Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,365 members, 7,800,732 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:22 AM

Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman (22460 Views)

Lesgupnigeria: Notice To All Nairalanders On Agric Section / Imported Poultry Egg Incubator: Tested And Trusted / Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Trustworthy Businessman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by agricexport(m): 3:05pm On Nov 08, 2017
Thanks to those that have contributed in one way or the other.I will like to know if there is any evidence of the incident? I mean,pictures or videos? If there is non,then I doubt the incident.

We shouldn't use that to judge genuine farmers/Project managers.Though, unexpected issues may come up which might not be stated in the proposal,but there should be an evidence. If at all things do not worked out as planned, the owner of the project or his relations should be carried along.Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by obstead200(m): 3:19pm On Nov 08, 2017
eminikansoso:
If you want to engage in farming do it yourself forget those farm managers or management, most of them know nothing about farming. You are in the northern part of the country and giving money to someone in the west to farm for you and you never for once come down to inspect your investment na wa o.
the thing tire me oooo.
She deserves to be duped for such level of stupidity.
How can u send cash contnously and never bothered to check it out?
How can u expect to be a successful farmer without being physically involved?

I am still waiting for the tales of woes of other pple doing remote control farming with the likes of sedu..... , Hotm........ , worl........... And other "farming experts" on nairaland.

I no call anybody name ooo

3 Likes

Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by RealityShot: 4:16pm On Nov 08, 2017
eminikansoso:

Oga you no try at all
Two disasters fire and animals
First, three months after planting fire incident. My question is did you plant cassava in the month of October because fire can only burn down the crop during dry season but you called every one you are managing their farm to inform them the incident without picture.
Secondly, animals attack which is very common to all farmers in the country.
If you planted the cassava during July and you do the weeding on stage 4 as he stated in his own report, there is no way fire can burn down the farm. For my own view oooo
Good question!

when exactly was the cassava planted? @pk2000000 @Lesgupnigeria

op did Les.. Show you any proof of the fire at the said time?

ops where exactly (state) is this farm land?

if Lespug says he still has cassava in your land right now.. You should go and confirm it.. Your money might all be there.

Farm for me Doesnt work even in your own village.

8 Likes

Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by Nobody: 4:19pm On Nov 08, 2017
obstead200:
the thing tire me oooo.

I am still waiting for the tales of woes of other pple doing remote control farming with the likes of sedu..... , Hotm........ , worl........... And other "farming experts" on nairaland.

Lol
People no longer fear God. No single conscience. Some of us are not ready to stain our name both offline and online and even in death.
The saying "A good name is better than riches" is no longer tenable in this country.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by RealityShot: 4:23pm On Nov 08, 2017
obstead200:
the thing tire me oooo.

lmao!
Even remote control "buy for me" is not working self (onions)..
Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by aliyuthayo(m): 5:17pm On Nov 08, 2017
@Lesgup!
It's obvious you are trying to dupe this man. I have my own story to tell, early last year I saw Lesgup advert on Plantain farming, I was interested when I saw the breakdown of cost and ROI. I called him, and he described the farm location for me, I'm sure he doesn't expect me to visit the farm at Kajola, Oyo State.
When I got to the farm, I thank my luck that I've not commit a kobo to the project. Farmers stayed in farm, but this guy and his group stayed in Ogbomosho.
Don't trust anyone with your money when it's comes to farming.
Though he told me i went to the wrong place, but when I sent him the pictures I took, he never bothered me again to invest in the project anymore.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by eminikansoso(m): 5:28pm On Nov 08, 2017
aliyuthayo:
@Lesgup!
It's obvious you are trying to dupe this man. I have my own story to tell, early last year I saw Lesgup advert on Plantain farming, I was interested when I saw the breakdown of cost and ROI. I called him, and he described the farm location for me, I'm sure he doesn't expect me to visit the farm at Kajola, Oyo State.
When I got to the farm, I thank my luck that I've not commit a kobo to the project. Farmers stayed in farm, but this guy and his group stayed in Ogbomosho.
Though he told me i went to the wrong place, but when I sent him the pictures I took, he never bothered me again to invest in the project anymore.
He says fire burnt down the cassava farm during the raining season but that can only happen during the dry season to a farm that never been weed for six months when all grasses in the farm would have dry up.

