Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,663 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

An Open Letter To Young Nigerian Mothers - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / An Open Letter To Young Nigerian Mothers (1367 Views)

Advice To Young People Who Want To Wed / Meet Young Nigerian Lady Impregnated & Abandoned By A Chinese Expatriate (video) / Nigerians React To Young Couple's Pre-Wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To Young Nigerian Mothers by Rapmoney(m): 7:34pm On Nov 07, 2017
An Open Letter To Young Nigerian Mothers

Dear Nigerian Mothers,

"A man builds a house but it is the woman that builds the home".

I know being a mother is not an easy task. I still vividly remember the pains my mother went through, raising three boys and three girls (six kids) in a Nigerian city where 'open eye' was the order of the day. I have come of age and I have come to realize that all mothers are women but not all women are mothers. I pray God to keep us alive so I can reward mine here on earth for all what she passed through. Same prayer goes to everyone out there whose mother has proven to be a woman and a mother too.

In as much as this letter intends to address Nigerian mothers in general, it is worthy to note that this letter specifically addresses young Nigerian mothers who are still raising teenage and school-age daughters. Reason: Your young daughters are very much important and precious to the society. There is still room to teach them how to work hard with their hands and brains and not to be unnecessarily dependent on the male folks for their survival or existence. It is easier to teach a young tigress to be friendly with humans than an adult tigress. One does not learn how to use the left hand when he/she is old (African Proverb). Ladies of my generation do not need the re-orientation that is contained in this letter more than the younger ones.

The family is the smallest unit of every society, according to Sociologists, of which I concur. In a society where most of our young women have replaced their brains with their buttocks and boobs, I wonder how the next generation would look like if you, our young Nigerian mothers fail to teach your school-age and teenage daughters the importance of acquiring entrepreneural and real-life skills that can see them breaking free from this 'dependency mentality' that has continued to hang around them like the Sword of Damocles.

Most of our young women now sleep with different men of all shapes, sizes and ages just to acquire simple personal gadgets such as phones that may not even cost up to 30k!!! Some do not even mind licking the navel and belly of of a man old enough to be their grandfather just to purchase an Android phone! Now, if such young women intelligently put their hands and brains to use, they too can buy 5 of such phones (or whatever) in no time without sleeping with even an ant or a lizard!

Is it that the brains of the male folks are too developed whereby, acquiring of any form of property is an exclusive activity for males based on mental and physical capacity? How come there is this mentality that whenever a young Nigerian lady needs anything, there must be a male out there to provide it? The answer to these, I believe, lies in the over-dependency nature of our young ladies. Whatever people get used to becomes a habit and then a culture.

Most of our young ladies have stopped using their brains for rational thinking; they now prefer to use their bums and boobs! As soon as a young girl starts noticing certain curves on her hips and the appearance of two prodruding oranges on her chest, that is the end. To hell with her hands and brain! She now has two 'assets' that are bigger than the four factors of production (land, labour, capital and entrepreneur) put together.

Right from a tender age, the female child should be taught the importance of diverting her attention and focus from her body parts to other worthwhile activities that can make her independent, respected and successful in life, while still being conscious of her 'natural endowments'! Your bums and boobs are parts of your body; they are not factors of production!!! Whenever I see young women who are thriving in science, arts, sports, technology, education, agriculture and other paths in life, I cannot help but give them a respectful salute as if I was giving a salute as a military personnel to a fellow officer. I always doff my hat for them because I know such women have bums and boobs but looked beyond these because they had dreams and visions they were dying to actualize! Genevieve Nnaji, Chimamanda Adichie, Asa, Asisat Oshoala, Serena and Venus Williams, Simi, Yemi Alade and a host of others have vaginas and boobs too but they knew they had something burning in them that was struggling to be noticed!

Let our young mothers harness the talents of their young female children. Talent is not an exclusive potential to be utilized by the male folks. If you have a daughter and she is good at sports, such as field events, it is expected you nurture her to be successful in the path she is gifted in. At 16, they should be following one endeavour or the other to be dependent and successful in life and not various d*cks of all sizes for survival!

Thank you and Good morning!

