Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

Scholar Urges Corpers To Return Overpaid Allowances - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Scholar Urges Corpers To Return Overpaid Allowances (27725 Views)

Who Is Lying? NYSC Denies Telling Corpers To Prepare Ransom / "How Can Government Post Corpers To Abia State To Suffer?" - Corps Member / Soldiers Welcome Corpers To Kogi NYSC Camp With Their Luggage On Their Head (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scholar Urges Corpers To Return Overpaid Allowances by Yarnvibes(f): 10:23pm On Nov 07, 2017
A Muslim scholar and social media activist, Ustãz Muhammad Sanusi, has admonished Corp members who received beyond their usual allowance of N19,800 to return it to the Federal Government.

It was learnt that some corps member were paid N19,800 four times (N79,200), while some were paid as much as N164,000.

READ HIS FULL ADMONITION BELOW:

Assalaam alaykum warahmatullaah wabarakaatuh
This morning, I got a report from a Corps member that NYSC has overpaid some youth serving in the scheme. My informant, a serving Corps member was paid 19,800 four times! That brings her total allowee for the month of October to N79,200!!! In fact, a friend to my informant who has just passed out was paid 164,000 instead of 41,000.

Dear brothers and sisters in Islaam, if you’re one of those that have been overpaid by the NYSC, do not think that you have hit a jackpot and divert the money for personal use. No, by Allaah this is a museebah you’ve just been afflicted with. Do not let the Shaytaan win you over. That money belongs to fellow Corps members who are awaiting payment.

Here, you should demonstrate the spirit of honesty, justice and humanity of Islaam by returning the money to the appropriate authorities.

You’re not being smart by keeping quiet about it. The NYSC scheme may not know, but surely Allaah knows!

Devouring the wealth of others unjustly is a grievous sin in Islaam. It’s one of the kabaa’ir (major sins) for which some nations past were destroyed.
Remember…. You may escape from the wrath of the Federal Government, you can’t escape the wrath of Allaah!
“O you who have believed, do not consume one another’s wealth unjustly but only [in lawful] business by mutual consent. And do not kill yourselves [or one another]. Indeed, Allah is to you ever Merciful.” (Q. 2:188)

“O you who have believed, do not consume one another’s wealth unjustly but only [in lawful] business by mutual consent. And do not kill yourselves [or one another]. Indeed, Allah is to you ever Merciful.” (Q. 4:29)

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Do you know who is bankrupt?” They said, “The one without money or goods is bankrupt.” The Prophet said, “Verily, the bankrupt of my nation are those who come on the Day of Resurrection with prayers, fasting, and charity, but also with insults, slander, consuming wealth, shedding blood, and beating others. The oppressed will each be given from his good deeds. If his good deeds run out before justice is fulfilled, then their sins will be cast upon him and he will be thrown into the Hellfire.”

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 2581
Don’t be smart, be human. Don’t be Nigerian, be Muslim!!!

http://fabinfos.com/nysc-scholar-urges-corps-members-return-overpaid-allowances/

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Scholar Urges Corpers To Return Overpaid Allowances by saasala(m): 9:17am On Nov 08, 2017
Return kini?

May thunder strike any corper that returns any kobo.

After plummeting the economy to its lowest ebb and mismanaging the public funds meant for the betterment of the citizenry, the overly corrupt government or whoever is in charge of payment made a good mistake by over paying these corpers who are risking their lives to serve this ill-fated nation and this cleric is advising them to return this fund? I stopped schooling at SS3 but I know what my friends and other fresh graduates went/go through just to do this shitty national norm that should be scrapped. Those guys deserve to be paid 120k monthly. What is this meagre amount to the billions these oloriburuku people are carting away to Switzerland on a per minute basis.

Well, only a Muslim cleric will say this. I trust the pastors who have corruption embedded in them already, they will tell you it is unmerited favour and quote about 10 different bible verses to support this claim thereby making your conscience clear. It is the only time like this their corrupt self is useful.

It is now their time to eat out of the national cake. This kinda opportunity is once in a lifetime. Do not misuse it.

Nuff said!

125 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Scholar Urges Corpers To Return Overpaid Allowances by Nobody: 9:17am On Nov 08, 2017
They should demonstrate the spirit of honesty, justice and humanity by returning the money to the appropriate authorities.

Well, this is what I would have done, but I'm sure that not many people can return the money.

Let me chill out and read the comments of the future leaders of our nation.
I'm so sure they will never disappoint!!

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scholar Urges Corpers To Return Overpaid Allowances by Nobody: 9:17am On Nov 08, 2017
Anakogheri

18 Likes 2 Shares

trust me, 98% of the recipients will not return it. grin

They think Nigerians are mumu

22 Likes

Re: Scholar Urges Corpers To Return Overpaid Allowances by kingandamy4life(m): 9:17am On Nov 08, 2017
u dey joke.see my national cake

4 Likes

Re: Scholar Urges Corpers To Return Overpaid Allowances by asawanathegreat(m): 9:17am On Nov 08, 2017
Bro go tell Buhari and Magu

1 Like

Re: Scholar Urges Corpers To Return Overpaid Allowances by GrandMufti: 9:17am On Nov 08, 2017
The one Babachir stole was meant for human beings abi? Did he return it? angry Islam is really for the poor

31 Likes

Re: Scholar Urges Corpers To Return Overpaid Allowances by africanb(m): 9:17am On Nov 08, 2017
Story for the gods...

