Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman - Agriculture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman (22487 Views)

Lesgupnigeria: Notice To All Nairalanders On Agric Section / Imported Poultry Egg Incubator: Tested And Trusted / Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Trustworthy Businessman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by Nobody: 7:45am On Nov 15, 2017
adisabarber:

But una sef wey carry money give this guy, una try o. Una no see hin DP? See as he be like wetin dem rescue from kidnappers den and una carry big money like that dey give am. If he was really making money from farming, you should see evidence of good living in him.
Lol. Your Buhari is still lanky oh with all the cash in his account!
Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by Degis(m): 8:28am On Nov 15, 2017
Craze pipu full dis Nairaland.

How come the man who claimed he was dupe 2 million Naira has kept quiet since 2014?. Ayamu not understanding again o

1 Like

Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by Nobody: 11:23am On Nov 15, 2017
I took my time to read through this thread and I will make comments and suggestions to all concerned parties.

THE ACCUSED:
On no circumstance should a good business man abuse his clients and potential clients. Everyone making comments here is your potential client. So, making negative comments because they criticise you is not professional. Please, take note. I will not be quick to judge you despite the additional two more accusations against you on this thread; however, it seems you need to clear these issues professionally.

Projects can crash but you suppose to have back up plans. And if you are having challenges, it is totally not accepted to break the chain of communication with your investors. There is no project that cannot fail but you must continue updating your clients with pictures, videos via telephone, messages or any other form. I think your character has been questioned. Your reputation is in a bad state and this is not good. I do not think anyone will want to have anything to do with you again; hence, I encourage you to settle this case. Come back online and do the needful. Post pictures and write clearly the amount you expect from the harvest, and when you will pay etc. Also, tell the accusser to confirm everything. If you do not do this, though you may not refund the cash, you will have serious problems with your business. It may be the beginning of the end of your business. Mark my words.

And mark my second point: what you sow is what you reap. The law of Karma will always fight back. But I advise you again to clear your name.

NOTE: Accusation against anyone is very possible. No one is above it. When I say everyone I mean I can be accused too. What I would do if I were accused right now is what I have written up. I would write a detailed report. This would give me more clients if they found my explanations and proofs convincing.

In my next posts, I will give my suggestions to the accuser, the other person who has been accused, everyone making comments, and to the administrators

2 Likes

Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by Nobody: 11:31am On Nov 15, 2017
THE ACCUSSER:
Everything you have been told is actually what you should do. In addition, I want to let you know that Agricultural business is not easy. Please, do not give out the money you need desperately for investments. It is wrong to use your house rent to invest, or to depend on your investments profit that have not been paid to pay house rent. When you make investments like this, make sure food, cloth, shelter, children school fees, and other necessary expenses are not affected negatively.

Many people blamed the guy who claimed that he lost 2 million to the accused. Seriously, I think he acted maturely. It means he looked at himself at the time of investment and decided to part away with what he can afford to lose. If yours is N50,000, do not go beyond that just because the offer is juicy. Invest what you can afford to lose.

That you can afford to lose it does not still mean you should not press for refund. So, I may say the guy acted maturely but at the same time, I think he should have pressed for his money. But he has done well by adding his voice here. It is about reputation. The accused is in serious problem if he cannot prove himself trustworthy.

I just want to add that you take pictures of what you will be shown and post them here. If the accused has shown that farm to someone else, someone will cry out loud again. Also, describe the path you take to the farm. Take pictures of the path ways. You will do yourself more benefits doing so.

2 Likes

Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 15, 2017
EVERYONE MAKING COMMENTS:
I do not believe in direct attacks. Also, making fast conclusion without hearing both sides very well is not good. Comments like calling the accussed "mumu" is not ethical. Why call him mumu? He is a man who is in his right sense when making the deal. All that is needed is to point out his mistakes. That is all. No need to call him mumu.

Yes, I agree with everyone that he should be careful and meet the accused in an open place. Briliant suggestion.

That the accused sounds not credible does not mean everyone is not. A strong point to note is that every business sources for fund. What baffles me is when it is everytime investments are rolled out. Does it mean there is no plan for using part of the profit made to build the business? Not everyone will be able to manage farms. It is not possible, at the same time, there are too many lazy and greedy investors who push for crazy ROI. Why will they not be scammed. Most of them started using MMM as benchmark even for Agricultural businesses. Is that MMM still in existence?

