Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,601 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo (41144 Views)

Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Signpost Destroyed In Owerri (Photos) / Okorocha Unveils The Statue Of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Liberian President / Statue Of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf In Owerri Pictured Ahead Of Visit To Imo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by Amarabae(f): 8:33am On Nov 10, 2017
Cherez:

Why are awards given? Is it not for one's contribution to a particular community? You don't give awards In-view of what will be done but what was done.
Anybody supporting these acts by Okorocha should examine it well.
The monies (N520million per statue of so) used for these statues can raise over a million Imo youths to become millionaires and help Imo IN at least 20 different industrial areas by means of a project like YOUWIN or so.
Bringing these presidents will not bring a dime to Imo.
How many countries grew by drawing foreign presidents to their countries than BUILDING HUMAN CAPACITY INTERNALLY?
I'm from Anambra and Imo used to be better in education back then but I know even without statistics, you won't even agree to this today anymore. Anambra used to be a state of business men only but not anymore.
Can you compare the welfare of the Anambra state's civil servant to that of Imo state which is even an older state?
When Rio Ferdinand came to Lagos and was given a Yoruba chieftaincy title, what did he do for them?
When flavour went to Liberia and was given a chieftaincy title, what did he do for them?
When forest Whitaker visited nkwerre and was given a chieftaincy title, what did he do for nkwerre people,
Oh, chieftaincy title given to a prestigious guest is a way of welcoming and appreciation.
End of story.
And stop this IMO Vs Anambra debate abeg.

1 Like

Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by SHANGALORLOR: 8:35am On Nov 10, 2017
abeg ourmumudondo.
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by aleeyus(m): 8:38am On Nov 10, 2017
CaptainJeffry:
I've dated two ladies from Imo state so I think I deserve a statue by Roaches. undecided cheesy
grin
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by Bullhari007(m): 8:38am On Nov 10, 2017
Abagworo:
Ellen Johnson Sirleaf is one of the greatest women in modern African history and the only female President ever to emerge out of Africa.
go to Liberia and see a country rule by a woman how far they are... women are bad leaders
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by obailala(m): 8:38am On Nov 10, 2017
Leez:

u mean ds guy?
Oh is dat ur dad?... Oh now I get it... lol... only a retarded brain actually assumes a person is yoruba simply because I said there isnt anything wrong with conferring a visiting president with a title. And then he actually begins the moronic igbo vs yoruba slurs with me. Such a child, now I better understand who you are...
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by MrBONE2(m): 8:41am On Nov 10, 2017
Spylord48:
Lol ist stage gone.tomorrow the main business of the day will be done. THE GRAND UNVEILING CEREMONY!!!
After which preparation for the next statue unveiling will commence. Who knows it might be Robert mugabe this time around.
grin
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by Abagworo(m): 9:06am On Nov 10, 2017
Bullhari007:
go to Liberia and see a country rule by a woman how far they are... women are bad leaders

I don't agree with you on that sexist comment.
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by OMANBALA1: 9:08am On Nov 10, 2017
Abagworo:

You don't even know what is Ozo title and you wrote a full page of balderdash. The eagle feather played more significant role than the cap in the past but Ozo title is an Igbo thing and not Anambra. Moreover Nnewis, Aguata, Anaocha, Ihiala, Ekwusigo, and Orumbas are all closely packed with Imo State in a non-stop sprawl that the only difference is artificial State boundary.

lol..Nwokem, noo nwayo biko. This is still the indefatigable Odenigbo Aroli! Did you just say I dont knwo what is Nze na Ozo ? Why have you refused to change from your evil ways, Abagworo....My uncle is an Agbalanze, most male in my family has Ozo and my grandmother is Nnebuenyi( Nwanyi gbalu odu ukwu na aka). I know too much about our noble Nze na Ozo and I have witnessed the ceremony too many a time.

Abagworo ,you are from Ugwuta and from your history you dont have the OZO institution just like most Imo towns ,especially Owerri ,Mbaise,Mbano and their surrounding towns. Only few towns in Imo state has the prestigious culture of Nze na Ozo . Yes ,Igba Ijele, Ofala, Igba Odu, Igba akwunechenyi are all Igbo culture because these beautiful cultures can only be found in Igbo land but we can all agree that not all Igbo towns/state observe this culture.