2 Likes

return fire na their birth right

1 Like

Re: Scholar Urges Corpers To Return Overpaid Allowances by gbugbru(m): 9:18am On Nov 08, 2017
Hope this Alfa guy is not mad... Wetin concern am... He should say that to the politicians who milks our sovereign wealth to nothing

6 Likes

Re: Scholar Urges Corpers To Return Overpaid Allowances by pawesome(m): 9:18am On Nov 08, 2017
We no go return am..tell dose politicians to return dia own grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scholar Urges Corpers To Return Overpaid Allowances by olafotad: 9:18am On Nov 08, 2017
lol
Re: Scholar Urges Corpers To Return Overpaid Allowances by BigBelleControl(m): 9:18am On Nov 08, 2017
They should return it, what goes around comes around. 79,000 or 164,000 will not make you an overnight millionaire. It can only add more mysteries because they neither worked not planned for it.

14 Likes

Re: Scholar Urges Corpers To Return Overpaid Allowances by Oluwasegun664(m): 9:18am On Nov 08, 2017
Our Fathers Land Money
Re: Scholar Urges Corpers To Return Overpaid Allowances by bobolizim(m): 9:18am On Nov 08, 2017
I don't know whether returning such money will be utter stupidity.
Re: Scholar Urges Corpers To Return Overpaid Allowances by drasob: 9:18am On Nov 08, 2017
Some will return it, some won't return it but I say to you that the extra 19800 won't solve your problems in this life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scholar Urges Corpers To Return Overpaid Allowances by Factfinder1(m): 9:18am On Nov 08, 2017
Stupid mistake if I return am make I die....the programmers and bankers that designed the payroll system should be sacked and arrested.....useless country in 2017 we still having issues of ghost workers,payroll system faliur and poor power generation

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Scholar Urges Corpers To Return Overpaid Allowances by Peacefulgold(m): 9:19am On Nov 08, 2017
e b like say u just dey learn ....

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Scholar Urges Corpers To Return Overpaid Allowances by NwaAmaikpe: 9:19am On Nov 08, 2017
shocked

"Opportunity comes but once".
-Nico Mbarga

I'd advise the corpers to do the needful because 5sets of corpers before them are still roaming the streets jobless.

That free money is the best the government can offer to them.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Scholar Urges Corpers To Return Overpaid Allowances by obaataaokpaewu: 9:19am On Nov 08, 2017
The problem is when the money is returned, it's the NYSC officials that will still eat it.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scholar Urges Corpers To Return Overpaid Allowances by mailingdgreat: 9:19am On Nov 08, 2017
Return fire! Go tell our leaders wey loot our treasury dry make dem return am na. See small capital to start a micro business sha

1 Like

Re: Scholar Urges Corpers To Return Overpaid Allowances by Sagamaje(m): 9:19am On Nov 08, 2017
Wonderful. That imam must be living outer space . Aboti return eh ni

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scholar Urges Corpers To Return Overpaid Allowances by Oloripelebe: 9:19am On Nov 08, 2017
grin grin grin
Re: Scholar Urges Corpers To Return Overpaid Allowances by Nobody: 9:20am On Nov 08, 2017
Sagamaje:
Wonderful. That imam must be living outer space . Aboti return eh ni
mailingdgreat:
Return fire! Go tell our leaders wey loot our treasury dry make dem return am na. See small capital to start a micro business sha
Peacefulgold:
e b like say u just dey learn ....
bobolizim:
I don't know whether returning such money will be utter stupidity.
Oluwasegun664:
Our Fathers Land Money
pawesome:
We no go return am..tell dose politicians to return dia own grin
gbugbru:
Hope this Alfa guy is not mad... Wetin concern am... He should say that to the politicians who milks our sovereign wealth to nothing
Esepayan:
return fire na their birth right
africanb:
Story for the gods...
GrandMufti:
The one Babachir stole was meant for human beings abi? Did he return it? angry
kingandamy4life:
u dey joke.see my national cake
saasala:
Return kini?

May thunder strike any corper that returns any kobo

You see what I wrote in the 2nd comment on the thread?
They will surely never disappoint!
I weep for the future of my nation!!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scholar Urges Corpers To Return Overpaid Allowances by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 9:20am On Nov 08, 2017
Shaa the thing is, if the govt wants the money back, its very easy to know those that were overpaid, and with BVN its very easy to get it back, even if you close down the account

4 Likes

Re: Scholar Urges Corpers To Return Overpaid Allowances by Rinsola32(f): 9:20am On Nov 08, 2017
I never receive my allawee oooo.

Wey my own 19,800?

2 Likes

Re: Scholar Urges Corpers To Return Overpaid Allowances by GoldNiagara(m): 9:20am On Nov 08, 2017
I was not paid my last four month allowee as a corper and heaven did not fall. So what is the big deal.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scholar Urges Corpers To Return Overpaid Allowances by rozayx5(m): 9:21am On Nov 08, 2017
grin grin cheesy

Only goat go returnam

undecided

2 Likes

Re: Scholar Urges Corpers To Return Overpaid Allowances by ybalogs(m): 9:21am On Nov 08, 2017
Can only be returned if truly it's affecting other corp members being paid.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Our Lodge Got Robbed Inside My PPA - Corper / COVID-19: NYSC Mulls Reopening Of Orientation Camps After Lockdown / Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.