3 Likes

Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by Nobody: 11:40am On Nov 15, 2017
THE OTHER ACCUSED AND THE DISTRACTION
I suggest the accused (lady in question) opens another thread and addresses the issue very well. No need to derail this thread. It is your reputation you need to clear too. I noticed that you are offering training service which means you are a teacher. I advise you to act like a teacher. Be calm. There is no reason whatsoever for you to abuse and call the other person Methuselah. I know you are provoked. It is painful but guess what, how you handle the situation is what your students are looking at and not the accusations. Every role model passes through this kind of period in life but only the matured ones scale through. Also, I condemn the usage of "Mother Theressa" to describe you. It is also not polite.

I observed that you wrote about the cassava project failure. It is very matured of you to take that responsibility but it seems you have not closed the issue well. Try your best to see how you can close it well. Trust me, there are some clients you need to just pay off despite they agree to bear any loss. You may even have written agreements with them but some people are just trouble makers. I am not saying this is the case here. It is never late to pay back. If anyone came out today to tell me I owed him this, I would give my own side of the story. If majority asked me to refund him, i would oblige. I would just map out plans to pay back. May not be immediately but would do it. And i would carry everyone along. It is about your reputation. I encourage you to clear the issue too. It is not easy but God will strengthen you and give you the grace to address the issue professionally.

3 Likes

Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by Nobody: 12:02pm On Nov 15, 2017
TO ADMINS AND THE OWNER OF NAIRALAND

First, I appreciate the works of the admins here. They are friendly and they try to respond to users requests fast. Lovely.

I share a different opinion to banning investments and partnership offers. I mean we are talking about blocking access to businesses and investments opportunities. Though many offers are porous with flaws, there are still good offers here. Some are written and one wonders if the posters are foolish or stupid. While I agree that there should be very good checks, but I am afraid such checks may not be in the area of interest of the owner of nairaland. However, I will like to highlight a method and advantages the owner is going to have if he finds a proper check to businesses/partnerships/investments/sales offers on this website.

Instead of total ban, you may borrow the idea of escrow from B2B websites. Yes, I agree you may not want to get into the business of doing ecommerce like being the escrow yourself but you can still set a procedure whereby anyone who is going to present investments offer should provide insurance and maybe an escrow agent service should be used to collect funds. You may want to adopt some of the features of the popular crowd funding website called kickstarter whereby they have rules in such that money can be easily refunded to donors if anything goes wrong. I am not saying it has to be the exact template of kickstarter but something similar. In addition, Investors should have the oportunity to appoint their own supervisors who will give them reports of the project. Also, the system should be in a way total money collected should be released gradually in batches instead of having 100% access from day 1.

Of course you may not be involved in the process if you do not want to, but you should just ask the planners or conveners to provide proofs of such and they update accordingly. Supervisors also should give their own comments too. Your responsibility is to create the system and appoint an administrator to handle these roles for you. Like i said, you may not make it a line of business if you do not want to get involved in such business. Just create checks here. And if you choose to make an ecommerce webiste, it will be a sister website to this.

Let me bring an obervation to your notice sir. Check out your travel section. What those admins are doing there is so great. The checks there are superb to the extent American Consular officers opened I think three threads where questions are answered. That is called trust. The trust in that section is excellent. The admins are quick to remove negative comments despite the extreme high traffic in the US, UK, and Canadian threads. I observe that the section does not engage in any business but the checks are super. Of course we all know the kind of scams involved in travel procedures. Lol. I believe such checks are what users are asking for here and in other sections too.

One advantage of this method is nairaland will become a trustworthy website. You can have verified members like what many websites do. When I want to buy online, i check out ONLY verified members. Another advantage is that outstanding planners can be easily identified. And the last advantage is that there can be easy management and monitoring of all investments.

I pray it does not get to a point nairaland will be tagged scammers arena.

Anyway, these are merely suggestions and only you understand your vision for this website. May God give you the wisdom to continue managing it excellently. Bless you!

CC: Seun

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by excelsiorfarm(m): 12:40pm On Nov 15, 2017
muhamm3d:

I keep saying it there are too many thieves on Nairaland. There is one too was talking bout cashew, another onion, then there is another fat head u will see in every topic, then there is one for plantain too always talking about plantain seedlings. These guys are all thieves. There is no real time farmer that would have time for updating nairaland every hour. First of all there is usually no network in farms, so how are they farming for you? All these guys are big thieves don't deal with them. If they offer u anything don't pay in advance. Pay and carry. Don't let any thief sweet talk you. Again they are all thieves.
help nairalanders by naming them and give the detail as some revealed on the thread. Just give fact
Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by adisabarber(m): 1:00pm On Nov 15, 2017
Oga Fluentinfor, thanks for taking your time to write everything you wrote. It is not easy to devote so much time to something that is not really one's problem. Those of us that have been saying the accused is guilty right from the start are those that know this scam very well. With your experience, you don't need to wait until a ponzi scheme collapses before you know it is fraud. You don't need to wait until I give my money to people "washing" dollars before you tell me it is a scam. There are some scams that follow a carefully orchestrated pattern and when you see someone that has already fallen, you just know the money is gone. In this age where people will rather take pictures than help accident victims, a farm manager has no pictures to prove that a farm he is managing was engulfed! If that doesn't smell like a scam, I wonder what will. He also blamed the investor for not coming to see the farm. That is ridiculous. If the presence of the investor was so important, why did he keep collecting money? Why didn't he tell the investor to come and see the farm before paying any more money? He even claimed he stopped picking OP's calls because of insults and threats. Was he expecting OP to sing to him and praise him on the phone after all that happened? OP will be lucky if he gets his money because this looks like that time when scammers just change ID and office.

2 Likes

Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by Flaghouse1: 5:14am On Nov 16, 2017
adisabarber:
Oga Fluentinfor, thanks for taking your time to write everything you wrote. It is not easy to devote so much time to something that is not really one's problem. Those of us that have been saying the accused is guilty right from the start are those that know this scam very well. With your experience, you don't need to wait until a ponzi scheme collapses before you know it is fraud. You don't need to wait until I give my money to people "washing" dollars before you tell me it is a scam. There are some scams that follow a carefully orchestrated pattern and when you see someone that has already fallen, you just know the money is gone. In this age where people will rather take pictures than help accident victims, a farm manager has no pictures to prove that a farm he is managing was engulfed! If that doesn't smell like a scam, I wonder what will. He also blamed the investor for not coming to see the farm. That is ridiculous. If the presence of the investor was so important, why did he keep collecting money? Why didn't he tell the investor to come and see the farm before paying any more money? He even claimed he stopped picking OP's calls because of insults and threats. Was he expecting OP to sing to him and praise him on the phone after all that happened? OP will be lucky if he gets his money because this looks like that time when scammers just change ID and office.

Good summary of discourse, the lesgupnigeria guy is a scam, you don't just embark on a project and nit have a schedule of activities to show that really the project really exist, the guy could not produce pictures of burnt fam till date and he has some group of minions trying to derail the thread in his favour, these guys are network of a PONZI farm scheme that takes people's cash with the pretence of engaging in farming activities.with mouthwatering ROI, if by now the OP. has not gotten any concrete payment plan from legsupnigeria it's just unfortunate the way we Nigerians behave in business transactions

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by eminikansoso(m): 10:10am On Nov 16, 2017
adisabarber:
Can we just ban this Lesgupnigeria guy once and for all? Even his goons that were supporting him have gone quiet. Including the one that uploaded picture of people sitting down jejely, claiming it is Lesgupnigeria's farm and those that tried to derail the thread by accusing another person of fraud. Na God go punish all of una wey dey support bad thing. Now that other victims are speaking out they have lost their voices. It is only a bloody crook that will prefer to type long stories when asked to just provide evidence. After stealing 2 million Naira from just one investor, he cannot leave fraud and settle down with that money. Still going round duping other people. Awon ole, oloju kokoro. Keep stealing money other people are supposed to use to train their children and be using it to train your own children and watch if those children will end up well. If you steal from a jobless person, you can definitely steal from the elderly (if you are not already doing that). One day you will go into one of those your scam farms and lightening will just strike you dead. Thief.

But una sef wey carry money give this guy, una try o. Una no see hin DP? See as he be like wetin dem rescue from kidnappers den and una carry big money like that dey give am. If he was really making money from farming, you should see evidence of good living in him.
I keep saying it Farming is good and lucrative but never in your life give money to someone to farm for you at your absent. All these internet farmers and farm managements are all thieves.

1 Like

Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by stagger: 10:43am On Nov 16, 2017
Flaghouse1:

Good summary of discourse, the lesgupnigeria guy is a scam, you don't just embark on a project and nit have a schedule of activities to show that really the project really exist, the guy could not produce pictures of burnt fam till date and he has some group of minions trying to derail the thread in his favour, these guys are network of a PONZI farm scheme that takes people's cash with the pretence of engaging in farming activities.with mouthwatering ROI, if by now the OP. has not gotten any concrete payment plan from legsupnigeria it's just unfortunate the way we Nigerians behave in business transactions

Can you explicitly state who these "group of minions trying to derail the thread in his favour" are? Is there anyone here who has supported what Legsup has done? Perhaps you should indicate explicitly.