I know every step of Nze na Ozo rites and the food cooked on that day which we call nni ocha which is the main dish. I know the sound of ufie wooden gong,ekwe , and I can dance it. Please, dont say what you dont know....Anambra own Nze na Ozo and the mbuluchi Nri spread the culture.

And no,Nnewi , Aguata, Anaocha, Ihiala, Ekwusigo and Orumba has nothing in common with Ndi Imo and stop spread lies. I know how Awgbu, Amaokpala and Umunze sound, a bit like Awka. Nnewi , Orsumenyi, Ichi and Amichi speaks a peculiar dialect. And please dont touch Anaocha, Aguata where Oliver and Theresa Onuora hail from...You are quite strange ,Abagworo...lol

Ihiala, Orsumoghu ,Uli and Mgbidi sound alike but that is understandable because of their proximity but still they are just as Anambra as Nsugbe is. The state has been created and I know you feel all the good stuff is packed in Anambra but that is destiny. Anambra bu isi Igbo and every Igbo person need to respect that. I am not here to argue with you but to flip your lies.

Abagworo, I am yet to see you celebrate Imo culture but you are always lurking around to poke your nose in Anambra culture....

Osita Osadebe says...Onye nwe okpa kpoo ya okpa nkpokolo agbataobi ewelia kpoo ntu. If you dont respect your culture nobody will.
Your northern raised governor is running around giving chieftaincy titles to people with questionable character,thereby selling Igbo culture for penny....nakwa echeki!
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by Chukazu: 9:11am On Nov 10, 2017
vioment:
Am not an Okorocha supporter but this is a good strategy if channeled the right way. Okorocha is opening imo up to the world. 1st he did that thing for SA president, now the avid readers and news followers there now know imo state, same with Liberia. And hopefully, other important people. One eastern state or all need to open up like Lagos. Let's lead the world in science, technology, civility, and dignity; after all, those countries we respect outside of china have that attitude and also have their own traditions they had to tamper down to accommodate us.

Okorocha's shallow mind is enough grief to well meaning Imolites, but to now see that he has succeeded in making myopic feeble minded foot soldiers like you even makes the matter worse.

there's a difference between sustainable development and jamboree.
have you thought of the possibility of another governor coming to bulldoze every dam structure that OKOROCHA has erected?

now if the same government can at least invest those resources on ICT training for its students,nobody can take such investment away...that is sustainable development

@Lalas247 come and carry your peeps cool
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by Abagworo(m): 9:15am On Nov 10, 2017
Cherez:

Why are awards given? Is it not for one's contribution to a particular community? You don't give awards In-view of what will be done but what was done.
Anybody supporting these acts by Okorocha should examine it well.
The monies (N520million per statue of so) used for these statues can raise over a 520 Imo youths to become millionaires and help Imo IN at least 20 different industrial areas by means of a project like YOUWIN or so.
Bringing these presidents will not bring a dime to Imo.
How many countries grew by drawing foreign presidents to their countries than BUILDING HUMAN CAPACITY INTERNALLY?
I'm from Anambra and Imo used to be better in education back then but I know even without statistics, you won't even agree to this today anymore. Anambra used to be a state of business men only but not anymore.
Can you compare the welfare of the Anambra state's civil servant to that of Imo state which is even an older state?

Imo is still leading the rest of Nigeria by a very wide margin in education and Imo isn't older than Anambra. The old Eastcentral State was concentrated on Anambra and so was the old Anambra State from which Enugu was created. The only thing that makes sense is to say Owerri became State capital before Awka.

https://edunaij.com.ng/most-educated-states-nigeria/

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/224061-imo-students-top-jamb-application-list-2016.html/amp

http://thenationonlineng.net/imo-students-top-jamb-application-list-2017/amp/
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by OMANBALA1: 9:19am On Nov 10, 2017
Adadiohamma instead of the more popular Ada di ora mma.

Ndi Anambra ,you will be a ffool if you keep writing chere,were,ihuru,wetara and all these strange Igbo dialects that doesnt bear your identity.

