Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,707 members, 7,802,122 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? (22980 Views)

Has Any Nigerian Developed App Like Whatapp, Facebook & Instagram / I Just Developed An App Called Social Gathering, Rate It Developers / Rate My Android Mobile Apps Out Of 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by lilmarley: 8:24pm On Nov 11, 2017
As for me it's a yay

We start from the root to the top

At least they've they've known how to program an app...... What remains now is . (To think of a reasonable app that haven't been programmed by any developer before) then boom!!!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by Thatitan234(m): 8:25pm On Nov 11, 2017
I love eem
Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by chukkystar(m): 8:25pm On Nov 11, 2017
I like Naija whot

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by Elxandre(m): 8:27pm On Nov 11, 2017
No, I wont download monkey post if it's boring!
Even if I do, it will be abandoned except it's interesting.

I think the problem with Nigerian made apps is the lack of originality in several of them.
Rehashing ideas from already popular games will hardly bring tremendous success.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by talk2percy(m): 8:31pm On Nov 11, 2017
badbreath:
Yah!

I have a dream. That one day, Nigeria will become a better place.......... we are at the verge of it!

Watch out!
..Oohh..it's just a dream..
Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by JacksonD7: 8:31pm On Nov 11, 2017
Yay, some apps are worth having. Some are not.

We're got a lot to figure out when it comes to games, but we're getting other apps right(VPNs, proxy apps etc).
Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by wtfcoded: 8:32pm On Nov 11, 2017
MrHighSea:
Not sure. Mayb as usual, made in China, Coupled in Lagos.
God bless you for bringing my thought to the front page.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by boiz2men(m): 8:43pm On Nov 11, 2017
Itzurboi:
Its a YES for me (Excluding Bank Transaction App). I dont trust those developers before they wire wire my small change...

Lol... Last 2 months I was consulted to help a team develop UI for an internet banking app for a bank in Lagos. I rem one of our discussions was how easy it was to take 3kobo for every transaction. Lol.... You can be rest assured that your money is safe. Hackers don't for a company and banks only give contracts to companies

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by loomer: 8:45pm On Nov 11, 2017
People still dey play pro evolution?
Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by Tjesctacy(m): 8:48pm On Nov 11, 2017
I want to design an app for my website www.herbalpharmal.com so users can easily access information fast and on the go.
Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 11, 2017
Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by kokomaster3d: 8:52pm On Nov 11, 2017
Good some Nigerians have also created Nigerian Facebook. www.yembos.com.
Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by deflover(m): 8:54pm On Nov 11, 2017
These apps are not totally developed by Nigerians
What they do is pay for a right for the codes but build characters in our local names
So when they say game app they only build the characters.... The operating software that powers the game doesn't belong to them

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by Coldfeets: 8:56pm On Nov 11, 2017
badbreath:
Yah!

I have a dream. That one day, Nigeria will become a better place.......... we are at the verge of it!

Watch out!

Wake up!

You've slept enough.

Wake up and face the reality right now!

It ain't getting any better.

And this is just the beginning.

It can only get worse...

Before it gets better!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by Lomprico2: 8:56pm On Nov 11, 2017
badbreath:
Yah!

Watch out!

Because of android app??

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by HyDef(m): 8:57pm On Nov 11, 2017
Well, we're getting better... Speaking of apps, you can check the one in my signature. tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Nov 11, 2017
deflover:
These apps are not totally developed by Nigerians
What they do is pay for a right for the codes but build characters in our local names
So when they say game app they only build the characters.... The operating software that powers the game doesn't belong to them
I thought so too.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by Fongido(m): 9:01pm On Nov 11, 2017
I wanna come into the ITworld and I hope I'll make Nigeria proud. I'll develop apps that'll compete internationally. The whites will be begging me with millions of dollars to buy my apps. It shall be so Amen. save this page

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by etenyong(m): 9:01pm On Nov 11, 2017
Many thanks to Buhari for creating an enabling environment for web and app developers in Nigeria. Soon they shall create or develop app that will help in detecting corruption

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by jacyhelen(f): 9:05pm On Nov 11, 2017
We need Buahri run app or i cant pay my tithe app
Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by chaelmic(m): 9:07pm On Nov 11, 2017
badbreath:
Yah!

Watch out!

Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by Itzurboi(m): 9:16pm On Nov 11, 2017
boiz2men:

Lol... Last 2 months I was consulted to help a team develop UI for an internet banking app for a bank in Lagos. I rem one of our discussions was how easy it was to take 3kobo for every transaction. Lol.... You can be rest assured that your money is safe. Hackers don't for a company and banks only give contracts to companies
okay, thankz for the partial assurance... Lol
Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 11, 2017
budosky:

You gat start from somewhere dude!
in a country like Nigeria without basic resources and flair for developers?
Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by Sheun001(m): 9:29pm On Nov 11, 2017
cry
when will Nigeria be able to produce games like this
undecided chai!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by asawanathegreat(m): 9:33pm On Nov 11, 2017
Buy naija product
Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by nigerianpride: 9:40pm On Nov 11, 2017
To me one of the best Nigerian Apps that adds value is the Study in Europe Mobile App and the Study in Budapest mobile app developed by a Nigerian , you can travel abroad in minutes , airport taxi , accomodation , flight , student visa , university admission all automated without agents and advance fee, completely free, now thats what I call an App with value!

Download the app here
Study in Budapest - University Admission & Travel

Apple IOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/study-in-budapest-university-admission-travel/id1255634020?mt=8

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.goziextech.studyinbudapest

Check it at www.studyinbudapest.com/search-universities

Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by directonpc(m): 9:43pm On Nov 11, 2017
You can check my new app that helps you carry out Mobile banking without internet or cramming codes.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.buildbrothers.ussdbanking

You have got to love it!
Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by directonpc(m): 9:51pm On Nov 11, 2017
Tjesctacy:
I want to design an app for my website www.herbal pharmal.com so users can easily access information fast and on the go.
looking for a developer?
Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by nigerianpride: 9:51pm On Nov 11, 2017
Tjesctacy:
I want to design an app for my website www.herbal pharmal.com so users can easily access information fast and on the go.

Contact @ Goziex Tech support@goziextech.com , developers of Study in Europe Mobile App
Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 9:55pm On Nov 11, 2017
While some Nigerians have really made some impressive apps, I'm sorry to say most Nigerian developed apps are just no! Either the app is a direct copy and past of some other existing foreign designed and developed app with minor modifications or the design and experience is so terrible as to make the app practically unusable.

First off, Nigerians need to learn to make apps that are for Nigerians. Sure, lots of Nigerians are used to foreign apps, but there are certain nuances regarding Nigerian culture and society that are almost always overlooked by the designers of foreign apps (mainly because they aren't primarily designing their apps for Nigerians in the first place). We need to create Nigerian apps that are Nigerian, and by this I don't mean painting the app in green and white.

Asides that, we Nigerian developers really need to raise our standards when it comes to designing interfaces. Some apps are uglier than a baboon on hunger strike. Some apps look so poorly designed that you're left certain that it's the project work of a particularly unimaginative five year old. No matter how long it takes us to learn how to design proper interfaces, we need to go the distance - instead of designing UIs that leave people wanting to stab their eyes.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by ClintonNzedimma(m): 10:03pm On Nov 11, 2017
We are getting there...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If You've Always Wanted To Learn Programming But Failed, Be Here!!! / Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? / What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.