is best to conclude with the Apostle Paul, “It is good neither to eat meat nor drink wine nor do anything by which your brother stumbles or is offended or is made weak” (Rom. 14:21 ).
In general what the Bible says iz that there iz nothing wrong in drink as far as it is done in moderation.

2 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by Oildichotomy(m): 1:08pm On Nov 07, 2017
Firstcitizen:

Nigerians just use the terms "low self esteem and inferiority complex" out of context. How does these relate to those who argue against being fleeced by those God has not come to tell us he anointed? If you dont know how to apply words please do not use them, so you do not sound daft.
Just listen to yourself, You are so pained that others are paying tithe and fleeced. And you want me to believe you are not just plain wicked ladened with lots of inferiority complex.

So you are not daft.. I will pass
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by coolqayy(m): 1:08pm On Nov 07, 2017
Henitan24:

House Light... We all have access to free healthcare, snacks and drinks on Sunday, well ensuite rooms to have your private time with God, different sport both indoor and outdoor, free vocational work training, etc. Its settings is just like all these America churches. Aside those things I mentioned... God presence there is obvious.
is that what freaktease you.all that is nothing compare to your tithe.owo abu lafin toju abu(na abu money we go use please abu) do you know how much they get in aamerica
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by openmine(m): 1:09pm On Nov 07, 2017
Smellymouth:
Merrybet odds--

Daddy Freeze to win -- 1.08..

Tithers to win -- 8.20..

Full time draw-- 3.80..

Bro make i help U small grin grin

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by mhizsuzzy(f): 1:12pm On Nov 07, 2017
Henitan24:

Location? where is it?
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by onyxo76(m): 1:13pm On Nov 07, 2017
tithe this , tithe that... I pay my tithe and i'm not complaining, if you want to pay, then pay and if you want to eat your tithe then go ahead, I don't know why this has become an issue, the pastor did not say i should bring my entire salary na.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by MichaelBlake40: 1:14pm On Nov 07, 2017
Abudu2000:
kikikiki, if I gist my own you go laugh faint.... pastor wey say we have to visit the mountain by flight, I guess moses was gonna be present on that day.....the freaking icing on the cake was when the man of God started eyeing my neck chain and claimed I could deposi it since I told him my money haven't arrived yet because of the demons that was desturbing my life.....

Well I acted like I fell for the mountain so I asked which of the mountains, Everest or.. hahahaha, my good man of God said I didn't have to be there that he has to go alone...all I had to do was pay the money for him to book he flight....my brother I dey busy now I no fit talk joor, lol
Na so this ‘pastor’ wan use ur chain sell make im eat morning bread. grin

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by Reeefe(m): 1:15pm On Nov 07, 2017
LESSON : YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE PASTOR TO KNOW THE BIBLE OR ACCEPT EVERYTHING YOUR PASTOR TELL YOU SIMPLY BECAUSE HE IS YOUR PASTOR.

FREEZE FROZE ME WITH HIS KNOWLEDGE OF THE SCRIPTURES "BEREAN CHRISTIAN"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Sues Pastor Mike Davids For N5 Billion As IGP Orders Arrest / Pastor Adeboye: "God Drank Tea With Me". Daddy Freeze Reacts / Dencia: "Devil Punish Pastor Adeboye For Asking Members To Donate N1bn"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.