Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,919 members, 7,806,674 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

My Adsense Earnings Proof (plus Tips For Earning Big Through Adsense) - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My Adsense Earnings Proof (plus Tips For Earning Big Through Adsense) (13912 Views)

2020 Latest Way To Get Traffic On Website For Earning / Which Is Better For Earning: Having Your Own Blog Or Using Revenue-sharing Sites / How To Write Blog Posts That Increases Your Adsense Earnings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Adsense Earnings Proof (plus Tips For Earning Big Through Adsense) by webincomeplus(m): 12:34pm On Nov 14, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
But not everyone needs a thousand posts to improve traffic. I believe their is a trick or method he knows, they know, but are not telling us. You can find all these things he said online. I'm not hating or not grateful. I just believe their is more and telling anyone wouldn't subtract from their progress. For example, have you heard of Triberr? Things like that. Their should be something. A targeted marketing. A certain writing pattern and SEO formation. Their is something.
Yes, not everyone needs a thousand posts to get traffic. But chances are high that a blog with 1000 good-quality posts will generate more traffic than one with 200 posts.

That said, let me now warn you: Don't go about looking for any trick or method that you think some people know and are not telling you. As far as traffic is concerned, there are no secrets as such. Here's how it works:

Do your keyword research to figure out the exact kind of information people are searching the web for (that is related to your niche). Pull out as many such keywords as you can find. Then write posts optimized for each keyword. Keep doing that. It takes between 6-8 months for a well-written post to start fetching traffic automatically from search engines.

Let's say you have one post ranking for its target keyword and starts attracting 50 visits per day. Having 50 of such articles will fetch you 2500 visits per day. That's simple maths. You can imagine what will happen when you have 300 such articles. That's how traffic grows over time.

The strategy I explained above is called SEO (search engine optimization). You don't need to buy any premium tool to implement it. On my blog, all I use is the free version of the All-in-one SEO pack.

Now, you can't expect me to float a full-blown tutorial on SEO here. If you're really keen about this blogging thing, you'll search the web for information on that topic and read as much as possible resources on it. And in no time, you'd have mastered it -- at least, the on-page part. As a blogger, you'll start failing the day you stop learning. I spend no less than 2-3 hours daily reading stuffs that help me keep abreast of latest trends in the blogosphere and the internet marketing world.

And note that the world of blogging today has changed from what it used to be.

First, if you really want to make money from blogging, you have to forget about passion -- unless you're ready to wait for 4 years or more. You have to choose a niche that people are actively reading about online. More importantly, you have to write articles on topics that people really want to know more about. And that's where keyword research and SEO comes in.

Secondly, gone are the days when 500-word articles would do much to help you. These days, if you really want to rank well and pull search engine traffic, you have to target 1500-2000 words per article. And you have to post frequently. Everyday, if possible. Or at least 4 times a week.

If you think all these are too difficult, then blogging might not be for you.

I've not even mentioned that fact that you must be a good writer. If it takes you a whole day or longer to write a 500-word article, you won't go far as a blogger who wants to generate SEO traffic.

Well, the good news is that SEO isn't the only way to boost traffic. But it's the best because your site generates traffic even if you abandon it for days. Even Linda Ikeji can't try that! There are times I won't publish a single article in 2 weeks (after I've paid my dues, of course), and my traffic won't drop a bit.

Social media is another way to generate traffic. You need to build a massive followership on Facebook or Twitter, and then channel that traffic to your blog. But again, it's not as effective as SEO unless you've mastered the art of crafting catchy titles and posts that go viral always.

3 Likes

Re: My Adsense Earnings Proof (plus Tips For Earning Big Through Adsense) by Sapiosexuality(m): 3:14pm On Nov 14, 2017
webincomeplus:

Yes, not everyone needs a thousand posts to get traffic. But chances are high that a blog with 1000 good-quality posts will generate more traffic than one with 200 posts.

That said, let me now warn you: Don't go about looking for any trick or method that you think some people know and are not telling you. As far as traffic is concerned, there are no secrets as such. Here's how it works:

Do your keyword research to figure out the exact kind of information people are searching the web for (that is related to your niche). Pull out as many such keywords as you can find. Then write posts optimized for each keyword. Keep doing that. It takes between 6-8 months for a well-written post to start fetching traffic automatically from search engines.

Let's say you have one post ranking for its target keyword and starts attracting 50 visits per day. Having 50 of such articles will fetch you 2500 visits per day. That's simple maths. You can imagine what will happen when you have 300 such articles. That's how traffic grows over time.

