Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,960 members, 7,806,779 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

Pls Help My New Dog Has Refused To Eat, Play Or Do Any Thing. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Pls Help My New Dog Has Refused To Eat, Play Or Do Any Thing. (3071 Views)

My Boerboel Dog Has 8 Breast Teats For 10 Puppies / My Dog Has Refused To Eat Because We Travelled / I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help My New Dog Has Refused To Eat, Play Or Do Any Thing. by nnenna311: 5:59pm On Nov 08, 2017
Please dog owners should help me, got a new Caucasian 3 months old dog, he has refused to eat, play or do anything, infact he has not stood up. Am really worried. Pls what do I do?
Re: Pls Help My New Dog Has Refused To Eat, Play Or Do Any Thing. by dingbang(m): 6:01pm On Nov 08, 2017
Breastfeed it

1 Like

Re: Pls Help My New Dog Has Refused To Eat, Play Or Do Any Thing. by nnenna311: 6:10pm On Nov 08, 2017
LoL � have poured peak milk for him, he refused. pls serious minded people should help.
Re: Pls Help My New Dog Has Refused To Eat, Play Or Do Any Thing. by skitozblog: 6:33pm On Nov 08, 2017
nnenna311:
LoL � have poured peak milk for him, he refused. pls serious minded people should help.
is it shiting if yes how is the smell
Re: Pls Help My New Dog Has Refused To Eat, Play Or Do Any Thing. by delishpot: 6:35pm On Nov 08, 2017
nnenna311:

Take him to a vet
Re: Pls Help My New Dog Has Refused To Eat, Play Or Do Any Thing. by skitozblog: 6:40pm On Nov 08, 2017
make sure you give it water by all means unless it might died before taking to vet
Re: Pls Help My New Dog Has Refused To Eat, Play Or Do Any Thing. by greatnaija01: 6:50pm On Nov 08, 2017
am in Lagos and my dog just recovered from the same thing.... you need a very SKILLED VET... and inform the vet to give your dog DRIPS... then you should also ensure you do not give the dog water for a day or two.... AND THE FULL APPETITE WILL RETURN....

nnenna311:
Please dog owners should help me, got a new Caucasian 3 months old dog, he has refused to eat, play or do anything, infact he has not stood up. Am really worried. Pls what do I do?
Re: Pls Help My New Dog Has Refused To Eat, Play Or Do Any Thing. by onlinetomola(m): 6:51pm On Nov 08, 2017
Your dog is on White Fasting mode praying for Nigeria...
Re: Pls Help My New Dog Has Refused To Eat, Play Or Do Any Thing. by Ukeachu1(m): 6:54pm On Nov 08, 2017
Dog is seeking inner peace...
Re: Pls Help My New Dog Has Refused To Eat, Play Or Do Any Thing. by bujebudanu1(m): 6:56pm On Nov 08, 2017
just return it.
had a pure black Caucasian puppy back then.
we gave her everything.spent money on vet and food but she didn't eat.
our guess was about change in condition or type of food cos d dog was foreign.she didn't spend one week after we bought wen she died.
Re: Pls Help My New Dog Has Refused To Eat, Play Or Do Any Thing. by 14teenK: 7:33pm On Nov 08, 2017
bujebudanu1:
just return it.
had a pure black Caucasian puppy back then.
we gave her everything.spent money on vet and food but she didn't eat.
our guess was about change in condition or type of food cos d dog was foreign.she didn't spend one week after we bought wen she died.
I believe your vet doc was incompetent, change of environment can't really detoriate the health of your pet that fast.
Re: Pls Help My New Dog Has Refused To Eat, Play Or Do Any Thing. by nnenna311: 7:34pm On Nov 08, 2017
How do I force him to drink water, should I force his mouth open?
Re: Pls Help My New Dog Has Refused To Eat, Play Or Do Any Thing. by nnenna311: 7:37pm On Nov 08, 2017
No! Not shitting
Re: Pls Help My New Dog Has Refused To Eat, Play Or Do Any Thing. by nnenna311: 7:38pm On Nov 08, 2017
Is the vet that brought him
Re: Pls Help My New Dog Has Refused To Eat, Play Or Do Any Thing. by 14teenK: 7:38pm On Nov 08, 2017
nnenna311:
if she doesn't take any water after her first day, take the pup to the vet, the pup needs to hydrated or it's going to die.
Re: Pls Help My New Dog Has Refused To Eat, Play Or Do Any Thing. by nnenna311: 7:43pm On Nov 08, 2017
14teenK:
if she doesn't take any water after her first day, take the pup to the vet, the pup needs to hydrated or it's going to die.
he's so quite now, maybe sleeping, do dogs sleep at night?
Re: Pls Help My New Dog Has Refused To Eat, Play Or Do Any Thing. by bujebudanu1(m): 8:08pm On Nov 08, 2017
14teenK:
I believe your vet doc was incompetent, change of environment can't really detoriate the health of your pet that fast.