I maintain my stand: the OP did not do his homework and he fell for the "farm for me" stuff. There are many of these scams all over the agric thread and I am of the opinion that all such schemes should be banned and taken off the thread. Anyone who wants to farm should farm for himself or engage local hands to do the job.

The Northern part of this country is an agrarian society and there is no shortage of farm hands there. That is how some of us (including me) recruit farmers to till our land and we take steps to ensure that we get value from our land and labour. Personally, I already have seed sources from three different companies for dry season farming. I can't tell you the efforts I put in to secure these resources.

Agric is not something you throw money at, sit in your house and expect to get millions. Those offering "farm for me" services should also know this and stop deceiving members of the public and painting agric as a one-way street to money. It does not work like that.

2 Likes

Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by Nobody: 8:56am On Nov 17, 2017
stagger:

Can you explicitly state who these "group of minions trying to derail the thread in his favour" are? Is there anyone here who has supported what Legsup has done? Perhaps you should indicate explicitly.

I maintain my stand: the OP did not do his homework and he fell for the "farm for me" stuff. There are many of these scams all over the agric thread and I am of the opinion that all such schemes should be banned and taken off the thread. Anyone who wants to farm should farm for himself or engage local hands to do the job.

The Northern part of this country is an agrarian society and there is no shortage of farm hands there. That is how some of us (including me) recruit farmers to till our land and we take steps to ensure that we get value from our land and labour. Personally, I already have seed sources from three different companies for dry season farming. I can't tell you the efforts I put in to secure these resources.

Agric is not something you throw money at, sit in your house and expect to get millions. Those offering "farm for me" services should also know this and stop deceiving members of the public and painting agric as a one-way street to money. It does not work like that.

Apparently, OP did not do his homework well and you are right. I do not think you support the accussed with your posts because I deliberately checked all again. What I saw in your posts is a clean intention. You were just hard on OP. Maybe he truely deserves it. grin

Anyway, my main reason to quote you is the bolded statement in your post. Like you said, there is no shortage of farm hands there; however, in SW, SE and SS this is the major problem. Experienced farmers have serious challenges with this issue too.

1. Is it possible you throw more light into getting faithful workers from the north who will move to SW, SS and SE?

2. Or better still, can you teach us how best to handle and pay northern farm workers?

3. How best can we get them? Any reliable network?

4. Any contact you can provide? You may not want to release the contact here but if you ask me to shoot you a mail for direction on this, I can.

Thank you very much.
Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by stagger: 9:52am On Nov 17, 2017
fluentinfor:

Apparently, OP did not do his homework well and you are right. I do not think you support the accussed with your posts because I deliberately checked all again. What I saw in your posts is a clean intention. You were just hard on OP. Maybe he truely deserves it. grin

Anyway, my main reason to quote you is the bolded statement in your post. Like you said, there is no shortage of farm hands there; however, in SW, SE and SS this is the major problem. Experienced farmers have serious challenges with this issue too.

1. Is it possible you throw more light into getting faithful workers from the north who will move to SW, SS and SE?

2. Or better still, can you teach us how best to handle and pay northern farm workers?

3. How best can we get them? Any reliable network?

4. Any contact you can provide? You may not want to release the contact here but if you ask me to shoot you a mail for direction on this, I can.

Thank you very much.

I can only suggest the method I use very well. I am a specialist at going to places I don't know, and I ask questions. For instance, I was looking for a maize shelling machine. So I took a drive, stopped somewhere, and asked questions. I was directed elsewhere, and I went there and asked questions. Then I was directed to a rice mill, and I asked questions. From there, I kept driving until I saw a trailer with men bagging shelled maize by the roadside. I stopped, approached them and asked questions, then one of them took me on foot to a building where a maize shelling machine and dryer was located. A few days later, all my maize was shelled. From knowing nothing and nowhere, I located a place to shell my maize. While the shelling was going on, I started to engage the workers there in discussions about dry season farming. Now I have almost 10 hectares close to a river to do this, and have got directions on where to hire workers and a tractor. That's how I operate a network. Someone somewhere will surely know something about what I need. I just need to keep asking and seeking and I get my answers.

Sometime earlier this year, I put up a post on where to get a maize planter. The initial quotes I got were too high, so I hit Alibaba.com for some hours of serious browsing. In 24 hours, I got a Chinese company that sent me videos of their products, and I made my choice and two weeks later, my maize planter was in my hands.

What is the point of my long epistle? Sometimes people need to step out of their comfort zones into the world of the unknown. Jesus said in Matthew 7 verse 7: SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND. I am a master seeker. I ask boatloads of questions from several sources. Sometimes, I just wake up and start driving all over town looking for what I want until I get it.