The strategy I explained above is called SEO (search engine optimization). You don't need to buy any premium tool to implement it. On my blog, all I use is the free version of the All-in-one SEO pack.

Now, you can't expect me to float a full-blown tutorial on SEO here. If you're really keen about this blogging thing, you'll search the web for information on that topic and read as much as possible resources on it. And in no time, you'd have mastered it -- at least, the on-page part. As a blogger, you'll start failing the day you stop learning. I spend no less than 2-3 hours daily reading stuffs that help me keep abreast of latest trends in the blogosphere and the internet marketing world.

And note that the world of blogging today has changed from what it used to be.

First, if you really want to make money from blogging, you have to forget about passion -- unless you're ready to wait for 4 years or more. You have to choose a niche that people are actively reading about online. More importantly, you have to write articles on topics that people really want to know more about. And that's where keyword research and SEO comes in.

Secondly, gone are the days when 500-word articles would do much to help you. These days, if you really want to rank well and pull search engine traffic, you have to target 1500-2000 words per article. And you have to post frequently. Everyday, if possible. Or at least 4 times a week.

If you think all these are too difficult, then blogging might not be for you.

I've not even mentioned that fact that you must be a good writer. If it takes you a whole day or longer to write a 500-word article, you won't go far as a blogger who wants to generate SEO traffic.

Well, the good news is that SEO isn't the only way to boost traffic. But it's the best because your site generates traffic even if you abandon it for days. Even Linda Ikeji can't try that! There are times I won't publish a single article in 2 weeks (after I've paid my dues, of course), and my traffic won't drop a bit.

Social media is another way to generate traffic. You need to build a massive followership on Facebook or Twitter, and then channel that traffic to your blog. But again, it's not as effective as SEO unless you've mastered the art of crafting catchy titles and posts that go viral always.
Okay. This makes much sense. I have one question and request. Can one earn through Ad impressions or how does it work? Can you help me look at this site to be sure the ads are well placed? www.mortalpoet.com. Am I missing anything? Thanks.
Re: My Adsense Earnings Proof (plus Tips For Earning Big Through Adsense) by deturla: 6:43pm On Nov 14, 2017
@webincomeplus, can you talk about targeting virgin keywords??

This is working for me a lot.
Re: My Adsense Earnings Proof (plus Tips For Earning Big Through Adsense) by bobojoshua(m): 9:43pm On Nov 14, 2017
webincomeplus:
Apologies to everyone who felt bored by the screenshots. I hate to do stuffs like this, but sometimes you need to go extra miles to prove the truth.

For beginners who have been nursing the dream of earning big on Adsense, the first thing to bear in mind is ...

TRAFFIC.

There are really no magic tricks anywhere. And there are no shortcuts. Without massive traffic, you can't earn via Adsense.

From my experience, one can cannot start earning decently from Google Adsense until his/her blog starts generating about 2000 daily visits. So, if you're still far from that milestone, you need to work on your traffic and bother less about Adsense for now.

HOW TO INCREASE YOUR ADSENSE EARNINGS

Now, I want to share with you some of the strategies I've used to increase my Adsense earnings consistently and some things I've learned since I started monetizing with Adsense:

First, traffic matters most. I just can emphasize this enough. Without decent amount of traffic, you won't earn decent income from Adsense. If your blog hasn't started generating up to 2000 daily unique visits, this is the only tip you need right now. Because without massive traffic, other tips here won't work.

Second, keep testing different ad placement formats until you get the one that attracts clicks the most. There's no format set in the stone, so you have to keep tweaking to see what works best for your blog. However, be careful not to place too many ads above the fold. Adsense hates this!

Third, link ads rock! I've observed that many Nigerian bloggers put up only banner ad units and ignore text link ad units. Truth is, text link ad units are usually more in line with your content, so they tend to attract lots of clicks. If you've not been using them, you're losing money!

Fourth, increase your page views. The more page views you have, the higher the number of ad clicks you'll generate. Why? Because more page views mean visitors stay on your blog to read multiple pages before leaving. In addition, the more your page views, the lower your clickthrough rate. And the lower your clickthrough rate, the safer you are (because Google Adsense bans accounts with exceptionally high CTR). To increase your page views, use "Related Posts" and "Popular Posts" plugins or widgets.

Fifth, wide ad units attract most clicks. I've observed that the leaderboard that most bloggers place in their blog headers and the skyscraper usually placed in the sidebar don't really attract attention. Why? Because visitors are usually focused on the content area, not the header or sidebar. So, ad units embedded within content attract most clicks.