6 Likes

Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by saliubello(m): 5:39pm On Nov 08, 2017
@all. I have reached out to all parties involved via phone. We spoke extensively on this.

Mr kayode is not on whassap where I would have invited him into a group chat with other persons to mediate and resolve it once and for all.

Mr Gbenga is assuring the OP of the genuineness of his cassava farm and is inviting him to come and see the farmland. A new cassava field was replanted this year for the Op and so only if the Op visits the farmland will any meaningful solution be found to this.

I'm not Mr Gbenga 's P.R but I just felt I should help settle the issues raised.

Kindly help persuade the Op to find time to visit. And to others who are interested in farming, alway remember this; "oloko ni oko nbere" meaning the farm always long to see the owner, your presence is very vital to achieve success.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by aliyuthayo(m): 5:42pm On Nov 08, 2017
eminikansoso:

He says fire burnt down the cassava farm during the raining season but that can only happen during the dry season to a farm that never been weed for six months when all grasses in the farm would have dry up.

grin grin grin grin grin grin gringrin cheesy grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by Nobody: 6:03pm On Nov 08, 2017
And when I thought of investing in this guys business. Wonders shall never end. If Legupnigeria duped this man, then its a very big disappointment and shame on his part for someone who has contributed a lot in agric section. He should clear his name if he can do so.
Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:39pm On Nov 08, 2017
eminikansoso:

Oga you no try at all
Two disasters fire and animals
First, three months after planting fire incident. My question is did you plant cassava in the month of October because fire can only burn down the crop during dry season but you called every one you are managing their farm to inform them the incident without picture.
Secondly, animals attack which is very common to all farmers in the country.
If you planted the cassava during July and you do the weeding on stage 4 as he stated in his own report, there is no way fire can burn down the farm. For my own view oooo
I guess you did not read what I posted very well.
There was fire incidence during the dry season.
During dry season,workers can smoke and drop the cigarette or hunters who hunt do start gunfire which might go beyond their control if not managed.
There are risks and it was one of the risk we encounter,part of it was destroyed and we have to wait till this year rainy season to replant those cassava.
The immature cassava are still on his farm as I type but the issue is that he has not been to the farm even for once to see things for himself.
Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by Tyche(m): 6:42pm On Nov 08, 2017
stagger:
This so-called farm management does not work. Anything can happen: drought, pests, disease, poor yields due to bad soil prep, mismanagement, theft, herdsmen, etc.

If you are not ready to manage your farm yourself and bear all risks involved, do not send money to anyone to do it for you.

Hear! Hear!!
Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:47pm On Nov 08, 2017
kagari:
Mr gbenga your excuse doesn't hold water, there was an agreement beforehand, did you include clause for natural disaster or pest attack or you just painted the business to be perfect.

Mr gbenga you are guilty as charged, you either refund Op his capital or you give him what you agreed he would get in the business proposal
I didn't want to reply you but I feel the need to educate you.
In every business there are challenges.
I informed him about the risk involved before we started.
The success of any business lies in rising above the challenges and find a way to minimise all risks.
This is what we have done by replanting the cassava lost this year to rectify and meet our target which is what we have done and the just planted cassava are doing very fine.

1 Like

Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:02pm On Nov 08, 2017
eminikansoso:

Its either you did not read my post very well or you just want to ignore it.
If the op has visited the farm,he will understand that the area is prone to fire.
When you have cassava farm surrounded by bushy virgin land with dried atmosphere during the dry season,a small fire can consume it.
Yes, we had challenges but we were able to rectify it by replanting the cassava and they are doing very well
If he has bein to the farm,I believe all this issue will not have come up
Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:24pm On Nov 08, 2017
RealityShot:
Good question!

when exactly was the cassava planted? @pk2000000 @Lesgupnigeria

op did Les.. Show you any proof of the fire at the said time?

ops where exactly (state) is this farm land?

if Lespug says he still has cassava in your land right now.. You should go and confirm it.. Your money might all be there.