wat could be d problem. she took drips.injections and don't tell me d vet is incompetent.
a government vet hospital and a private hospital can't be incompetent at same time

1 Like

Re: Pls Help My New Dog Has Refused To Eat, Play Or Do Any Thing. by 14teenK: 8:12pm On Nov 08, 2017
nnenna311:
he's so quite now, maybe sleeping, do dogs sleep at night?
yes now... They normally sleep but not a deep sleep, slight noises should be able to wake them up.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help My New Dog Has Refused To Eat, Play Or Do Any Thing. by 14teenK: 8:14pm On Nov 08, 2017
bujebudanu1:

wat could be d problem. she took drips.injections and don't tell me d vet is incompetent.
a government vet hospital and a private hospital can't be incompetent at same time
your vet might be injecting and treating your dog, but are you sure of the vaccines and there expiring date?. This are things to put into consideration.
Re: Pls Help My New Dog Has Refused To Eat, Play Or Do Any Thing. by bujebudanu1(m): 8:16pm On Nov 08, 2017
ok sir.the story is over 4yrs so no need to really argue
Re: Pls Help My New Dog Has Refused To Eat, Play Or Do Any Thing. by bujebudanu1(m): 8:17pm On Nov 08, 2017
nnenna311:

get a syringe
Re: Pls Help My New Dog Has Refused To Eat, Play Or Do Any Thing. by cruzydal(m): 8:43pm On Nov 08, 2017
Better kill am chop now.. Or sell am to calabar people

1 Like

Re: Pls Help My New Dog Has Refused To Eat, Play Or Do Any Thing. by ksquare44(m): 11:17pm On Nov 08, 2017
Una wicked o... Someone needs help... U people are saying something else... Haba!
Re: Pls Help My New Dog Has Refused To Eat, Play Or Do Any Thing. by Coldplay007(f): 3:00am On Nov 10, 2017
Get baby feeder and milk
Re: Pls Help My New Dog Has Refused To Eat, Play Or Do Any Thing. by Namdeenero(m): 6:19am On Nov 10, 2017
My big bro is having this same issue with his Caucasian shepherd too, though she's 2 months old. The vet said it's a bacterial something and he'll be coming to start treatment today, will keep you updated
Re: Pls Help My New Dog Has Refused To Eat, Play Or Do Any Thing. by Skidooslim: 4:48pm On Nov 11, 2017
nnenna311:
can we see the pics
Re: Pls Help My New Dog Has Refused To Eat, Play Or Do Any Thing. by Namdeenero(m): 5:18pm On Nov 11, 2017
Skidooslim:
can we see the pics
How will that help in anyway bro?
Re: Pls Help My New Dog Has Refused To Eat, Play Or Do Any Thing. by Namdeenero(m): 5:19pm On Nov 11, 2017
Namdeenero:
My big bro is having this same issue with his Caucasian shepherd too, though she's 2 months old. The vet said it's a bacterial something and he'll be coming to start treatment today, will keep you updated
Vet said it's some kind of bacterial infection and the treatment will last for 3 days, hopefully she'll feel better after that. I suggest you take your dog to the vet, also get him dewormed
Re: Pls Help My New Dog Has Refused To Eat, Play Or Do Any Thing. by Magmartin(m): 6:05pm On Nov 11, 2017
nnenna311:

How long has it stayed with you?
Up to a Week?
Re: Pls Help My New Dog Has Refused To Eat, Play Or Do Any Thing. by Skidooslim: 10:08pm On Nov 22, 2017
Namdeenero:
How will that help in anyway bro?

Re: Pls Help My New Dog Has Refused To Eat, Play Or Do Any Thing. by miami35: 2:20pm On Nov 24, 2017
If you are staying in abuja..I can link you to a very good vet...call me on 09020832613
Re: Pls Help My New Dog Has Refused To Eat, Play Or Do Any Thing. by Rooneyflex: 1:51pm On Aug 17, 2019
nnenna311:
How many weeks has it been with you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can U Buy This Reptile For Food / 12 Weeks Old Pedigree Male Rottweiler Puppy Available For A New Home / Pure Alsatian Available ... STILL AVAILABLE !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.