Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,730 members, 7,806,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:58 AM

Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment - Education (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment (66651 Views)

Protest At Nigerian Maritime University, Delta As Student Dies Due To Negligence / Beauty Of Nigeria Maritime University, Okorenkoko, Delta State (Photos) / Nigerian Maritime University: Admission! Admission!! Admission!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by Kemolin44: 8:33am On Mar 02, 2018
Mr. NMU, I just called a Prof who I learnt was in the panel yesterday. He said they are done with Engineering, and that he has left the community.
I had to cancel my flight because I was actually coming from Lagos. I was almost at the airport

Please kindly help us with your number for clarity.

It is not good the way the whole execise was managed.
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by deezeeblancos: 8:54am On Mar 02, 2018
None of my numbers were on DND...

Why didnt i get the invite?.

I think the problem is from the school
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by Kemolin44: 9:35am On Mar 02, 2018
A game plan to deprive qualified people from attending in order to put their own people.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by otacheric: 10:14am On Mar 02, 2018
i learnt the venue has been relocated to warri. pls what is the name of the venue sir?
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by Ocheinstein(m): 11:04am On Mar 02, 2018
Guys, we are all learned men. We shouldn't fight each other. We are not enemies of each other. We all have a common enemy which is societal limitation. If u don't get this time, it's not a problem, aluta continua, what ever it is, your invitation even is not a guarantee for selection. Better people than us who saw the advert didn't have money to apply. Let's be happy we are alive to see today. And thank God for all who scaled through. Congratulations y'all

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by much30: 11:08am On Mar 02, 2018
NMUniversity:
uchenna nwachukwu

You were actually shortlisted! we have sent you a mail. Deactivate DND and inform us immediately so we can send you an invite!

Be ready to travel because today is the last interview day.
sir, it can't be possible for those of us that are living very far to make it to Warri today. it will be fair if the interview will be rescheduled for us anytime next week. and come to think of it, I thought that shortlisted candidates were suppose to be published on the national newspapers and not by sms, since it is a Federal government job. please let the management of NMU look into these matter and give everyone equal and fair opportunity to participate in the interview.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by Meek3445(f): 12:11pm On Mar 02, 2018
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by Juenwume: 3:03pm On Mar 02, 2018
I spent over 10k just 4 the application and over qualification dey worry me and then this. SMS is not a reliable system. Why not use a more reliable platform?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by athorello(m): 7:53pm On Mar 02, 2018
Worst experience so far but God will help me to move on. Wasted funds, time and money. After I used test to shine I still missed interview because of misinformation and poor information management. Why move interviews to Warri without duly informing everyone concerned, not like we're all staying at the campus? All concerned with this mismanagement did not try at all. And it's a shame.
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by Nobody: 9:59pm On Mar 02, 2018
athorello:
Worst experience so far but God will help me to move on. Wasted funds, time and money. After I used test to shine I still missed interview because of misinformation and poor information management. Why move interviews to Warri without duly informing everyone concerned, not like we're all staying at the campus? All concerned with this mismanagement did not try at all. And it's a shame.
Are you the physics guy?
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by athorello(m): 1:59am On Mar 03, 2018
Tayerulz:

Are you the physics guy?

Yes o... And not just me. The crazy part is that we're at the jetty waiting for boats when these conflicting info were coming. And there's no way for us to confirm.
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by izicooo(f): 4:05pm On Mar 04, 2018
ojotobor:

the first round of selection is over for most ( if not all) depts...the outcome was deadly...some dept picked just 6 candidates ( biology Dept) while some picked less that will move to the next stage of the recruitment...
they just made some people to waste their transport..
biology was over 130 but only 6 scale tru the first round...
IT'S WELL, MAY GOD HELP OUR UNEMPLOYED YOUTHS
Please be sure of what you are saying. Biology department picked 11 candidates and not 6.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by izicooo(f): 4:19pm On Mar 04, 2018
NMU and their crash program. Text messages would have been sent, lets say 30 days to the interview.
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by Mama4life(f): 11:06pm On Mar 04, 2018
Please Is The Result For Logistics And Maritime Transport Out?
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by ojaigbo: 2:35pm On Mar 06, 2018
seriously the whole screening process was hectic. had to go to warri as early as 5:30am to catch the first boat for the interview. after the interview what next? have there been any post-interview contact with selected candidates? will they still sieve from the selected candidates that were granted interview?? because when the mama vc was calling those selected after the tunbom- tunbom test she was wishing us congratulations. I see a big future in the school, I wish and pray to work there.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by Tosyn99(m): 5:43pm On Mar 06, 2018
Greetings to everyone, pls to those that were invited for the interview, pls I want to ask what was the nature of the question. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by acosfd: 9:03pm On Mar 06, 2018
Did anyone get invited from the faculty of Engineering?
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by erisco: 11:28am On Mar 07, 2018
@NMU, have u invited anyone that applied for Chemical engineering? because, i applied for the position of Assistant lecturer but hasnt been invited.
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by Iyawe247: 11:08am On Mar 10, 2018
Pls NMU Admin, what's the update for those of us that made it to the oral interview stage?. When are we likely going to be contacted for documentation and other formalities? Pls I need the information to make a critical decision right now, and just in case we have something else that we may be planning to engage in the interim. Pls reply cos I believe by the special grace of God, I have made it..'Ceteris paribus'.. I must also salute the courage of the VC and her team, who made the entire process transparent and credible. With what I saw dat day(1&2 March,2018), there's Hope for this country..it goes a long way to show that you musn't know anyone in Government to get into a position. I pray the recruitment process ends well, just the way it has started. Pls reply Admin. Thanks

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by donapope(m): 7:04am On Mar 21, 2018
[quote author=NMUniversity post=65384773][/quote]
Good morning. Please what is the latest concerning the interview? Have successful applicants been finally shortlisted and contacted? Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by jydorchem: 3:12pm On Mar 26, 2018
Can someone please answer this question?

Good morning. Please what is the latest concerning the interview? Have successful applicants been finally shortlisted and contacted? Thank you. [/quote]
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by Iyawe247: 7:31am On Apr 04, 2018
Heard the University begins a new Academic session, mid April. Uptill now, I haven't heard anything or seen anyone contacted from the interview conducted. Pls what's d update?@ NMU Admin.
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by Eleba: 12:52pm On Apr 04, 2018
Iyawe247:
Heard the University begins a new Academic session, mid April. Uptill now, I haven't heard anything or seen anyone contacted from the interview conducted. Pls what's d update?@ NMU Admin.

Maybe now you'll understand being smart just isn't enough in this country. Even when it's enough, you'd have to be 10 times better than everyone else.

I was at the interview, I can tell you matter of factly there are persons who didn't go there yet will get the job. The said persons told me that and considering the people they know, they'll get the job.
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by Iyawe247: 7:51pm On Apr 11, 2018
Has anyone been contacted here?...Heard NMU has started calling
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by Nobody: 8:56am On Apr 12, 2018
Iyawe247:
Has anyone been contacted here?...Heard NMU has started calling
What's your source please?
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by izicooo(f): 6:04pm On Apr 12, 2018
Its true Nmu has started sending congratulatory messages to people.
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by Iyawe247: 4:34pm On Apr 13, 2018
Tayerulz:

What's your source please?
Received two separate calls from fellow applicants who wrote d exams..stating dat some other guys whom dey also networked over dere were called.
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by ojotobor: 6:33pm On Apr 13, 2018
Iyawe247:
Received two separate calls from fellow applicants who wrote d exams..stating dat some other guys whom dey also networked over dere were called.

I learnt lectures have started ( from online news) ....how true is that?
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by ZandaBright: 9:01am On Apr 14, 2018
Lectures have started!.I confirmed this from Students who are there as at yesterday afternoon.This implies that they have picked the people they want (Lecturers)....Wether they are still in the process of sending SMS to successful candidates is a question only NMU can answer...This is Nigeria where anything is possible!
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by Iyawe247: 10:43pm On Apr 15, 2018
It is well.. Betters days ahead!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by romeo1000(m): 5:50am On Apr 28, 2018
grin* lipsrsealed*
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by izicooo(f): 10:08pm On Jun 02, 2018
Nmu if you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Taraba State University ASUU Resumes Indefinite Strike / Pictures From University Of Nigeria, Nsukka / A Trillion-tons Iceberg, 4 Times The Size Of London Broke-off Antarctica(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.