I personally do not like to recommend stuff or people, because my experience with anything may not be your experience. Sometimes, you need to seek stuff that you want by yourself. But I can tell you this. If I had a farm in the SE, I would not be thinking of bringing workers from the North. It is impracticable in terms of logistics and cost. I would rather go to nearby villagers to recruit farm hands and as much as possible, mechanize most of the work to be done so as to cut labour costs.

As for farming in the South South where I come from, I am sorry to say I would not consider it. Our youths are too lazy and prefer free oil money to hard work done with hands. The SW has lots of farm settlements. If I were the OP, I would have travelled myself to areas where there are identified settlements, and then sought audience with established and experienced farmers like Africanfarmer Mogaji on the way forward.

My 2 cents.

12 Likes

Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:19am On Nov 17, 2017
Good morning all,
I have been offline for a time because one of my team member had a serious accident which has preoccupied me for a while.
Thanks to pavore9,sallubello,stagger,nairalander partners and host of people who has called for useful advice, solutions and criticisms etc
I have contacted OP and we are meeting in couples of days (Monday precisely) at his farmland and we will visit the cassava farm.
All assistance will be given to him with updates and our resolutions posted here nextweek.

As i scanned through this thread for useful info,i saw where atlanticsfire stated that I dupe him of #2million for cassava.
The cassava farm many years ago was jointly managed by atlanticsfire's cousin and us.

I have never scammed anyone,if i have please come out and say so.
we run a transparent farm management programme.
For people in the agribusiness know well that we are faced with numerous challenges which sometimes get-rich-quick investors may not want to understand.
Thats why we encourage once in a while visit to have a feel of ongoings on your investment and physical presence of yourself/your representative at important operations on the farm (harvesting).

Thank you all for your concerns,constructive solutions,suggestions, etc.
Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 17, 2017
stagger:

I can only suggest the method I use very well. I am a specialist at going to places I don't know, and I ask questions. For instance, I was looking for a maize shelling machine. So I took a drive, stopped somewhere, and asked questions. I was directed elsewhere, and I went there and asked questions. Then I was directed to a rice mill, and I asked questions. From there, I kept driving until I saw a trailer with men bagging shelled maize by the roadside. I stopped, approached them and asked questions, then one of them took me on foot to a building where a maize shelling machine and dryer was located. A few days later, all my maize was shelled. From knowing nothing and nowhere, I located a place to shell my maize. While the shelling was going on, I started to engage the workers there in discussions about dry season farming. Now I have almost 10 hectares close to a river to do this, and have got directions on where to hire workers and a tractor. That's how I operate a network. Someone somewhere will surely know something about what I need. I just need to keep asking and seeking and I get my answers.

Sometime earlier this year, I put up a post on where to get a maize planter. The initial quotes I got were too high, so I hit Alibaba.com for some hours of serious browsing. In 24 hours, I got a Chinese company that sent me videos of their products, and I made my choice and two weeks later, my maize planter was in my hands.

What is the point of my long epistle? Sometimes people need to step out of their comfort zones into the world of the unknown. Jesus said in Matthew 7 verse 7: SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND. I am a master seeker. I ask boatloads of questions from several sources. Sometimes, I just wake up and start driving all over town looking for what I want until I get it.

I personally do not like to recommend stuff or people, because my experience with anything may not be your experience. Sometimes, you need to seek stuff that you want by yourself. But I can tell you this. If I had a farm in the SE, I would not be thinking of bringing workers from the North. It is impracticable in terms of logistics and cost. I would rather go to nearby villagers to recruit farm hands and as much as possible, mechanize most of the work to be done so as to cut labour costs.

As for farming in the South South where I come from, I am sorry to say I would not consider it. Our youths are too lazy and prefer free oil money to hard work done with hands. The SW has lots of farm settlements. If I were the OP, I would have travelled myself to areas where there are identified settlements, and then sought audience with established and experienced farmers like Africanfarmer Mogaji on the way forward.

My 2 cents.

Any deligent person do exactly what you have written and it was exactly what I did by asking you. Just that it is online i have asked. And it confirms my fear of high cost of transportation.

The same way you said there might be no reliable worker in the SS is the same way it is in SW. If farm owners prefer to bring in workers from Togo to work there, then you can have an idea of what I am talking about. Having farm settlememts do not mean having reliable kind of people. Is it workers that will end up stealing your harvest? Or the ones that will start selling your equipmemt one after the other? Or the ones that deliberately feast on your produce? There are all kinds of them around in SW, SS and I think in SE.

