Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,501 members, 7,781,521 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:04 PM

7 Things That A Gentleman Should Not Wear - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / 7 Things That A Gentleman Should Not Wear (1132 Views)

Children Under The Age Of 6 Should Not Wear Sunglasses For A Long Time / What Matured Men Should Not Wear In 2020 / Want To Live The Gentleman's Lifestyle? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Things That A Gentleman Should Not Wear by sleekjamz(m): 7:03am On Nov 10, 2017
It doesn’t matter how confident you are as a gentleman when it comes to outfit ideas, there are some pieces of clothes that a man should not put on his body.

In today’s topic reader I will be discussing on ‘7 things that a gentleman should not wear’

1. Too much fragrance as a gentleman.

OK guys am putting this on number one spot on my list, cause I know many guys are fond of the habit of putting on too much fragrance.
Gentlemen always remember you wanna be discovered, you don’t wanna walk into a room or a classroom or probably into an office and announce yourself.

Seriously unless you want to annoy your crazy colleague at your work place, some people don’t have to smell you all day in the office.

You can start off with one spray and make sure you do yourself a favour and find a fragrance that works for you.

2. Logo embroidered trousers .

I wrote an article on ‘5 Incredible Fashion Ideas Trending For Men’ and I discussed about avoiding large logos on your shirts.

Lets talk about that on trousers, why will a gentleman put on trousers that is embroidered with logos, like I said unless they are paying you why the hell will you advertising a logo on your trousers like a billboard.

3. Skinny jeans.

I will tell you directly please avoid skinny jeans if you are not skinny.

I know a lot of guys want to blend with the latest trending fashion wears and they end up putting on skinny jeans, yes it might be cool on your friend doesn’t mean it will be OK on you.

So in general I do not like to see big men trying to squeeze themselves inside these skinny and trying to show the world everything about them.

4. Studded belts.

Seriously, I explain in my previous post about avoid belts with huge logo because it doesn’t look cool on a gentleman another thing to avoid on belt are studs on belt, like seriously they don’t look cool.
Anytime I see men with studs all over their belts they look awkward.

Guys you wanna avoid studded belt when you pass the age of ten.

5. Gentlemen Wearing dress shirt untucked.

Gentlemen please if it’s a dress shirt it is made to be tuck in, always tuck in a dress shirt.

Now a casual shirt you can wear untucked because they are often made to, but make sure you get it adjusted to be the right fit, it should not be way down to cover your buttocks that will be way too long, it should be 2-3 inches long and when you raise your hands it should cover your mid section that’s gonna be the good line for the shirt, but if it’s a dress shirt it’s always tucked in.

6. Pajama pants in public.

You really need to avoid putting on Pajama pants in public and think it’s fashion, well unless your house is on fire and you have to run out of your house with your pajamas, OK that’s alright.
But I see you on the street or in a shopping store with pajamas you really need to change you style.

7. Socks with sandals.

well it always amaze me that I keep saying it times with out number that socks were not made for sandals, if you want to wear your sandals it’s preferable you rock them with no socks.
Thats it for today guys, hope you enjoy my discussion on ‘7 things a gentleman should not wear’.

If you have any other point you can contribute below.

check out for more fashion tips:
http://sleekjamz.co/7-things-gentleman-wear/
Re: 7 Things That A Gentleman Should Not Wear by uzoormah(m): 7:07am On Nov 10, 2017
"Tuck in" is one thing i am yet to get used to

1 Like

Re: 7 Things That A Gentleman Should Not Wear by Nbote(m): 7:09am On Nov 10, 2017
Dis is what u get wen U copied and pasted ur way thru skool
Re: 7 Things That A Gentleman Should Not Wear by sleekjamz(m): 7:12am On Nov 10, 2017
uzoormah:

it's pretty cool when you tuck in your dress shirt, you tend to look smart as a gentle man wink
Re: 7 Things That A Gentleman Should Not Wear by Florblu(f): 7:23am On Nov 10, 2017
Wearing sandal with socks?

I pray I don't walk into a fellow with socks and sandal,I don't want to embarrass anyone with my laughter this November please
Re: 7 Things That A Gentleman Should Not Wear by rawpadgin(m): 7:42am On Nov 10, 2017
If being a gentleman means i have to be wearing alagbu trouser......... Well, then i don't want to be a gentleman
Re: 7 Things That A Gentleman Should Not Wear by calberian: 7:44am On Nov 10, 2017
PJs and untucked dress shirts. Guilty as charged!
Re: 7 Things That A Gentleman Should Not Wear by Seeker17(m): 8:05am On Nov 10, 2017
So guys still wear socks in sandlas. Lmao
Nice list Op, I particularly dislike the 1st point; Too much fragrance on a guy is so kinda off to me.
Skinny jeans; I like them modearately skinny, Baggy jeans are a no-no
Tucking in is cool bt I do it only on Official grounds and maybe to Church, doing it on a normal day is something I find hard
Re: 7 Things That A Gentleman Should Not Wear by Kingkyle1(m): 9:17am On Nov 10, 2017
Florblu:
Wearing sandal with socks?

I pray I don't walk into a fellow with socks and sandal,I don't want to embarrass anyone with my laughter this November please
What of socks with slippers nko? You never see something oo grin cheesy
Re: 7 Things That A Gentleman Should Not Wear by jerflakes(m): 5:55pm On Nov 10, 2017
Pyjama pants is OK... Because the world is your bedroom

2 Likes

Re: 7 Things That A Gentleman Should Not Wear by Veraatabeh(f): 7:23pm On Nov 27, 2017
uzoormah:
rugged guy
Re: 7 Things That A Gentleman Should Not Wear by uzoormah(m): 8:21pm On Nov 27, 2017
Veraatabeh:
rugged guy
Am a gud guy o
Re: 7 Things That A Gentleman Should Not Wear by Veraatabeh(f): 9:12pm On Nov 27, 2017
uzoormah:

Am a gud guy o
hmmmm
Re: 7 Things That A Gentleman Should Not Wear by uzoormah(m): 6:20am On Nov 28, 2017
Veraatabeh:
hmmmm
Yea..ur type of man

(1) (Reply)

Cheap Clothes Latest Website - WWW.MARSHALSICONICDESIGNS.COM / JUNE ARRIVALS - Flat Shoes, Sandals And Slippers / New Stock Alert For Unique Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.