Farm for me Doesnt work even in your own village.
The cassava we replanted this year is still there.
Was on the farm yesterday.farmland located in Ogbomoso,Oyo state

1 Like

Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:27pm On Nov 08, 2017
aliyuthayo:
@Lesgup!
Trying to dupe him?
If I wanted to,I could have when he bought some acres of our farmland.
His cassava was replanted and doing fine.
Kindly read my post well
Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:31pm On Nov 08, 2017
Philpham:
And when I thought of investing in this guys business. Wonders shall never end. If Legupnigeria duped this man, then its a very big disappointment and shame on his part for someone who has contributed a lot in agric section. He should clear his name if he can do so.
I will never do that.
We have not done it before and we will never do it

1 Like

Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by eminikansoso(m): 7:40pm On Nov 08, 2017
Lesgupnigeria:

I guess you did not read what I posted very well.
There was fire incidence during the dry season.
During dry season,workers can smoke and drop the cigarette or hunters who hunt do start gunfire which might go beyond their control if not managed.
There are risks and it was one of the risk we encounter,part of it was destroyed and we have to wait till this year rainy season to replant those cassava.
The immature cassava are still on his farm as I type but the issue is that he has not been to the farm even for once to see things for himself.
You said three months after planting. Did you plant the cassava in the month of October?

3 Likes

Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by kagari: 8:21pm On Nov 08, 2017
Lesgupnigeria:

I didn't want to reply you but I feel the need to educate you.
In every business there are challenges.
I informed him about the risk involved before we started.
The success of any business lies in rising above the challenges and find a way to minimise all risks.
This is what we have done by replanting the cassava lost this year to rectify and meet our target which is what we have done and the just planted cassava are doing very fine.

If you had informed him of the risk then you are exonerated

For the records you ain't educating me

1 Like

Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:40pm On Nov 08, 2017
eminikansoso:

You said three months after planting. Did you plant the cassava in the month of October?
Here dry season start from October ending till March/April
Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 08, 2017
aliyuthayo:
@Lesgup!
That's a serious allegation.
That's a strong allegation. Its very sad seeing this on this forum with people trying to scam others of their hard earned money.
Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by stagger: 9:22pm On Nov 08, 2017
MMM told people to invest only with money they could afford to lose. Yet people were still throwing in millions, even borrowing money, using money from cooperatives to put into the scheme, even when there was more than enough signals of where the whole thing would end.

The penchant for greed as well as wanting to make so much money without putting in the personal commiserate effort is a big problem. Even if Legsup informed the OP about the risk, I am sure he simply blinded his mind to them and went ahead.

I still maintain: farming by proxy does not work. Quote me anywhere.

5 Likes

Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by Fhemmmy: 9:34pm On Nov 08, 2017
stagger:
MMM told people to invest only with money they could afford to lose. Yet people were still throwing in millions, even borrowing money, using money from cooperatives to put into the scheme, even when there was more than enough signals of where the whole thing would end.

The penchant for greed as well as wanting to make so much money without putting in the personal commiserate effort is a big problem. Even if Legsup informed the OP about the risk, I am sure he simply blinded his mind to them and went ahead.

I still maintain: farming by proxy does not work. Quote me anywhere.

I think this is comparing apple to orange.
The OP invested based on information given to him by the "Farmer Manager" and i dont see where greed come in
MMM people are not doing anything BUT wants to make money even when no one can explain where the money from MMM was coming from.
In this case, the OP owns the land, the "Farm Manager" was supposed to till the land and plant on His behalf which means he is working for the OP and the OP is not doing anything wrong by expecting his returns on the investment

The only problem was how could be be an absentee farmer while he reside in Nigeria and he should have been careful with his investment and KNOW that the risk in farming is huge while if mitigated well, he could smile to the bank too

But i dont see how greed pushed the OP

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by eminikansoso(m): 9:36pm On Nov 08, 2017
Lesgupnigeria:

Here dry season start from October ending till March/April
yes dry season started by October ending but bush burning start by December period when trees and grasses would have dry up.
Note am a farmer no how can fire burn down the bush during November period talk less of October.
We are not all perfect.
There is negligence on the both sides of the story.
Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by eminikansoso(m): 9:47pm On Nov 08, 2017
My cassava farm after 4 months of planting

1 Share

Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by kagari: 9:54pm On Nov 08, 2017
eminikansoso:

yes dry season started by October ending but bush burning start by December period when trees and grasses would have dry up.
Note am a farmer no how can fire burn down the bush during November period talk less of October.
We are not all perfect.
There is negligence on the both sides of the story.

West you are right

North you totally wrong

1 Like

Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by kagari: 9:55pm On Nov 08, 2017
eminikansoso:
My cassava farm after 4 months of planting

Great work, all those lands for the back na your own?
Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:44pm On Nov 08, 2017
Degis:

What kind of stupid talk is this?

So, you have been collecting People's money in your own agriculture ponzi scheme without Insurance against losses like fire, rodent attack etc?

You see why we say you guys are far being in the business of agriculture, how could you?. You had better find a way to remedy this situation instead of forming victim

How could you?. Never give money to anyone to farm for you in Nigeria because majority of them are scammers
I think you might need to go for a checkup.

Before you write carelessly,you need to think.

OP is still owning us money. He only paid for the 1st weeding,we have been using our money to do all the operations on the farm,so how do I scam him.(which was the mistake we made)
And with all the sacrifice,this is what we get in return
So unfortunate

2 Likes

Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by jethro2: 11:46pm On Nov 08, 2017
Lesgupnigeria:

I think you might need to go for a checkup.

Before you write carelessly,you need to think.

OP is still owning us money. He only paid for the 1st weeding,we have been using our money to do all the operations on the farm,so how do I scam him.(which was the mistake we made)
And with all the sacrifice,this is what we get in return
So unfortunate
Hmnnnn.
I remembered been labelled the queen of bad news for cassava then...

I was scorned and called several names for saying lesgupnigeria was lying about the profitability of cassava planting.

I remembered a WhatsApp group of another woman too that was shouting for refund of her money. It was quickly dozed when lesgup agree to refund her money.

We all shut it up.

And now another one brewing.

Who know how many more that didn't speak out.

Every practical farmer knows cassava price are not predictable.

Yes. I agreed I got burnt.
But I never keep lying to people that its profitable because I need their fund to play with.

And here you come online vomiting gibberish saying you help the investor.

You should be on your kneels pleading for messing up the guys fund with the promise of refunding his capital if not with interest.

You obviously mislead him from the beginning because you know you will hide behind fire or whatever excuse you have cooked up.

Investor...
Please hold him tight.
Make sure he pay for every of your money to the last kobo.

And for anyone that lesgupnigeria must have messed up their fund, time for you to speak out.

Please give us another story when you refund the guys money.

Leave the bull and cock story of fire and animal.

Remember that's the same thing you told the other woman too. That cow ate her farm.

Talking of 2 years back

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by jomolu: 12:12am On Nov 09, 2017
IS TRYING TO BUT HAS NOT DUPED YOU.
Fire incident and small animal invasion,And replanting was done to cover the treat,dat mean u still expect more money when these replanted cassava will be harvested.
He also charge u to have one on ground as ur representative to give u first hand info of what is happen in ur farm.
Mr Yusuff,can we have d photos of the farm destroy by fire? because there should be documentation to convince ur clien,if something want wrong.
PLS SHOW US UR EVIDENCES OF FIRE AND SMALL ANIMAL INVASION

4 Likes

Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by Lesgupnigeria(m): 1:16am On Nov 09, 2017
jethro2:
Hmnnnn.
I remembered been labelled the queen of bad news for cassava then...

I was scorned and called several names for saying lesgupnigeria was lying about the profitability of cassava planting.