I have worked in the north too and i know exactly how it is over there. I may not have the contact to move workers from the north but I know the game there. Hausas are generally loyal. This is a fact. If you doubt me, just get one hausa sales agent in mile 12 market in Lagos, one from yoruba land and an ibo. Come back and tell me your experiences with them.

Here is my point. This may be the main reason some people might want to partner with a farmer who is skillful in the area of getting workers and might be good in farm management. So, new comers who had been dealt with thourougly by these farm workers may opt to watch a practising farmer and maybe the best way they can penetrate and understand the industry is to invest in his farm business when he rolls out an investment opportunity. Many invest to build trust and relationship. Thenafter, they move in and get help easily.

You really cannot tell why it is not just convenient for people to manage farms themselves but that passion in them might want them invest in someone else. We all have our various reasons.

I think you will agree with me that having farm hands, farm equipment you can rent at cheaper rate, subsidized farming inputs, access to many already constructed irrigation systems, etc are the reasons it might be very easy for you. And all these are the benefits in the north which are not available in other regions. This is a FACT.

And some of us who want to contribute to the developement of our region will still not move to the north. Someone like me have the network i can tap into and work wonders in the north but I want to contribute to the develolment of my region.

3 Likes

Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by Flaghouse1: 10:38am On Nov 17, 2017
Lesgupnigeria:
Good morning all,
I have been offline for a time because one of my team member had a serious accident which has preoccupied me for a while.
Thanks to pavore9,sallubello,stagger,nairalander partners and host of people who has called for useful advice, solutions and criticisms etc
I have contacted OP and we are meeting in couples of days (Monday precisely) at his farmland and we will visit the cassava farm.
All assistance will be given to him with updates and our resolutions posted here nextweek.

As i scanned through this thread for useful info,i saw where atlanticsfire stated that I dupe him of #2million for cassava.
The cassava farm many years ago was jointly managed by atlanticsfire's cousin and us.

For people in the agribusiness know well that we are faced with numerous challenges which sometimes get-rich-quick investors may not want to understand.
Thats why we encourage once in a while visit to have a feel of ongoings on your investment and physical presence of yourself/your representative at important operations on the farm (harvesting).

Wish your team member good health and speedy recovery.

My friend life is simple ,let's not complicate it by our actions and inactions, I would imploy you settle this issue with the OP in a resolute manner, so as to redeem your image by posting details of final resolution status as you said,from this incident I will not lie to you ,your ratings has dropped considerably and you need to take steps in seing that this improves,

Your flaws in the issue on ground is that you were not able to come up with evidence be it falsified or true evidence, which in law puts you in a disadvantaged position, it is based on this that the majority of us tagging this thread perceive you to be a fraud-"sorry for my French " which may not be the case in reality, I will advise you in future do proper documentation when embarking on this kind if business venture so as to let both parties know their rights and also alway project manage your farm activities so as to enable you give quality and reliable update to your clients.

thank you

1 Like

Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by kagari: 10:54am On Nov 17, 2017
Pictures! picture! pictures

I can't over emphasize on the importance of pictures.

One picture would have solved this issue

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by benzion72(m): 10:58am On Nov 17, 2017
Atlanticfire:

I did not stress him over it. I believe in revenge served cold.

Gbenga or weting they call your name, you better go and pay this guy back with interest or else you get revenge serve cold to you. Person wey done cold done die. You are living on borrowed time

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by adisabarber(m): 11:22am On Nov 17, 2017
Can someone kindly teach the accused how to attach pictures to posts on Nairaland?

If I do not see pictures, I will continue to insist that the accused is guilty. How hard can it be to show us pictures (fake or genuine like someone said earlier)? Everything the accused is trying to do now is what I call face saving measures. If it was those days that anyone could just get a bank account with any name, he would have gone underground and probably changed his nairaland ID to legsdown or legsright and repackage his format.

Just pay the man his money and STOP running this hustle.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by adisabarber(m): 11:23am On Nov 17, 2017
God bless you.

kagari:
Pictures! picture! pictures

I can't over emphasize on the importance of pictures.

One picture would have solved this issue

3 Likes

Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by Lesgupnigeria(m): 1:57pm On Nov 18, 2017
Flaghouse1:

Wish your team member good health and speedy recovery.