Sixth, always monitor your Adsense dashboard. When necessary, it gives you hints on what to do to increase your earnings. Also, it sends you warning signals when some things are goung wrong.

Seventh, monitor your traffic with Google Analytics, not the Blogger Dashboard traffic stats. As for the traffic stats on Blogger dashboard, it gives exaggerated traffic reports because it counts visits from bots and search engine spiders as part of your traffic. However, Google Analytics tracks only real human traffic. Why should you monitor your Analytics stats. Let me share this with you: last week, I noticed that my clickthrough rate was getting higher, and I couldn't explain why. I then noticed that the number of page views has reduced. With the help of Google Analytics, I was able to find out the exact date the problem started. And I was able to find the cause of the problem (one silly plugin was making the blog show blank on opera mini, which increased the bounce rate and reduced the number of page views). I quickly deleted the plugin, and things went back to normal.

Eighth, search engine traffic generates most clicks. Why because SEO brings fresh visitors, not repeat visitors who are already "blind" to your ads.

Ninth, if Google Matched content has been activated for your Adsense account, try to place it under your posts. That tool boosts page views like crazy.

So, if you have any questions regarding this post or something to add, leave a comment and let's learn from each other.
Re: My Adsense Earnings Proof (plus Tips For Earning Big Through Adsense) by webincomeplus(m): 7:07am On Nov 15, 2017
deturla:
@webincomeplus, can you talk about targeting virgin keywords??

This is working for me a lot.
I don't get your question. What did you mean by "virgin keywords"?
Re: My Adsense Earnings Proof (plus Tips For Earning Big Through Adsense) by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:12am On Nov 15, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Okay. This makes much sense. I have one question and request. Can one earn through Ad impressions or how does it work? Can you help me look at this site to be sure the ads are well placed? www.mortalpoet.com. Am I missing anything? Thanks.
Webincomeplus.
Re: My Adsense Earnings Proof (plus Tips For Earning Big Through Adsense) by webincomeplus(m): 8:26am On Nov 15, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Webincomeplus.
I actually checked your site, and I was marvelled by the length of your posts and the details they pack. But you can't make headway by blogging just your opinions.

If only you've channelled the enthusiasm and energy expended on your posts into writing reviews on cheap mobile phones in Nigeria or other tech related topics that people are actively searching for, you should be generating thousands of daily visits by now. Mind you, those topics are just examples.

Blogging for income is no longer about passion or about writing things that come to your mind. Like any other business, it's about supplying what there is demand for. That is, you need to start writing topics that people (Nigerians) are actively searching the web for. Topics like how to start various small businesses, how to travel abroad without stress, post-utme and admission updates, latest tech devices, and so on. Learning about keyword research and on-page optimization will help you understand how to figure out post topic ideas that will most likely pull traffic.

To your first question. There are many ways to earn from a blog. But with regards to Adsense, you earn per click or per 1000 views (mille). But most advertisers favor the per-click option.

2 Likes

Re: My Adsense Earnings Proof (plus Tips For Earning Big Through Adsense) by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:40am On Nov 15, 2017
webincomeplus:

I actually checked your site, and I was marvelled by the length of your posts and the details they pack. But you can't make headway by blogging just your opinions.

If only you've channelled the enthusiasm and energy expended on your posts into writing reviews on cheap mobile phones in Nigeria or other tech related topics that people are actively searching for, you should be generating thousands of daily visits by now. Mind you, those topics are just examples.

Blogging for income is no longer about passion or about writing things that come to your mind. Like any other business, it's about supplying what there is demand for. That is, you need to start writing topics that people (Nigerians) are actively searching the web for. Topics like how to start various small businesses, how to travel abroad without stress, post-utme and admission updates, latest tech devices, and so on. Learning about keyword research and on-page optimization will help you understand how to figure out post topic ideas that will most likely pull traffic.

To your first question. There are many ways to earn from a blog. But with regards to Adsense, you earn per click or per 1000 views (mille). But most advertisers favor the per-click option.
Thank you. I understand better now. I won't change my topics though. I may run a different blog with those set of topics later.
Re: My Adsense Earnings Proof (plus Tips For Earning Big Through Adsense) by nemdy(m): 7:11pm On Nov 16, 2017
boss, how can i contact you, i need us to talk
Re: My Adsense Earnings Proof (plus Tips For Earning Big Through Adsense) by hayPizzle(m): 5:08pm On Dec 02, 2017
webincomeplus:

I never knew hate can cause blindness. LOL! I actually uploaded the dashboard of the Adsense on my Google Account. Scroll up and open your eyes clearly this time.

