Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,449 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:38 PM

ICAN Holds 60th Induction Ceremony - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / ICAN Holds 60th Induction Ceremony (11769 Views)

ICAN Releases Date For 50th AATWA Induction Ceremony 2019 / [PHOTOS] Chartered Institute Of Taxation (CITN) Hold Her 39th Induction Ceremony / ICAN Chartered Accountants Awaitting Induction Come In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ICAN Holds 60th Induction Ceremony by Hwy9: 11:32am On Nov 08, 2017
[color=#006600][/color]
maxibrainz02:
Am a 400level mathematics student, and I have interest in ICAN...how will I go about it.. Advice please

Nice idea. I will advise you finish with ur BSc first before registering with ICAN. U will start from foundation level. There r 3levels; foundation , skilled and professional. U might also need practical experience too to take advantage of the knowledge u acquire. To achieve this, u might seek employment
in an audit ( thrive for the "big 4" )

1 Like

Re: ICAN Holds 60th Induction Ceremony by Sezua(m): 11:41am On Nov 08, 2017
Soon enough. Two more stages to go for me. November diet is next week. PM and MGE...i dey come

1 Like

Re: ICAN Holds 60th Induction Ceremony by ednut1(m): 12:33pm On Nov 08, 2017
phadriz:

Very soon our great Institute certificate will be like ordinary BSc. if this trend continues. Inducting over 1500
so they shud fail pple instead

2 Likes

Re: ICAN Holds 60th Induction Ceremony by ukeleh: 12:37pm On Nov 08, 2017
Congratulations to my daughter and all other inductees
Re: ICAN Holds 60th Induction Ceremony by newslifeop: 12:50pm On Nov 08, 2017
Good
Re: ICAN Holds 60th Induction Ceremony by ukeleh: 1:09pm On Nov 08, 2017
Congratulations to my daughter and all other inductees.

1 Like

Re: ICAN Holds 60th Induction Ceremony by Seyiprof: 1:40pm On Nov 08, 2017
Congrats to all of them, i am next in line by Gods grace.

1 Like

Re: ICAN Holds 60th Induction Ceremony by senboy204(m): 2:17pm On Nov 08, 2017
phadriz:

Very soon our great Institute certificate will be like ordinary BSc. if this trend continues. Inducting over 1500
I guess you know nothing about the institute so no need to argue with you but just to enlighten you about some facts about ICAN that you don't know:
Firstly, since the inception of the institute in 1960's till now all chartered accountant produced by the institute are less than 50000 in number, this figure include both dead and alive chartered accountant,considering the population of Nigeria which is 180million ppl at present the ratio is 0.00027 to 1 of chartered accountant in this country.
Secondly, for a chartered accountant to practice as an auditor in Nigeria its mandatory to practice as partner, meaning a single accountant can't start up an audit firm in Nigeria, it most be 2 or more chartered accountants be ICAN will issue you a practicing licence.
Thirdly, compared to ANAN who have produced more than 150000 national accountant considering it came into inception 20 years later than ICAN (1980's), my brother ICAN is not, will not and cannot produce a substandard chartered accountant in the next foreseeable future.

5 Likes

Re: ICAN Holds 60th Induction Ceremony by senboy204(m): 2:17pm On Nov 08, 2017
Congratulations to all new inductees

1 Like

Re: ICAN Holds 60th Induction Ceremony by djgreenland(m): 5:05pm On Nov 08, 2017
phadriz:

Na your type go break bridge after passing... So others will not follow.

2 Likes

Re: ICAN Holds 60th Induction Ceremony by Samuelojonla123(m): 7:04pm On Nov 08, 2017
Am also going to be among very soon.
Re: ICAN Holds 60th Induction Ceremony by Jamean(f): 7:29pm On Nov 08, 2017
Heard you were around, wished to know what you look like undecided

Mynd44:
Today is the second day of the 60th Induction ceremoney for new members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria.

1,519 new members will be inducted today and this will also be the largest number of inductees in the history of ICAN

Congratulations to all Nairalanders getting inducted today.

BTW, I have never seen so many accountants in one room
Re: ICAN Holds 60th Induction Ceremony by franchuks(m): 7:35pm On Nov 08, 2017
It was really great to finally be called ACA. All glory be to God. Congratulations to all Nairaland ACA and to the intending ones, stay persistent!

