Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

My Phantom 8 Review: Your Questions Answered. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Phantom 8 Review: Your Questions Answered. (761 Views)

Tecno Phantom 8 Full Specifications And Price / My Tecno Phantom 8 Unboxing — What's With The Fingerprint Magnet? / Pictures From The Launch Of The New Phantom 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Phantom 8 Review: Your Questions Answered. by MissTechy(f): 9:22am On Nov 07, 2017
I am sure some of us have questions and concerns about the Phantom 8, questions that I’d try to answer in this review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDwQmnX5dws

BOOT TEST
Like with every other smartphone, the first thing you’d do when you get the Phantom 8 is to power on the device — which takes about 29 seconds and this places the Phantom 8 in the 4th position on the boot test leaderboard.

FINGERPRINT TEST
The next thing you’d probably do is to unlock the device and it would interest you to note that the fingerprint sensor on the Phantom 8 is incredibly fast and accurate, just a tap unlocks the phone. You can also use the sensor to take a picture and accept calls.

DISPLAY

With the device unlocked, you are fully able to see the 5.7 FHD display. The screen is not an OLED display, so you are not getting the super rich and vibrant colors specifically in the reds and blues. But, overall, the Phantom 8’s screen is still a pleasure to look at, plus, sunlight visibility is quite good.

UI

The next thing you’d get to experience is the UI, which isn’t stock Android because Tecno used the latest HiOS — HiOS 3.0
The overall experience is a two-way thing — you either like it or you don't.

If you do like it, you can further tweak the option by choosing between the single launcher — which places all the apps on the home screen:

Or the Standard launcher — this comes with an app drawer.

On the bloatware side of things, the Phantom 8 comes with a couple of them like, Recharge King, to name a few

All of which can be uninstalled to save storage.

STORAGE

Speaking of storage

Re: My Phantom 8 Review: Your Questions Answered. by MissTechy(f): 9:23am On Nov 07, 2017
Re: My Phantom 8 Review: Your Questions Answered. by lexrichy(m): 9:44am On Nov 07, 2017
nice review misstechy. Does it support glo 4g band 28.

2 Likes

Re: My Phantom 8 Review: Your Questions Answered. by fibonacci2526: 11:32am On Nov 07, 2017
Am curious to know the phone who sits pretty on the boot test leader board.
Re: My Phantom 8 Review: Your Questions Answered. by TechPanda(m): 12:37pm On Nov 08, 2017
Re: My Phantom 8 Review: Your Questions Answered. by tafat: 3:15pm On Nov 08, 2017
MissTechy:
I am sure some of us have questions and concerns about the Phantom 8, questions that I’d try to answer in this review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDwQmnX5dws

BOOT TEST
Like with every other smartphone, the first thing you’d do when you get the Phantom 8 is to power on the device — which takes about 29 seconds and this places the Phantom 8 in the 4th position on the boot test leaderboard.

FINGERPRINT TEST
The next thing you’d probably do is to unlock the device and it would interest you to note that the fingerprint sensor on the Phantom 8 is incredibly fast and accurate, just a tap unlocks the phone. You can also use the sensor to take a picture and accept calls.

DISPLAY

With the device unlocked, you are fully able to see the 5.7 FHD display. The screen is not an OLED display, so you are not getting the super rich and vibrant colors specifically in the reds and blues. But, overall, the Phantom 8’s screen is still a pleasure to look at, plus, sunlight visibility is quite good.

UI

The next thing you’d get to experience is the UI, which isn’t stock Android because Tecno used the latest HiOS — HiOS 3.0
The overall experience is a two-way thing — you either like it or you don't.

If you do like it, you can further tweak the option by choosing between the single launcher — which places all the apps on the home screen:

Or the Standard launcher — this comes with an app drawer.

On the bloatware side of things, the Phantom 8 comes with a couple of them like, Recharge King, to name a few

All of which can be uninstalled to save storage.

STORAGE

Speaking of storage
Nice review, but speaking of storage what happens?
Re: My Phantom 8 Review: Your Questions Answered. by saintjoel(m): 8:39am On Nov 11, 2017
MissTechy, please which 4G enabled phone with good and durable battery, ram can I buy for Glo 4G SIM.. IPhone, Samsung are excluded from my list, thanks.
Re: My Phantom 8 Review: Your Questions Answered. by Ennyholar: 8:02am On Nov 13, 2017
saintjoel:
MissTechy, please which 4G enabled phone with good and durable battery, ram can I buy for Glo 4G SIM.. IPhone, Samsung are excluded from my list, thanks.

Phantom 8 or Camon CX

(1) (Reply)

Mobile/android Engineers ASAP. / December Promo!! Buy Original Pieces Of Portable Speaker At A Discount Price / Specially Made For The Elderly: Vkworld F1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.