Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,188 members, 7,807,640 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:43 PM

Toronto Restaurant With Only HIV Positive Chefs (Photo, Video) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Toronto Restaurant With Only HIV Positive Chefs (Photo, Video) (24672 Views)

David Hundeyin Advises Nigerian Chefs On The Mad Chase For Cook-a-thon GWR / The N16k Prawn, Plantain Served In A Lagos Hotel (Photo, Video) / "Kenyan Ladies Are The Best Chefs Ever" (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toronto Restaurant With Only HIV Positive Chefs (Photo, Video) by hgnbello(m): 8:59am On Nov 09, 2017
lolz... na hiv go cm eat dere b dat oh....

i done run�

Re: Toronto Restaurant With Only HIV Positive Chefs (Photo, Video) by BafanaBafana: 9:01am On Nov 09, 2017
Wrong move if you ask me
Re: Toronto Restaurant With Only HIV Positive Chefs (Photo, Video) by Nobody: 9:31am On Nov 09, 2017
And they are not wearing gloves??

What if they mistakenly cut themselves and blood gets in??

I am against stigma but not sure i will try.
Re: Toronto Restaurant With Only HIV Positive Chefs (Photo, Video) by wildchild02: 9:46am On Nov 09, 2017
No discrimination

Check my signature to order your football jerseys and get it customized FREE OF CHARGE
Re: Toronto Restaurant With Only HIV Positive Chefs (Photo, Video) by perdollar(m): 10:19am On Nov 09, 2017
I lost a friend not to HIV but to HIV related complications. she died of tuberculosis, pneumonia(PCP,LIP), simply put she died of AIDS last week. HIV/AIDS is real, avoid anybody wt it without stigmatizing d person.
Re: Toronto Restaurant With Only HIV Positive Chefs (Photo, Video) by lollmaolol(m): 10:36am On Nov 09, 2017
sacluxisback:

O boy see comment

Na wa o
Re: Toronto Restaurant With Only HIV Positive Chefs (Photo, Video) by killaskillz: 10:37am On Nov 09, 2017
if they dare open a branch in Nigeria even people with HIV won't go
Re: Toronto Restaurant With Only HIV Positive Chefs (Photo, Video) by emmanuel2693(m): 10:55am On Nov 09, 2017
I think it's a welcome development. I need something like this in Nigeria. wink wink wink
Re: Toronto Restaurant With Only HIV Positive Chefs (Photo, Video) by pacespot(m): 11:34am On Nov 09, 2017
I thought they have found the cure for the HIV virus, it's just a virus like any other viruses
Re: Toronto Restaurant With Only HIV Positive Chefs (Photo, Video) by belindar: 11:50am On Nov 09, 2017
People perish for lack of knowledge. Do you know the health status of the people that prepare the food you eat in restaurants, joints etc OR just because they have not been tested you think you are safe.
If HIV can be contacted through food then everyone in the world has it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toronto Restaurant With Only HIV Positive Chefs (Photo, Video) by mondee02(m): 11:56am On Nov 09, 2017
caesaraba:
Lol. Here to read comments from ignorant nairaladers who sadly, are in the majority.

Honestly I'm ashamed of the amount of ignorant people in this country that you'll have to think and ask yourself what kind of education is thought in this country that our levels of thinking and reasoning is very low.

1 Like

Re: Toronto Restaurant With Only HIV Positive Chefs (Photo, Video) by mondee02(m): 11:59am On Nov 09, 2017
belindar:
People perish for lack of knowledge. Do you know the health status of the people that prepare the food you eat in restaurants, joints etc OR just because they have not been tested you think you are safe.
If HIV can be contacted through food then everyone in the world has it.

I think Nigeria has a very high level of people with ignorance, especially here in Nairaland.
Re: Toronto Restaurant With Only HIV Positive Chefs (Photo, Video) by mondee02(m): 12:09pm On Nov 09, 2017
naksjude:
Oyibo pipu and their nonsense again

No, Nigerians and their nonsense ignorance
Re: Toronto Restaurant With Only HIV Positive Chefs (Photo, Video) by elslaqq: 12:20pm On Nov 09, 2017
lobatan
ELSLAQ cares.
Re: Toronto Restaurant With Only HIV Positive Chefs (Photo, Video) by Nobody: 12:28pm On Nov 09, 2017
kabakaauu:
UNBELIEVABLE: First Restaurant That Has Only HIV-positive Chefs In The Kitchen Opened
Toronto is home to a new, first-of-its-kind pop-up — the world’s only restaurant where every piece of food is made by someone with HIV. Organizers say the impetus was a recent poll that found that the thought of dining with somebody who’s HIV-positive still paralyzes them with fear. The survey by Casey House, Canada’s only hospital dedicated to people living with HIV/AIDS, found that nearly half of Canadians wouldn’t eat a meal prepared by someone with the disease, even though health experts say the infection can’t be transmitted that way. To combat the stigma around food prep, Casey House decided it was time to pull a bold stunt.

watch the video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3mOvasamTs

The pop-up, called June’s Eatery after Casey House’s co-founder June Callwood, launched this week. It advertised two four-course dinners made by 14 HIV-positive chefs for $125 — one yesterday, the other today. Both of them sold out.

Organizers told The Guardian that they even welcome “negative coverage,” though, as the “entire point of the pop-up” is “exposing the ignorance and blame around HIV and AIDS.” They did their best to test people, too — organizers say they mailed jars of soup prepared by the HIV-positive team to newsrooms “across Canada.” It seems they didn’t really care what became of that soup in a box, as long as it challenged media to “examine their own beliefs” before writing about the event.

source:http://www.grubstreet.com/2017/11/toronto-pop-up-junes-eatery-uses-hiv-positive-chefs.html

We are going closer to wen they will tell us the truth.

HIV as the cause of AIDS is a scam.

HIV doesn't kill.

The so called prevention drugs they give to HIV patients is what destroys their immunity.

America has stopped mandatory HIV tests for people coming into America.
Re: Toronto Restaurant With Only HIV Positive Chefs (Photo, Video) by sirusX(m): 12:37pm On Nov 09, 2017
sacluxisback:

The cut is the issue....as when it gets into the food, they contribute to spreading the virus

Worse is the idea that they might not even know when they might be injured in the kitchen
Re: Toronto Restaurant With Only HIV Positive Chefs (Photo, Video) by mechanics(m): 2:17pm On Nov 09, 2017
hmmmm, nawa o, it's meant for those that like it, even if they will establish it in Nigeria some people will still go there to eat.

1 Like

Re: Toronto Restaurant With Only HIV Positive Chefs (Photo, Video) by Nobody: 11:25am On Nov 10, 2017
Hmmm, interesting.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Recipe: How To Prepare Suya Spiced Chicken Nuggets / Home Made Bread Recipe / Pls How Do I Use My Gas Cooker Oven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.