1 Like

Re: ICAN Holds 60th Induction Ceremony by zizie: 7:47pm On Nov 08, 2017
Can't wait for the Cfa induction on Sunday.
Re: ICAN Holds 60th Induction Ceremony by Mynd44: 8:01pm On Nov 08, 2017
Jamean:
Heard you were around, wished to know what you look like undecided

I left around 2…when they were still calling names……

I dont like crowds *covers face*
Re: ICAN Holds 60th Induction Ceremony by dingbang(m): 8:03pm On Nov 08, 2017
Mynd44:

lmao...
Re: ICAN Holds 60th Induction Ceremony by Jamean(f): 8:04pm On Nov 08, 2017
Mynd44:

You don't need the certificate abi undecided
Re: ICAN Holds 60th Induction Ceremony by dingbang(m): 8:05pm On Nov 08, 2017
Can an engineer enroll for ican?
Re: ICAN Holds 60th Induction Ceremony by Jamean(f): 8:05pm On Nov 08, 2017
phadriz:

Goan pass the exams first na... Talk is cheap
Re: ICAN Holds 60th Induction Ceremony by Mynd44: 8:11pm On Nov 08, 2017
Jamean:

You don't need the certificate abi undecided
I went as a guest oooo. I am not even a commercial student

1 Like

Re: ICAN Holds 60th Induction Ceremony by Jamean(f): 3:20am On Nov 09, 2017
Mynd44:

I went as a guest oooo. I am not even a commercial student

Lol! Just continue
Re: ICAN Holds 60th Induction Ceremony by phadriz(m): 9:05am On Nov 09, 2017
senboy204:

I guess you know nothing about the institute so no need to argue with you but just to enlighten you about some facts about ICAN that you don't know:
Firstly, since the inception of the institute in 1960's till now all chartered accountant produced by the institute are less than 50000 in number, this figure include both dead and alive chartered accountant,considering the population of Nigeria which is 180million ppl at present the ratio is 0.00027 to 1 of chartered accountant in this country.
Secondly, for a chartered accountant to practice as an auditor in Nigeria its mandatory to practice as partner, meaning a single accountant can't start up an audit firm in Nigeria, it most be 2 or more chartered accountants be ICAN will issue you a practicing licence.
Thirdly, compared to ANAN who have produced more than 150000 national accountant considering it came into inception 20 years later than ICAN (1980's), my brother ICAN is not, will not and cannot produce a substandard chartered accountant in the next foreseeable future.

What is the value of those CNA that ANAN produces? So you are expecting ICAN to start issuing certificates anyhow in order to compete with ANAN population that they introduced to IFAC few years ago.
My friend if the supply of ACA is more than or equal to the demand it will make the certificate valueless. The same problem Bsc. is facing, we keep producing graduates without enabling environment to accommodate their services.
Re: ICAN Holds 60th Induction Ceremony by mandonnels(m): 11:44pm On Apr 14, 2019
zizie:
Can't wait for the Cfa induction on Sunday.
good day
can u put me through on the registration process?
I know its quite expensive
Re: ICAN Holds 60th Induction Ceremony by DexterousOne(m): 6:07pm On Feb 09, 2020
congrats to dem all but 1500? dats too much tho

No its not

1500 is fair
Re: ICAN Holds 60th Induction Ceremony by DexterousOne(m): 6:12pm On Feb 09, 2020
phadriz:

What is the value of those CNA that ANAN produces? So you are expecting ICAN to start issuing certificates anyhow in order to compete with ANAN population that they introduced to IFAC few years ago.
[b]My friend if the supply of ACA is more than or equal to the demand it will make the certificate valueless. [/b]The same problem Bsc. is facing, we keep producing graduates without enabling environment to accommodate their services.

That is a wrong assertion to make

Just like most professional fields in Nigeria
Many Chartered accountants are struggling because the economy is fvcked

Doctirdare struggling
Many are leaving
There are more Nigerian doctors abroad than Nigerian doctors in Nigeria

Lawyers are struggling too
Many are writing IELTS cheesy

What of Nurses? Engineer? etc?

Does it make these professions or their certificate valueless?

The question is no.

America has almost 700k CPAs
Are the CPA struggling en masse there like accountants here?

No.

Only God can help Nigeria mehn
It's a sinking ship
Re: ICAN Holds 60th Induction Ceremony by DexterousOne(m): 6:13pm On Feb 09, 2020
djgreenland:
Na your type go break bridge after passing... So others will not follow.

No mind am

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Six Career Myths You Shouldn't Fall For / Tips On How To Avoid Being Fired / As A Single Guy How Do You Deal With Work Stress?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.