Believe it or not I will never buy that Igbo unity bullcrap. I will fight till Igbo Izugbe nonsense is scapped from our Anambra schools. Nobody can use trick to trample on Anambra noble and prestigious culture. Oma mme!
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by BeijinDossier: 9:22am On Nov 10, 2017
You work night and day online trying to market an unmarketable state and its govenor. Why arr you cursed with joblessness?

Stop mentioning any part of Anambra in your tirade. Imo state is least today in every parameter of development. Every stats has proved it. Look at the education index, health Index, IGR, FDI, debt burden, infrastructure....tell us one that Imo is doing better than any SE state?

Stop deceiving yourself because we are not outsiders that doesn't live with us in this region

[s]
Abagworo:

Imo is still leading the rest of Nigeria by a very wide margin in education and Imo isn't older than Anambra. The old Eastcentral State was concentrated on Anambra and so was the old Anambra State from which Enugu was created. The only thing that makes sense is to say Owerri became State capital before Awka.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/224061-imo-students-top-jamb-application-list-2016.html/amp

[/s]
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by OMANBALA1: 9:24am On Nov 10, 2017
Abagworo:

Imo is older than Anambra in the sense that the most developed and seat of the power on old Imo was carved into the new one,thereby making the newly created state to retain the major structures of government.

I am not here to compare Imo and Obodo nnaa. I have since exaust myself of the headache right when your governor stated he is pouring 70% of Imo budget in Owerri. Okorocha is not very intelligent but he has good taste.
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by Abagworo(m): 9:25am On Nov 10, 2017
OMANBALA1:

lol..Nwokem, noo nwayo biko. This is still the indefatigable Odenigbo Aroli! Did you just say I dont knwo what is Nze na Ozo ? Why have you refused to change from your evil ways, Abagworo....My uncle is an Agbalanze, most male in my family has Ozo and my grandmother is Nnebuenyi( Nwanyi gbalu odu ukwu na aka). I know too much about our noble Nze na Ozo and I have witnessed the ceremony too many a time.

Abagworo ,you are from Ugwuta and from your history you dont have the OZO institution just like most Imo towns ,especially Owerri ,Mbaise,Mbano and their surrounding towns. Only few towns in Imo state has the prestigious culture of Nze na Ozo . Yes ,Igba Ijele, Ofala, Igba Odu, Igba akwunechenyi are all Igbo culture because these beautiful cultures can only be found in Igbo land but we can all agree that not all Igbo towns/state observe this culture.

I know every step of Nze na Ozo rites and the food cooked on that day which we call nni ocha which is the main dish. I know the sound of ufie wooden gong,ekwe , and I can dance it. Please, dont say what you dont know....Anambra own Nze na Ozo and the mbuluchi Nri spread the culture.

And no,Nnewi , Aguata, Anaocha, Ihiala, Ekwusigo and Orumba has nothing in common with Ndi Imo and stop spread lies. I know how Awgbu, Amaokpala and Umunze sound, a bit like Awka. Nnewi , Orsumenyi, Ichi and Amichi speaks a peculiar dialect. And please dont touch Anaocha, Aguata where Oliver and Theresa Onuora hail from...You are quite strange ,Abagworo...lol

Ihiala, Orsumoghu ,Uli and Mgbidi sound alike but that is understandable because of their proximity but still they are just as Anambra as Nsugbe is. The state has been created and I know you feel all the good stuff is packed in Anambra but that is destiny. Anambra bu isi Igbo and every Igbo person need to respect that. I am not here to argue with you but to flip your lies.

Abagworo, I am yet to see you celebrate Imo culture but you are always lurking around to poke your nose in Anambra culture....

Osita Osadebe says...Onye nwe okpa kpoo ya okpa nkpokolo agbataobi ewelia kpoo ntu. If you dont respect your culture nobody will.
Your northern raised governor is running around giving chieftaincy titles to people with questionable character,thereby selling Igbo culture for penny....nakwa echeki!