I remembered a WhatsApp group of another woman too that was shouting for refund of her money. It was quickly dozed when lesgup agree to refund her money.

We all shut it up.

And now another one brewing.

Who know how many more that didn't speak out.

Every practical farmer knows cassava price are not predictable.

Yes. I agreed I got burnt.
But I never keep lying to people that its profitable because I need their fund to play with.

And here you come online vomiting gibberish saying you help the investor.

You should be on your kneels pleading for messing up the guys fund with the promise of refunding his capital if not with interest.

You obviously mislead him from the beginning because you know you will hide behind fire or whatever excuse you have cooked up.

Investor...
Please hold him tight.
Make sure he pay for every of your money to the last kobo.

And for anyone that lesgupnigeria must have messed up their fund, time for you to speak out.

Please give us another story when you refund the guys money.

Leave the bull and cock story of fire and animal.

Remember that's the same thing you told the other woman too. That cow ate her farm.

Talking of 2 years back

We are talking of cutlivation,you are talking of price predictability
How does that correspond?
Don't let me dig up what we have buried 2 years ago.
I hope you have returned the fund you collected from your cooperative members for cassava.
Its disheartening to know that you did not returned their proceed after you promise them heaven on earth.
I thought you should have been more reasonable and mature but unfortunately reverse is the case.
What is the correlation of fire and cow.
The OP is owing us as he did not pay for the farm operations and the not-yet-mature cassava still on the farm so what are you talking.

You got burnt in cassava because you failed in your marketing/sale effort.
Now you overnight jump into vegetables thinking that you will get it right but you fail

You still get people to put money in your dry season vegetable which failed woefully,
One of the participant of that project is with us in our farm estate cultivating cassava/plantain.

I am waiting for you to jump into another crop again.
I will advise you to better stick with your training program
This and many more but i won't trade my precious time writing long epistle.

Because you fail in one crop,does it mean everybody who cultivate is also failing?

I have always being straight forward,honest, transparent and fair in my dealing (those who are doing business with me knows me for that)
And with every business comes risks/challenges and have often inform would-be investors of the risks associate and what we have done/are doing to mitigate those risks.

I feel you need to be put to shame once and for all;if I have scammed anybody,i challenge that person to come out and say so.

We have being faced with series of risks but we tried mitigate them and meet our target and God has been helping us.
We see our investors as partners in business and we have tried as much as possible to compensate them where we deem it fit.

If not that you are being runover by your emotions,I believe you will write something reasonable than this.

1 Like

Re: Mr Yusuff Gbenga Lesgupnigeria Is A Tested and Trusted Businessman by Lesgupnigeria(m): 1:38am On Nov 09, 2017
jomolu:
IS TRYING TO BUT HAS NOT DUPED YOU.
Fire incident and small animal invasion,And replanting was done to cover the treat,dat mean u still expect more money when these replanted cassava will be harvested.
He also charge u to have one on ground as ur representative to give u first hand info of what is happen in ur farm.
Mr Yusuff,can we have d photos of the farm destroy by fire? because there should be documentation to convince ur clien,if something want wrong.
PLS SHOW US UR EVIDENCES OF FIRE AND SMALL ANIMAL INVASION
I want him to come to the farm and see the cassava farm first,
Imagine that you are the one and have not visited the farm,no matter the trust you have in me initially,it will come to a time that you might keep doubting me because you don't know how the area is.
For example,Someone told me few weeks ago that he has been trying my line but it has not been reachable;he said I was trying to ignore his call.
When I told him the area where our farm is,he believe me; but it might be hard for someone to who is not familiar with the area not to believe you especially if money is involved.

The fire and small animal invasion is of no significant now because we have already rectify March/April and the replanted cassava is doing well.If you don't visit and know the area,you might say its not true like somebody said fire can not occur in Southwest at this time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

If watermelon is so profitable, why are farmers not cultivating it commercially? / Chickens Forced To "Skip" Meals As Cost Of Poultry Feed Rises By 100% / Garri Ijebu Available 20 paints buckets 53kg ,7000per bag in Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.