My friend life is simple ,let's not complicate it by our actions and inactions, I would imploy you settle this issue with the OP in a resolute manner, so as to redeem your image by posting details of final resolution status as you said,from this incident I will not lie to you ,your ratings has dropped considerably and you need to take steps in seing that this improves,

Your flaws in the issue on ground is that you were not able to come up with evidence be it falsified or true evidence, which in law puts you in a disadvantaged position, it is based on this that the majority of us tagging this thread perceive you to be a fraud-"sorry for my French " which may not be the case in reality, I will advise you in future do proper documentation when embarking on this kind if business venture so as to let both parties know their rights and also alway project manage your farm activities so as to enable you give quality and reliable update to your clients.

thank you
Your kind suggestions noted.
Thank you and God bless
I duly informed OP when the incidence happened.
Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by Lesgupnigeria(m): 2:11pm On Nov 18, 2017
fluentinfor:
THE OTHER ACCUSED AND THE DISTRACTION
I suggest the accused (lady in question) opens another thread and addresses the issue very well. No need to derail this thread. It is your reputation you need to clear too. I noticed that you are offering training service which means you are a teacher. I advise you to act like a teacher. Be calm. There is no reason whatsoever for you to abuse and call the other person Methuselah. I know you are provoked. It is painful but guess what, how you handle the situation is what your students are looking at and not the accusations. Every role model passes through this kind of period in life but only the matured ones scale through. Also, I condemn the usage of "Mother Theressa" to describe you. It is also not polite.

I observed that you wrote about the cassava project failure. It is very matured of you to take that responsibility but it seems you have not closed the issue well. Try your best to see how you can close it well. Trust me, there are some clients you need to just pay off despite they agree to bear any loss. You may even have written agreements with them but some people are just trouble makers. I am not saying this is the case here. It is never late to pay back. If anyone came out today to tell me I owed him this, I would give my own side of the story. If majority asked me to refund him, i would oblige. I would just map out plans to pay back. May not be immediately but would do it. And i would carry everyone along. It is about your reputation. I encourage you to clear the issue too. It is not easy but God will strengthen you and give you the grace to address the issue professionally.
Noted
Nice.Thanks
Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by Atlanticfire: 4:19pm On Nov 18, 2017
Lesgupnigeria:
Good morning all,

Read through my post again and understand what I said.

What I said is that I gave you over 2 million naira for farming of 50 acres of cassava. Up to this moment I did not receive even 1 naira from you as proceed from the cassava farm. You can disprove this if what I have said is incorrect.

It is up to you to decide whether you duped me of 2 million naira or not, personally I believe I can squeeze my money out of you, So I can not conclude that you have duped me.

I had a signed agreement with you on the setup and management of the farm and that did not include any other person.

My cousin was involved in a totally different farm project (plantain project) that started 6 months after the start of the cassava farm, so do not bring my cousin into the cassava issue.

I paid you the management fee for the cassava farm, I did not owe you, neither did I split the management fee between you and any other person. So you should be sensible enough to sell off the cassava as agreed and pay me my money without much prompting.

Anyway, just settle the current OP who has opened this thread to get his payment. At the appropraite time I will open your chapter.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by Twro: 6:01pm On Nov 18, 2017
Lesgupnigeria:
Good morning all,

Gbenga Yusuf (aka Wale Agro) - since you asked for it, I put it to you that you are an incompetent scam. I gave you N1.1million naira for a Cassava farm over a year ago with no proceeds till date. Once I informed you that I was not around, you suddenly claimed that I had to be around for the harvest for 'transparency' sake and you would not harvest without me. Was I there when you spent my money clearing trees on a per hectare basis??

Secondly, the first parcel of land which you showed me as available for sale and for the project had been sold by you to another individual (who also accused you of being a scam). And I am very sure you have shown that same parcel of land to numerous prospective clients. The title document you sent to me was so flawed, I wondered if you thought I could not read.

Thirdly, you cannot point out farms for the monies you have collected The same farm which you claim to my cassava investment and also your plantain farm (and am sure 10 other people's farm as well) is the only farm you can point too. The size of the farm is no where near what it should be.

You have absolutely no track record of successful farming projects in Ogbomosho, you are all talk. I asked numerous people about you and they gave the same feedback, which was why I decided to scale down any business with you.

The most important thing for me is that the information is out there for anyone who wishes to do any business with you and they can decide if they are willing to take the risk. You do not need to do me a response, a refund of my N1.1million would be the perfect response.

By the way, I knew since last year that you were a scam but waited to see if you will be creative with your stories at the time of harvest. Unfortunately, you excuses are so lame I am tempted to think there are other things wrong with you. Also I did not fall for that drama you did at my first visit when you were giving 'your boys' instructions on the various projects and farms to go and work on (its an old 419 tactic). It actually confirmed to me that you were dubious after you always claimed to be travelling each time I said I wanted to visit.