There is not much difference between Imo and Anambra culture hence it is termed Igbo culture. You are so fixated in your local area that you know little or nothing about Igboland thereby believing so much in artificial State boundary. The culture is same till you get to Owerri where a clearer difference is noticed which continues into Ngwa, Umuahia and Rivers State. Those Owerri and neighbours refer to other Igbos north of them including the rest of Imo and Anambra as Isoma. The culture in Egbema, Oguta, Ogbaru are virtually same with Delta Igbo while Ohaji tilts towards Owerri and Rivers.
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by OMANBALA1: 9:27am On Nov 10, 2017
Abagworo:

There is not much difference between Imo and Anambra culture hence it is termed Igbo culture. You are so fixated in your local area that you know little or nothing about Igboland thereby believing so much in artificial State boundary. The culture is same till you get to Owerri where a clearer difference is noticed which continues into Ngwa, Umuahia and Rivers State. Those Owerri and neighbours refer to other Igbos north of them including the rest of Imo and Anambra as Isoma. The culture in Egbema, Oguta, Ogbaru are virtually same with Delta Igbo while Ohaji tilts towards Owerri and Rivers.

Why did your governor change Adadioramma to Adadiohamma ?
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by BeijinDossier: 9:28am On Nov 10, 2017
Just shut up your mouth. For the records, Anambra has nothing in common with Imo state. Imolites are slaves to Anambra people. #FACT

[s]
Abagworo:

[/s]

Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by Horladipupo0505: 9:29am On Nov 10, 2017
imo state and his gift.....why is okorocha a single minded nonentity..... why is he wasting all d country resourcea on irrelevance..... rather than thinking on hw to develop his ao called state,he is sharing his inheritance to ppl who nt not relevant to the development of nigeria.....is president buhari nt around again why cnt he call im to orda....i comment my reserve........God will see us through

1 Like

Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by OMANBALA1: 9:30am On Nov 10, 2017
Abagworo:

There are differences in dialects and other aspects of Igbo culture. There are obvious similarities because some of these Orlu towns migrated from Anambra and inter-marriage is very prevalent in that areas.

1 Like

Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by OMANBALA1: 9:32am On Nov 10, 2017
Chino atuo ka egbe..lol.
Abeg, I don tire...Sleepy
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by Alexus23: 9:35am On Nov 10, 2017
able88:
Just see how these mumu traditional men are dishing out prestigious titles.

These people don't know that there's a right of passage before a woman should be conferred with that title.
This woman deserves the title and even more. The only female president in the entire African continent. You think say to be president na beans undecided Now, can you tell us your own achievment?
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by obailala(m): 9:36am On Nov 10, 2017
Amarabae:
God bless you dear.
I don't like Rocha's but cmon, it's should not take away our sense of reasoning.
Forest Whitaker visited nkwerre some years ago and he was given a chieftaincy title as a black American who traced his root to the Igbos.
Sometimes it's used as a sign of appreciation.
When flavour visited Liberia some years back,they honoured him also with a chieftaincy title, same as when Rio Ferdinand visited Lagos back then, he was honoured with a chieftaincy title too.
It's used for appreciation.
Playing politics with emotion is one of our problems.
I think it's more or less an issue of 'herd mentality' - first person criticises, everyone else follows irrespective of whether the criticism makes any sense.

1 Like

Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by BeijinDossier: 9:36am On Nov 10, 2017
OMANBALA1:
Chino atuo ka egbe..lol.
Abeg, I don tire...Sleepy

Nwanne kedu maka America?

If you allow this useless old man he will re-write history while we look on. This bastard must be followed bumper to bumper if not he will use his usual lies to cover up everything.
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by Bullhari007(m): 9:37am On Nov 10, 2017
Abagworo:

I don't agree with you on that sexist comment.
neither am I forcing you to agree
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by Nobody: 9:38am On Nov 10, 2017
Abagworo:
GOVERNMENT OF IMO STATE
PRESS RELEASE

SUBJECT: PRESIDENT OF LIBERIA MRS. ELLEN JOHNSON SIRLEAF ARRIVES IMO, RECEIVES CHIEFTAINCY TITLE OF “ADA DI OHA NMA” OF IMO STATE
- SAYS AFRICA HASN’T DONE BADLY
- AS GOVERNOR ROCHAS OKOROCHA DESCRIBES HER AS A PRIDE TO AFRICA