Yours sincerely,

Kelvin U. Kartez (Rapmoney)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Young Nigerian Mothers by Loyalblak007(f): 7:36pm On Nov 07, 2017
hmmmmm
Re: An Open Letter To Young Nigerian Mothers by Rapmoney(m): 7:43pm On Nov 07, 2017
Loyalblak007:
hmmmmm
Yes.
Re: An Open Letter To Young Nigerian Mothers by jake247(m): 7:59pm On Nov 07, 2017
Why u dey spoil market for oloshi, and ashawo na, thats there talent, and they sell small small.
Re: An Open Letter To Young Nigerian Mothers by FTrebirth(m): 8:02pm On Nov 07, 2017
God bless all nigerian mothers...married and unmarried.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Young Nigerian Mothers by erifeoluwasimi(f): 8:03pm On Nov 07, 2017
true talk

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Young Nigerian Mothers by Rapmoney(m): 8:15pm On Nov 07, 2017
jake247:
Why u dey spoil market for oloshi, and ashawo na, thats there talent, and they sell small small.
Wetin concern fish and raincoat? Ye knoweth not what thou sayeth.
Re: An Open Letter To Young Nigerian Mothers by adepeter2027(m): 9:16pm On Nov 07, 2017
Well articulated

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Young Nigerian Mothers by Rapmoney(m): 12:04am On Nov 08, 2017
adepeter2027:
Well articulated
Thanks.
Re: An Open Letter To Young Nigerian Mothers by Nobody: 8:40am On Nov 08, 2017
Nice writeup
Re: An Open Letter To Young Nigerian Mothers by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 08, 2017
Rapmoney:
An Open Letter To Young Nigerian Mothers

Dear Nigerian Mothers,

"A man builds a house but it is the woman that builds the home".

I know being a mother is not an easy task. I still vividly remember the pains my mother went through, raising three boys and three girls (six kids) in a Nigerian city where 'open eye' was the order of the day. I have come of age and I have come to realize that all mothers are women but not all women are mothers. I pray God to keep us alive so I can reward mine here on earth for all what she passed through. Same prayer goes to everyone out there whose mother has proven to be a woman and a mother too.

In as much as this letter intends to address Nigerian mothers in general, it is worthy to note that this letter specifically addresses young Nigerian mothers who are still raising teenage and school-age daughters. Reason: Your young daughters are very much important and precious to the society. There is still room to teach them how to work hard with their hands and brains and not to be unnecessarily dependent on the male folks for their survival or existence. It is easier to teach a young tigress to be friendly with humans than an adult tigress. One does not learn how to use the left hand when he/she is old (African Proverb). Ladies of my generation do not need the re-orientation that is contained in this letter more than the younger ones.

The family is the smallest unit of every society, according to Sociologists, of which I concur. In a society where most of our young women have replaced their brains with their buttocks and boobs, I wonder how the next generation would look like if you, our young Nigerian mothers fail to teach your school-age and teenage daughters the importance of acquiring entrepreneural and real-life skills that can see them breaking free from this 'dependency mentality' that has continued to hang around them like the Sword of Damocles.

Most of our young women now sleep with different men of all shapes, sizes and ages just to acquire simple personal gadgets such as phones that may not even cost up to 30k!!! Some do not even mind licking the navel and belly of of a man old enough to be their grandfather just to purchase an Android phone! Now, if such young women intelligently put their hands and brains to use, they too can buy 5 of such phones (or whatever) in no time without sleeping with even an ant or a lizard!

Is it that the brains of the male folks are too developed whereby, acquiring of any form of property is an exclusive activity for males based on mental and physical capacity? How come there is this mentality that whenever a young Nigerian lady needs anything, there must be a male out there to provide it? The answer to these, I believe, lies in the over-dependency nature of our young ladies. Whatever people get used to becomes a habit and then a culture.

Most of our young ladies have stopped using their brains for rational thinking; they now prefer to use their bums and boobs! As soon as a young girl starts noticing certain curves on her hips and the appearance of two prodruding oranges on her chest, that is the end. To hell with her hands and brain! She now has two 'assets' that are bigger than the four factors of production (land, labour, capital and entrepreneur) put together.

Right from a tender age, the female child should be taught the importance of diverting her attention and focus from her body parts to other worthwhile activities that can make her independent, respected and successful in life, while still being conscious of her 'natural endowments'! Your bums and boobs are parts of your body; they are not factors of production!!! Whenever I see young women who are thriving in science, arts, sports, technology, education, agriculture and other paths in life, I cannot help but give them a respectful salute as if I was giving a salute as a military personnel to a fellow officer. I always doff my hat for them because I know such women have bums and boobs but looked beyond these because they had dreams and visions they were dying to actualize! Genevieve Nnaji, Chimamanda Adichie, Asa, Asisat Oshoala, Serena and Venus Williams, Simi, Yemi Alade and a host of others have vaginas and boobs too but they knew they had something burning in them that was struggling to be noticed!