Then cry foul once again!
can i have your contact, wanna discuss something with u
Re: My Adsense Earnings Proof (plus Tips For Earning Big Through Adsense) by Nobody: 7:44am On Dec 08, 2017
webincomeplus:
Finally, here's the Google Analytics for the site. I've uploaded this because one slowpoke couldn't just comprehend that a Nigerian blog can generate so much traffic...

I think I know that blog. Infact, I know most of your blogs - including the amazon niche sites, targeted at US traffic.
Re: My Adsense Earnings Proof (plus Tips For Earning Big Through Adsense) by 3html: 8:50am On Dec 08, 2017
Luiz1:
I think I know that blog. Infact, I know most of your blogs - including the amazon niche sites, targeted at US traffic.

That traffic comes from one blog know as Niger...... F...com
He has another known as webincome.......com

And its targeted at Nigeria not US.... even me I think he still earn low considering his site age.
I know of a blog that makes 120$ a day and was open last year.. Targeted at Nigeria

Remove ur mind from foreign traffic guys are making it with naija traffic.. A good daily traffic of 6k can generate you 15 to 20k page views which can guarantee you of 10$ to 15$ daily
Re: My Adsense Earnings Proof (plus Tips For Earning Big Through Adsense) by naijatechgist: 9:43am On Dec 08, 2017
3html:

And its targeted at Nigeria not US.... even me I think he still earn low considering his site age.
I know of a blog that makes 120$ a day and was open last year.. Targeted at Nigeria

Remove ur mind from foreign traffic guys are making it with naija traffic.. A good daily traffic of 6k can generate you 15 to 20k page views which can guarantee you of 10$ to 15$ daily
That's Nigerians bloggers mentality.... I use to target USA traffic before and I was getting like zero organic traffic from Google not until I got fed up with the foreign traffic bullshit I now change my targeted country to Nigeria. Guest what my newly blog post started ranking first on Google Search key words... I don't have enough post on my blog but still 50% of my traffic is organic.... Just make research on keywords before writing any blog post.
Re: My Adsense Earnings Proof (plus Tips For Earning Big Through Adsense) by Sapiosexuality(m): 9:50am On Dec 08, 2017
naijatechgist:

That's Nigerians bloggers mentality.... I use to target USA traffic before and I was getting like zero organic traffic from Google not until I got fed up with the foreign traffic bullshit I now change my targeted country to Nigeria. Guest what my newly blog post started ranking first on Google Search key words... I don't have enough post on my blog but still 50% of my traffic is organic.... Just make research on keywords before writing any blog post.
How do you target specific countries? With the type of posts you make or what exactly? Thank you. I wouldn't mind any idea on how to improve traffic and earnings on www.mortalpoet.com. Thank you.
Re: My Adsense Earnings Proof (plus Tips For Earning Big Through Adsense) by naijatechgist: 9:59am On Dec 08, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
How do you target specific countries? With the type of posts you make or what exactly? Thank you. I wouldn't mind any idea on how to improve traffic and earnings on www.mortalpoet.com. Thank you.
you can do that on your webmaster tools account.... just go to targeted country and change it from USA to any country you'd prefer.
Re: My Adsense Earnings Proof (plus Tips For Earning Big Through Adsense) by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:03am On Dec 08, 2017
naijatechgist:

you can do that on your webmaster tools account.... just go to targeted country and change it from USA to any country you'd prefer.
Thanks. Didn't even know their was a function for that in the Webmaster tool. Thanks. And what about the second question? Thanks.
Re: My Adsense Earnings Proof (plus Tips For Earning Big Through Adsense) by Nobody: 10:08am On Dec 08, 2017
3html:

Yea, I know the blog. He has two of such blogs with quite similar domain names. Nevertheless I think Nigerian traffic doesn't do well wite affiliate marketing except ur in make money online niche - I may be wrong. What do you think?
Re: My Adsense Earnings Proof (plus Tips For Earning Big Through Adsense) by 3html: 10:28am On Dec 08, 2017
Luiz1:
Yea, I know the blog. He has two of such blogs with quite similar domain names. Nevertheless I think Nigerian traffic doesn't do well wite affiliate marketing except ur in make money online niche - I may be wrong. What do you think?
My reference was on adsense
Re: My Adsense Earnings Proof (plus Tips For Earning Big Through Adsense) by Nobody: 10:44am On Dec 08, 2017
3html:

My reference was on adsense
Yea, I merely highlighted why any blogger wld go for a US/UK traffic - adsense or affiliate.
Re: My Adsense Earnings Proof (plus Tips For Earning Big Through Adsense) by naijatechgist: 12:12pm On Dec 08, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Thanks. Didn't even know their was a function for that in the Webmaster tool. Thanks. And what about the second question? Thanks.
The best way to improve your traffic is guest post. you might find this article helpful https://www.writersincharge.com/blog/
Re: My Adsense Earnings Proof (plus Tips For Earning Big Through Adsense) by Sapiosexuality(m): 12:17pm On Dec 08, 2017
naijatechgist:

The best way to improve your traffic is guest post. you might find this article helpful https://www.writersincharge.com/blog/
Okay. Thanks.
Re: My Adsense Earnings Proof (plus Tips For Earning Big Through Adsense) by purplejuli: 9:21pm On Dec 08, 2017
naijatechgist:

so what of leaving the target unticked in Google Webmaster? is ticking Nigeria best?

Webincomeplus
Re: My Adsense Earnings Proof (plus Tips For Earning Big Through Adsense) by kelvinnaira: 4:40pm On Apr 23, 2018
3html:

Brother why na?

Put your mind to it, learn it well and you can do it. its easy really.

1 Like

Re: My Adsense Earnings Proof (plus Tips For Earning Big Through Adsense) by Hunry: 1:57am On Apr 24, 2018
wow,how come I'm just seeing this.
3html what's the name of the blog that makes $120 daily?
kelvinnaira aw do you research the keywords you write on and what niche is d site in ur screenshot
Re: My Adsense Earnings Proof (plus Tips For Earning Big Through Adsense) by kelvinnaira: 8:13am On Jul 12, 2018
Hunry:
wow,how come I'm just seeing this.
3html what's the name of the blog that makes $120 daily?
kelvinnaira aw do you research the keywords you write on and what niche is d site in ur screenshot
I use flippa to gt ideas from different sites, group similar sites 2geda, then do my kw reach.

the site is in the lifestyle niche.
Re: My Adsense Earnings Proof (plus Tips For Earning Big Through Adsense) by Hunry: 11:34am On Jul 12, 2018
kelvinnaira:
I use flippa to gt ideas from different sites, group similar sites 2geda, then do my kw reach.

the site is in the lifestyle niche.

OK but it's not targeted to Nigerian audience, right?

Also, how long are ur articles & do u outsource or write dem urself?

Finally, is ur traffic solely from seo or what methods do u use to promote ur site.
Re: My Adsense Earnings Proof (plus Tips For Earning Big Through Adsense) by rudralove: 4:12pm On Jul 13, 2018
latest adsense earning video using my method swiss adsense account 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm3qT9biJbw

1500$ to 5000$ per month adsense secret earning method by 1ranksseo.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chMjSKs09wk

http://www.1ranksseo.com/jobs/google-adsense/1500-to-5000-per-month-adsense-secret-earning-

method-by-1ranksseo-com/
Re: My Adsense Earnings Proof (plus Tips For Earning Big Through Adsense) by kelvinnaira: 4:12pm On Jul 13, 2018
Hunry:

OK but it's not targeted to Nigerian audience, right?

Also, how long are ur articles & do u outsource or write dem urself?

Finally, is ur traffic solely from seo or what methods do u use to promote ur site.
1. Nt at all
2. for detailed guides (50k+ searches with med.comp), over 4k words and for low comp. 1k and above

I write detailed guides myself and outsource others.

3. Just seo.. social shares brings sme visits and some turns into repeat visitors.

1 Like

Re: My Adsense Earnings Proof (plus Tips For Earning Big Through Adsense) by Silvermoney: 4:21pm On Jul 16, 2018
Re: My Adsense Earnings Proof (plus Tips For Earning Big Through Adsense) by InvisibleB: 7:19pm On Aug 18, 2018
kelvinnaira:

Brother why na?

Put your mind to it, learn it well and you can do it. its easy really.

Bro please link me to the materials and the place where you learnt this/got this knowledge from, I beg show me the way. How long did it take you to get to this level? I want to be able to make a site that has CPC of $2 at least. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Can I Unsubscribe The Whatsapp Plan On Airtel / "Basics Of Getting Google Adsense Approval 2016" / Which Domain Host Is The Best In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.