President of Liberia, Mrs. Ellen Johnson Sirleaf has been honoured with a befitting Chieftaincy title of “ADA DI OHA NMA” of Imo State. The Chieftaincy title was conferred on her by the Chairman of the State Council of Traditional Rulers, HRM, Eze Samuel Ohiri at the Eze Imo Palace Owerri on Thursday, November 9, 2017.
President Sirleaf had arrived Owerri through the Sam Mbakwe International Cargo Airport where the Governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha received her with the wife, Nneoma Nkechi Okorocha and other Senior government functionaries, and she is in the State for a two-day visit on the invitation of the Rochas Foundation College of Africa.
The Liberian President was driven straight to the Eze Imo Palace at Mbari Street Owerri where she was Conferred with the Chieftaincy title which means, “The Daughter that is good for all”.
Conferring the Chieftaincy title on Mrs. Sirleaf, Eze Ohiri said she has done Africa proud especially the women folks and deserves to be honoured.
Receiving the Chieftaincy title, Mrs. Sirleaf said she was happy to be in Imo State and noted that generally speaking Africa as a Continent and the nations that Constitute the region have not done badly in all Considerations, adding that with Education, hardwork and Unity of purpose, Africa would soon get to the Promised Land.
Governor Rochas Okorocha in his own speech stated that Mrs. Sirleaf is a pride to Africa and an inspiration to all the women in Africa and beyond, adding that her coming to the State was exciting.
The Liberian President would on Friday, November 10, 2017 meet with the Students of Rochas Foundation College of Africa for interaction and would also particularly parley with Liberian Students in the College whose Parents died of the Ebola disease.
It is also expected that the Liberian President will buy into the vision 2030 of the Rochas Foundation College of Africa which has been programmed to ensure that more than one million children of Africa are taken off the streets and given quality education.
Mrs. Sirleaf will also deliver a lecture to Imo women on the title “Women in Politics” and will equally be honoured with Imo Merit Award and a road to be named after her, while a statue will also be unveiled in her honour and her name given a place in the Imo Hall of Fame.
Some African leaders had earlier been honoured, and the people of the State are happy to be receiving these leaders Since the State has so much been developed by the Current government in its urban Renewal Programme which has made the State fit to host any leader from any part of the world.

Sam Onwuemeodo
Chief Press Secretary to the Governor

Where is Pinshure of her statue
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by Alexus23: 9:42am On Nov 10, 2017
ezeagu:
Igbo titles are toilet paper. Sorry. I'm pretty sure that Evans guy has a title.
Even you. smh embarassed
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by Alexus23: 9:46am On Nov 10, 2017
Why are these Anambra guys so fuvcking annoying angry
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by Leez(m): 9:53am On Nov 10, 2017
obailala:
Oh is dat ur dad?... Oh now I get it... lol... only a retarded brain actually assumes a person is yoruba simply because I said there isnt anything wrong with conferring a visiting president with a title. And then he actually begins the moronic igbo vs yoruba slurs with me. Such a child, now I better understand who you are...
grin grin
aite adult
lol
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by OMANBALA1: 9:59am On Nov 10, 2017
BeijinDossier:

Nwanne kedu maka America?

If you allow this useless old man he will re-write history while we look on. This bastard must be followed bumper to bumper if not he will use his usual lies to cover up everything.

Nwanna, anom ofum. Kedu maka oliaku na umuaka.

I have been ignoring because its just exausting.
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by BeijinDossier: 10:01am On Nov 10, 2017
OMANBALA1:

Nwanna, anom ofum. Kedu maka oliaku na umuaka.

I have been ignoring because its just exausting.

Nwanne anyi di mma. Kedu maka ndi nke gi?

As for that clown, he must be monitored without ceasing. No exception. Because his lies are so much that it calls for concern. I have a duty to follow him all over NL.
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by vioment: 10:03am On Nov 10, 2017
Chukazu:

Okorocha's shallow mind is enough grief to well meaning Imolites, but to now see that he has succeeded in making myopic feeble minded foot soldiers like you even makes the matter worse.

there's a difference between sustainable development and jamboree.
have you thought of the possibility of another governor coming to bulldoze every dam structure that OKOROCHA has erected?

now if the same government can at least invest those resources on ICT training for its students,nobody can take such investment away...that is sustainable development

@Lalas247 come and carry your peeps cool

I understand he should do more in ICT training in a mega way, and i wish he is doing it and highlighting the program.