Let our young mothers harness the talents of their young female children. Talent is not an exclusive potential to be utilized by the male folks. If you have a daughter and she is good at sports, such as field events, it is expected you nurture her to be successful in the path she is gifted in. At 16, they should be following one endeavour or the other to be dependent and successful in life and not various d*cks of all sizes for survival!

Thank you and Good morning!

Yours sincerely,

Kelvin U. Kartez (Rapmoney)

They are already doing it. feminist ideology is spreading
Re: An Open Letter To Young Nigerian Mothers by ChyOmaa(f): 8:54am On Nov 08, 2017
Wonderful write up.

We should also be conscious of the kind of life we live as singles so that it don't affect our children.

Rapmoney longest time wink
Re: An Open Letter To Young Nigerian Mothers by tosyne2much(m): 9:49am On Nov 08, 2017
God bless my mother

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Young Nigerian Mothers by Blackhawk01: 9:53am On Nov 08, 2017
FTrebirth:
God bless all nigerian mothers...married and unmarried.

Amen! And God bless our Superheroes too, the fathers. kiss kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Young Nigerian Mothers by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 08, 2017
Nice one. always looking forward to your posts.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Young Nigerian Mothers by Rapmoney(m): 5:01am On Nov 09, 2017
ChyOmaa:
Wonderful write up.

We should also be conscious of the kind of life we live as singles so that it don't affect our children.

Rapmoney longest time wink
Wow! Where have you been, Mzpecs? It's been a while.
Re: An Open Letter To Young Nigerian Mothers by GoldenChiddy: 1:50pm On Nov 10, 2017
There's a lot of igbo culture being promoted within the igbo-British community. Have a look at the channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuZjPkvP-C8&feature=youtu.be
Re: An Open Letter To Young Nigerian Mothers by greencard: 2:05pm On Nov 10, 2017
GoldenChiddy:
There's a lot of igbo culture being promoted within the igbo-British community. Have a look at the channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuZjPkvP-C8&feature=youtu.be
this isn't about culture this is about women training their children to standard

nice write up dude .

God bless my mummy who also doubles as my father's wife, and triples as my heroine and quadruples as my goddess grin
Re: An Open Letter To Young Nigerian Mothers by Gerrard59(m): 9:07pm On Dec 05, 2017
Well, raising children whether female or male is not the sole duty of the mother. Last I checked, the father and mother are involved. You talked about young lasses being unnecessarily promiscuous, however, you forget it's simple demand and supply.

Another thing is: Yes, females should work and earn their money. However, due to the psychological build-up of females, she expects some or most things (depending on the female and partner) to be purchased by the male. It's one of the reasons females date/marry up not down. So don't expect a abrupt withdrawal of men buying things for women or the latter "depending" on the former for some/most things.

No, males are not particularly wired for investments and property purchase. However, due to years of evolutionary development, the testosterone in males ensures this happens. Society and psychology, not forgetting religion and culture have made it that men are to provide for his partner and household. It's why almost every male out there "hustles" while young lasses look forward to marriage (every woman desires to marry a man that has more money than she does). Additionally, same society will castigate, malign subtly ladies who invests a lot in herself, properties and the likes. Is it not on the same Nairaland, young ladies are cautioned on buying a car so as not to "drive away suitors"? When such has been ingrained into the cerebrum of females, why will they not" depend" on the man"?

Your article is a good one (more and more ladies are working, investing in themselves, using their brains and hands), but that doesn't stop or will not stop ladies from "depending" on the man for certain things, even necessities. My side of the writeup is that females are not to be solely blamed for the dependent nature neither is raising a girl child solely the forte of the mother. Psychology and nature are responsible.

Cc: Rapmoney.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Young Nigerian Mothers by Nobody: 9:26pm On Dec 05, 2017
Op started well but ended badly, why the focus on the "Female " child only? Do they make Humanity /Society alone? . I guess it's high time you put your bitter opinion about the female child or whatever unhappy experiences you have had with the female species out of your head before you write on topics like this.Some topics are better discussed and enjoyed without gender discrimination!

This write up reeks of hypocrisy at its highest and should be dumped on 'Mamaland' if there is anything like that! undecided

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Only Virgins Fall In Love With Me / toms55 You Are A Fool,airforce1 Is Not Lifeofpolice1(my pic attach) / First White Weeding In Igede Ekiti, Ekiti State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.