I know a dependable person and trustworthy (someone who knows that a good name is better than silver and gold) in the same Ogbmosho. Did business with him and he was true to his word all the way, even when it was not convenient for him. Ten years from now, lets see where he will be and where you will be and you will realize that you are actually the loser.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by osahon360(m): 6:47pm On Nov 18, 2017
eminikansoso:

Oga you no try at all
Two disasters fire and animals
First, three months after planting fire incident. My question is did you plant cassava in the month of October because fire can only burn down the crop during dry season but you called every one you are managing their farm to inform them the incident without picture.
Secondly, animals attack which is very common to all farmers in the country.
If you planted the cassava during July and you do the weeding on stage 4 as he stated in his own report, there is no way fire
can burn down the farm. For my own view oooo
upon all the money he gave you, you did not include insurance and pest control and fumigation service
what kind of farm management are you practicing?

1 Like

Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by osahon360(m): 6:50pm On Nov 18, 2017
for the sake of evidence you ought to take pictures of the farm after the fire incidence
Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by adisabarber(m): 6:57pm On Nov 18, 2017
Omo, this guy scam people gan o. shocked
Another 1 million?

1 Like

Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:14pm On Nov 18, 2017
Twro:

Gbenga Yusuf (aka Wale Agro) - since you asked for it, I put it to you that you are an incompetent scam. I gave you N1.1million naira for a Cassava farm over a year ago with no proceeds till date. Once I informed you that I was not around, you suddenly claimed that I had to be around for the harvest for 'transparency' sake and you would not harvest without me. Was I there when you spent my money clearing trees on a per hectare basis??

Secondly, the first parcel of land which you showed me as available for sale and for the project had been sold by you to another individual (who also accused you of being a scam). And I am very sure you have shown that same parcel of land to numerous prospective clients. The title document you sent to me was so flawed, I wondered if you thought I could not read.

Thirdly, you cannot point out farms for the monies you have collected The same farm which you claim to my cassava investment and also your plantain farm (and am sure 10 other people's farm as well) is the only farm you can point too. The size of the farm is no where near what it should be.

You have absolutely no track record of successful farming projects in Ogbomosho, you are all talk. I asked numerous people about you and they gave the same feedback, which was why I decided to scale down any business with you.

The most important thing for me is that the information is out there for anyone who wishes to do any business with you and they can decide if they are willing to take the risk. You do not need to do me a response, a refund of my N1.1million would be the perfect response.

By the way, I knew since last year that you were a scam but waited to see if you will be creative with your stories at the time of harvest. Unfortunately, you excuses are so lame I am tempted to think there are other things wrong with you. Also I did not fall for that drama you did at my first visit when you were giving 'your boys' instructions on the various projects and farms to go and work on (its an old 419 tactic). It actually confirmed to me that you were dubious after you always claimed to be travelling each time I said I wanted to visit.

I know a dependable person and trustworthy (someone who knows that a good name is better than silver and gold) in the same Ogbmosho. Did business with him and he was true to his word all the way, even when it was not convenient for him. Ten years from now, lets see where he will be and where you will be and you will realize that you are actually the loser.
I just spoke to your partner now and I have tried to call you but not going through
I spoke with your partner some days back and we are on the verge of harvesting&selling your cassava on monday.
I am thinking how demoralising this will be for any of my team seeing this.
Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by omolorlarh: 8:00pm On Nov 18, 2017
Nawa o
Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by excelsiorfarm(m): 8:22pm On Nov 18, 2017
Lesgupnigeria:

I just spoke to your partner now and I have tried to call you but not going through
I spoke with your partner some days back and When we are on the verge of selling your cassava on monday.
I am thinking how demoralising this will be for any of my team seeing this.
bro I decided to check your profile & even visited your fb page, hence began to ask that you have good followers etc, so what is the problem? You know those that might have a thing or two, why don't you reach out to resolve the matter while there is room. Just a counsel, another is do it.

1 Like

Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by aboutbiz: 8:23pm On Nov 18, 2017
Haba this man dey try with scamming people oo. Infact your tactics is very special. But tell ya babaalawo that e don over. I saw him last year very humble and gen2 but now I realise how dupious he is. Thank God I don't invest with him.

1.1 million + 2 million + the op money + others... =

Chaii this guy get money. Haba and you also get family oo, why now and u go born pikin too.

#LocalYahoo#
Your own yahoo is in farming format. God see you oo

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

If watermelon is so profitable, why are farmers not cultivating it commercially? / Chickens Forced To "Skip" Meals As Cost Of Poultry Feed Rises By 100% / Garri Ijebu Available 20 paints buckets 53kg ,7000per bag in Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.