Like i stated earlier, i am not his overall supporter but i support this one idea of giving foreign dignitaries titles in imo state; and maybe more things he is doing that i am not aware of. This one just makes sense. It is not a first strategy for development, it is the strategy applied hen you at least have light, water, credible schools, and infrastructure. It is similar to hosting fifa to choose your country for Olympics. The banks there stand to gain, the city and state get noticed and curious minds make the trip if financially capable. his is jamboree and invisible/pseudo tourism and investment.
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by mthy(m): 10:06am On Nov 10, 2017
Abagworo:
GOVERNMENT OF IMO STATE
PRESS RELEASE

SUBJECT: PRESIDENT OF LIBERIA MRS. ELLEN JOHNSON SIRLEAF ARRIVES IMO, RECEIVES CHIEFTAINCY TITLE OF “ADA DI OHA NMA” OF IMO STATE
- SAYS AFRICA HASN’T DONE BADLY
- AS GOVERNOR ROCHAS OKOROCHA DESCRIBES HER AS A PRIDE TO AFRICA

President of Liberia, Mrs. Ellen Johnson Sirleaf has been honoured with a befitting Chieftaincy title of “ADA DI OHA NMA” of Imo State. The Chieftaincy title was conferred on her by the Chairman of the State Council of Traditional Rulers, HRM, Eze Samuel Ohiri at the Eze Imo Palace Owerri on Thursday, November 9, 2017.
President Sirleaf had arrived Owerri through the Sam Mbakwe International Cargo Airport where the Governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha received her with the wife, Nneoma Nkechi Okorocha and other Senior government functionaries, and she is in the State for a two-day visit on the invitation of the Rochas Foundation College of Africa.
The Liberian President was driven straight to the Eze Imo Palace at Mbari Street Owerri where she was Conferred with the Chieftaincy title which means, “The Daughter that is good for all”.
Conferring the Chieftaincy title on Mrs. Sirleaf, Eze Ohiri said she has done Africa proud especially the women folks and deserves to be honoured.
Receiving the Chieftaincy title, Mrs. Sirleaf said she was happy to be in Imo State and noted that generally speaking Africa as a Continent and the nations that Constitute the region have not done badly in all Considerations, adding that with Education, hardwork and Unity of purpose, Africa would soon get to the Promised Land.
Governor Rochas Okorocha in his own speech stated that Mrs. Sirleaf is a pride to Africa and an inspiration to all the women in Africa and beyond, adding that her coming to the State was exciting.
The Liberian President would on Friday, November 10, 2017 meet with the Students of Rochas Foundation College of Africa for interaction and would also particularly parley with Liberian Students in the College whose Parents died of the Ebola disease.
It is also expected that the Liberian President will buy into the vision 2030 of the Rochas Foundation College of Africa which has been programmed to ensure that more than one million children of Africa are taken off the streets and given quality education.
Mrs. Sirleaf will also deliver a lecture to Imo women on the title “Women in Politics” and will equally be honoured with Imo Merit Award and a road to be named after her, while a statue will also be unveiled in her honour and her name given a place in the Imo Hall of Fame.
Some African leaders had earlier been honoured, and the people of the State are happy to be receiving these leaders Since the State has so much been developed by the Current government in its urban Renewal Programme which has made the State fit to host any leader from any part of the world.

Sam Onwuemeodo
Chief Press Secretary to the Governor
Okorohausa u don start again
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by solreb: 10:14am On Nov 10, 2017
...and the Best African Statue Governor of the Year 2017 goes to Rochas Okorocha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sowore’s Revolution: Shehu Sani, Dele Momodu React / Governor Uzodinma Signs New Law: Imo State Administration Of Criminal Bill / Atiku Shops For Campaign DG, Seeks Obasanjo’s Endorsement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.